The Hidden Mission Forum

Full Version: OOPARTS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Time we had a thread entirely devoted to this subject.
Sure, some are going to be phony, but many actual Ooparts have been discovered, and to those I'd dedicate this thread.
Just to start;

Photoshopped? Hoax?
[Image: cell%20phone.jpeg]
http://www.inquisitr.com/2655585/archaeo...sts-video/

Just 'cause it looks like a cell phone, but is it really?
Could be anything, if anything?
[Image: ShowImage.ashx?id=321761&h=530&w=758]

History mystery: Gold tool discovered in Jerusalem cemetery leaves archaeologists stumped

The Antiquities Authority turned to the public Tuesday to understand the purpose for a mysterious artifact that was discovered in an old building in a Jerusalem cemetery.

Several months ago, a maintenance worker for the cemetery noticed an abandoned package inside an old structure on the grounds. In accordance with security protocol, the worker immediately alerted police forces in the area who carried out a controlled explosion within the building to eliminate any possible threat from the package.

The damage caused to the structure revealed a gold-colored object which was turned over to the authority for study.

At 8.5 kg., the IAA has been stumped by the gold object, having never seen anything of the like in the past. The object has since been taken in for testing and analysis by experts who tried to understand the use and purpose of the item.

After several months of tests and studies, the IAA, unable to assign a name to the mysterious object, has now turned to the public for help determining what the object is and how it ended up in the cemetery structure.

So, we turn to you. What do you think it is? 

Send your ideas to letters@jpost.com.

http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/History...ped-438035

Now there is an OOPART!
they figured out what that was... some new age healing thingamabob made in Germany
Yes...here's a translated page from the German company who makes them...
https://translate.google.com/translate?h...rev=search
(12-29-2015, 09:09 PM)Kalter Rauch Wrote: [ -> ]Yes...here's a translated page from the German company who makes them...
https://translate.google.com/translate?h...rev=search
Deo...
Guess that point Arrow seem is moot.

Quote:beam is mote

mystery solved!

WEBER ISIS BEAMER 1: GOLD-PLATED BRASS 2
[Image: beamer-golden_1_5.jpg]

The Weber Isis Beamer 1: 2 to an apartment to 60 sqm harmonize against electromagnetic and geopathic radiation exposure. Radius 6m. Plated brass!More intensive harmonization due to the gilding.
€ 299.00
Incl. 19% VAT., Plus. Shipping costs

Now thatza oopARTS.
Swiftly unmasked by the internet sleuths.
Less of the oops parts and more of the truths.

here is an unbelievably simple horary of sorts.

[Image: post_old.gif] 06-14-2006, 10:47 AM
jebert [Image: user_offline.gif]

What is the angle of a pile of hourglass sand?

When sand drops from the upper chamber of an hourglass, it makes a pile in the lower chamber. The sides of the cone-shaped pile form at a specific angle. What is this angle?

Is this angle the same regardless of what the material is? 

Or does it vary depending on the size, shape, or surface of the particles being dropped? Would smooth-surfaced spheres make the same angle as rough-surfaced cubes?

Quote:[Image: post_old.gif] 06-14-2006, 11:13 AM
Squink [Image: user_offline.gif]

It's called the angle of repose, and yes, it does vary with the shape and physical properties of the particles in a pile.
Quote:
The angle of repose has been experimentally shown to depend on the shape and roughness of the particles, typically measuring 22º for smooth spherical particles and 33 ± 2º for aeolian sand. Additionally, there is significant variation of qr (angle of repose) with the method of measurement. Smaller particulates can have a qr that is greatly affected by electrostatic interactions.

How ancient is the technology of the literal sands of time itself?

[Image: Hourglass-replica-30-minutes-18th-centur...tlarge.jpg]
Introducing the world's most simple accurate time computer in the same setting as the new age device...

Antique key there a  Arrow mechanism(hourglass)
Antikythera mechanism is quite complicated.Eh?
The Antikythera Mechanism is a compelling example of an OOPART that demonstrated levels of knowledge and achievement way beyond our normal cultural story.  It is a real OOPART that has changed our view of history.  It is neither hoax nor intriguing natural artifact and has been discussed elsewhere in this forum.  

What other OOPARTS are close in terms of documentation?  The Shroud of Turin?  The Starchild skull?
The Phaistos disc (now, maybe, deciphered but maybe not)?  

What actually do we mean by out of place artifact?   Hmm2
The "cellphone" above...I think that is an
imaginative art piece or movie prop.
The markings are cuneiform-like...
so the there's a cognitive dissonance,
like seeing a Flintstone car.

Would that Egyptian wall relief of a electric bulb-like object
qualify as an oopart in any sense.
The golden fliers . . .
Quote:Would that Egyptian wall relief of a electric bulb-like object

Or the helicopter or the submarine? Things like that are more puzling than most ooparts. Of course there is also the stegosaurus on Angkor Wat or wherever it is, carvings are either there or not and i don't know how certain it is those carvings are actually there or whether anyone has ever checked the circulated images for signs of photoshop. Shouldn't social media be plastered with backpackers' selfies next to these carvings by now?
That phone was never going to be anything other than a joke or an art student's course work. The Jerusalem thing was obviously not real gold.

A lot of the grand old ooparts were allegedly found in coal, but there is a theory of how coal formation could in some circumstances only take not much more than 1500-2000 years or so.
The Cozo Geode has a rather murky backstory and might even be a spark plug. Most of these ooparts do not have good provenance and haven't been rigorously examined. At least the Golden Flyers pass that test.
(12-31-2015, 04:45 AM)Bigfoot73 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Would that Egyptian wall relief of a electric bulb-like object

Or the helicopter or the submarine? Things like that are more puzling than most ooparts. Of course there is also the stegosaurus on Angkor Wat or wherever it is, carvings are either there or not and i don't know how certain it is those carvings are actually there or whether anyone has ever checked the circulated images for signs of photoshop. Shouldn't social media be plastered with backpackers' selfies next to these carvings by now?
That phone was never going to be anything other than a joke or an art student's course work. The Jerusalem thing was obviously not real gold.

A lot of the grand old ooparts were allegedly found in coal, but there is a theory of how coal formation could in some circumstances only take not much more than 1500-2000 years or so.
The Cozo Geode has a rather murky backstory and might even be a spark plug. Most of these ooparts do not have good provenance and haven't been rigorously examined. At least the Golden Flyers pass that test.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Golden Flyers are to date, the leading candidate for most astonishing world based Oopart.

Nothing either on the earth, or Moon, or Mars connect all three together as do the Golden Flyers.
The culture that produced the objects the Golden Flyers are based on.... had it all.
They were 'Right there'. As we were/are 'right there' from the moment WWII Germany produced the V2 and the ME 262 jet fighters, and the rocket powered Komet Me 163 fighter.
What are we talking here? 2 1/2 decades before men stood on the Moon? Call it what you will, mankind was a space faring culture from the moment we put boots on the ground on another planetary body (The Moon), and as much as that, when our rovers first showed us the surface of Mars at 1 foot!
The little Golden Flyers should be the centerpiece displays at the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum.

The history that all deny is met in those little artifacts.
We once were so much more!
"...from the moment WWII Germany produced the V2 and the ME 262 jet fighters, and the rocket powered Komet Me 163 fighter.
What are we talking here? 2 1/2 decades before men stood on the Moon? Call it what you will, mankind was a space faring culture from the moment we put boots on the ground on another planetary body (The Moon), and as much as that, when our rovers first showed us the surface of Mars at 1 foot!
The little Golden Flyers should be the centerpiece displays at the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum.

The history that all deny is met in those little artifacts.
We once were so much more!"

FSB...Yes, I think you're positing a planet-of-the-apes syndrome
that afflicts man's psyche
The line between history and prehistory has always seemed to me
arbitrary...like boundaries drawn across desert sands.
I've only recently heard of an archaeological site in Turkey called Gobekli Tepe
that has apparently been dated to ~10-12,000 years ago.
The architecture revealed so far has shown peculiar T-shaped
large standing stones, with bas-reliefs of strange animals,
and hopefully light shed upon the era between the last ice age and Sumer. 

Anyway...what I was going to say about this "syndrome"
is that there has always been an impulse to repress any evidence
of a re-birth a superior race of Philosopher Kings.
The idea that we never went to the Moon
may be seen as a manifestation of the same sort of Luddite
mob psychology which claims the Holocaust never happened.
The nexus of this fear seems to be that the Germans
had linked genius to The Dark Side
with the goal of utter domination.

Ninja

But really, I know nothing of such things
for I would not be led into Commission of Thought Crime
or intent thereof.
Well KR,
The Germans of the '30s and '40 were the folk who took the first, best step into space age technologies in the modern era, although the Brits, and hard on their heels, ourselves were right there as well.
It was the time that all things came together to put mankind on the verge of serious space exploration.
All that is basically little more than a footnote to an event little more than 150 years previous to that time. That event was a true earth shaker.

As far as 'The Dark Side" goes, very little that man creates is beyond his ability to bend it to the dark side. It's what we do.
FSB......you might want to peruse William Corliss' Sourcebook Project site.
http://www.science-frontiers.com/sourcebk.htm
The Science Frontiers Online page is a truncated selection of Sourcebook articles
taken from recognized journals.
Not quite as inexplicable as Charles Fort though.

"All that is basically little more than a footnote to an event little more than 150 years previous to that time. That event was a true earth shaker."

So...What happened around 1800(?)

Quote:Gobekli Tepe 

I remember researching this a while back.
the most striking thing I remember was that the archaeologists claimed that the site
was buried intentionally by later cultural intent.
http://humansarefree.com/2011/01/gobekli...emple.html

Quote:In 2006, Klaus Schmidt, the archaeologist leading the excavation was asked why Göbekli Tepe was intentionally buried. This is his answer:
Quote:"No one knows. But the way the dust is packed around the stones shows that Göbekli was entombed deliberately, and with some care."

I would agree with Deo,
the Antikythera mechansim is a solid candidate for single most important artifact found to date.
On the face of it, most folk never consider the extreme importance of the moment man first learned how to make steam do work around 1700, but practical engine/boilers about 1780
It remains the basis for most of the worlds energy production.
Hydro Electric, thermal, Solar, wind, all these can turn turbines as well, but steam is overwhelmingly the power behind every aspect of industrialized society.
The discovery that steam could do work led directly to the advent of the industrial revolution. It powered everything until hydro electric came on the scene to share the task.
I know about steam, having spent 37 years as an industrial Pipefitter/Steamfitter, and retired now from maintaining four of the giant Cleaver Brooks fire tube boilers at a large nuclear site in Idaho.
But it is only a result of an even more important event in the history of man that was in the short process of taking place just previous to the discovery of steam power. The British empire spreading the English language around the world, and its acceptance and adoption as 'The' language of the human race.
The ability of men everywhere to communicate and exchange ideas is without doubt the single most important thing leading to advanced technology to have taken place since the Tower of Babel event robbed us of that ability.
The discovery of how to make steam do work could arguably be said to be a direct result of advanced communications
and the first 'Jewel in the Crown' produced from it.
The spreading of the British Empire (English Language) and the rise of industrialized society/advanced technologies are without question married in lock step.
"On the face of it, most folk never consider the extreme importance of the moment man first learned how to make steam do work around 1700, but practical engine/boilers about 1780

It remains the basis for most of the worlds energy production."

FSB......then please explain how come the first steam turbine invented by Hero of Alexandria
didn't lead to an industrial revolution nearly 2000 years earlier...
or did it, but was destroyed by superstitious religious iconoclasts.
You'd think the Greeks learned of it, and then the Romans.
The Christians probably threw any plans for such "infernal devices" into the bonfire,
 as well as "sorcerers" practicing the Black Art.
(01-05-2016, 12:13 AM)Kalter Rauch Wrote: [ -> ]"On the face of it, most folk never consider the extreme importance of the moment man first learned how to make steam do work around 1700, but practical engine/boilers about 1780

It remains the basis for most of the worlds energy production."

FSB......then please explain how come the first steam turbine invented by Hero of Alexandria
didn't lead to an industrial revolution nearly 2000 years earlier...
or did it, but was destroyed by superstitious religious iconoclasts.
You'd think the Greeks learned of it, and then the Romans.
The Christians probably threw any plans for such "infernal devices" into the bonfire,
 as well as "sorcerers" practicing the Black Art.

Hero made a spinning sphere indeed, but I can find no mention of him ever thinking to harness it to do work, so it didn't catch on!
Likewise, Latin should have caught on as the world wide language of all humanity, but for some reason it never achieved that status either.
"Hero made a spinning sphere indeed, but I can find no mention of him ever thinking to harness it to do work, so it didn't catch on!

Likewise, Latin should have caught on as the world wide language of all humanity, but for some reason it never achieved that status either."

Doh Now why is their no mention of his work?
I did find one citation about a book by Hero about "temple devices",
and I saw a video about that subject but didn't note the inventor or engineer.

...as to why the information didn't
"catch on" and spread worldwide along with Latin...
Because...The Church...censored anything deemed "of the devil"...

The Tower of Babel story may contain evidence of an "oo-event"
having to do with an anomalous mass occurrence of what Jung called "collective amnesia".

Have you ever looked at The Voynich Manuscript?
It's what might be an oo-book,
written sometime in the medieval time in an unknown code
in a strange script, and hand illustrated...
researched by Bell Labs and many others who have made
a range of interpretations.
Just the kind of book that escaped the bonfires of The Inquisition.
...and then there were the Mayan books incinerated by the priests...
Lovecraft mentions the Voynich book......

I just finished skimming through Hero's book Pneumatics.
#45 is the steam turbine.
Several other inventions have to do with siphons, that did "catch on".
Check it out in google/books/Hero of Alexandria......
I had never heard of the Voynich manuscript,
and browsed a few selections on the net.
The array of historical investigations, theories and translative possibilities is endless.
In harmonic number code search I call it a cat chasing it's tail endlessly around a moebius strip.
I liked this idea in the case of this manuscript.

Quote:In their 2004 book, 
Gerry Kennedy and Rob Churchill hint at the possibility that the Voynich manuscript 
may be a case of glossolaliachanneling, or outsider art.[49]

If this is true, then the author felt compelled to write large amounts of text
in a manner which somehow resembles stream of consciousness
either because of voices heard, or because of an urge. 

While in glossolalia this often takes place in an invented language 
(usually made up of fragments of the author's own language), 
invented scripts for this purpose are rare. 

Kennedy and Churchill use Hildegard von Bingen's works to point out similarities 
between the illustrations she drew when she was suffering from severe bouts of migraine
which can induce a trance-like state prone to glossolalia—and the Voynich manuscript. 

Prominent features found in both are abundant "streams of stars", 
and the repetitive nature of the "nymphs" in the biological section.
The theory is virtually impossible to prove or disprove, 

short of deciphering the text; 
Kennedy and Churchill are themselves not convinced of the hypothesis, 
but consider it plausible. 

In the culminating chapter of their work, 
Kennedy states his belief that it is a hoax or forgery. 
Churchill acknowledges the possibility that the manuscript is a synthetic forgotten language 
(as advanced by Friedman), or a forgery, to be preeminent theories. 
However he concludes that if the manuscript is genuine, 
mental illness or delusion seems to have affected the author.

I once coined in a word ---  a flow of consciousness in writing prose --- that need not be poetic.
Poems and Flo-ems.
The Voynich is an ancient flo-em.
"...the possibility that the Voynich manuscript 
may be a case of glossolaliachanneling, or outsider art.[49]"

A similar book comes to mind...The Book of Urantia.
From what I understand about its origin, it was dictated from behind
a stout door in an insane asylum to a scribe writing down a
first draft version of a volume +1000 pages long.

The Voynich Mss. may be just such a personal representation of The Universe.
MYSTERIOUS ANCIENT ‘PADLOCK’ FOUND IN EXCAVATIONS OF ANCIENT SERDICA IN BULGARIA’S CAPITAL SOFIA

February 10, 2016 · by Ivan Dikov

[img=499x0]http://i1.wp.com/archaeologyinbulgaria.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Padlock-Serdica.jpg?resize=640%2C427[/img]
[Image: pin_it.png]

[Image: fb_share.png]

This puzzling ancient artifact found recently in the ruins of ancient Serdica in Bulgaria’s capital Sofia is believed to be a padlock, or at least to have been used for locking. Photo: Kaloyan Somlev, Big5

mysterious ancient artifact which resembles a padlock but nonetheless continues to perplex the archaeologistshas been discovered during the recent excavations of theAncient Thracian and Roman city of Serdica in the very downtown of the Bulgarian capital Sofia.

The bewildering item was found in the fall of 2015 but has been brought to the attention of the media and public only now, during the preparations for the Bulgarian Archaeology 2015 exhibit at the National Institute and Museum of Archaeology in Sofia, which is to present thediscoveries made during the last archaeological season’sdigs all over Bulgaria.

http://archaeologyinbulgaria.com/2016/02...tal-sofia/
There are a myriad of small inventions in scattered, isolated locations around the world down thru every age that should have caught on and been history changers, but for some reason never did. Why?
Your guess was as good as mine, but if I had to guess, I'd say the fractionalized state of humanity. We were wanting that one connection that would make it all come together, and I think the English language was that link!

The communication between peoples that made them aware of such innovations was lacking, so they did not spread far beyond their points of origin.
True but what is the KEY for this specific Mystery?

Lock what??? Gnosis? Naughty 

[Image: Padlock-Serdica.jpg?resize=640%2C427]
Sophia is the key. LilD

Quote:The communication between peoples that made them aware of such innovations was lacking, so they did not spread far beyond their points of origin.

That sounds like an event horizon of a black hole.
Gnosis is like a horus on the horizon hawking radiation...  It getz out into the collective eventually.

Like Sophia whispering secrets in a deaf ear.

Sophia (Gnosticism)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[/url][url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sophia_(Gnosticism)#p-search]
Part of a series on
Gnosticism
[Image: 100px-Gema_o_Piedra_Abraxas_de_la_obra_%...C_1887.jpg]

Sophia (Greek Σοφíα, meaning "wisdom," Coptic τcοφια tsophia[1]) is a major theme, along with Knowledge (Greek γνῶσις gnosis, Coptic sooun), among many of the early Christian knowledge-theologies grouped by the heresiologistIrenaeus as gnostikos, "learned." Gnosticism is a 17th-century term expanding the definition of Irenaeus' groups to include other syncretic and mystery religions.[2]
In Gnostic tradition, Sophia is a feminine figure, analogous to the human soul but also simultaneously one of the feminine aspects of God.[citation needed] Gnostics held that she was the syzygy of Jesus Christ[citation needed] (i.e. the Bride of Christ), and Holy Spirit of the Trinity. ~.333 / Magdalene She is occasionally referred to by the Hebrew equivalent of Achamōth (Ἀχαμώθ, Hebrew חכמה chokhmah) and as Prunikos (Προύνικος). 

In the Nag Hammadi texts, Sophia is the lowest Aeon, or anthropic expression of the emanation of the light of God. 

She is considered to have fallen from grace in some way,  -wiki

allah-peanut-butter magdalene!!!  

in so doing creating or helping to create the material world. -wiki

Never wager until you earn your wage.
Oomparts was as improv is.
(12-30-2015, 02:52 AM)deo Wrote: [ -> ]The Antikythera Mechanism is a compelling example of an OOPART that demonstrated levels of knowledge and achievement way beyond our normal cultural story.  It is a real OOPART that has changed our view of history.  It is neither hoax nor intriguing natural artifact and has been discussed elsewhere in this forum.  

What other OOPARTS are close in terms of documentation?  The Shroud of Turin?  The Starchild skull?
The Phaistos disc (now, maybe, deciphered but maybe not)?  

What actually do we mean by out of place artifact?   Hmm2

A new oopart(s)???  Arrow

Holycowsmile

Has a Piece of the World’s Oldest Computer Been Found?
A lost piece of the world’s oldest analog computer (the Antikythera mechanism an ancient Greek device designed to calculate astronomical position) may have been discovered.

[Image: 150111-candida-moss-new-author.jpg][/url]Candida Moss

11.13.18 12:25 PM ET

[img=719x0]https://img.thedailybeast.com/image/upload/c_crop,d_placeholder_euli9k,h_1440,w_2560,x_0,y_0/dpr_2.0/c_limit,w_740/fl_lossy,q_auto/v1542129320/181113-moss-Antikythera-Mechanism-tease_h2l8ol[/img]

Louisa Gouliamaki/Getty

[color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]If you ask someone who invented the computer they might say Bill Gates or Steve Jobs. They would, of course, be wrong. Perhaps they might mention Alan Turing (who proposed a “Universal Computing Museum”) or the US Navy’s WWII era Torpedo Data Computer. But computers, which were initially conceived of as calculating devices, are much older than that and older than the modern world. The world’s oldest analog computer is the Antikythera mechanism, an ancient Greek device designed to calculate astronomical positions. And now media outlets are reporting that a lost piece, which somehow survived looters, has been[url=https://www.haaretz.com/archaeology/.premium.MAGAZINE-missing-piece-of-antikythera-mechanism-found-on-aegean-seabed-1.6640779] discovered on the Aegean Seabed.

[color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]The Antikythera Mechanism was lost over 2,200 years ago when the cargo ship carrying it was shipwrecked off the coast of the small Greek Island of Antikythera (which is located between Kythera and Crete). The Mechanism was initially discovered in 1901, when Greek sponge divers found an encrusted greenish lump. They brought the mechanism, which they believed to be a rock, to archaeologist Valerios Stais at the National Archaeological Museum in Athens. Over the ensuing decades the site was looted, trampled on by explorers, and, in 1976, the famous French explorer Jean-Jacques Cousteau inadvertently destroyed much of what remained of the ship’s hull.[/color]

ADVERTISEMENT

[color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]Initially no one knew want the lump was. Two millennia had eaten away at the ship and its cargo. Stais’ cousin, Spyridon Stais, a former mathematician, was the first to identify the gears in the mechanism. It was only with the development of advanced x-ray technology and the collaboration of numerous individuals (from Cousteau to modern historians of science like Alexander Jones) that the heavily corroded rock was revealed to be a technologically advanced calculator.[/color]
[color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]How advanced? The second century BCE Mechanism could do basic math, calculate the movements of the sun and moon, track the movements of the constellations and planets, and predict eclipses and equinoxes. It contains over thirty hand-worked cogs, dozens more than the average luxury Swiss watch. It may not have the faculties of an iPhone but it is more than a simple calculator.[/color]
[color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]In 2012, almost 50 years after Cousteau’s excavations, a new team of underwater archaeologists returned to re-examine the site. They discovered hundreds of previously unnoted artifacts, including bronze and marble statues, furniture, coins, and a sarcophagus lid. But last year, on the seabed, they discovered something else: an encrusted corroded disk about 8cm in diameter. X-ray analysis has revealed that the disk bears an engraving of the zodiac sign Taurus, the bull.[/color]
[color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]The discovery of a piece of the worldest oldest analog computer would be a huge and remarkable discovery on its own terms. But it has additional significance in what it can tell us about the development of the field of archaeology itself. As Sarah Bond, an associate professor of Classics at the University of Iowa, told The Daily Beast “The Antikythera Mechanism is an important object in the historical record of ancient technology, but is also a prism for tracking the development of archaeology as a professional field … It reveals the advanced astrological instruments created and used by ancient engineers, but the protracted nature of the undersea dig reveals archaeological advances in scanning, 3D modelling, and many other sophisticated approaches in reconstructing and analysing ‘the computer’.” Elsewhere Bond has written about the unseen labor of the divers who engaged in the risky work that discovered the original Mechanism.[/color]
[color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]Other scholars have exhibited concern that the discovery of the new disk is being sensationalized. On social media David Meadows and Michael Press have rightly pointed out that the year-old discovery is only making news because of the sensational claim that it belongs to the Antikythera Mechanism. It is difficult to say precisely what this new piece is; it might be part of the original Antikythera Mechanism or part of a second similar device. The presence of the bull engraving  suggests that it may have predicted the position of the constellation of Taurus but it is difficult to say.[/color]
[color=rgba(2, 20, 31, 0.85)]While scientific study continues,  the discovery has drawn attention to both the existence of this ancient ‘calculator’ and its amazing history[/color]
[/color]

https://www.thedailybeast.com/has-a-piec...been-found