Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ceres : Haulani Crater / Quarry? Gigapan included ...
Hello All, 

Just a quick thread really to get a few opinions on this Mosaic I have put together of Haulani Crater on Ceres, 

http://www.gigapan.com/gigapans/209577

Personally I think it looks quarried or open cast mined in a few areas / craters - which makes sense, less surface to wade through and a glimpse into the mineral content without lifting a finger.. 

I put this together using 57 .Img files converted through MultiSpec and stitched using Microsfort ICE - there are a few stitch errors / duplications my apologies. 

What are your thoughts opinions / even critique about the image ?  All feedback is welcome (I'm thick skinned  Cry ) 

Neal
I didn't see any evidence of mining,
but your mosaic was interesting.
At almost exactly 3 oclock on the crater rim there is an unusual bulge or harder material outcrop,
leading down into the crater floor below.
A more resilient section of crater wall.
(07-14-2018, 02:33 AM)Vianova Wrote: ...
I didn't see any evidence of mining,
but your mosaic was interesting.
At almost exactly 3 oclock on the crater rim there is an unusual bulge or harder material outcrop,
leading down into the crater floor below.
A more resilient section of crater wall.

Many thanks for your honest and open answer - I'm glad (open cast mine or not) you found the image Interesting enough to have a look through. 

I shall have a look at the crater wall as you described and just be a tad more sceptical in my approach to what I'm seeing. 

Cheers Vianova - I still feel a little under educated and perhaps unable to offer anything insightful as yet - I have so much to read and gain more background on, the amount pdf's and web refrences I have to go through is growing at an exponential rate!! I could really do with a 36 hour day for a year or so to give me half a chance of replying in a way that doesn't scope me out as a neanderthal with a PC lol  Spacecraft
Excellent gigapan of Europa surface ... an unusual form almost dead center,
emerging like a breakthrough surge of semi frozen slush that then froze,
right in the middle of the large frozen river flow like surface feature seen linearly horizontal across the center,
by terra from mars

http://www.gigapan.com/gigapans/211831?f...xtuy8watwY

sometimes you have to click twice for download