Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ceres : Haulani Crater / Quarry? Gigapan included ...
Hello All, 

Just a quick thread really to get a few opinions on this Mosaic I have put together of Haulani Crater on Ceres, 

http://www.gigapan.com/gigapans/209577

Personally I think it looks quarried or open cast mined in a few areas / craters - which makes sense, less surface to wade through and a glimpse into the mineral content without lifting a finger.. 

I put this together using 57 .Img files converted through MultiSpec and stitched using Microsfort ICE - there are a few stitch errors / duplications my apologies. 

What are your thoughts opinions / even critique about the image ?  All feedback is welcome (I'm thick skinned  Cry ) 

Neal
I didn't see any evidence of mining,
but your mosaic was interesting.
At almost exactly 3 oclock on the crater rim there is an unusual bulge or harder material outcrop,
leading down into the crater floor below.
A more resilient section of crater wall.
(07-14-2018, 02:33 AM)Vianova Wrote: ...
I didn't see any evidence of mining,
but your mosaic was interesting.
At almost exactly 3 oclock on the crater rim there is an unusual bulge or harder material outcrop,
leading down into the crater floor below.
A more resilient section of crater wall.

Many thanks for your honest and open answer - I'm glad (open cast mine or not) you found the image Interesting enough to have a look through. 

I shall have a look at the crater wall as you described and just be a tad more sceptical in my approach to what I'm seeing. 

Cheers Vianova - I still feel a little under educated and perhaps unable to offer anything insightful as yet - I have so much to read and gain more background on, the amount pdf's and web refrences I have to go through is growing at an exponential rate!! I could really do with a 36 hour day for a year or so to give me half a chance of replying in a way that doesn't scope me out as a neanderthal with a PC lol  Spacecraft