The Hidden Mission Forum

Full Version: Two ends of the pole
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not that I agree with so many of the things that happened in Reagan's years in the Whitehouse, but we now know where Obama's taken us to date.
Wish he'd taken a bit of advice from Reagan on this point.

In his 1981 inaugural address, President Reagan reassured the nation:

"The economic ills we suffer ... will not go away in days, weeks, or months, but they will go away. They will go away because we, as Americans, have the capacity now, as we have had in the past, to do whatever needs to be done to preserve this last and greatest bastion of freedom. In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. ... Our government has no power except that granted it by the people. It is time to check and reverse the growth of government, which shows signs of having grown beyond the consent of the governed. It is my intention to curb the size and influence of the federal establishment and to demand recognition of the distinction between the powers granted to the federal government and those reserved to the states or to the people. All of us need to be reminded that the federal government did not create the states; the states created the federal government."
wow that's a contrast to Obama's assertion that the constitution is a 'bill of negative rights' - his way of saying it's purpose is to limit government's power.

Consider where Obama will take us, at least economically and soon we'll wish we had Jimmy Carter and the good old days of stagflation back.

Given the MASSIVE tax increases coming at the end of the year, note the timing - just after the elections, there is serious question in my mind as to how the country can possibly continue even for 6 months of 2012.

Obama will have taken me from paying, including hidden taxes, 52% of my income in taxes to 69%.

The politicians among us think we'll pay it, we might but we won't work hard or try to earn much, after all if you make less than 35k a year they mail you a check.

Why make more and pull the wagon?

can't see a reason to myself.
Wow Wook, just reading the first line of that article was enough for me.

Quote:The Early 1980s recession was a severe recession in the United States which began in July of 1981 and ended in November 1982.[1][2] It has been thought that the primary cause of the recession was a contractionary monetary policy established by the Federal Reserve System to control high inflation.[3]

There are so many problems with that sentence i couldn't stop laughing.

But then i'm an ignorant peon who doesn't understand how inflation, as long as it isn't too much, is good.

It is worth noting that every time a bank either gains or loses powers to act as all the things they do which are not in the strictest sense "banking" we go through a massive correction.