Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Learned a lesson
Some months ago I was contacted by a fellow from the FBI. He had read on a hunting forum I post at that I would be interested in hosting Wounded Warriors/New to area FBI employees on duck hunting trips in the local area and would provide everything. The local Elks Lodge also volunteered to provide funding for hunting licenses as well. Last weekend, a couple of these fellows (Including their FBI boss) came down for the local dove hunt, all went well.
We then finalized plans we'd talked about for several weeks to have a get acquainted BBQ for his people wanting to hunt. Said I'd get a group of the best equipped and knowledgeable hunters on this side of state (I know and regularly hunt with many) and they'd help these new employees out this coming season.
After purchasing two large Briskets, 12 racks of Baby Back ribs and a box of fried chicken, ($200 worth) renting large tables and loading the patio with several Traeger pellet stoves and Weber BBQs, as well as all the ladies making pot luck dishes and desserts.....None of the FBI people showed up!
The only Wounded Warrior who came is a friend of mine I've hunted with before on several occasions.
No phone call...nothing, just blew us off!
Leaves a sour taste. Pennywise
Those friends that came were anesthetized with several Duck Farts, and so the day was saved, but I'm still dealing with a slow 'BURN'. Won't be no FBI guys in any of our blinds this year!
Think I'll have a Duck Fart!

OH! BTW: It turns out, most of them were new from California.
So, the words Autumn and Fall are not to be capitalized?
They are in my world!

What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done; and there is nothing new under the sun.
Is there a thing of which it is said, "See, this is new?"It has been already, in the ages before us. Ecc 1: 9-10

Messages In This Thread
Learned a lesson - by Fsbirdhouse - 09-10-2018, 02:29 PM
RE: Learned a lesson - by rhw007 - 09-14-2018, 01:09 AM
RE: Learned a lesson - by Kalter Rauch - 09-14-2018, 07:20 PM
RE: Learned a lesson - by Kalter Rauch - 09-16-2018, 03:27 PM
RE: Learned a lesson - by EA - 09-19-2018, 08:54 PM
RE: Learned a lesson - by Kalter Rauch - 09-21-2018, 10:52 PM
RE: Learned a lesson - by Kalter Rauch - 09-22-2018, 03:39 PM