Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
My gigapan portfolio
lossless data for the buttes is in.
:)

time to do some pictures...
On a satellite I ride. Nothing down below can hide.
I've added a shitload of new lossless data pds pans, too many to list individually.
The lossless images are the last to be released, and are by far the clearest, most detailed and accurate color-wise of the lot

you can always go to my profile page and see the latest

http://www.gigapan.com/profiles/KeithLaney

http://www.gigapan.com/profiles/KeithLaney/gigapans
resetting password ... unfortunately they don't save passwords at gigapan...
look again later and leave a snapshot
I chose one of your snapshots Keith,
and tried to work it a bit ...
Tried to slightly fix the splicing line that went through it horizontally,
and probably should not have tried that.
This below pointed formation laying on it's side is an excellent choice to linger at.
Reverse color on the right,
and the mirror imaging below makes the formation look like ...
a 1930's German or Austrian art deco space installation on Mars.

[Image: uvbtJ1c.jpg]
(09-09-2017, 10:42 AM)Keith Wrote: I've added a shitload of new lossless data pds pans, too many to list individually.
The lossless images are the last to be released, and are by far the clearest, most detailed and accurate color-wise of the lot

you can always go to my profile page and see the latest

http://www.gigapan.com/profiles/KeithLaney

http://www.gigapan.com/profiles/KeithLaney/gigapans

Did you get ANYWHERE near SOL 1669 from the loss-less PDS set?  Since the HiRise images are in "statsis" release until December?

Thank for the work on putting gigapans together, along with TodA.  Worship

Now that I have a COMODO FULL control over ANY and ALL internet actions, I could run ANY software and bar it from accessing the web for serial # verification.

Would appreciate any software help to tie together various stitches.

Bob... Ninja Alien2
"The Light" - Jefferson Starship-Windows of Heaven Album
I'm an Earthling with a Martian Soul wanting to go Home.   
You have to turn your own lightbulb on. ©stevo25 & rhw007
no, the lossless data for that are not released yet and will probably not be for a couple releases from now. The lossless is usually completed and released two releases after the regular raw data. I'm just now getting lossless images for the Murray area. and that's from the low to mid 1400's

ahem... do you use Photoshop CC?
it has photomerge, and it's the best panoramic compiler I know of

It may come off as arrogant, at this point I could care less... but NO ONE, NASA included and every independent trying to emulate what I'm doing can come close to matching my work;
nice attempts, and good stuff- but really... compare and see. I openly challenge anyone to do better knowing It's all for the betterment of our views.
My versions look as they do because I cut my teeth on Mars. I will one day die and take it with me

I've processed more planetary imagery than most of them all lumped together ever will and I know the nature of this data and those feeding it to us.
To match the work you need to match the dedication, experience, know-how AND have that certain touch; Few do.
No I was NOT asking to be YOU, nobody can have the experience, quality and passion for CLEANING images that you do.  That's why you can do better than Dr. Mikey can do and YOU had to clean up HIS work because it sucked so much that the NASA HiRise folks needed CLEANER and FULL CLEAR TRUE resolution for it's OWN targeted selections.

I recently bought Photoshop Elements 11 and it has an editing function.  Also since I got Comodo, I got Envi 5.1 back up and running with IDL programing.  Means I'll have to download the data for LOCAL access since I cannot allow Envi access to the internet for data sets.

I was wanting to get into the CRISM images from HiRise.  I'll have to figure out the pixel steps that have to be moved to allow for orbital movement alignment.  Just got it installed and opened a few jp2000 images --- which my Photoshop and Paintshop both do NOT open, unless you have a "special" version of Photoshop than I just bought about two weeks ago.

For JP2000 Steve turned me onto Infranview which is free and also opens the JP2000 images, as does Envi of course.

Curiosity I don't believe release their data in JP2000, tiff maybe, but both image software sets open both.

I asked again NOT to try to "beat" you at making Giga-Pans, I just don't have the time or energy to do those.  I was asking for something you may have used like the original Moc-o-Matic I sent to you that you had lost for "cleaning" an image of stripping and camera noise.

The LESS noise in a CRISM image the better.  And I don't see anyone else looking into those here.  We have TodA doing a fine job adding to the GigaPans, you don't need my amateurish and with declining health and time to do it with, I'd rather work with Mars images using something nobody here has posted anything since the early days.

Thanx for time, work  and response Worship

Bob... Ninja Alien2
Well, I been a bit of a crab-ass since my injury...
sorry Bob,

the more the merrier, but for the crism images you'll have to be the pioneer :)

Photoshop will open jp2000's with the kakadu or other free jp2000 plug-ins, pretty sure paintshop will also

not sure what some other versions of PS have, but CC has a top notch pan compiler

envi has a pretty good noise reduction function, both destripe and otherwise, though I've never tried it with crism data
I didn't know you got hurt.  Glad you're still alive and hopefully didn't "loose" any parts. 

You know I KNOW what being really hurt hurt bad feels like Yak  &   Poop  ALL at once !!!

It'll get better with rest and meds Sleepy Reefer 

I did NOT take your answer as an "attack" as I stated with you and TodA on the GigaPans, and HiRise will just NOT get MY image requests ( even the non CAAIM ones ) with Comodo I thought about looking for BAMF BLOCKINES in the CRISM data since no one else has taken a PUBLIC peek here or anywhere else, including NASA/JPL/UA

Get better SLOWLY... it is very easy to re-injure yourself...my stomach pregnant hernia is an example of doing something I was told NOT to do.

When I get something interesting I'll post and in a new thread.

Again thanx and hope you get better, I NEVER thought it was an "attack".

Bob... Ninja Alien2
mmmm.... Mt Hadley

what modern tech can do for ancient images...

[Image: 202833-506x360.jpg]

http://www.gigapan.com/gigapans/202833
Seems the left side is a bit blurrier than right side of image, maybe my eyes, but you can see lineage up and across the mountain clearly

http://www.gigapan.com/gigapans/202833/snapshots/556778

http://www.gigapan.com/gigapans/202833/snapshots/556779

http://www.gigapan.com/gigapans/202833/snapshots/556780

Thanx for the view

Bob... Ninja Alien2
yeah not all the pictures were crystal clear
seeing there were 18 individual handheld photos taken of it with no idea we'd be able to do this sort of thing in 1971 I think it came out exceptional.

look closely.  the image is predominately crystal clear and contains things that'll blow your mind
I agree that lineage up and down and also horizontal linage across the landscape shows like some structure underneath the thing in uncountable spots.

I just picked the three I saw while looking & saying what I thought I saw.

Again this is something you, and TodA can do.  I've still haven't installed the CRSIM modules needed to function into the Envi I have 5.1 it wants 5.4 I think.

CRISM files are looooong 4x4 beams of data.

As partial bi-polar I get so many projects started I keep trying to finish one off before I start another one.

Old Age, Bucket Lists, etc and lack of strength generally.  How did you hurt yourself?

I have had 4 open hearts, broken neck, legs, ankles, wrists, thumbs, ...still alive.

Anyhooo Thank again for keeping this site going. Its only place I go. Though the Black Vault for files is bi-monthly peek.

Bob... Ninja Alien2
I fell from some 24 feet off the ground after sliding about 18... hit the ground pretty hard, broke all kindsa shit. almost better now, or at least not hurting so badly
Sorry to hear that.  Voltaren gel was given to me by the Canadian Space fellow who owns the house to the East of me when I fell down the stairs for 2nd time. (Not breaking my L2-L5 neck and cutting my scalp and skull open episode)

As a sub-name on the tube is Emulgel there are many EMU gel types in the search, but NOT Voltaren made by Navartis

I tried googling it before mentioning it, but couldn't find it.  Likely it was Google Jigsaw that I couldn't find it, even on Amazon.  He bought for me from Montreal.  Works REAL good on easing the bruising purple and also helps slightly with the pain, not like REAL pain killers that are opiates related.  But it does great with healing the bruising marks.

Angel  Prayers you heal well and soon. A few Reefer Bong7bp  won't hurt you.

Bob... Ninja Alien2
Doh  OUCH!  Very sorry to hear about your fall, Keith.  For what it is worth, you have my prayers and best wishes for recovery.   Hi   Mellow
Were you on a roof?
I have heard stories of people on snow slopes ... slipping, sliding, 
and over the cliff just 20 yards below.
No return ticket.

Quote:broke all kindsa shit

Damned

Last time I slipped down a slope I nearly lost my left eye on a hard thin broken pointed branch.
I was lucky,
and it sounds like you were actually lucky that it wasn't worse as well.
yeah.. my own. Probably one of the least treacherous I've ever been on, which makes it really suck that much worse. Slid right off the metal and couldn't do shit but watch it coming and try to land in a manner that wouldn't kill me.
It happened the first weekend of August, I'm pretty well along on getting better, but won't be taking any mountain hikes until at least next summer.
my advice to everyone... don't break your heel...

Quote:my advice to everyone... don't break your heel...

Heel injuries are hell.
You get severely limited.

I jumped off a huge log on a creekside down into what I thought was soft sand once.
So I just wanted to crater like a 6th grader into the sand box.
that I did Whip
Forgetting that it was frozen sand,
I landed hard.
I only severely bruised my heel,
and that took months to heal,
and I still now have to be careful on any heel impact that may be unnecessary.

When you get older you get brittle.
snap 
crackle 
and 
plop into the grave  Cry

Lol

In my chest waders in the rocky bouldery tough territory that I jade hunt in ...,
I get a size larger wader than my foot size,
inside goes
Superfeet,
on top of that,
one pair Dr Scolls inserts,
my feet have:
wool blend socks ---> and ---> neoprene socks <---

With all that in there I get a super maxumum tight boot like fit.
with great support.

the neoprene socks help fill out the boot interior,
and that is for the cold creek waters 3/4 of the year,
especially so,
since it is a matter of time before you get tiny pinhole leaks in your waders,
and your feet eventually get wet.

Look into good Dr Scoll' inserts and / or Superfeet inserts.

Once I get back walking good again i will. For now it's an inflatable support boot and a cane

but that beats the hell out of a walker...
Angel Wishing you heal as well as I have through all the injuries I've gone through Angel 

Also ... almost ANYTHING beats staying IN a hospital where Bong7bp  or Beer Par-ty Reefer  are  Naughty

Bob... Ninja Alien2
Sorry to hear about your accident Mr.Laney and I wish you a speedy and complete recovery.
Keith's Mt. Hadley ... bump to the top of the page.

http://www.gigapan.com/gigapans/202833

that's a badass bump... :)
(11-17-2017, 11:55 PM)rhw007 Wrote: Sorry to hear that.  Voltaren gel was given to me by the Canadian Space fellow who owns the house to the East of me when I fell down the stairs for 2nd time. (Not breaking my L2-L5 neck and cutting my scalp and skull open episode)

As a sub-name on the tube is Emulgel there are many EMU gel types in the search, but NOT Voltaren made by Navartis

I tried googling it before mentioning it, but couldn't find it.  Likely it was Google Jigsaw that I couldn't find it, even on Amazon.  He bought for me from Montreal.  Works REAL good on easing the bruising purple and also helps slightly with the pain, not like REAL pain killers that are opiates related.  But it does great with healing the bruising marks.

Angel  Prayers you heal well and soon. A few Reefer Bong7bp  won't hurt you.

Bob... Ninja Alien2
Bob,
I have several tubes of Voltaren Gel stashed in strategic locations around the house, and also in my ammo bag for the hunting blind.
Takes a minute or two rubbed on joints (Mostly hands or shoulders these days) before it really kicks in, but then seems to last long enough for Tylenol to take affect 40-50 minutes later.

Sorry to tell you Keith,
But that heel could be the number one target for arthritis as you get older.

Speaking of old injuries, you cannot have sustained an injury early enough in life that you not feel it again as you age. No matter how well healed up you may think it is.
Same for scars and cuts. They will reveal themselves again as well.
So, the words Autumn and Fall are not to be capitalized?
They are in my world!

What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done; and there is nothing new under the sun.
Is there a thing of which it is said, "See, this is new?"It has been already, in the ages before us. Ecc 1: 9-10
(01-08-2018, 08:27 PM)Fsbirdhouse Wrote: Bob,
I have several tubes of Voltaren Gel stashed in strategic locations around the house, and also in my ammo bag for the hunting blind.
Takes a minute or two rubbed on joints (Mostly hands or shoulders these days) before it really kicks in, but then seems to last long enough for Tylenol to take affect 40-50 minutes later.

Sorry to tell you Keith,
But that heel could be the number one target for arthritis as you get older.

Speaking of old injuries, you cannot have sustained an injury early enough in life that you not feel it again as you age. No matter how well healed up you may think it is.
Same for scars and cuts. They will reveal themselves again as well.

Yes, I have old injuries as well that are getting worse as the years add up. Another month and a week and I'm at the DEVIL's # LilD   66

Still hope to go longer for unlucky 13 @ 67  ... from then on hopefully better sailing...but history and memory don't lie. ( at least in MY mind )

Still willing to be LAB-RAT for AI or Launch to Mars for Elon Musk though.

Bob... Ninja Assimilated
Ain't it just like old men to end up talking about their infirmities on a given thread?

Sorry!
So, the words Autumn and Fall are not to be capitalized?
They are in my world!

What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done; and there is nothing new under the sun.
Is there a thing of which it is said, "See, this is new?"It has been already, in the ages before us. Ecc 1: 9-10
yep...

been a while since I wrote that above, walking about doing pretty well now.
No cane, no boot, just my two feets

Doc says he's never seen anyone heal so quickly he'd done the same surgery on.
I tend physically to be an exception... so while Arthritis might be coming...
it better hurry up or it'll miss me entirely.
it was coming anyway... I've known for years
rode this body hard.
Good to hear Keith, my CB radio buddy cracked his heel and should have called 911 IMMEDIATELY he said on phone tonight...heading for heal surgery on Tuesday in Vermont, like me he doesn't trust Plattsburgh Hospital where so many Frackups go on...better off in Burlington Teachers Hospital.  He's going to be feeling over 10 level pain when he gets home, they're going to give meds; but likely good ones with opiod thingy, but out of construction work for 3-6 months at least.  Also has to MAIL doc RX for meds no across State lines for electronic Rx's. THAT sucks.

Well my prayers are to both of you and everyone else with twinges of pain, makes being alive noteworthy.

Bob... Ninja Nurse
you know. I was damaged pretty severely.. they had me doped up good in the hospital,
I've never hurt so badly in my life,
but to be honest they never gave me much for pain afterwards.
my first 2 weeks out of my first surgery I was given oxycodone, 5 mg every 4 hours or as needed
once I finished 2 refills of 30 of 'em they gave me hydrocodone 10 mg, every 4 hours or as needed
Even after my second surgery (which actually hurt worse than my accident) they didn't give me anything stronger,
just hydro 10's- I needed MORPHINE!
anyway-
Took those for about 2 months afterwards then decided one day to 'check the actual conditiotion of my condition" and let myself run out over a weekend.
This made me realize that i was developing a dependence on them- I felt so terrible- and weak. the pain was about the same
You can bet yer ass i was at the pharmacy Monday morning picking up a refill
This made me ashamed of myself.
So i decided fuck a buncha opiates.
and started weaning myself off of them, It took about 2 weeks of decreasing dosage
haven't taken anything since then
and to stay on topic... recent gigapan redo of one of my favorites using lossless data

http://www.gigapan.com/gigapans/205388

[Image: 205388-1079x360.jpg]