Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
D&M
The newest and longest overdue pages on my site are now live.

http://thehiddenmission.com/D&M/D&M.htm
On a satellite I ride. Nothing down below can hide.
Awesome. Nice work Keith.
Seek and ye shall find. JESUS
------------------------------------------
I am a recovering vegetarian   Hi
Thanks.

It'll take a little while for everyone to look through all that, it's a BIG area.

The click map on the main page will guide you to page after page of extreme closeups and other details,
and at the page bottom is a link to a collection of smaller detailed images of specific oddities
"Will we one day dig into the D&M to find it is not only the largest known pyramid in the solar system, but the largest mass tomb as well?"

Yes. Quite the most marvelous mausoleum. The last refuge of an unimaginably terrified populace. But just whom do we expect to find there?
The Masters, or the servants?
So, the words Autumn and Fall are not to be capitalized?
They are in my world!

What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done; and there is nothing new under the sun.
Is there a thing of which it is said, "See, this is new?"It has been already, in the ages before us. Ecc 1: 9-10
I new you'd get it perfectly FS...

:)
Thank You Sir Worship Worship Worship

Nobody can turn NASA/JPL JP2's raw data into the finest images for ground truth than the Satellite Rider Spacecraft

Bob... Ninja Alien2
"The Light" - Jefferson Starship-Windows of Heaven Album
I'm an Earthling with a Martian Soul wanting to go Home.   
You have to turn your own lightbulb on. ©stevo25 & rhw007
"On a satellite I ride, nothing down below can hide"

Cheers

Will be on OSOM tonight talking about this
I'm picturing an ancient Mars containing a myriad of seas, perhaps even a huge ocean being struck by numerous chunks of a disintegrated planetary body.
Many of these pieces being large enough to send those seas and oceans sweeping across the surface of Mars.
http://thule.org/mars/index.html

III. The Distribution of the Craters on Mars

"On the heavily cratered planet Mercury the craters are somewhat equally distributed in both hemispheres, which is also true for the Moon. interestingly, the craters on Mars are not widely or evenly distributed in both hemispheres. Figure 6 illustrates the fact that 93 percent of all the craters 20 miles in diameter or larger are in one hemisphere. The "Hemisphere of Craters" is centered at Latitude 45 degrees South and at Longitude 319 degrees West. This hemisphere is termed "The Hemisphere of Craters" and its opposite hemisphere is called "The Opposite Hemisphere."

A count has been made of the craters 20 miles and larger in diameter on Mars. Table III collects these data.

The following conclusions can be made:

I . Mars received about 86 percent of its craters in one catastrophic day.

2. Mars received the other 14 percent of its craters during all other time.

3. The 14 percent in all other time impacted Mars equally in both hemispheres.

4. Approximately 2831 of the 3068 craters in the Hemisphere of Craters impacted Mars during one single day, and, for that matter, during one single 60-minute spasm of tidal upheaval and crater formation.

5. Apart from this catastrophic day, Mars has had an astronomical history far more serene, for whatever reason, than either Mercury or the Moon.

6, As expected, the highest crater count is in the 270 to 360 degree region.

7. The Hemisphere ot Craters is centered on the aforementioned subpoint of 45 degrees South Latitude and 319 degrees West Longitude.

8 The subpoint is just east of the massive Hellas Crater, which is logical if Hellas was the core of the fragmenting Astra.

It is to be noted that all 15 of the largest craters of Mars are in the Hemisphere of Craters. It is also noteworthy that the massive lava outflows of Argyre, Hellas, and Isidis undoubtedly have spread and occluded a certain significant number of craters Thus our figure of 3068 craters 20 miles and larger in diameter has been masked by these lava outflows; the original figure was even larger before lava flow and before larger craters occluded some smaller ones."
(All the above was posted long ago at THMF, but has been included here again for obvious reasons)

The impact of such debris being sufficient to weaken any artificial construct nearly to the point of collapse, and at any point across the surface of the planet. The constant vibrations of those tremors and jolts over an extended period of time of even one hour, perhaps being enough to threaten the very foundation of Mars itself.
The tremendous scouring of the Tsunamis following hard on the heels of the initial event would have flooded every chamber, void, and crevice on the planet, and choking every ground level passageway with flotsam.
Certainly one might imagine the very atmosphere of Mars being blown away in the first few moments, and a dense cloud of dust taking weeks, months, if not years to settle on a snap frozen planet forever locked in the condition of that moment.
No treasure tomb ever discovered on earth will match the wonders that greet the eye of those who first penetrate the Monuments of Mars.
They are in my world!

What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done; and there is nothing new under the sun.
Is there a thing of which it is said, "See, this is new?"It has been already, in the ages before us. Ecc 1: 9-10
thanks for the great work and excellent efforts!
I will peruse in depth when I have more time to be scrutinous.
Fs, that day must have been truly cataclysmic, and I often wonder just how long ago it was, as I do not buy into the idea that Mars has been geologically dead for millions of years. Perhaps those Gods who came to Earth were in fact survivors of whatever befell Mars.
Although I consider the best evidence and imagery of the D&M pyramid, the FOM, and the Candor Tetrahedron to be mutually supportive, my eye is continually drawn back to both the Candor Tetrahedron, and FOM as artificial constructs, and of those two, perhaps the least damaged faces of the Candor Tetrahedron make it absolutely, unequivocally compelling.
Letosvet having boxed the thing in as he did, really brought home the perfection of the thing for us slow of wit types.
I sometimes need a good, sound slap in the face to clear things up, and he went a long way towards providing it when he outlined it that way!
I'm afraid I simply must number it in the 'Best of the Best' thread.
Kudos to you all for continuing to expand on all of these things for the rest of us, and of course, none more than Keith!
They are in my world!

[Image: westernwall-th.jpg]

bigger version here
http://thehiddenmission.com/D&M/westernwall.jpg
Photo 
A great view of the Rabbit geoglyph is also revealed in the new HiRISE image of the D&M (boxed).

[Image: RabbitCircleDK.jpg]
MRO HiRISE ESP_042595_2210 (2015)

LilD

Zip Monster
D&M, not rabbit. you have a thread here for that already, this one's mine. thank you.

Geez man, I show you up close images of the largest pyramid in the fuckin solar system and you shit a rabbit turd on it.
I like this last view of the D&M. Best one any of us have seen so far.
If one were to try to calculate the number of workers consigned to the three main structures I mentioned earlier, namely the D&M pyramid, the FOM, and the Candor Tetrahedron, how could we begin to do so? What were the technologies used in their construction, and over what period of time were they at the task? Five hundred years? A thousand years?
Does the genius exist in modern times, even collectively, to begin to comprehend how they did what they did?
Can we even begin to imagine the ego that brought them into being?

Wow.
They are in my world!

Did anybody hear a caller by the name of "Patrick" call into OSOM yesterday morning? He brought up the "Reliquary" area in his call. He had a paradigm shift the night before the call after seeing the "Reliquary" stuff. This latest image tipped him over the edge. Many more should also see this.

Its time...

FROM THE NIGHT LAND PUBLISHED IN 1912:

"How shall you ever know, as I know in verity, of the greatness and reality and terror of the thing that I would tell plain to all; for we, with our puny span of recorded life must have great histories to tell, but the few bare details we know concerning years that are but a few thousands in all; and I must set out to you in the short pages of this my life there, a sufficiency of the life that had been, and the life that was, both within and without that mighty Pyramid, to make clear to those who may read, the truth of that which I would tell; and the histories of that great Redoubt dealt not with odd thousands of years; but with very millions; aye, away back into what they of that Age conceived to be the early days of the earth, when the sun, maybe, still gloomed dully in the night sky of the world. But of all that went before, nothing, save as myths, and matters to be taken most cautiously, and believed not by men of sanity and proved wisdom."

"..., as I stood there in the vast embrasure, I had also a knowledge, or memory, of this present life of ours, deep down within me; but touched with a halo of dreams..."

"And so full am I of the knowledge of that Place, that scarce can I believe that none here know; and because I have such difficulty, it may be that I speak over familiarly of those things of which I know; and heed not to explain much that it is needful that I should explain to those who must read here, in this our present day..."
"The stones were still in their native quarries had it been left to us to seek them; we are like the conies in the ruins... the inheritors of what other hands have done..."
yeah, it's always good to hear that moment..
:)

I just hope he knows it lets him in on a maddening secret that many just won't 'get'
[Image: easternwall-th.jpg]
I used google mars and used the "Add Image Layer" to add the nasa map projected jpg.

[Image: 22445325289_978c53faa3_o.jpg]
ESP_042318_2210_RED.abrowse

I wish the members to take note:

The multiple feautures of the D&M and itz surroundings make it easy as hell LilD  to register it with google mars.

Obversely the FACE is much harder to line up because  of less reference points.

This is a screen captured static image of the result:

[Image: 22445325519_c49804fc7e_o.jpg]

The image is almost an order of magnitude better than esa and I am extremely pleased with the results.

I hope Keith can drape his enhancement over the Google/Mola dtm and make it crystal clearer!

Itz a SNAP to register images to the Google model!!!

Easy as bamf pi! (Bamf works for google  LilD )

Fantastic perspective showing the east gate and west gate level to a nice crisp base on this DTM.
That BASE  truly demonstrates itz Cardinal rule in stone. 

That means it is ALIGNED to the red world as far as the equator is concerned and that is axially actually.
Along the vines of the Vineyard.
With a forked tongue the snake singsss...
Edit:

I forgot to mention that when you add an image layer,   there is a "Toggle Switch" between opacity levels so you can lighten or darken the levels between the base map ESA/DLR image draped over the model and replace it with Keith's finess.

Also since I'm on the subject... I slapped this infographic together to bring across a point we can use between the East/West gates.

You may note when you use either Vianova's or Carlotto's models ...orienting the image in an image editor so that the Base between the "GATES" is squared to a frame of reference and simply dividing the endpoints lengths in the middle give you a good idea at how "Off-Nadir" images are because of the immensity / immense city  size of the landmark.

As far as the groundtruth is concerned the center between the gates points rite thru that square slab of real estate and may indicate due north?  Arrow

Top Image: In Vianova's model I demontrate the Offset Angles from perfect nadir above the D&M in orange to show the difference of staring straight down to the planet core.

Lower Image: In Carlotto's model below Vic's I square a yellow triangle to the base center from the visual apex.
If an image is directly overhead like a God's eye view there would be ~ zero offset.
[Image: 22446875339_66a198a896_o.jpg]
Yes, the damn thing's very tall! i estimated it to be about 1.25 km tall, but i may be under considerably
you  can also tell by the stereo pair of HiRise images
ESP_042595 is taken from 31 deg. left of center, that's what made that west wall image above so cool.
The anaglyph of the two is pretty stunning, long as you've got red/blue glasses.
http://hirise-pds.lpl.arizona.edu/PDS/EX...browse.png

Vic's D&M geometry...
Worship
I did the D&M pages sort of like i did "A Light Through the Darkness"
There's a big image map on the main D&M page with number links that lead to the detail pages for each sector.

There are 7 pages in all, I'll list them here

http://thehiddenmission.com/D&M/thesouthgate.html

http://thehiddenmission.com/D&M/thewestgate.html

http://thehiddenmission.com/D&M/northwestcorner.html

http://thehiddenmission.com/D&M/theeasternwastes.html

http://thehiddenmission.com/D&M/thesliddencenter.html

http://thehiddenmission.com/D&M/thereliquary.html
Well Mr. Andrew Currie was coached pretty good about the D&M catastrophe.
Seems to have caught the moment pretty good in his illustration.
Even the overhead explosion of the planetary body as in 'The Scars of Mars' narrative.
They are in my world!

(11-07-2015, 04:44 AM)Keith Wrote: Yes, the damn thing's very tall! i estimated it to be about 1.25 km tall, but i may be under considerably
you  can also tell by the stereo pair of HiRise images
ESP_042595 is taken from 31 deg. left of center, that's what made that west wall image above so cool.
The anaglyph of the two is pretty stunning, long as you've got red/blue glasses.
http://hirise-pds.lpl.arizona.edu/PDS/EX...browse.png

Vic's D&M geometry...
Worship

As a simple test, your estimation intrigued me so I went and tried it out...

Jeeze!!!
I just went on a full spectrum tangent once I began to measure the treasure with google earth.

I think I have uncovered the "Platform" it is built on is actually quite level!!!

And I Also may have uncovered some Malin/Msss/Mola hijinx!!!

I will start the preliminary findings with the "Gold Standard" of Keith's imagery to set the scene:

Quote:D&M
The South Gate
This is the southernmost tip of the D&M, I call it the South Gate for obvious reasons. I'm using ESP-042318
From left to right this image covers an area of about 1200 meters, and is displayed at 1/3 full resolution.

Click image for an inset view of this area in full 30cm res.

[Image: southgate-35.jpg]

That very  southern "tip" where the two avenues lead out like a precessional causeway with monumental boulevards is our startpoint so I went to google mars and activated the HiRise CONTEXT layer and put a 'push-pin exactly where the roads enter the gate at ground level.

[Image: 22672831630_0d8aba72f3_o.jpg]
Basepoint: Southgate to "Apex"( Carlotto /Showell both)

I get -4075 meters as base level of southgate.
I get -3333 meters as apex of overhead geometric groundplan model.

4075 - 3333 gives you the value ~742 meters high.

[Image: 22239658353_5d64c70353_o.jpg]

This is preliminary but the bases not facing the "ocean" are pretty much bang on the level like a seawalled encampment all around it as I will demonstrate in later posts.

[Image: ctbuh-tallest-buildings.jpg]
~742 meters versus worldly structures.

Quote:The 20 tallest megatall buildings, nicely lined up in the CTBUH's infographic below, are:
1. Kingdom Tower, Jeddah: 1,000+ meters (3,280+ feet) not completed
2. Burj Khalifa, Dubai: 828 meters (2,717 feet)
D&M PENTAPYRAMID, Cydonia(Mars): ~742 meters (2434.38 feet)
3. Ping An Finance Center, Shenzen: 660 meters (2,165 feet)
4. Seoul Light DMC Tower: 640 meters (2,101 feet)
5. Signature Tower, Jakarta: 638 meters (2,093 feet)
6. Shanghai Tower, Shanghai: 632 meters (2,073 feet)
7. Wuhan Greenland Center, Wuhan: 606 meters (1,988 feet)
8. Makkah Royal Clock Tower Hotel, Makkah: 601 meters (1,972 feet)
9. Goldin Finance 117, Tian Jin: 597 meters (1,957 feet)
10. Lotte World Tower, Seoul: 555 meters (1,819 feet)
11. Doha Convention Center and Tower, Doha: 551 meters (1,808 feet)
12. One World Trade Center, New York City: 541 meters (1,776 feet)
13. Chow Tai Fook Guangzhou, Guangzhou: 530 meters (1,739 feet)
14. Tianjin Chow Tai Fook Binhai Center, Tian Jin: 530 meters (1,739 feet)
15. Dalian Greenland Center, Dalian: 518 meters (1,699 feet)
16. Pentominium, Dubai: 516 meters (1,693 feet)
17. Busan Lotte Town Tower, Busan: 510 meters (1,674 feet)
18. Taipei 101, Taipei: 508 meters (1,667 feet)
19. Kaisa Feng Long Centre, Kaisa: 500 meters (1,640 feet)
20. Shanghai WFC, Shanghai: 492 meters (1,614 feet)
i actually think it's a bit taller than even that EA. you can see as much slant on it as that on the western wall view of it at page top, and it was only taken at 31 degrees from nadir.
(btw, i do not trust Google Earth's measurement function, it is verified to be off badly.)
These images have re-sparked my drive to explore Cydonia.
and since we have some 15 HiRise images within the general area of Cydonia proper (including the 2 new D&M images) that's a start!
It's taken me all weekend to simply unpack and reformat these HiRise raw images.
(some of them exceed 2 gb) and it's now time to dig into them and look.
So far there has not been a single image without something on it that just floors me, and some of them multiply.
Finally had some time to spend here and view your work which is a stunning display.
If you remember way back when 5 or so years ago,
I was quite skeptical of the DM but that has changed now with better imaging so handy and dandy.
Yes, looking through the rest of Cydonia scrutinously is a good idea,
and I was intrigued by the close set  of land forms up above just to the northeast {I assume directionally}.
This image shows some thin vertical linear features compacted together in the exclusively whiter area.
http://thehiddenmission.com/D&M/c4.jpg
I assume that those are image artifacts, or is that what is actually there?
Those linear features are also in this image cut that I selected in the whiter area,
in which regardless of the vertical linear features,
this catches the eye immediately as quiet dramatic in clean artificial possibility on the small scale.
[Image: IiHixCf.jpg]
oh yes V, those sort of things are ALL OVER the D&M images.
that's what makes these so special, no more problems with non resolvability
Damn thing's 25 cm res
Keith:
Quote:i actually think it's a bit taller than even that EA. you can see as much slant on it as that on the western wall view of it at page top, and it was only taken at 31 degrees from nadir.

(btw, i do not trust Google Earth's measurement function, it is verified to be off badly.)
No Troubles.

Keith.
There may be ways to mitigate the Effects of Google Mars/Mola using HiRISE

We all can figure it out eventually,we learn fast and this is a smart forum.

About Digital Terrain Models (DTMs)

Quote:HiRISE DTMs are made from two images of the same area on the ground, taken from different look angles. All the stereo pairs acquired so far are available here. Not all of these have been made into DTMs due to the time-intensive process. Creating a DTM is complicated and involves sophisticated software and a lot of time, both computing time and human operator time.  The great advantage of a HiRISE DTM is the high resolution of the source images. As a general guide, terrain can be derived at a post spacing about 4 time the pixel scale of the input images. HiRISE images are usually 0.25 - 0.5 m/pixel, so the post spacing is 1-2 m with vertical precision in the tens of centimeters. 

http://www.uahirise.org/dtm/about.php

I am all about that BASE.
I just found myself reading through these D&M webpages again, and
damn.... even still it wows me, and I'm the writer/imager

go through it, read the texts, click the images, see the full res... the views within have been awaited for 39 years.
updated the shit out of my D&M Pyramid page

added gigapans links to the HiRise images and some shapefile renderings of the pyramid done with them

this is one bad ass pyramid.

[Image: D&M-perspective4.jpg]
[Image: westside.jpg]
Amazing and impressive display of images!
There is nothing like these out there available.
I liked the way your numbered image sent the viewer to that location,
and the gigapans are spectacular.

I went scraping the barrel along the perimeter areas of the D&M
and noticed these two very small features sticking out,
and played with them in a variety of magnifications and alterations.
In these images selected,
I doubled high magnification, but refrained from sharpening the image,
and offered no alterations other than the magnification,
and the bottom image was brightened a tad.
All to let it just be viewed on a computer by percentage magnification here.
These are both along the outside of the long debris arm below number 4 in your numbered images.
Good to view at about 300%

[Image: 9y2aeYX.jpg]

Thanks for the good work on these amazing images!

PS

are the vertically aligned linear features in the white area of the upper image -- artifacts?

Upper image 90 degree angle structure and shadow combined with the vertical striations are indicative of an artificial construction, IMO.  Although there may be some hypothetical combinations of geophysical events that could result in this particular configuration, they are less likely than deliberate aforethought.  Hmm2

Great job V, thank you.