Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elon Musk: SpaceX to fly 2 paying customers to the moon next year
Lines join in faint discord and the Stormwatch brews a concert of kings as the white sea snaps at the heels of a soft prayer whispered.
Applause Applause Applause Band Dance004 Drool

Bob... Ninja Alien2
"The Morning Light, No sensation to compare to this, suspended animation, state of bliss, I keep my eyes on the circling sky, tongue tied and twisted just and Earth Bound Martian I" Learning to Fly Pink Floyd [Video: https://vimeo.com/144891474]

It might be ... 20 ... 50 million ... deposit for a seat?  more?

I heard about this earlier today.
Not for me even if I was rich.
Pioneers in space tourism are essentially guinea pigs in space science experiments.
But I am happy for SpaceX to find some rich dummy dusters to fly around the moon.
Great advertising venue.
Just don't crash land on the dark side.

When they have a private room with a double bed and a window, and a shower and toilet, 
and maid service,
maybe then,
I go.

Maid service is important. A Cannabis supply would be dandy for the trip around the dark side.

These tourists are no different than the first monkeys in space.
Happy monkeys made it home,
but they probably got dissected in a military lab.

The rich tourists can already see themselves in a newspaper front page photo,
or on CNN with Anderson Stupor and Jake Crapper,
when they make it back home safely.
(02-28-2017, 04:19 AM)Vianova Wrote: ...

It might be ... 20 ... 50 million ... deposit for a seat?  more?

I heard about this earlier today.
Not for me even if I was rich.
Pioneers in space tourism are essentially guinea pigs in space science experiments.
But I am happy for SpaceX to find some rich dummy dusters to fly around the moon.
Great advertising venue.
Just don't crash land on the dark side.

When they have a private room with a double bed and a window, and a shower and toilet, 
and maid service,
maybe then,
I go.

Maid service is important. A Cannabis supply would be dandy for the trip around the dark side.

These tourists are no different than the first monkeys in space.
Happy monkeys made it home,
but they probably got dissected in a military lab.

The rich tourists can already see themselves in a newspaper front page photo,
or on CNN with Anderson Stupor and Jake Crapper,
when they make it back home safely.
I understand. Normally I would have the same opinion. However, I am getting old and my life sucks so it might be adventurous to be one of the first tourists around the Moon. And if I crash on the Far Side then that might be a good way to go out. On the other hand, if I had enough $$$$$ to afford the trip then my life might be better.

In the meantime, here where I live now, the medical grade cannabis shake, a mixture of all the different strains, is going for $1 per gram.

PS.
In the book "Wonder of the Worlds" by Sesh Heri, Mark Twain, while on his way to Mars in Nikola Tesla's spaceship, complains of it not being "well provisioned" because there is no booze on board. (Then he lights a cheap cigar.)
Lines join in faint discord and the Stormwatch brews a concert of kings as the white sea snaps at the heels of a soft prayer whispered.
Study suggests we reclassify the moon as a planet—reopening a centuries-old debate
February 27, 2017 by Stephen Pumfrey, The Conversation

[Image: 4-studysuggest.jpg]
Will the moon move from servant to equal? Credit: Gregory H. Revera/wikipedia, CC BY-SA
Every now and then a scientific paper makes a real splash. We had one recently, to judge from recent headlines. "Moon rises to claim its place as a planet" said The Sunday Times on February 19, while the Mail Online asked "Is this lunarcy?". The articles were among many responding to the humble paper: "A Geophysical Planet Definition", which suggested that the criteria for determining what constitutes a planet need an overhaul. It argued that the moon, Pluto and several other bodies in the solar system should be upgraded to planets.

Read more at: https://phys.org/news/2017-02-reclassify-moon-planetreopening-centuries-old-debate.html#jCp
Along the vines of the Vineyard.
With a forked tongue the snake singsss...
(02-28-2017, 09:21 AM)EA Wrote: Study suggests we reclassify the moon as a planet—reopening a centuries-old debate
February 27, 2017 by Stephen Pumfrey, The Conversation

Will the moon move from servant to equal? Credit: Gregory H. Revera/wikipedia, CC BY-SA
Every now and then a scientific paper makes a real splash. We had one recently, to judge from recent headlines. "Moon rises to claim its place as a planet" said The Sunday Times on February 19, while the Mail Online asked "Is this lunarcy?". The articles were among many responding to the humble paper: "A Geophysical Planet Definition", which suggested that the criteria for determining what constitutes a planet need an overhaul. It argued that the moon, Pluto and several other bodies in the solar system should be upgraded to planets.

Read more at: https://phys.org/news/2017-02-reclassify-moon-planetreopening-centuries-old-debate.html#jCp
Some people have too much time on their hands.
Oprah and McCain should be the first 2 ones to go, just in case.... ;)
Seek and ye shall find. JESUS
------------------------------------------
I am a recovering vegetarian   Hi
The old dogma that the center of the universe is Earth
has been re purposed into a debate over planetary supremacy.
(02-28-2017, 03:19 PM)Citizen Quasar Wrote:
(02-28-2017, 09:21 AM)EA Wrote: Study suggests we reclassify the moon as a planet—reopening a centuries-old debate

$ome people have too much money in their hands.  LilD sum people = 2 non-hollywood types
(02-28-2017, 05:20 PM)Mayito7777 Wrote: Oprah and McCain should be the first 2 ones to go, just in case.... ;)
[Image: oprah-winfrey-l-michael-j.-fox-l-john-mc...39059.jpeg]
That moon is an ugly blister

That gravitates around it’s obese sister -vant

[Image: avatar_689.gif?dateline=1468598168]

"It's nobody from Hollywood." [Image: popblood.gif] [Image: beer.gif] -Elon Musk
Moon tourists risk rough ride, experts say
March 1, 2017 by Laurence Coustal, Mariëtte Le Roux

[Image: annoyanceson.jpg]
Annoyances on the journey could include unexpected claustrophobic freak-outs, and a disturbed sleep cycle which will translate into heavy jetlag back on home soil
Non-stop vomiting, Toilet 989 Yak Stars a puffy face and the constant need to pee: Volunteers for a week-long loop around the Moon may be in for a rough ride even if all goes to plan. LilD

In the week that SpaceX announced it would launch two tourists to skirt Earth's satellite in 2018, experts agreed the health effects would chiefly be minor and short-lived.
These are the stakes:
Feeling green
"Like every single astronaut who goes into space, they're going to get... very bad motion sickness," Daniel Grant of the Centre for Altitude Space and Extreme Environment Medicine in London, told AFP.
This is because the balance sensors in the inner ear which tell us which way is up and down, get all confused in zero gravity.
Some astronauts get over it within hours, while others need days—clearly a problem for a trip lasting only a week.
In bad news for selfie enthusiasts, another symptom is a puffy face (and thinner legs) as body fluids, pulled downward by gravity on Earth, spreading out and upward in the weightless environment.
This can also lead to profuse urination—tricky in an environment where everything, including liquids, float.
Bones and muscles will change too, say the experts, although a week is probably too short to cause lasting weakness.
Other annoyances on the journey could include unexpected claustrophobic freak-outs, and a disturbed sleep cycle which will translate into heavy jetlag back on home soil.
Radiation risk
A potentially graver, but less likely, peril is elevated cancer risk from exposure to radiation outside Earth's protective magnetosphere.
Spaceships have built-in protection against radiation, which is hundreds of times higher than on Earth.
Radiation doses for a short trip like this one would be low, "but that does not mean there is no risk at all," said Thomas Berger, a radiation biology expert at the German DLR space agency.
It grows with so-called solar particle events—massive ejections of protons from the Sun which can deliver highly concentrated doses of radiation.
These events, which can last two days, are unpredictable but rare.
A major eruption was registered in 1972, between two Apollo missions to the Moon. None has occurred while humans were in space.
If it does, spacecraft have "storm shelters".
But if humans were somehow to get caught in the blast, high exposure could cause radiation sickness leaving the travellers too ill to control their vessel.
In an extreme case, they could die.
Technical problem
The main danger to space tourists, observers agree, is spacecraft failure.
"In my view, the biggest risks are technical failure on blastoff, during the voyage, or on reentry into Earth's atmosphere," said Martin Giard of France's National Institute for Earth Sciences and Astronomy.
"There is an overall risk of an accident... something going wrong," added John Logdsdon, former director of the Space Policy Institute at the George Washington University.
But he stressed "the technology is even better now than 45 years ago", when we last sent humans into deep space.
Unknowns
Up to now, said Grant, only extremely healthy people, "basically perfect humans", have been sent to space after months of training and health checks.
"With space tourism, you're going to start seeing some unhealthy people getting sent into space. If they need to be on medication or they have illnesses in the background, we don't know how they react in space because we've never seen that before."
For most, the payoff far outweighs the risks.
"There are of course, a lot of risks," said Berger. It doesn't mean you have to scare people. But it is always necessary to inform everybody about possible risks, and this starts with the risk of sitting on a rocket."

Read more at: https://phys.org/news/2017-03-moon-tourists-rough-experts.html#jCp[url=https://phys.org/news/2017-03-moon-tourists-rough-experts.html#jCp][/url]
You get to puke before, during and after ... the dark side of the moon?

LOL

where does all the space craft puke go?
Puke baggies I assume.
What 
happens
if
someone
has 
to 
hurl
?

[Image: 70dccb.jpg]

http://www.forcesofgeek.com/2013/04/how-...space.html

Quote:Seeing that we are heading toward an era when regular folks will be able to travel into space soon, I think that it’s time that we start doing a little prep work to get ourselves ready.

And no, I’m not talking about getting into shape or learning about science (although, those are probably worth doing as well). I’m talking about researching what we do when various orifices begin leaking uncontrollably and there is no gravity.

While I have no problem shitting into a bag or being fit with a catheter so I can pee through a tube, I do have a bit of an issue with puking as my stomach seems to lurch for no reason (I once barfed while watching a commercial for Applebee’s fried green beans. Apparently I found it disgusting enough to warrant upchucking all over the couch).

And to be quite honest, of all the things to worry about when going up into space, how to puke in it seems to top my list.

But Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield (commander of the International Space Station) has got me covered as he takes me step-by-step through the process of space vomiting. 

Canadians…always helpful.

what a laugh  ... barf bags ... shit bags .... piss bags ... fuck muck bags ... Rofl

"Ever sneeze in one of these?"

---Buzz Aldrin, holding and displaying a clear glass bubble space helmet.
(02-28-2017, 09:30 PM)EA Wrote:
(02-28-2017, 03:19 PM)Citizen Quasar Wrote:
(02-28-2017, 09:21 AM)EA Wrote:
Study suggests we reclassify the moon as a planet—reopening a centuries-old debate

$ome people have too much money in their hands.  LilD sum people = 2 non-hollywood types
(02-28-2017, 05:20 PM)Mayito7777 Wrote:
Oprah and McCain should be the first 2 ones to go, just in case.... ;)
[Image: oprah-winfrey-l-michael-j.-fox-l-john-mc...39059.jpeg]
That moon is an ugly blister

That gravitates around it’s obese sister -vant

"It's nobody from Hollywood." [Image: popblood.gif] [Image: beer.gif] -Elon Musk

OK. So who are the two unannounced rich people who are paying SpaceX to send them to the Moon? Here are a couple of possibilities:

[Image: serveimage?url=https:%2F%2Fs-media-cache...b5e3d6512e]          [Image: serveimage?url=http:%2F%2Fsourcesofinsig...0f3d0c3fb9]

I gamble sometimes. Wanna' bet the spread?
Eye wouldn't wager... I'm more impartial to the 'Over-View Effect'  Alien2

Whomever has made this down-payment to awesomeness will Stake a Claim in History! LilD

Space Tourist Richard Garriott to SpaceX Moon Travelers: Get Ready for a 'Profoundly Life-Changing' Ride

Melissa Chan
Mar 01, 2017

[Image: richard-garriott.jpg?w=1100&quality=85]
The pair who paid SpaceX to take them on a historic trip around the moon can expect breathtaking views and a life-altering experience when they set out for space next year, according to Richard Garriott, a video game mogul and onetime space voyager.
Garriott, who ventured into space in 2008 as the world’s sixth private space traveler, heralded SpaceX’s announcement this week as a major milestone for space exploration. He said the two passengers whom SpaceX has chosen for its 2018 mission, who have not been publicly identified, can buckle up for a “pinnacle life experience.”

[size=undefined][size=undefined]SpaceX Will Take Two People On A Private Mission To The Moon
Elon Musk's SpaceX announced Monday that it will bring two individuals on a paid trip to the moon. The mission take place in the second quarter of 2018, according to the company.

[/size]
[/size]

“Seeing the Earth from space is a profoundly life-changing event,” he told TIME on Wednesday.
SpaceX on Monday said it plans to take two people, who paid a “significant deposit,” on a weeklong trip around the moon and back. It would be the first time in 45 years that humans will have returned to deep space. SpaceX said the pair will “travel faster and further into the Solar System than any before them.”
Read More: Elon Musk's Moon Mission Is Exciting, Audacious ... and Iffy
Garriott, a 55-year-old Texas computer game developer, said the feat would push human beings out of lower orbit and into new frontiers. “This proves that we are in a new golden age of space exploration,” he said. “This is a huge deal. It would be hard to overstate the importance. We’re beginning to push forward in the solar system again.”
Garriott went to the Internal Space Station in 2008 aboard Russia’s Soyuz TMA-13. The journey to the Space Station — which is about 250 miles up, about the same as the distance from New York City to Washington, D.C. — was 12 days long and cost him $30 million, he said.
“You’re traveling at 17,000 miles per hour. You go all the way around the Earth in 90 minutes. That means you see a sunrise or a sunset every 45 minutes. You cross entire continents in 15 minutes,” he said of his time in space. SpaceX's guests can expect an even more dramatic experience since they'll be flying away from Earth rather than around it.

Garriott said he experienced what astronauts have called the “overview effect,” 
Angel
a cognitive shift in awareness about the world, when he looked out of the space station's window. 

“It’s a feeling like, ‘I get it. I now understand the Earth at a much deeper level than I ever did,'” he said. “It was literally a physical moment. The hairs stand up on the back of your neck and arms.”
“It’s a pinnacle life experience,” he added. “This journey is not one to underestimate.”

Quote:http://www.thenewatlantis.com/publicatio...s-in-space

Staking Claims

Those opposed to the recognition by national governments of property rights in space generally tend to make two assumptions: first, that a national government would only recognize the claims of its own legal persons (that is, citizens of, residents of, and corporations chartered in that nation); and second, that it would defend those claims by force. The former argument has been made by, among others, space-law analyst Leslie I. Tennen, who argued in the Nebraska Law Review in 2010 that the decision by a state to recognize property claims “would constitute a de facto exclusion of other states and their nationals, and thereby constitute a form of national appropriation.” Under these assumptions, the recognition of property rights in space could lead to international conflict, which would certainly violate the spirit of the Outer Space Treaty.
But what if governments recognized the property claims of any individual or corporation which met specified conditions, regardless of citizenship or nationality? And what if governments did not promise to provide physical defense for these property claims? Under these circumstances, the argument that recognizing property rights counts as de facto national appropriation would be on much shakier legal ground. How, after all, could recognition of the property rights of the citizens or corporations of othernations count as acts of national appropriation?
The Space Settlement Institute, a New York-based advocacy group, has taken just such an approach in proposed legislation it calls the Space Settlement Prize Act, which, if passed by Congress, would require the U.S. government to recognize and legally support land ownership claims “for any private entity which has, in fact, established a permanently inhabited settlement on the Moon, Mars, or an asteroid, with regular transportation between the settlement and the Earth open to any paying passenger. The act explicitly defines a “private entity” as “a company, a consortium of companies, and/or one or more individuals that are not controlled by any sovereign state or government.”
This regime would seem to resolve the sticky issue of the Outer Space Treaty’s prohibition of “national appropriation.” For example, a corporation based in Canada could start and inhabit a settlement on the Moon without either the Canadian government or the corporation making an explicit property claim — but the U.S. government could say that it recognizes the corporation as having valid property rights in the lunar land that it settled. Under this you-scratch-my-back-and-I’ll-scratch-yours arrangement, neither the Canadian government nor the U.S. government could be said to be violating the prohibition of national appropriation.
The privately held space settlements envisioned by the proposed Space Settlement Prize Act would not be under the sovereign jurisdiction of any terrestrial nation (although the individual citizens would still be subject to the laws of their own nations). The corporations who own these settlements would be able to pass local laws, and could, in theory, apply for U.N. recognition and become an extraterrestrial nation-state capable of granting citizenship to its residents.
More importantly, this legal regime would offer needed assurance that private property rights could be secured by those who undertake the high costs of space exploration and settlement — but it would set the bar high enough to permit only serious property claims. While the proposed act, if adopted by the United States and other governments, would not permit any country to discriminate against the property claims of individuals or corporations from other countries, it also would impose certain obligations on property holders to ensure that they did not act in an “anti-competitive manner” or selectively withhold access to their property to members of any other nations.
The act as currently drafted would permit the first claim on the Moon to be no larger than 600,000 square miles — roughly 4 percent of the total lunar area, or about the area of the state of Alaska. The first claim on Mars could be up to 3.6 million square miles — roughly 6 percent of its area, or about the area of the United States. Each subsequent claim is reduced by 15 percent of the previous, and no entity is allowed multiple concurrent claims on the same body, so as to prevent monopolies. For asteroids or other bodies, claims of up to 600,000 square miles would be allowed, unless the body had total area of less than a million square miles, in which case the entire body could be claimed. Claims staked on the Moon, Mars, or asteroids would have to have a “contiguous, reasonably compact shape.”

http://www.thenewatlantis.com/publicatio...s-in-space

Moon mining company eyes Elon Musk & SpaceX as partner

[img=50x0]http://0.gravatar.com/avatar/fb99f865b1cfe28b7871a461f951075a?s=50&d=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.teslarati.com%2Fwp-content%2Fplugins%2Fwp-user-avatar%2Fimages%2Fwpua-96x96.png&r=pg[/img]
ByAstroJane[/url]
Posted on December 3, 2016

[Image: moon-express-lander-on-moon.jpg]
Moon Express, a startup company based in Cape Canaveral, has recently obtained permission from the U.S. government to travel to the moon and explore for resources, making them the first private company to do so.
Naveen Jain, founder of Moon Express, sees moon exploration as part of a larger, ten-year vision that could span anywhere from research facilities for needed Mars-bound technologies to honeymoon destinations. That, and he’s eyeing SpaceX as a natural launch partner in reaching for those goals.
In a [url=http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/01/elon-musk-mission-to-colonize-mars-partner-moon-express-naveen-jain.html]recent interview
 with CNBC, Jain expressed his reason for getting involved in private space exploration as one we are familiar hearing from Elon Musk: Multi-planetary habitation as a backup plan for the survival of the human race. With such a compatible perspective, Elon Musk and SpaceX certainly would seem to have many reasons to work with Moon Express in the future. Jain also expressed his willingness to work with Elon.
[Image: 14392779815_8e7affa343_z-300x245.jpg][img=784x0]https://d2odvx3v4cbpyu.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/14392779815_8e7affa343_z-300x245.jpg[/img]
Astronaut Scott at Moon Rover | Credit: SDASM Archives
With a launch date goal for 2017, Moon Express plans to send a rover to the moon’s surface to begin surveying its surface for the best locations for further operations to mine iron ore, water, rare Earth minerals, metals, carbon, nitrogen, hydrogen, and helium-3. Jain believes that because the challenges presented by moon exploration are similar to those presented by Mars – challenges such as high radiation and vast temperature differences – SpaceX and Moon Express have plenty of reasons to work together.
Moon Express is one of many up-and-coming examples of how Elon’s vision and hard work have inspired others to follow suit. Even the language in this excerpt from Moon Express’s press kitsounds like something you’d see on SpaceX’s website:

Quote:“For the first time in the history of space travel, a private enterprise will leave this world to explore another.” – MoonExpress.com
[size=undefined]
It’s these types of grand visions that helped Elon Musk win the vote for “most admired” tech leader in a recent poll by seed-stage venture capital firm First Round Capital. Wanting to partner with someone that inspires humanity to keep pushing its own boundaries? Yeah, Moon Express. We totally get it.
Onwards![/size]

http://www.teslarati.com/moon-mining-com...x-partner/

(03-02-2017, 10:22 AM)Citizen Quasar Wrote:
[Image: serveimage?url=https:%2F%2Fs-media-cache...b5e3d6512e]          [Image: serveimage?url=http:%2F%2Fsourcesofinsig...0f3d0c3fb9]

[Image: naveen-jain.jpg]
[Image: 579bbc66304db.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C746]
[Image: lqee7gr1jhwkigpuhdgl.png]
[Image: 151001-moonex-620x381.jpg]

[Image: 130122_moonexpress_0094.jpeg]

AUGUST 3, 2016 The U.S. Government has made a historic ruling to allow the first private enterprise, Moon Express, Inc. (MoonEx), permission to travel beyond Earth’s orbit and land on the Moon in 2017. This breakthrough U.S. policy decision provides authorization to Moon Express for a maiden flight of its robotic spacecraft onto the Moon’s surface, beginning a new era of ongoing commercial lunar exploration and discovery, unlocking the immense potential of the Moon’s valuable resources. Moon Express received the green light for pursuing its 2017 lunar mission following in depth consultations with the FAA, the White House, the State Department, NASA and other federal agencies. Up until now all commercial companies have been limited to operations in Earth’s orbit, and only governments have sent missions to other worlds. With this landmark ruling, Moon Express has become the first private company approved to literally go out of this world as a pioneer of commercial space missions beyond Earth orbit. The federal interagency approval of the Moon Express 2017 lunar mission establishes an important precedent for the private sector to engage in peaceful space exploration, bringing with it monumental implications for the advancement of technology, science, research, and development, as well as commercial ventures that expand Earth’s economic sphere.

http://www.moonexpress.com/files/moon-ex...ss-kit.pdf

Beer ...impartial overview in effect... Popblood

[Image: Trump-Hollywood.jpg]
Wanna' bet the spread?

[Image: 00Hillary.jpg]
Kelly ...Spread Sheep  Genetics... Kelly

Two Tickets to ride?

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

[Image: sn_ts_082013_hdr.jpg]

[Image: rs61352_kelly-bros.jpg?quality=85&strip=all&w=770]

[Image: scott-kelly-one-year-mission-nasa-iss-05_1.jpg]
(03-04-2017, 09:54 PM)EA Wrote: Kelly ...Spread Sheep  Genetics... Kelly

Two Tickets to ride?

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

[Image: sn_ts_082013_hdr.jpg]

[Image: rs61352_kelly-bros.jpg?quality=85&strip=all&w=770]

[Image: scott-kelly-one-year-mission-nasa-iss-05_1.jpg]

I concede defeat. I like your suggestions. 'Got any more?
Quote:I concede defeat. I like your suggestions. 'Got any more?

Yep. Two tickets to ride actually Arrow

1. Never concede defeat defined own conceit. Sheep  2. Don't gamble with improv.

They said TWO TICKETS and if you threw in DeCaprio that makes THREE.

[Image: oprah-winfrey.jpg]

Oprah=2 + DeCaprio = 1 = 3 vs. Gravity!!!  LilD "It's nobody from Hollywood."  -Elon Musk

[size=undefined]
Todd Ireland
Miscellaneous Crew | Location Management | Producer[/size]

[/url][Image: MV5BNDk0NjYxMzIzOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMTc1...16_AL_.jpg]
[url=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0290334/?ref_=nm_knf_t4]X-Men 2Location Management
(2003)
Todd Ireland

Biography

Mini Bio (1)
Todd Ireland is known for his work on Watchmen (2009), Sucker Punch (2011) andTRON: Legacy (2010).

The X-Men band together to find a mutant assassin who has made an attempt on the President's life, while the Mutant Academy is attacked by military forces.
 Patrick StewartHugh JackmanHalle Berry |See full cast & crew »

CQ
I just Spoke to my Bro the other day...
He didn't buy us any tickets from Spacex. Bricks

"It's nobody from THM."  Doh   -EA
QR: 
Itz easy as BAMF pi

RE: Elon Musk: SpaceX to fly 2 paying customers to the moon next year

Preamble Probabilty Pregambled Possibilty

You were playing card tricks on yourself only Solitaire SOL itza Heir Solicit Satire pick a card...any card.

Possibility focused through probality is a common sense utility that in effect sharpens the resolve over-view.
Pornhub Wants To Shoot A Porn Film In Space
Eva Loria and Johnny Sins
[Image: o-ASTRONAUGHTS-facebook.jpg]
In space, Banana_hump   no one can hear you moan. Doh
[Image: video-undefined-2983D7B100000578-207_636x358.jpg] 
sin over-views her moon  

Google Hat: Tech giant gets patent for cap with social media sharing, personal safety capabilities
Google received a patent for a hat with a stills-and-video camera mounted on the brim.

[Image: googlehateditjpg.jpg.size.custom.crop.1086x611.jpg]
The patent indicated that photos and video from the hat could be beamed via social media to a users’ friends and even allow for live interaction with another user.  (SUPPLIED / U.S. PATENT AND TRADEMARK OFFICE)  
Eva Loria
[Image: 4a8ee12242bff005d7472ecf90d17041.jpg]
More return per poundage  Banana_hump  (equal opposite force) 
no matter what oprah says.

[Image: video-undefined-1ABA69D100000578-142_636x358.jpg]
~333 lbs.
James Cameron and Felix Baumgartner

A director that goes to this kind of extreme ain't no hollywood typecast  Naughty

James Cameron's Mars Reference Design
[Image: mars.jpg]Summary (Jan 30, 2004): Academy Award winning film director, James Cameron, takes a tour through a human mission to Mars. His commissioned renderings of the Mars Design Reference Mission illustrate how a quarter billion miles away, a crew and cargo will meet up to build and fuel their future habitat.

[Image: cam_ref_banner.jpg]
James Cameron's Mars Reference Design
The Director's Cut
As an artist and filmmaker, James Cameron is credited on major Hollywood productions in virtually all roles: writer, director, producer, editor, visual effects, actor, art director, and even crew. Cameron wrote and directed such science fiction classics as "Terminator 2: Judgement Day" (1991), "The Abyss" (1989), and "Aliens" (1986). He received an Academy Award for Best Director for 1997's "Titanic," which was also the largest grossing film in history. 

[Image: james_cameron-slide.jpg]
As an artist and film-maker, James Cameron is fascinated by Mars: "There are a billion questions and about eight answers so far...NASA is the tip of the spear for human imagination." 
Credit: Lightstorm/ Earthship.TV

A director that goes to this kind of extreme ain't no hollywood typecast
Astrobiology Magazine's Executive Producer, Helen Matsos, sat down with James Cameron and discussed his project slate. During their discussions, Cameron shared how he became interested in Mars and his unique renderings commissioned to represent the key stages in a future human mission to the red planet. As Cameron said about his directorial view: "I think that any kind of exploration should always try to acquire the highest level of imaging. That's how you engage people -- you can put them there, give them the sense that they're standing there on the surface of Mars." 

The Design Reference Mission(DRM) covers Earth launch to Mars landing, Mars cruise to Mars launch, and Earth return. The mission entails sending cargo ahead, docking the crew at the space station, then meeting up with the cargo supplies once on Mars. 

Cameron underscored the need to illustrate the details for each stage of the DRM. And whether deploying a crew or robotic explorers, the mission needed to connect more to a shared human story of discovery. A future Astrobiology Magazine feature will highlight Cameron's reflections on making such a mission come to life, but this director's preview offers tantalizing visual cues to what is going on robotically today on Mars.
https://web.archive.org/web/200612231623...le813.html

Inside NASA’s daring $8 billion plan to finally find extraterrestrial life
A congressman, a billionaire movie director, and an unparalleled mission of discovery.

ERIC BERGER - 3/7/2017, 1:00 PM
[Image: Europa2.jpg]
A secret weapon

Thanks to the ominous warning in Arthur C. Clarke’s novel, 2010: Odyssey Two, much of the science and technical community shares Culberson’s fascination with Europa. But for the general public, the icy moon remains largely an unknown. Eight billion dollars to peck at the ice on some moon around Jupiter? What is the sense of that? As he works on his peers in Congress, Culberson will eventually have to convince Joe the Plumber, Ken Bone, and the rest of America about the relevance of Europa, too.

For this mission, he has a secret weapon. During the briefings at JPL, Culberson brought a friend with him, the famed Director James Cameron. The two men share an interest in exploring the depths of oceans, and periodically Cameron peppered the JPL presenters with questions about batteries, the chemistry of Europa’s ocean, and so forth. But mostly, he came as Europa’s storyteller-in-chief.

[b]A director that goes to this kind of extreme ain't no hollywood typecast and He's a Crazy Canuck Too![/b]
[Image: culbersonr.jpg]
 US Rep. John Culberson left, and famed director James Cameron, right, during the briefings at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in late February.

NASA/JPL-Caltech

“If you want to talk to the world, this man knows how to do it,” Culberson said of his friend. It’s true in some sense. Titanic and Avatar are the two highest-grossing movies of all time.

At one point during the presentation, Hand displayed the cover of the report written by the lander team, which depicts the spacecraft at rest on Europa with Jupiter rising lustrously above the horizon. It recalled the iconic Apollo 8 image of Earth rising above the Moon, which helped sell the lunar landing program to the American public. “You need to do that picture,” Cameron interjected. “It should be a given. You want that picture, about 30 degrees above the horizon. It’s mandatory.”

[Image: 297755main_GPN-2001-000009_full-980x784.jpg]
You need to do that picture,” Cameron interjected. “It should be a given. You want that picture, about 30 degrees above the horizon. It’s mandatory.”
Enlarge / The iconic "Earth rise" image taken during the Apollo 8 mission.
NASA

Hand noted that since Europa is tidally locked to Jupiter, only half of the moon ever sees the gas giant. You really wouldn’t want to constrain your landing site just for a photograph, he explained.

“It had better be a damn interesting landing site,” Cameron retorted. After this exchange, the group of scientists and engineers inside Left Field laughed. During that moment, Cameron turned to whisper to Culberson. “Nobody ever likes to hear that stuff," the director said. "But it’s what sells this kind of program.”
From the congressman’s nod back to his friend, it seemed pretty clear that the most important person in the world when it comes to exploring Europa had heard Cameron’s message. Loud and clear.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2017/03/...rial-life/

A director that goes to this kind of extreme ain't no hollywood typecast.
(03-05-2017, 12:46 AM)Citizen Quasar Wrote:
... I like your suggestions. 'Got any more?

Doh ...by power of suggestion, it likely ain't these two guys? Arrow

Stephen Hawking and Charles Krauthammer

[Image: Stephen-Hawking-662598.jpg]

[Image: 694940094001_5366316286001_Krauthammer.jpg]

The flight is fully autonomous...but it ain't gonna happen. Cry

[Image: ducksters_new_header_shrunk2.gif]
Biographies for Kids Stephen Hawking Back to Biographies Occupation: Scientist and astrophysicist Born: January 8, 1942 Best known for: Hawking radiation and the book A Brief History of Time Biography: Early Life Stephen Hawking was born in Oxford, England on January 8, 1942. He grew up in a highly educated family. Both of his parents had attended Oxford University and his father, Frank, was a medical researcher. Stephen enjoyed math and science in school where he earned the nickname "Einstein." He wanted to study math at university but Oxford didn't have a math degree at the time so he chose physics and chemistry instead. Stephen found college coursework to be very easy. He enjoyed being a member of the school's boat club as well as classical music. After graduation, he went to Cambridge to study for his PhD. Diagnosed with ALS While Hawking was working on his PhD at Cambridge University, he began to have health issues. His speech became slurred and he became very clumsy, often dropping items or falling for no reason. After going through a series of tests, doctors discovered that Hawking had a disease called ALS (also called Lou Gehrig's disease). At the time, the doctors said he only had a few years to live. 
[Image: stephen_hawking_presidential_medal.jpg]
Hawking meeting President Obama by Pete Souza 

Overcoming ALS Although Hawking was initially depressed over his diagnosis, he decided that there were things he wanted to accomplish with his life. He began to study and work harder than ever before. He wanted to earn his PhD before he died. Around the same time, he met and fell in love with a girl named Jane Wilde. Between his work and Jane, Hawking had a reason to live. Despite the initial grim diagnosis from his doctors, Hawking has lived a full and productive life with the help of science and modern medicine. Although he is confined to a wheelchair and cannot talk, he can communicate using a touch pad computer and a voice synthesizer. Black Holes and Hawking Radiation Stephen spent much of his academic work researching black holes and space-time theories. He wrote many important papers on the subject and became a noted expert on relativity and black holes. Perhaps his most famous discovery was when he demonstrated that black holes emit some radiation. Prior to this it was thought that black holes could not get smaller because nothing could escape their enormous gravity. The radiation from black holes has become known as Hawking Radiation. You can go here to learn more about black holes. A Brief History of Time Stephen also enjoyed writing books. In 1988 he published A Brief History in Time. This book covered modern subjects on cosmology such as the big bang and black holes in terms that could be understood by the average reader. The book became very popular selling millions of copies and remaining on the London Sunday Times best-seller list for four years. He has since written many more books including A Briefer History in Time, On the Shoulders of Giants, and The Universe in a Nutshell. 

[Image: stephen_hawking_zero_g.jpg]
Hawking during a zero gravity test flight Photo by Jim Campbell 

Interesting Facts about Stephen Hawking He was born on the 300th anniversary of the death of the famous scientist Galileo. He has been married twice and has three children. Stephen has been on several TV shows including The Simpsons and the Big Bang Theory. The book A Brief History of Time only has one equation, Einstein's famous E = mc2. Hawking has co-written several children's books with his daughter Lucy including George's Cosmic Treasure Hunt and George and the Big Bang. He received the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2009. He hopes to travel to space one day and has trained with NASA on their zero gravity aircraft.

Read more at: http://www.ducksters.com/biography/scientists/stephen_hawking.php
Copyright © Ducksters. 

hero of zero g

Stephen Hawking Wants to Ride Virgin Galactic's New Passenger Spaceship

By Mike Wall, Space.com Senior Writer | February 20, 2016 08:00am ET

http://www.space.com/31993-stephen-hawki...unity.html