Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Wook has died during Surgery
I am sorry for not checking in here at HMF until late tonight.  I was up last night till 4-5 AM listen to RCH and the 911 people that is repeated tonight so I got on-line after doing my regular email crap.

Waiting for me was a Private Message from Gerald's Family:

I should let you know that Wook passed on 4/11/18.  He had a heart attack and subsequent bypass surgery from which he did not recover.  I know he's been an active member on this board for years and I wanted to pass it on and it looks like you're his most active message partner.  If you could write something and pass it on to the rest of the community I would appreciate it.  

Regards,

Family 
--
I am at loss for words to express what I am feeling and crying right now. I am also praying as I cry and type. Angel 

I thought Wook would always be here for at least Elon's 2020 BFR to MARS at the Cydonia Latitude.

Well he might be in Cydonia himself in personal soul journey like I used to take there.

I used to chat with Gerry on Facebook; which I now call Fakebook because of censorship of my Facebook posts using Flat Facts about 911, and the imperial wars the USA has gotten ourselves involved in.

But this isn't about me, it's about the indispensable place Wook had here as Moderator and as a friend to EVERYONE here. 

A friend I will surely miss for quite some time to come.  Odd that it took me several months to start crying when my father and mother passed on; but this PM to me directly was a shocker and my cheeks are still wet.

To Kieth, I do not know why the Family did not PM you, nor am I going to inquire.  It no longer matters, this isn't about ego or me or you; but the WHOLE FAMILY here at HMF.

I know ALL of the members will reply to this thread at some point, and since the Family might be guests here looking in I would like people to be respectful and share what you feel.

I know I am missing Gerald GREATLY right now and am too emotional to say much more.

Gerald aka Wook may you fly where you wish forever Angel Angel Angel 

Bob... Ninja Angel
"The Light" - Jefferson Starship-Windows of Heaven Album
I'm an Earthling with a Martian Soul wanting to go Home.   
You have to turn your own lightbulb on. ©stevo25 & rhw007
I was laying there in bed waiting for my meds to work and thought "grab some of Wook's latest Facebook pic and video"

[Image: gerald-rannels-last-pic-fishing.jpg]

[Image: gerald-rannels-last-pic-as-wookie.jpg]

[Image: gerald-rannels-last-pic-ad-wookie-howl-contest.jpg]

[Image: gerald-rannels-last-pic-shared-xmas-2017.jpg]

This looks like a pic he's saving for the thread "You wanna fight"? dunno but funny and correct as Wook always was.

[Image: gerald-rannels-last-pic-you-want-to-figh...-image.jpg]

Facebook either put this together on 6th anniversary of joining or, he did one using Facebook tools. short 1 min mp4

https://mycommonsenseparty.com/2018-vide...-6year.mp4

Bob... Ninja Assimilated
I am sat here at a loss for words, I never got to interact with Wook as you did Bob, but I did value reading his posts. In the last few days so many people I knew have passed, and now to come here, and read of his passing seems surreal. You guys always seemed immortal to me, probably because we have never met in person, and you kind of build up a mental image of the person at the other end of the net.

One thing I would ask of you Bob, is to take time for yourself, I know your health has not been the best, so, please, take time, and talk about Wooks passing with someone, not over the keyboard, but in person, or at least per telephone. Remember him for the man he was, and rejoice in the fact that he has left this phase of his existence behind, and moved on, to what I imagine to be our real destiny.
Wook is with stars now ... if you see the sign ... its him

I dont know what to say...
It is a very sad day for us here, 
and the entire Mars anomaly and science community.
I will have to let this digest through the day to fully grasp and understand,
and absorb the full impact.
I thought for sure that he would pull through,
and be with us into the future.
Losing Gerald is a great loss for us here.

Let us not forget that FSB is having surgeries as well <--- and has cancer.
I hope that you are recovering well, FSB.

So many of the people I know have passed away recently.
All around me.
I become more and more isolated in my older age,
a symptom of never having children I suppose,
and I don't get along with my sister too well,
and my mother is gone and my dad has dementia and is in a care home.

My last GF suddenly came down with two kinds of cancer,
and lasted less than a year after diagnosis,
and died at 64 years of age.

So the impact of so many friends passing on, and loss of family in deaths,
... that impact  ... has been blunted somewhat,
by the recurrent presence of so many people passing away all around me.

Keith slid off of a high roof and could have died in the fall.
I could have easily drowned,
in the bad section of the canyon creek fast and deep waters,
in my accident there ... swimming out of it was a close call.

All of us here that are older,
are lucky that we still stand and breathe.
All you younger folks that read here ...
cherish your time on this planet,
because you will be lucky to make it past 60.
God bless Gerald,
on his new journey into the Eternal Consciousness, and wherever that goes.
Maybe he can send us a sign someday,
from the other side of life.

We will miss you Gerald.
It is always another wake up call,
when someone important disappears from our presence.
I find myself preparing for death,
in so many ways these days.
Never used to be that way ... until the last few years.

My Dad ... a 28 year military man,
now 91 years old,
once told me,
Vic, you can do a lot of things in life,
you can win or you can lose,
and you can drag your ass off the ground when you have to,
and start over,
but the only thing you are really required to do <-- in life,
is die.
In a way actually, he is quite correct.

Mortality for us in the 20th - 21st century is a short life span,
on an overpopulated planet suffering from an ecological catastrophe,
and never ending world wars. 

There are trillions of sentient beings in this galaxy that are mortal.
Nothing is easy,
especially dieing, facing your own death.
The Zen Bhuddists celebrate death as a new beginning.
Gerald now travels,
to his new beginnings, 
God Bless us All on our journeys into the unknown,
in whatever happens in the afterlife.

You are correct V, as I grow older, and I am only 52 (almost) I become more and more aware of my mortality, my wife and I have both had serious health problems in the last few years, and whilst we are doing ok at the moment, I know that life can creep up and hit you with the fuck you stick at any time. We take time each day to see each other, and if that fails we speak on the phone. Life is too short, and one thing I regret is not doing so many things when I was younger and healthier.

Please all take care, and take some time to grieve over Wooks passing.
SHOCK, tears, a massive loss to this forum family, we will miss Gerald, a lot.  My brother-in-law passed suddenly this Saturday from an un-diagnosed heart problem, so now I have two to mourn and remember.  It will take a long time to readjust.  Thank you Wook.  Even when I disagreed I always looked forward to his contributions here.   Cry
No More To Cry,
O Mortal Soul...

The Astral Path
Is Now Your Fortuitous Role !

___________________HAWKWIND

Rest in peace amongst the stars. My prayers go to your family, to your both families, here and at home. I am speechless.
Seek and ye shall find. JESUS
------------------------------------------
I am a recovering vegetarian   Hi
Gerald has passed... almost surreal.

Quote:I thought for sure that he would pull through,
and be with us into the future.
Losing Gerald is a great loss for us here.

I am not quite processing this yet.
My condolences to the family.

A sad moment in a long running forum.
This community will truly miss you.

I will miss you.

Wook Angel
Along the vines of the Vineyard.
With a forked tongue the snake singsss...
Wow...

I'm glad I got the chance to tell Wook I love him before he passed. Hope he knows we all did.

He was one of the most steadfast people I ever had the pleasure of meeting.
There was only one Gerald Rannells, and we got to hang out with him.

Sadly though... when it's your time, (like Vic's Dad said) it is indeed the only thing in this life we all no doubt have to do.
I have to look at it like this... The Hidden Mission now has 2 members in the afterlife
On a satellite I ride. Nothing down below can hide.
Keith.
What do we do?

Continue posting in his threads?

Say our last respects and voluntarily stop posting in them to honor him?

...or... keep posting on in his honor?

Or ???

What Would Wook Want?

Should his Family guide us?

This improv eyes / improvise will not be seen by Gerald.

But all of us already know we , by his passing...can look into this container...

[Image: HMF_logo.jpg]

and know that we are two less the wise in count.

Two eyes to see two wise people on the honor roll.

New study improves 'crowd wisdom' estimates
April 18, 2018, Santa Fe Institute

[Image: newstudyimpr.jpg]
Aaron Leventman estimates how many beads are in the jar. Credit: Scott Wagner via Santa Fe Institute
In 1907, a statistician named Francis Galton recorded the entries from a weight-judging competition as people guessed the weight of an ox. Galton analyzed hundreds of estimates and found that while individual guesses varied wildly, the median of the entries was surprisingly accurate and within one percent of the ox's real weight. When Galton published his results, he ushered the theory of collective intelligence, or the "wisdom of crowds," into the public conscience.

Collective wisdom has its limits, though. In a new study published in the Journal of the Royal Society Interface, researchers Albert Kao (Harvard University), Andrew Berdahl (Santa Fe Institute), and their colleagues examined just how accurate our collective intelligence is and how individual bias and information sharing skew aggregate estimates. Using their findings, they developed a mathematical correction that takes into account bias and social information to generate an improved crowd estimate. In the study, their corrected measures were more accurate than the mean, median, and other traditional statistics.

"There is growing evidence that the wisdom of crowds can be really powerful," Kao says. "A lot of studies show that you can calculate the average of estimates and that average can be surprisingly good."

"However," adds Berdahl, "there is a great deal of evidence that people have strong biases in estimation and decision tasks."

The researchers recruited over 800 volunteers to participate in the study and asked each participant to guess the number of gumballs in a jar, which ranged over several orders of magnitude from 54 to more than 27,000. Additionally, they quantified how individuals incorporate social information into their own opinion. To do so, the researchers offered participants fake details about other people's guesses and allowed them to change their estimate in light of that information.

[Image: 1-newstudyimpr.jpg]
Participants in the study were asked to estimate how many gumballs or beads filled a given jar. (Gumballs pictured: 659. Beads pictured: 27,852) Credit: Albert Kao and Andrew Berdahl
Kao's team found that while estimates varied considerably, they were highly predictable. People tended to guess numbers smaller than the actual value and guessed a wider range of numbers for larger jars. Social information also plays a role in collective wisdom. For example, the simulated social information revealed that peer advice more strongly influenced an individual if the knowledge suggested the actual number of items was higher than the guesser's initial estimate. Smaller guesses, even if more accurate, appear to be more frequently discounted.

The findings define a clear set of rules for collective estimation, which in turn provide insight into why we observe the wisdom of crowds. This understanding can improve group wisdom in a variety of settings. Whether guessing the weight of a fat ox or predicting the outcome of future elections, Kao and his colleagues have helped the crowd grow smarter.

[Image: 1x1.gif] Explore further: Averaging the wisdom of crowds

More information: Counteracting estimation bias and social influence to improve the wisdom of crowds, Journal of the Royal Society Interface (2018). rsif.royalsocietypublishing.or … .1098/rsif.2018.0130

Journal reference: Journal of the Royal Society Interface [Image: img-dot.gif] [Image: img-dot.gif]
Provided by: Santa Fe Institute

Read more at: https://phys.org/news/2018-04-crowd-wisdom.html#jCp

The bean Jar relates to our beings  getting Jarred. Holycowsmile

The wisdom of the crowd is in itz numbers.

Well Wished Wook Wisdom to his new found form / forum friends. -Clay
Quote:EA:This improv eyes / improvise will not be seen by Gerald.

You don't KNOW that for SURE.  Spirits CAN interact with this dimension.

Clay, personally I think NOT posting in ANY thread Wook started would be an evil & mean thing.

In flat fact I think we should try and keep as MANY as Wook threads started, when finding NEW information find a thread STARTED by Wook that is 'relevant' to new information to add to that thread rather than start a NEW thread.

Even if we have to back several pages of threads.

It is a way that Wook will STILL ALWAYS be here in Spirit Angel

Bob... Ninja Assimilated
Granted that Bob.

If he can see it, it was homage to how we've been jarred into all thinking of mortality...and posting protocol morality.

I always go into a depression on April 14th to 17th.

My Dad passed at the young age of 54 in 1996 and I dread April, Gerald reminded me of him even when Wook was present onboard.

Now April hurts more.

If his family has no objections.

Then I agree 007 that we should respectfully keep his threads alive.

I don't know what else to do.

Quote:Clay, personally I think NOT posting in ANY thread Wook started would be an evil & mean thing.

As usual ,your common sense.
Sad to hear.  Wook had many, many GREAT posts . . .
e4e5Qh5Ke7Qe5#

So sorry to hear about Wook.
It was my honor to entertain he and Nancy at my house on two occasions.
To take him fishing (As seen in above photo), to kill a bit of clay birds with him and attend a DU banquet on one occasion, and to call him friend now for years.

I am feeling particularly mortal tonight as I drag my own oxygen tube around the house.
So, the words Autumn and Fall are not to be capitalized?
They are in my world!

What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done; and there is nothing new under the sun.
Is there a thing of which it is said, "See, this is new?"It has been already, in the ages before us. Ecc 1: 9-10
Fsbirdhouse it is good to see your post, that means you're still ALIVE.  Keep up the fight, keep the oxygen going, praying and find some cannabis oil to ingest to help with the cancer.  Do NOT smoke it.  Whatever you get EAT it like I do now.

All the best wishes for you Angel 

Bob... Ninja Assimilated
(04-21-2018, 10:17 AM)rhw007 Wrote: Fsbirdhouse it is good to see your post, that means you're still ALIVE.  Keep up the fight, keep the oxygen going, praying and find some cannabis oil to ingest to help with the cancer.  Do NOT smoke it.  Whatever you get EAT it like I do now.

All the best wishes for you Angel 

Bob... Ninja Assimilated

Thanks Bob!

You know as I read some posts in this thread and others, it occurs to me that I missed that Keith had taken a serious fall (?) at some time. Glad he's still here as well. Guess we wouldn't be posting here for long if he wasn't?
They are in my world!

What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done; and there is nothing new under the sun.
Is there a thing of which it is said, "See, this is new?"It has been already, in the ages before us. Ecc 1: 9-10
FSB...look into a tankless "oxygen concentrator" device being advertised.
(04-21-2018, 05:34 PM)Kalter Rauch Wrote: FSB...look into a tankless "oxygen concentrator" device being advertised.

Nearly weaned off that blasted oxygen tube!
Thank goodness when that is gone.
They are in my world!

Sorry to see a major contributor to this forum gone.

He always had the threads going...

He will be missed.

"The stones were still in their native quarries had it been left to us to seek them; we are like the conies in the ruins... the inheritors of what other hands have done..."
(04-21-2018, 12:04 PM)Fsbirdhouse Wrote: You know as I read some posts in this thread and others, it occurs to me that I missed that Keith had taken a serious fall (?) at some time. Glad he's still here as well. Guess we wouldn't be posting here for long if he wasn't?

Yeah man, I think the reaper tried to come for a bunch of us this year..

After Wook's passing I sure did put in an extra prayer for you.. Glad to hear you're getting better.
Does anyone know if Wook and Nancy were still together?
If so, how about a PM with Wook's address so Jan and I can send her a card?

Thanks Keith. I had a lot of people pulling for me, and it worked...I believe.
Don't know how many more years it will be good for?
They are in my world!

RHW007 has his address in case anyone wants to send condolences, don't really want to post it publicly.
Oooh yeah.

I'm thinking a PM for that sort of thing.

How about it Bob? I have his phone numbers, but that's not quite the same.
They are in my world!

I was ... Dwelling... On that good man for several weeks, which caused me to contact Keith for my password to come back... Home...

I will always remember him for the rest of my life...He helped me deal with the real several, maybe many, times. 

I still have his tiny camping tea light he left behind when he visited me...

Loved you Wook...

Shar/gard
&quot;Confusion... first sign of a bad relationship-whether personal, societal or governmental&quot;
I always think of this song by Grace Slick & Jefferson Starship about our Soul's journey:

Freedom:

https://mycommonsenseparty.com/2017-data/Freedom.mp3

Doesn't mean I don't still miss Wook and will continue to add to his original posts to keep them ALIVE here at HMF

Bob... Ninja Assimilated
(05-18-2018, 09:23 PM)the gardener Wrote: I was ... Dwelling... On that good man for several weeks, which caused me to contact Keith for my password to come back... Home...

I will always remember him for the rest of my life...He helped me deal with the real several, maybe many, times. 

I still have his tiny camping tea light he left behind when he visited me...

Loved you Wook...

Shar/gard
Hi Gard!
 Still clinging to it myself.
Three procedures on my heart this year so far.
I think I'll make it for a few more years anyway.
They are in my world!

hang in there buddy!

Welcome back Shar.
Unaware of this information while he was corporeal.
For Gerald ...if he can see this now.

[Image: 4255141721_dd9fd24f43_m.jpg]
If I was standing on Mars, how high in the sky would Earth reach before the sun rose?
[Image: earthrisecydonia.gif]
At its highest, how high above the horizon would Earth be before the sun was visible?

zelmerszoetrop
Mathematics | Number Theory & Machine Learning5 points·5 years ago

Earth would rise highest when Earth-Sun-Moon form a 90 degree angle.

Earth is 1 AU from the Sun, and Mars is 1.52 AU from the sun. Therefore, the angle of this triangle at Mars is arctan(1/1.52)=33.3 degrees.
[Image: 4542423536_432b9bfbd2_z.jpg]
Quote:to come back... Home... Hi Gardner!

For comparison, Venus rises 35.7 degrees at most.
So, Earth in the Martian sky would rise about as high as Venus does in ours.
MrGoodbytes
2 points·5 years ago
So even though Earth is further away from the Sun, that great distance is offset by Mars' distance from the sun?
(trying to understand why it's not higher than Venus is to us)
Sycosys
3 points·5 years ago
yes.
on mars, venus would rise lower and mercury even lower than it does here because the apparent size of the orbits decreases the farther away from the sun that you get.
It is all relative..
Move mars closer and earth rises higher, move it farther and it rises lower.. all because the relative size of the orbits increases or decreases from your perspective
MrGoodbytes
1 point·5 years ago
Gotcha, thanks.
So I log in here after I don't know how long only to find I've just missed Wook. This forum can get by without me but there's going to be a big Wook shaped hole from now on.When I stumbled in here having got lost on the way to ATS I was at the bottom of a pretty steep learning curv and Wook was this weird guy who posts rarely exceeded three words: once I got my head round him he came to mean so much more. I could write pages, but so could everyone.
Travel well Gerald, at least now you get to find out all the answers.

FFS FS, trying to eat everything that moves or flies in Idaho is catching up with you, take it easy and definitely get some medicinal herb, only this week my government has started on serious medical legalisation and the benefits are no longer in doubt.

Keith, let's be careful out there!

Hi Watcher, what do you think of Brexit? Personally I think we're fucked.

Hi Gardener.

I lost my right foot back in January and had my first heart attack a couple of weeks later. Eye screens revealed that my Marfan's Syndrome is doing it's thing to my eyes so it's probably doing it's thing to my aorta too - part of the response to this is that I'm getting my genome mapped.It will take a year, with about two billion data values to be determined, cost starts at around 20000 pounds and could easily reach six figures, only a couple of years ago it would have cost about 2 million dollars.
So as well as finding out exactly how bad the Marfan's is I ought to get all the weird genetic stuff there is to be found too, which should help take my mind off the fact that my clock seems to be well and truly ticking too now.

John.
Hang on every heartbeat BigFoot73.

Like the song Freedom says, someone WILL guide you into the Universe, you are NEVER 'alone'.

Bob... Angel Ninja