Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
My gigapan portfolio
lossless data for the buttes is in.
:)

time to do some pictures...
On a satellite I ride. Nothing down below can hide.
I've added a shitload of new lossless data pds pans, too many to list individually.
The lossless images are the last to be released, and are by far the clearest, most detailed and accurate color-wise of the lot

you can always go to my profile page and see the latest

http://www.gigapan.com/profiles/KeithLaney

http://www.gigapan.com/profiles/KeithLaney/gigapans
resetting password ... unfortunately they don't save passwords at gigapan...
look again later and leave a snapshot
I chose one of your snapshots Keith,
and tried to work it a bit ...
Tried to slightly fix the splicing line that went through it horizontally,
and probably should not have tried that.
This below pointed formation laying on it's side is an excellent choice to linger at.
Reverse color on the right,
and the mirror imaging below makes the formation look like ...
a 1930's German or Austrian art deco space installation on Mars.

[Image: uvbtJ1c.jpg]
(09-09-2017, 10:42 AM)Keith Wrote: I've added a shitload of new lossless data pds pans, too many to list individually.
The lossless images are the last to be released, and are by far the clearest, most detailed and accurate color-wise of the lot

you can always go to my profile page and see the latest

http://www.gigapan.com/profiles/KeithLaney

http://www.gigapan.com/profiles/KeithLaney/gigapans

Did you get ANYWHERE near SOL 1669 from the loss-less PDS set?  Since the HiRise images are in "statsis" release until December?

Thank for the work on putting gigapans together, along with TodA.  Worship

Now that I have a COMODO FULL control over ANY and ALL internet actions, I could run ANY software and bar it from accessing the web for serial # verification.

Would appreciate any software help to tie together various stitches.

Bob... Ninja Alien2
"The Light" - Jefferson Starship-Windows of Heaven Album
I'm an Earthling with a Martian Soul wanting to go Home.   
You have to turn your own lightbulb on. ©stevo25 & rhw007
no, the lossless data for that are not released yet and will probably not be for a couple releases from now. The lossless is usually completed and released two releases after the regular raw data. I'm just now getting lossless images for the Murray area. and that's from the low to mid 1400's

ahem... do you use Photoshop CC?
it has photomerge, and it's the best panoramic compiler I know of

It may come off as arrogant, at this point I could care less... but NO ONE, NASA included and every independent trying to emulate what I'm doing can come close to matching my work;
nice attempts, and good stuff- but really... compare and see. I openly challenge anyone to do better knowing It's all for the betterment of our views.
My versions look as they do because I cut my teeth on Mars. I will one day die and take it with me

I've processed more planetary imagery than most of them all lumped together ever will and I know the nature of this data and those feeding it to us.
To match the work you need to match the dedication, experience, know-how AND have that certain touch; Few do.
No I was NOT asking to be YOU, nobody can have the experience, quality and passion for CLEANING images that you do.  That's why you can do better than Dr. Mikey can do and YOU had to clean up HIS work because it sucked so much that the NASA HiRise folks needed CLEANER and FULL CLEAR TRUE resolution for it's OWN targeted selections.

I recently bought Photoshop Elements 11 and it has an editing function.  Also since I got Comodo, I got Envi 5.1 back up and running with IDL programing.  Means I'll have to download the data for LOCAL access since I cannot allow Envi access to the internet for data sets.

I was wanting to get into the CRISM images from HiRise.  I'll have to figure out the pixel steps that have to be moved to allow for orbital movement alignment.  Just got it installed and opened a few jp2000 images --- which my Photoshop and Paintshop both do NOT open, unless you have a "special" version of Photoshop than I just bought about two weeks ago.

For JP2000 Steve turned me onto Infranview which is free and also opens the JP2000 images, as does Envi of course.

Curiosity I don't believe release their data in JP2000, tiff maybe, but both image software sets open both.

I asked again NOT to try to "beat" you at making Giga-Pans, I just don't have the time or energy to do those.  I was asking for something you may have used like the original Moc-o-Matic I sent to you that you had lost for "cleaning" an image of stripping and camera noise.

The LESS noise in a CRISM image the better.  And I don't see anyone else looking into those here.  We have TodA doing a fine job adding to the GigaPans, you don't need my amateurish and with declining health and time to do it with, I'd rather work with Mars images using something nobody here has posted anything since the early days.

Thanx for time, work  and response Worship

Bob... Ninja Alien2
Well, I been a bit of a crab-ass since my injury...
sorry Bob,

the more the merrier, but for the crism images you'll have to be the pioneer :)

Photoshop will open jp2000's with the kakadu or other free jp2000 plug-ins, pretty sure paintshop will also

not sure what some other versions of PS have, but CC has a top notch pan compiler

envi has a pretty good noise reduction function, both destripe and otherwise, though I've never tried it with crism data
I didn't know you got hurt.  Glad you're still alive and hopefully didn't "loose" any parts. 

You know I KNOW what being really hurt hurt bad feels like Yak  &   Poop  ALL at once !!!

It'll get better with rest and meds Sleepy Reefer 

I did NOT take your answer as an "attack" as I stated with you and TodA on the GigaPans, and HiRise will just NOT get MY image requests ( even the non CAAIM ones ) with Comodo I thought about looking for BAMF BLOCKINES in the CRISM data since no one else has taken a PUBLIC peek here or anywhere else, including NASA/JPL/UA

Get better SLOWLY... it is very easy to re-injure yourself...my stomach pregnant hernia is an example of doing something I was told NOT to do.

When I get something interesting I'll post and in a new thread.

Again thanx and hope you get better, I NEVER thought it was an "attack".

Bob... Ninja Alien2