Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
My gigapan portfolio
Well, looks like I finally sold out... i mean decided to use gigapn to host some of my huge images and other collections.

I think they're pretty awesome, but you can be the judge of that.

http://www.gigapan.com/profiles/KeithLaney
On a satellite I ride. Nothing down below can hide.
hmmm. 
these ain't my vacation slides y'know...

Stunning imagery released to the thunderous sounds of ...
crickets

Horsepoop
The one that brought me to this site and still fascinates me most,South Massif and Nansen.I sure would like to see the pictures they suppressed.
I'll be adding more of them as it goes... the one displayed now is awesome, but there are several others as well and some great LROCs I'm trying to figure out how to work in..
I just had my first chance to view one of them at the new link,
and I chose the Ceres gigapans.
That is just spectacular and stunning!
It's outrageous, holy smokes.

Amazing work Keith.
That Occator Dome should be a prime human tourist site some day in the future.
Probably has been for a long time for ... passerby's.
It still is just a complete heartbreak that the Ceres team would not descend below LAMO,
for much closer in imaging.
There is a gangsterism of conformist stupidity at NASA when decisions like LAMO are made.
Half wits and idiots with no vision for true discovery reign there in that regard.
It makes one wonder what NDA's otherwise honest and honorable people have had to sign.

Are the best and the brightest in NASA always co-opted?   Hmm2
If you look at my curiosity pans you might think some of them are straight violating theirs.
I am going through the Curiousity gigapans now,
and there is a lot to look at ... one can spend a lot of time on intricate detail interpretations.
In the mix of the sceneries are highly anomalous features witnessed, especially on the close up,
that certainly cause for a long pause to consider the implications or possibilities all under high scrutiny,
and then also some clearly evidenced geologic counterparts to be considered,
when viewing overall from the distant viewpoints or close up. 
Some of the image quality is just amazing and incredible.
The scenery is stunning and impressive from whatever perspective you want to interpret the landscapes to be.
It's actually overall overwhelming to encompass it all.
One has to review these images many times, and they have somewhat of a subtle but deep impact on the viewer.
It's just fantastic and highly convenient to view the gigapan imaging display.
Thanks!
"A subtle but deep impact on the viewer"

man, you got that one dead right.

I've described looking at them as one giant psycho head-fuck.

keep looking, the more you acclimate your mind to a scene the more details you can pick out.
You being a dealer in statues and fine art and anomalyphile I figured it'd impact you.

The whole internet's got its woo in high gear over this place... with good reason-
many see it,
and it's traumatic.

I can't look away..
once you see it all, it's just not possible

and yeah, there's some downright cataclysmic geology on top. Weird stuff...
Curiosity gigapans are spectacular.So much to look at that is kind of overwhelming.
When I first went through these gigadelic scenes
I came across a Hadley image but now I didn't see it.
A Curiosity image was interesting to also see the overhead shot of the local area.
Hadley image is still there, it's in my moon gallery
I've been busy as hell uploading and compiling images .

Here's my newest Curiosity pan... it's just awesome!

http://www.gigapan.com/gigapans/191115
That is f-ing spectacular and holy   Holycowsmile   Atombomb  smokes!

That entire vertical rise up to the top,
as you go upwards along the far right side of the highest area seen in the gigapan,
 is just awesome in excellence. It is outrageous.

No question that as you pan about you stumble into numerous anomalous objects 
that make you  Jawdrop  in repeated observation Lol

[Image: DDmG_f-maxage-0.gif]

Aside from the scattered corroded and mangled remnant metallic looking construct items, 
the occasional encounter with rocks that almost look like machinery is seen as well.
There are also several inconsistencies seen between the artificial looking material and the tangential geology.
Then there is anomalous shit that just happens out there in the sand that drops your sunglasses off.
It's very highly stimulating and exciting topography to view,
in all those aforementioned regards.

Spectacular Mars indeed.
isn't it?

it's hard to get through compiling these into pans for looking at all the stuff on the individual images.

then once they're together and we see the contexted scene... oh my!

These are guaranteed psychoheadfuck images that will challenge and change what anyone thinks they know or don't about Mars.
Split_spawn

If you think that one was something (and it IS)

take a stroll around this one.

but I'm warning ya..
put a pillow under your face, you might bruise your chin

http://www.gigapan.com/gigapans/191131
Jeez, those are terrific!
What the hell happened on Mars....leaving a debris-strewn wasteland peppered with nuggets of artificiality.

It's gonna take DAYS to trawl through that lot.
Any comments from NASA yet re the terrain?
Nowhere Now Here Hmm2 
Imagine a gigantic flood, almost unimaginable- where an ocean that filled the whole top of the planet left its shores after an almost planetary sized chunk hit Hellas and raised the Tharsis antipode right in it's midst.. it all came from the NE,
the SW sides of most everything are in better shape, that is a fact borne out by countless evidences

i think they are hazing the REALLY obvious stuff out a bit but letting us see the rest because there is no hiding it without not taking any pictures.

They don't have to say anything, for me it's enough they are showing us atm. I fail to see the need for them to say anything at all.
We see it. You can bet yer ass they do.

where Curiosity's going is even wilder than this!
Holy Angkor Thom, check this new one out.

http://www.gigapan.com/gigapans/191159
(09-10-2016, 02:51 AM)Keith Wrote: Holy Angkor Thom, check this new one out.

http://www.gigapan.com/gigapans/191159

This seems like they rounded the "Entrance" when they shut it down for a week or so and THEN looked backwards, like the cowards they are.

There are many many great finds in this pan though.

AWESOME than thanks for getting an account and uploading large images like these. Worship Smilies-21813

Bob... Ninja Alien2
"The Morning Light, No sensation to compare to this, suspended animation, state of bliss, I keep my eyes on the circling sky, tongue tied and twisted just and Earth Bound Martian I" Learning to Fly Pink Floyd [Video: https://vimeo.com/144891474]
These look spectacular, Keith ! The images and data here at Gale Crater with it's gigantic ruined hexagon and also elsewhere in our solar system, showing overwhelming evidence/wreckage of a previous intelligent civilization should convince any reasonable person as to what we are actually looking at.  

But Brookings had it sadly correct : "They" (aka NASA/JPL/etc) are likely to deny and hide it and it will be the scientists and overly doctrinaire religious types who will have the hardest time facing (no pun intended !) all this.

Speaking of some of the Curiosity/Aeolis Mons images : some of the "sheets" and extensive layered features almost give one the impression of huge 3D printed structural elements or floors fashioned to rapidly create major parts of a massive hexagonal arcology.  I can imagine giant intersecting lasers working to raise a stupendous habitat ....... and then thousands or millions of years later, much of this "city" being shattered and partially buried by a massive exploding planet nearby and perhaps additional devastation from continuing conflict.

In any event, with all these ruins across the planets, moons, asteroids and comets, there is important information to be learned from the fate of the Krell/Martians/aliens/Annunaki/humans.

Mike
interesting observation..

we're seeing all this layered stuff, but in some places its broken away, and what's under it is nothing like the surface, leading me to suspect it's layers are flood silt and fallen debris. This layering has been blown off for the most part over the ages revealing what we see now.
We'll be having an imaging show tonight on TOSOM.

Join us!
(09-14-2016, 11:37 AM)Keith Wrote: We'll be having an imaging show tonight on TOSOM.

Join us!
Thanks for the work on these images Keith. I especially like the Apollo pan camera stuff. I've waited decades for these kinds of image scans. I have begun to explore some of the lroc material on this as well, but downloading those images and working with them with what I have here at home is making it difficult.

In any event, the more detailed examination of these images we can get, the better!
"The stones were still in their native quarries had it been left to us to seek them; we are like the conies in the ruins... the inheritors of what other hands have done..."
I've added a BUNCH of imagery to my gigapan site this week
I have 4 galleries.
You ain't seen nothing yet...

PLUTO, CERES, 67P AND OTHER BODIES
http://www.gigapan.com/galleries/13464

CURIOSITY; A TOUR THROUGH THE MOUNDS
http://www.gigapan.com/galleries/13463

MARS- ORBITALS
http://www.gigapan.com/galleries/13462

MOON
http://www.gigapan.com/galleries/13461
In the link to the Moon, there is a huge monolith inside a crater casting a big shadow, hey maybe someone can see it.
Seek and ye shall find. JESUS
------------------------------------------
I am a recovering vegetarian   Hi
Just got back from a two hour trip to the dome on 67P.  An entire complex . . . Wow!  Well worth a close look.   Hi
(09-18-2016, 07:40 PM)deo Wrote: Just got back from a two hour trip to the dome on 67P.  An entire complex . . . Wow!  Well worth a close look.   Hi

isn't it?

is it any wonder this 'comet' smells like a trash heap?

and yes Mayito, there's all kinds of stuff in my moon galllery.
Those images have waited to be displayed full size for over 50 years
Mayito,
Which image, and where in the image do you see it?
So, the words Autumn and Fall are not to be capitalized?
They are in my world!

What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done; and there is nothing new under the sun.
Is there a thing of which it is said, "See, this is new?"It has been already, in the ages before us. Ecc 1: 9-10
Can these stitched images be linked together
into some kind of "drone mode" closeup flyover movie?
no. not without synthesizing the areas not covered. would be nice though.

I'm in the process of redoing all the earlier Curiosity mound pans with more accurate and clear larger versions so that they are as good as the later mound pans I've been doing
I rounded a sharp learning curve about halfway through doing them and the later pans came out MUCH better. Figured the earlier ones needed some special lovin too..
I'm thinking about doing stock color and white balanced versions also. I've been white-balancing them all so everything's not so pukie-scotch yellow color, but for purism's sake they probably need to be displayed as the rover sees them as well
[Image: KL-TriangleFrieze-3.jpg]
What Would be the angles of the triangle ?
What would be the Original Shape of Triangle ?
Never invite a Yoda to a frog leg dinner.
Go ahead invite Yoda to a Frog leg dinner
top angle is 72
both bottoms are 54,
what can be made out of them that is
as well the item is at a slight angle with the right side being a little further away.
what strikes me most is the scene within. It's telling us a story, one obviously told here in prehistory