Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Check in
Cancer op went on hold. Open heart, double by pass got in way.
Have never known such pain.
Months to go.
So, the words Autumn and Fall are not to be capitalized?
They are in my world!

What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done; and there is nothing new under the sun.
Is there a thing of which it is said, "See, this is new?"It has been already, in the ages before us. Ecc 1: 9-10
Yupper
getting older is interesting
VA has approved 100% disability for me
Daily dialysis keeps me going
some days better than others .
VA is going to remove 3 teeth .
Thursday I had a MRI for neck vertebrae closing in on nerves in neck
pain in shoulders and back can get very intense
waiting to hear results .
yup
getting old is so much fun 
Doh
Hang in there Buddy !
Hi
Never invite a Yoda to a frog leg dinner.
Go ahead invite Yoda to a Frog leg dinner
holy smokes

makes the flu look like fufu

"daily dialysis" -- must be tough to keep patient with.

"Open heart, double by pass got in way.
Have never known such pain."

The pain is the really excruciating part.
I am very sorry to hear that.
That is very difficult to manage.
Are they giving you morphine? or diluadid?
If you get appetite problems ... get strong THC MJ -- not that CBD crap.

I struggle to keep in shape as age catches up.
But I force myself out there and run the hill, then try some pushups or pull ups.

I eat the best food I can buy, and it is ....ex-pen-sive Whip
Quality organic veggies add up in cost,
not to mention the sockeye salmon.
It is always great when you can take regular and stressless poops.
Lots of yoghurt with occasional super probiotic,
organic flax muffins <---
green veggies.
I still eat some pasta -- and garlic garlic garlic -- 
but I refrain from bread.

Aging as an inevitability is an unwelcome eventuality that gets ever more present.
I am not dealing with it very well,
but I am getting better at it.
Glad to hear you're out of surgery.  The 1st one is always the hardest a few words then flowers:

[Image: youre-stronger-thean-you-think.jpg]

[Image: send-some-flowers-hope-you-fell-better.jpg]

When you get home you'll be unrestricted in your Rx's allowed.  Must use bong at least 1 foot high with water and toke slowly..AVOID coughing as much as possible.  Also while napping and sleeping you might not feel pain, but getting better requires your pain to work through it.

Stand and take steps with HELP.  Do not walk on your own until ready, be aware of getting dizzy...remember it is better to knell and roll into sitting position if no chair is available...and rest until you get strength to stand up again.  Also help getting up would be best.  But eventually while walking in large stores when you get going ... sit in middle of aisle if woozy.  Again better to sit down on your own and rest rather than fall down.

I've had four of those so also don't LIFT anything more than 25 lbs which is MY limit now.

Duck hunting may be a good memory.

All peace, love and Rock-n-Roll to you, or favorite music, or try some 432 hhz music.  Plenty on you tube.

Good luck with the rest of your journey.

[Image: no-matter-how-many-mistakes-youre-better...ot-try.jpg]

Bob... Ninja Angel Worship Nurse Bong7bp Wub
"The Light" - Jefferson Starship-Windows of Heaven Album
I'm an Earthling with a Martian Soul wanting to go Home.   
You have to turn your own lightbulb on. ©stevo25 & rhw007
Jesus man, time marches on and every semblance of healthful youth departs...
i feel it in myself as well, exacerbated by injury.
All we can do is handle it with what grace we have.. and hold onto our faith as we slide on down

I have to admit though, I seem to have caught a 'second wind' from my recent horrific injuries.
This appears to have triggered a massive healing response which fixed things other than just what I'd crushed and broken
Even dropped from an insane (for me) 215 lbs back down to my natural ~170.

However, i do not suggest falling from height as a fix!

:)

I wish you comfort healing and solace my friend. You're in my prayers
On a satellite I ride. Nothing down below can hide.
FS, may all of our "thoughts and prayers" be with you and may those thoughts and prayers be more effective and more heartfelt than our elected legislators can imagine or invoke.   

This is not an April Fool's joke, this is a Universal Reality joke.  We lose parents, children, friends and acquaintances.  We nurse others in ill health and eventually, if we are very lucky and everything has turned out right, others nurse us when our decline is gradual or the need immediate.     

Is it an April Fool's Joke that on this Jewish Christian Easter Passover 4/1 weekend the unlucky ones among us have few thoughts and prayers, let alone support?

You have prospered and you are blessed: with your family circumstances and family proximity, with your hunting gang community, with very good health care, a warm home with a great dog and never a worry about whether there is food in the future.  I hope you also feel blessed by this community of friends here.

I feel blessed for your continuing contributions. 
Thank you and get better soon!   Hi
Prayers for all of you dealing with such issues.  My wife is starting that slow decline (memory and other things) . . .
e4e5Qh5Ke7Qe5#
[Image: QCsgrl7.jpg]
Angel
well
now I have been dead.
Drove 2 hours into Grand Jct to go to dialysis clinic 
walked into the clinic
went to bathroom and then sat down with nurse
my nurse was checking vitals
and the next thing I know 4 nurses , 5 emt's and one Doctor
are standing over me telling me to lie still . I never felt a thing .
10 minutes of cpr and being zapped brought me back to life. If event had taken place early or later my check out would have been Permanent .
Transported to St Mary's and started doing tests .Yes chest still hurts .
Heart muscle strength is at 20% . Not good .So now Doctor's will take 3 vessels from legs and heart to replace 3 heart arteries . Maybe a pace maker later . I have already had 2 operations .Scheduled for Tuesday for high risk operation 4 or 5 hours long .I have been told there is a 20 % chance of not making it out alive . I like the Doctors and staff at ST. Mary' and feel good about my chances and God has taken good care of me over the years .
Angel
Stay strong Gerald.

How are you even posting?
You guys are superhumans!

May the road to recovery be a smooth one.
Along the vines of the Vineyard.
With a forked tongue the snake singsss...
and the VA has been telling me i have a good heart system
pffft .
Jeeze Wook, I wish you the best and am once again grateful for modern medical care, both in the case of my own family and in this case, your case, our case, this intertube forum extended family case that is you, here, and alive .  .  .   Hi  . . .   Welcome back from your journey into darkness.  Any advice or comment other than don't go there?  Inquiring minds would like to know.   Hmm2

P.S.  Please try not to scare us again.   Naughty
Well Gerald, I wasn't always 'aware' while dead; but 7 times I DID.  After 4th time, I decided to go to Cydonia by walking through the corner I felt in, last few times I tried turning into the warmth and light I could envision behind me; always to be turned back into body with PAIN!  So on the 4th time I walked through the corner and ended up on the corner of the Smoking Pyramid at 20 h/b/m I could feel the sand between toes, wind on skin, hair, and the view was spectacular.

You might also need a NEW heart valve...have them check that...a REAL Cardiologist Heart Expert to check the valves out.  Yes you need new blood flows to the heart, from legs, but your legs will be getting colder at night; double blankets with large felt blankets nice n soft and quilt on top of that.

And REST my friend, no strenuous stuff, no walking without help and later-on get a pace maker.  For all the swearing I have on my two I've had; I would NOT go back to trying to live without one now.

You're going to be so sore when you wake up from rib-cracking my 1st time I felt I couldn't lift my head off pillow; by the 4th I was out of bed and sitting in chair as soon as I was in post-op.

You have to MOVE THROUGH the pain.  Try to think of Mars and the wonders of being alive while you are.  Lean on family and friends; they WANT to help.  Do not be afraid, ashamed or scared about asking for help.

We ALL get by 'with a little help from our friends and loved ones'.

As for being on-line I had my laptop sent to me.  Helped once the pain went down.

beats watching soaps. 

Best of prayers and luck to you Angel Worship Nurse

Bob... Ninja Assimilated
I always wanted to live to be ... forever ... but ...  Cry

then the premise of 94 ... might be too high of a score,
Dad has dementia now, he is 91.
Other wise solidly healthy.
I would very much like to pass on the dementia stage of later life.
If I have to be 91,
I want my wits about me.

Wook's story is amazing.
Dead then alive.
In two blinks.
No car wreck, no pandemic flu ... no pain is the ticket.
Though you say your chest does hurt now.
3 operations in a row has to be an endurance epic.
Wishing you the best my friend,
as well as to FSB who was also in surgery.

Wishing you all health and happiness. And for those of you ill, may you make a speed recovery.
Without a doubt this is a gathering of some of the toughest motherfuckers ever assembled...

glad to see they haven't got you yet Wook.
I won't miss opportunity to tell you we love you man, thought we were losing you. take care of yourself.
On a satellite I ride. Nothing down below can hide.
[Image: 30226355_10213778952939465_3810279119954...e=5B6383D7]

Doh
(04-06-2018, 10:08 AM)Keith Wrote: Without a doubt this is a gathering of some of the toughest motherfuckers ever assembled...

glad to see they haven't got you yet Wook.
I won't miss opportunity to tell you we love you man, thought we were losing you. take care of yourself.
Sheep

In the military, we learn to reject fear because it gets in the way of staying alive.

Hi
[/url]

Tracey B Likens added 2 new photos.
1 hr · Fort Collins ·

UPDATE on our Gerald Rannells:
They have been prepping our dear Gerry for surgery tomorrow. He is wired for sound, they inserted a balloon pump, hooked him up to heart assist for surgery, and the hemodialysis machine will be on, cleaning his blood, for the next 3 1/2 hrs. They are monitoring his blood pressure to see if he needs to double up on B/P meds, and they adjusted them accordingly. Mom Nancy Linn says she’s hanging in there, it’s definitely an experience with 7 big machines in the room attached to him. It’s very hard to see your spouse in such straits. [Image: 1f641.png]?
Barring any emergencies, he is schedulded at 7:30 in the morning. Surgery should be 4 -6 hours. He quit breathing when they put the ballon in, but they got him back on track... All prayers, support, and good juju warmly received.

[Image: 30582034_10156290787537930_3815485663984...e=5B69FC7A]
[Image: 30441750_10156290787577930_3635468619290...e=5B2BD77A]
[url=https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156290787577930&set=pcb.10156290789192930&type=3]
I'm glad to see that it seems to have a HEART VALVE surgeon or knowledge about the valves.  Yes all the machines are a bit scary even when you're the one inside the machine; I know its also very nerve racking for those loved ones on the outside of the machine.  If his heart is weak he may need a pacemaker; get one.  I'm on my 2nd.

Prayers and Healing energy headed to everyone's way and will Pray God watches over everyone tomorrow morning. Angel 

Bob... Ninja Assimilated
Both Wook and FSB have been in heavy surgery.
Let's keep both men in our thoughts.
Hope to hear from both of you soon.