Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not to rile Keith...but
Zip Monster is over at the Graham Hancock site telling everybody that a certain Wil Faust brought attention to the
Candor Tetrahedron feature as his discovery.
http://grahamhancock.com/phorum/read.php...sg-1102703

Now we all know Zip. We know the things he likes to champion wherever he is.
We all know Keith, we know his accomplishments. It is a no brainer that he should know certainly, and make righteous claims of what he has done without the need to embellish, and I for one accept that as fact.
Whether it is of any import to Keith that such a source should attack his credibility is up to him to decide, but I thought he might like to be made aware of what is afoot?
So, the words Autumn and Fall are not to be capitalized?
They are in my world!

What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done; and there is nothing new under the sun.
Is there a thing of which it is said, "See, this is new?"It has been already, in the ages before us. Ecc 1: 9-10
I have stopped going to Grahams site, it seems to have very little to do with him, at least the forum does, and anything other worldly or supernatural is dismissed almost out of hand. A shame, as I think Graham is one of the greatest archaeologists of our age.
Really? GH's message board disses the supernatural after he went and titled a book that? That is a shame.

As for the other GH, I hope he's drawing attention to other finds less contentiously credited to Wil. Frankly "Parrotopia" 
probably impressed me more than the tetrahedron did, even if you can see where I left my saucer parked near the tetrahedron's apex.
"Work and pray, live on hay, you'll get Pie In The Sky when you die." - Joe Hill, "The Preacher and the Slave" 1911
(05-11-2017, 11:33 PM)The Watcher Wrote: I have stopped going to Grahams site, it seems to have very little to do with him, at least the forum does, and anything other worldly or supernatural is dismissed almost out of hand. A shame, as I think Graham is one of the greatest archaeologists of our age.

They seem to engage in the nastiest little Snits there quite often, each one excising boundless expertise on any given subject.
Definitely Left leaning for the most part in their political threads. Many exercise no common sense at all.

Hancock being a Brit, the forum has a slightly different slant in the case of the Brits, but I'm sure very many Yanks habit the place as well.
They are in my world!

What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done; and there is nothing new under the sun.
Is there a thing of which it is said, "See, this is new?"It has been already, in the ages before us. Ecc 1: 9-10
George is a troll, liar and lunatic. He is one of the only three people ever permabanned here.

I included the origin story of that discovery on my page where i display it.

link this to him there if you like,
I don't post there

http://thehiddenmission.com/CandorTetrahedron.html

A Controversy of Candor

Let me relate the origin story of this thing, because a certain fellow named Haas has consistently tried to steal this -one of my greatest discoveries- and attribute it to another.

I first discovered this item on MOC image E0-600269 in late Aug 2001. This particular series of MOC images were being taken for the purpose of finding landing sites for
Spirit and Opportunity. At the time I was processing these images for NASA/Marsoweb. It sits among many odd features on the image, but the resolution wasn't that great.
So I filed it away as curious, needing further input- then put in targeting requests for more and better imagery of it via MSSS' request/guest observer program.

This image wasn't released publicly until late May 2001

At the time I was also a cadre member of AnomalyHunters.com. (along with G. Haas) and we did these weekly image exploration group sessions
It came my turn to supply the image for discussion, so I provided E0-600269. One of the newer members, a now deceased fellow named Will Faust,
seized upon it and claimed discovery from that session, this however was simply not the case. I tried to explain to them that no, I'd already found that
weeks before and that I had even put in requests for better imaging, but he disregarded all of that while he and Haas went about noising it as their find.
I guess they thought they'd get famous off of it or something, I don't know, but that's crappy. I left that group and have shunned Haas ever since.

I received the second image (E15-01285) from MSSS requests in April 2003. When I posted it online Haas attacked me for 'stealing his poor dead friend's work"

Nevertheless, this was my find and I was determined to do it due diligence, so I requested more images of it from the (at the time) brand new HiRise camera.
This endeavor was rewarded by the return of PSP_002841_1740 in March 2007. I was elated! Not only one, but two different craft orbiting Mars had been specifically
directed by me to further investigate something curious on Mars I'd discovered. Haas took this request image and sent it to Richard Hoagland telling him that he and
his friend Faust had found it. Richard and Mike Bara included it in Dark Mission and unknowingly published it in the book with THE WRONG ATTRIBUTION!
We had a BIG falling out over it at the time, so much so I refused to attend the speaking engagements Richard had lined up to promote Dark Mission.

My second HiRise request for this area (PSP_003896_1740) was returned for me in May 2007. Once again here comes Haas with the same tired misrepresentations..
but in truth what we really have here is George Haas using the wrongful actions of a now dead man to attempt the continued misappropriation of one of my greatest
finds. He's been doing this for the entire interim and only getting away with it because no one knows what he did. Now you do. I will not be deterred, regardless.

I have consistently and exhaustively researched this area the entire time while having to defend myself on it from Haas' defamatory and attention seeking attacks.
It is most definitely artificial, and these images stand as a testimony of what any one of us 'little guys' can do with a tiny bit of talent, persistence and motivation
I found it. End of the beginning of the story.

You too can find it. It's waiting... behind the door for which you are the key.
On a satellite I ride. Nothing down below can hide.
The active principle in this thing is that I had possession of the original image (E0-600269) in Aug 2001. This was one of the MER rovers (Spirit and Oppy) landing site selection images I was processing at the time for the Marsoweb landing sites program. I was receiving these images from MSSS as soon as they were downlinked from the satellite- I was not allowed to show them publicly until they were released on the Marsoweb site.

when I saw the thing the first time was when I first decompressed the image. I immediately went in and ordered more images of it.
this was before anyone else had even seen it. I mean anyone, MSSS included.

I submitted it for group research only after it had been publicly released, thoroughly combed over, and contexting imagery requested

So Wil 'discovered' my already discovered item because I was naive enough to think a group of 'honest' anomaly guys, supposed truth seekers, would be above behaviors like that while working together. It would be the same thing as if i posted a badass anomaly covered image here saying 'look at this' and one of you seeing something on it then running off claiming you found it while calling me a liar- even after I told you "yep, already found that, want to see the close-ups?"

I told them over and again all this at the time, but honestly, what can dissuade deceptive fame seekers with stars in their eyes? surely not facts.

That's why I no longer group do a damn thing.. seems this stuff goes to some people's heads; they get grand delusions of fame and fortune.. then try to stick a knife in your back.

turns some folks into snakes.
and snake oil salesmen.

Mostly the weak minded.
With the Timeline and Testimony you just posted it is completely self-evident.

Keith handled Haas like a BOSS!

Even before the rest of the world Keith saw 'first light' on the  landing site selection image and was obligated to hold his tongue until the official image became 'public'.

That "Ringing" in your ears is Two seperate tones:

One tone is the 'ring of truth' to it posted above by Keith.
The other tone 'rings hollow' and shows Haas is disingenuous.

I won't speak ill of the deceased so Wil Faust can R.I.P.

But Zipmonster gives snakes a bad name.

I am happy to be one of the last members of THM to reject his non-sense before his Permanent Banishment.

Once Haas started making money off of the 'circuit' he lost all confidence by that motive.
Along the vines of the Vineyard.
With a forked tongue the snake singsss...
""Even before the rest of the world Keith saw 'first light' on the landing site selection image and was obligated to hold his tongue until the official image became 'public'.""

yeah! do you know how difficult that was for me?

:)

of course at the time it was simply another curious feature I wanted to see closer.
Want to really handle him?

check this out... they've been sciencing the SHIT out of West Candor because ever since I found it I've been pushing them to LAND A CRAFT there!

https://marsoweb.nas.nasa.gov/landingsit...Candor.pdf

During the landing site selection process for MER this was a possible target for Spirit- but it was already a forgone conclusion that Gusev had been pre-selected for him.
so West Candor wasn't covered any further for that enterprise.
that does mean however that the images of it have stirred the scientific community enough to go in and scientifically justify concrete reasons to land a craft there.
A PROPOSED MARS SURVEYOR 2001 LANDING SITE WEST OF CANDOR
MENSA, VALLES MARINERIS. B.K. Lucchitta and C.E. Rosanova, U.S. Geological
Survey, 2255 N. Gemini Drive, Flagstaff, AZ 86001. E-mail blucchitta@flagmail.wr.usgs.gov
The purpose of the Mars Surveyor 2001 lander and rover mission is to investigate a
diversity of rocks in an area that may have harbored life in the past. The Athena instrument
package on the rover is designed to identify minerals, elemental compositions, water, and ironbearing
phases and oxidation states. The central VaUes Marineris provide a unique opportunity to
visit a variety of rock types from different ages, including rocks from possible ancient lakebeds.
The proposed site is at lat 5.4E S to 5.8E S, long 74.4E to 74.9E, elevation + 1 km, in quadrangle
MTM !05072 [1]. It is located on the valley floor west of Candor Mensa. The site falls within the
range of constraints of the mission (lat 30E N to 15E S and elevation #2.5 km). Safe landing
could be achieved within a 30-km (east-west) landing ellipse. From the optimum landing spot (lat
5.5 ° S, long 74.6 °) a rover traverse of 15-20 km could reach wall rock, older interior layered
deposits, a landslide containing wall rock, younger interior deposits, and a dark knob.
The Candor Mensa site is ideal in that it is in close proximity to rocks having a range of
ages and compositions. The lack of extensive surfaces that can be dated by crater statistics,
however, is adetriment. Thus collected samples, returned to earth during a later mission, cannot be
tied to datable surfaces that may fix the martian time scale. On the other hand, the variety of rock
types expected to be found at the site may outweigh this disadvantage.
From the landing site, the rover may traverse to the lower trough wall to the north, where
ancient rocks of Noachian age are exposed. The most commonly accepted hypothesis is that these
rocks are lunar highland-type breccia [2]. However, recent images of Ius Chasma, returned by the
Mars Global Surveyor, show layered units exposed in trough walls several thousand meters below
the plateau surface. The nature of the rocks in the layers is currently unknown, but several
considerations apply. The rocks may be faulted down; evidence for possible faulting is seen in the
walls in that area. Thus they may be part of the layered sequence commonly recognized below the
plateau surface. On the other hand, the rocks resemble layered mafic intrusives, and may reflect
magrnatic activity, including perhaps the intrusion of very thick sills. Wilhelms and Baldwin [3]
postulated the presence of sills; local outcrops of very dark layers within or at the base of trough
walls support this contention. Inspecting the trough walls near the proposed landing site may shed
light on these possibilities, and collecting samples at the base of the trough wall will give insights
into the composition of the martian crust.
West of the landing site is a large landslide deposit originating from the wall. A variety of
wall rocks should also be contained in the slide and would yield informative samples. The
landslide may also incorporate plateau rocks of early Hesperian age. If basalts from near the
surface [4] were sampled, future dating of these rocks may even give ages for the nearby plateau.
Older interior layered deposits (Hesperian-Amazonian age) occur east of the landing site in
Candor Mensa. Their origin is uncertain. Sampling these rocks may shed light not only on the
composition of these materials but also on the processes of emplacement. It is widely assumed
that interior layered deposits were emplaced in lakes [5,6], even though a volcanic origin cannot be
ruled out for some of them [7,8]. If they are lakebeds, perhaps even incorporating carbonates,
their investigation and possible later return to earth offers us the best chance yet to discover fossil
life. Recent studies [9] have revealed that some interior beds are tilted. This deformation may be
due to collapse in response to loss of incorporated volatiles rather than due to tectonism. If correct,
this observation would support deposition of interior layered materials as lakebed sediments.
Some light-colored rocks also crop out on the trough floor in the vicinity of the landing
site. They are surrounded by darker, smooth mantling material. Examining the outcrops will
answer questions pertaining to the origin of the subfloor in the landing area. The outcrops could
representdown-faulted older interior deposits, younger interior deposits, or late eolian fill. A dark
rugged hill is within reach of the proposed site to the east. It could be a volcanic neck, a vent, a
breccia pipe, or a knob of otherwise resistant material. Exploration may possibly give insights into
the characteristics of volcanic rocks in the troughs and their emplacement mechanisms.
Rocks of late Hesperian to Amazonian age form the younger interior deposits. A thin layer
of this enigmatic unit can be reached to the "west of the landing site. It thinly covers part of the
landslide. The origin of this post-landslide material is also unknown. The unit has light-colored
flow lobes in west Candor Chasma on top Of high mesas, and it fills low areas in this chasma
possibly with several thousand feet of material. The unit could be volcanic [7], perhaps of felsic or
palagonitic composition. However, other relations in the area suggest that the unit may be masswasted
material, reworked from older interior deposits. In this case, the incorporation of volatiles
may have facilitated flow. Sampling this material would not only solve the origin of a mysterious
units on Mars, but may also potentially yield rocks that were exposed to water and may have
harbored life.
Observations and sampling at the proposed landing site would also give insights into
martian processes. By studying the landslide deposit and its matrix, one might answer the
question whether the slides were wet debris flows [10] or dry rock avalanches [11]. If wet, the
discovery would confirm the suspicion that the equatorial area contained water in the subsurface.
Wind deposits are abundant on the trough floors. Sampling them would shed further light
on the nature of the martian wind regime and global dust. The landing site is very smooth and
reddish dark, suggesting a thick layer of drift. The material may well be equivalent to the very
smooth material recently seen on the floor of Gangis Chasma by Mars Surveyor. If so, the
landing and rover traverses would be easy.
Overall, the proposed landing site offers a wealth of information pertaining to Mars'
magmatic, volcanic, and climatic history. It also provides a good chance at obtaining evidence for
former life. A bonus is that the images would be spectacular.
References: [1] U.S. Geological Survey, i984, Misc. Invest. Series Map 1-1592, scale 1:500,000.
[2] Can', M.H., 1979, J. Geophys. Res., v. 84, p. 2996-3007. [3] Wilhelms D.E., and Baldwin,
R.J., 1989, Proceedings, Lunar and Planetary
Sci. Conf. 19, Cambridge University Press, p. 355-365. [4] Scott and Tanaka, 1986, U.S. Geol.
Survey Misc. Invest. Series Map 1-1802-A, scale 1"15,000,000. [5] McCauley, J.F. et al., 1972,
Icarus, v. 17, p. 289-327. [6] Nedell et al., 1987, Icarus, v. 70, p. 409-441. [7] Lucchitta, B.K.,
1990, Icarus, v. 86, p. 476-509. [8] Lucchitta et al., 1992, in Mars, University of Arizona Press,
453-492. [9] Lucchitta B.K., and Rosanova, C.E., 1997, Lunar and Planetary Sci. XXVIII, the
Lunar and Planet. Sci. Institute, Houston, Texas, p. 839-840. [10] Lucchitta, B.K., 1987, Icarus,
v. 72, p. 411-429. [11] McEwen, A.S., 1989, Geology, v. 17, p. 1111-1114.
pfft. i even still have the original compressed archive files the damn thing came in.

the western candor images were removed from further consideration after the 1st LS selection committee back in 2001
I'm thinking they went a bit underground so they could do the science.

I'm looking for the map... used to have cool terrain maps with the images embedded..
they used to be right here https://marsoweb.nas.nasa.gov/dataViz/

I posted all that stuff back in the day, it gets harder to find as the decades roll by.
https://pubs.er.usgs.gov/publication/sim3359

geologic map of area... they included a badass terrain image of the Tetrahedron. (on sheet 2)
what it really boils down to (and I've said this the entire time)
is that it really doesn't matter the who's whats and whens.
It's only an issue because George Haas continues to act like it is.
I just present the images, knowing that as soon as I do here comes George with his bullshit

I'm certain there are some hidden scientists that are probably like "that Keith Laney! I saw it on big screen when the data was downlinking"
lmao..

What matters is that magnificent pyramid and the complex around it.

So instead of clowning with the trolls, I rolled with the camera.

and in result they're now wanting to land something there.

to be honest, I did target Faust's Parratopia- several times. if they ever return me an image of it I'll mke sure anyone seeing it knows he found it, because he did. This one though. nope. Sorry guy. RIP
As far as landing Zones go...I am STILL a thick-headed Anomalist requiring the #2020CydoniaRover  PERIOD !!!

As I keep parroting as if I can't say anything else:

To land the Nuclear Powered Rover in ANYPLACE other than Cydonia IS a Flat Fact of Scientific Cowardice bordering on Scientific Criminality !!!

Marsrover  Either land in Cydonia or take a sledge hammer to it.

I've been contacting President Trump and VP Pence on this several times without being an irritant.

Same with Tweets to them and others.

I have not heard any argument that makes "Common Sense" that does include an appearance of cowardice by NASA/JPL

Bob... Ninja Alien2
"The Morning Light, No sensation to compare to this, suspended animation, state of bliss, I keep my eyes on the circling sky, tongue tied and twisted just and Earth Bound Martian I" Learning to Fly Pink Floyd [Video: https://vimeo.com/144891474]
Well... they're sending 2020 back to Gusev to see the ruins Spirit just hinted at.

I mean, they really aren't going to send a rover to roll around the D&M and Face.
Nice as that would be,
I think they necessarily 'let it go' because of controversy and as well because it eclipses the many other planet-wide civilizational ruins, some of which may be even more significant.
Greater Cydonia itself stretches some 200x500 miles- and has monolithic areas as awesome as what we know and hardly even seen yet.

I'd personally like to see them send it to Gale Crater, Curiosity's going to wear out long before the total majesty of that huge ancient city is even 1/50th explored.

I find it in much better preservation and as full of anomalies as Cydonia, and with better imagery.
that's saying something, because i love Cydonia...
without seeing it I'd have not much considered Mars

but hey... the Gusev site is an ancient city much like it, just far smaller.

btw, they really haven't been taking anyone's request images... other than scientists trying to look at the 2020 landing sites.
been a while since i had one returned, and i have about a hundred or more submitted, but i notice all the recent returns are for rover team members
Me too noticed that a lot of the May releases are for landing areas.

I guess I can stop with the #2020CydoniaRover hash tag. Cry

But Elon Musk MIGHT land there yet...I won't give up hope unless Elon says so himself. 

Thanks for information they made a decision.

Bob.. Ninja Alien2
"The Morning Light, No sensation to compare to this, suspended animation, state of bliss, I keep my eyes on the circling sky, tongue tied and twisted just and Earth Bound Martian I" Learning to Fly Pink Floyd [Video: https://vimeo.com/144891474]
btw, they had the Curiosity Rover on 60 minutes Sunday night I recorded it.

In the end the Head Jpl Curiosity Rover stated "We might be the Martians" towards end of on-screen clips.

Hoagland and more of us will have been vindicated if they STICK to that line of reasoning,

Bob... Ninja Alien2
oh you can bet your bippy... :)

I came to that pat conclusion from the Curiosity images.
There's no reason the didn't also. They look at the same images we do.

only without the tactfully applied obscurational meshing around the most evident things.

"Could have been that Mars was habitable before Earth was. And life got its foothold on Mars and took its journey to Earth and we're all Martians."

http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/curiosity/
Still betting 'The Martians' were us gone there.

But who's to be the Chicken, who's to be the egg?

No doubt in my mind tho...we have stood in both places....Will again.

The folks having the technology evident in the 'Golden Flyers' had the ability to travel between the two planets.
They are in my world!

given that we know technology can take us from chariots to moon buggies in less than 1000 years... I'd say that's a given.

all it takes is one big boom and a skinny minute to send us back there
I was packing a big box here at home and I checked the TV guide for background bullshit,
and there was an old 70s Star Sheep  Trek episode on 

with

George Haas as Harry Mudd

[Image: Mudd%2527s%2BWomen%2B%252836%2529.jpg]

Rofl
Hey There!
Harry Mudd was one of my favorite Star Trek characters...along with the blond Bones fell in love with in "For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky"

Metamorphosis and 'The Companion' was my favorite episode....I think? So many to choose from!
They are in my world!

Don't be mad at me, this is the last time I'll stir the pot....promise.
But this time I, and all here have been labeled by Zip. And further includes a rather incredible accusation far beyond mere claims of discovery. Slander of the most extraordinary kind.

Quote;
"Well Fsbirdhouse.
The fact is this Candor Tetrahedron was discovered by Wil Faust. He originally presented the find to the membership of the old Anomaly Hunters discussion board (of which Keith was also a member) and The Cydonia Institute. I also have Wil's original e-mails to prove it.

A little back ground here- Keith highly disliked Wil and although Keith worked on the Parrot geoglyph science paper with The Cydonia Institute (Another Wil Faust discovery) Keith's contributions to the paper soon ended after a heated argument with Wil over image processing. It appears Wil was so up-set with the confrontation that he died of a heart attack just days later.

Now the reason I was "banned" from the Hidden Mission discussion board was because I alerted his faithful band of "Flying Monkeys" that Keith was mistaken and it was not his find and it was Mr.Faust that found the formation and NOT their beloved Keith.

You can "tend to believe" what ever you want, but these are the facts."

Zip Monster

Flying Monkeys indeed!
And that from a Loony Tune Character.
"
They are in my world!

whatever he says is of little to no consequence, he wasn't banned here for any of that, he was banned here for being a troll

I didn't like Wil because he ran off with something I found and acted like a real prick when i confronted him on it.
Same goes for George.

LMAO, I see he's blaming me for Wil's death?
talk about looney-toon...
he died months after I quit all correspondence with him and George.

probably in consequence of living style, he was terribly obese and inactive.
I had nothing to do with that, nor did I have any sort of argument with him anywhere near his time of death.
This just goes to show you the nature of Haas.

either that or it shows everyone NOT to fuck with me. I'm magic and can kill you from across the world without even talking to you.
you know, now that i think about it...

I was emailing with Jeremy Stench (Dean Wetmore, old school anomaly hunter) and he died...

I was emailing with Mac Tonnies.. and he died

I was emailing with A.C. Clarke... and he died

I was emailing with Edgar Mitchell.. and he died too...

oh hell, maybe it was me?

Horsepoop

and to all those I add my beloved Sammy J
Uncle Roy, Grandma
Eric and Fuddy

I miss ya'll more than all the others, this song is for you my brothers

I almost can't wait to go there and be with half my friends and family.
but wish it on no-one or myself.
(05-16-2017, 02:44 PM)Keith Wrote: I almost can't wait to go there and be with half my friends and family.
but wish it on no-one or myself.

But as Djimon Hounsou as Jabu told Russell Crowe as Maximus in Gladiator: "Do not die, not yet"

Bob... Ninja Mellow
a new Image:
[Image: 3-600x401.jpg]
"Now the reason I was "banned" from the Hidden Mission discussion board was because I alerted his faithful band of "Flying Monkeys" that Keith was mistaken and it was not his find and it was Mr.Faust that found the formation and NOT their beloved Keith."

actually here is where we were and what we were doing when he was banned.

This guy's a trip.

http://thehiddenmission.com/forum/showth...#pid227990

hell here's all his posts from that time...
http://thehiddenmission.com/forum/search...74b21a72f8

so not sure where he's getting his memory... but this board has a LOOOONG one...

I'm pretty sure it was for repetitively promoting his books and so forth on not only his own but other people's threads and generally being an incessantly irritating dickhead. We voted on it.
The posts are a matter of record
and Zip
is still Full of Shit .
Never invite a Yoda to a frog leg dinner.
Go ahead invite Yoda to a Frog leg dinner

[Image: SaOiU58.jpg]

Rofl

(05-16-2017, 12:18 PM)Fsbirdhouse Wrote: It appears Wil was so up-set with the confrontation that he died of a heart attack just days later.

I don't think Keith's integrity is the issue anymore. Personally I am damned proud of being a Flying Monkey, but if there's a fine line between defending the departed and exploiting them, I'm pretty sure Zip methodically chewed it up and spit it out here. That is just a low blow, period. Zip's name might as well be Mudd, it is in my book for that.
"Work and pray, live on hay, you'll get Pie In The Sky when you die." - Joe Hill, "The Preacher and the Slave" 1911
the man lives in a fantasy land..
by the way
what part of any tetrahedron or anything else has George discovered?

where are the images and items he's researched and targeted?

all I've ever seen him do is follow along on the discoveries of others throwing in his silly bunny rabbit and jackass mimeoglyphs to make the whole endeavor seem ridiculous.