Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lock-in movies
Alrighty then,
My wife doesn't come here so I can talk freely.

I hate Hallmark! Was there ever a dose of pablum invented that is so tailor made to turn the mind to mush?
I thought their run of the mill romance shows were bad, but they have nothing at all on the 'Christmas Specials'. A Hallmark 'Christmas Special' is just one of their standard romance shows with Christmas props.

Many years ago there was a commercial on TV with a large Russian woman in military uniform as a master of ceremonies at a Soviet fashion show.
This woman would announce a fashion for 'Evening Wear'. Another large Russian woman wearing a very plain dress, and typical peasant headscarf but sporting a big heavy flashlight would step out on stage pointing the light in different directions as tho she were a guard looking for something to machine gun. Again the uniformed woman would announce "Swimwear", and the same woman wearing the exact same garb would come on to the runway holding a Beach ball.
And so it would go with each so-called fashion being exactly the same with different props for whatever occasion to highlight the lack of choice in Russian fashions available. It really was kinda funny.

Here's the point. I have always loved the old Christmas classics like 'Miracle On 34th Street', 'It's A Wonderful Life', and 'The Bishop's Wife'. The key that made those movies great was that all have a little taste of magic in them. And that is what Christmas is kinda all about. Those all had a little romance woven into the story lines as well, but two had Angels as a main part and of course one had Santa himself. Probably the best Santa in film ever!
Hey! Give me a good script, good actors, a good story line and a director who knows his craft, and you've got a winner. I'm afraid all those Hallmark fans are getting cheated, and I'm bitching about it 'cause I'm locked in with it...Groan!
RANT OVER!
BTW: I'm counting on EA to back me on this!
So, the words Autumn and Fall are not to be capitalized?
They are in my world!

What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done; and there is nothing new under the sun.
Is there a thing of which it is said, "See, this is new?"It has been already, in the ages before us. Ecc 1: 9-10
I gave up on movies/TV long long ago far far away.
Fiction seems lack-luster lately.
Fact unscripted I personally know a hallmark manager and she is an excellent person and heroic mom.
If Hallmark channels positive memes as a card company I certainly hope their video format/channel is also benign.

I am not cooped up with the ol' lady, actually I'm out and about and work six days a week and rest on Sunday.
I don't usually let the public get close to me as a default personal measure so that part is already played.
As far as scripts go ,I leave that to my brother. He's in talks with Rhymes with Arrow Lee Anne Rhymes' grammy award winning producer and Enderby on a 'Sunny' project that we all hope will bring light to the world and shine rays of enjoyment on parents and youth alike. 

I have never NOT celebrated x-mas/easter and all that fsb and prefer classic hollywood to the cgi worlds thrown at us today.
in order for me to watch a hallmark movie with the mother of my children you'd have to sedate me or brainwash me. lol.
I mean,I am content with finding or making my own content.

My advice since you mentioned?
That script you were considering working on...? recall? 

Now is the time to dust it off and complete the work.

My brother used to bread chicken(a.k.a. akin to: "flip burgers") @ KFC and NOW he writes movie scripts.

When isolated...DON't watch stephen king Naughty the shining.

Distance yourself from that Lib-Tard.

Instead of nickleson try a better psycho.

Bruce Dern LilD

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5B...00_AL_.jpg
Along the vines of the Vineyard.
With a forked tongue the snake singsss...
I do watch (Every year) the classic Christmas movies, but the rest of my Library of DVDs is really limited.
I do have the Box set of Downton Abby, plus the movie. I do have the A&E set of Pride and Predudice. 'Upstairs Downstairs', Jeeves and Wooster. Fellowship of the Ring is the last of the box sets.....But
After that comes Casablanca
Bogart's Sahara
Heston's Ten Commandments
Heston's Ben Hur
Hestons's El Cid
Kelly's Heroes
Where Eagles Dare
Battle ground
The Dirty Dozen
A Walk in the Sun
The Blue Max (Outstanding flying combat scenes)
Zulu
The Vikings (Curtis and Douglas)
The Thing (Original)
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (Original)
Portrait of Jenny
Arsenic and Old Lace
I want 'Harvey'

Just bought the wife 'The Sound of Music'
So you see, if it isn't at least twenty years old, I probably don't have it except Downton Abby. I am that much of an old Fudd!
They are in my world!

What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done; and there is nothing new under the sun.
Is there a thing of which it is said, "See, this is new?"It has been already, in the ages before us. Ecc 1: 9-10
(04-01-2020, 01:29 PM)Fsbirdhouse Wrote: I do watch (Every year) the classic Christmas movies, but the rest of my Library of DVDs is really limited.
I do have the Box set of Downton Abby, plus the movie. I do have the A&E set of Pride and Predudice. 'Upstairs Downstairs', Jeeves and Wooster. Fellowship of the Ring is the last of the box sets.....But

Holycowsmile nice improv manifest!

Recall:
Quote:... and all that fsb and prefer classic hollywood to the cgi worlds thrown at us today.

Alrighty then,

APRIL 1, 2020
Golden age of Hollywood was not so golden for women
....But

[Image: goldenageofh.jpg]Casablanca (1942) had a male director, male producer, three male screenwriters, and seven featured male actors. Credit: Bill Gold
The Golden Age of Hollywood is known for its glitz, glamour and classic movies. Northwestern University researchers have peeled back the gilded sheen to reveal an industry tarnished by severe gender inequity. Ninja   Don't let the wife read this or she might toss those classics out lol!!!
By analyzing a century of data (1910 to 2010) in the American Film Institute Archive and the Internet Movie Database (IMDb), the researchers found that female representation in the film industry hit an all-time low during the so-called Golden Age. Women representation in the industry still is struggling to recover today.
"A lot of people view this era through rose-colored glasses because Hollywood was producing so many great movies," said Northwestern's Luís Amaral, who led the study. "They argue that types of movies being made—such as Westerns, action and crime—caused the decrease in female representation. But we found the decrease occurred across all genres, including musicals, comedy, fantasy and romance."
The study will be published on April 1 in the journal PLOS ONE.
Amaral is the Erastus Otis Haven Professor of Chemical and Biological Engineering in Northwestern's McCormick School of Engineering.

[Image: shiningaspot.jpg]
Historical trends of gender imbalance in the U.S. movie industry. Credit: Amaral et al, PLOS ONE 2020 (CC BY)
[b]Consistent findings across all genres and jobs[/b]
To conduct the study, Amaral and his team analyzed 26,000 movies produced between 1910 and 2010.
The team looked across all genres—action, adventure, biography, comedy, crime, drama, documentary family, fantasy, film-noir, history, horror, music, musical, mystery, romance, sci-fi, sport, thriller, war, Western and short—to measure how many women worked as actors, screenwriters, directors and producers.
Across all genres and all four job types, the resulting graphs form the exact same "U-shape" pattern. Roles for women increased from 1910 to 1920 and then sharply dropped. Around 1950, the roles steadily increase until 2010.
"In general, we found that the percentage of women compared to men in any role was consistently below 50% for all years from 1912 until now," said study coauthor Murielle Dunand, a former intern in Amaral's laboratory and current student at Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

[b]'Men hire men'[/b]
Amaral said his findings reflect what was happening in the film industry.
Before Hollywood's Golden Age, the industry was fueled by independent filmmakers, and women participation was steadily increasing. From 1910 to 1920, according to Amaral's data, women actors comprised roughly 40% of casts. Women wrote 20% of movies, produced 12% and directed 5%. By 1930, acting roles for women were cut in half; producing and directing roles hit close to zero.
Amaral and Dunand said the data suggest that the studio system, which emerged between 1915 and 1920, is most likely responsible for the shift. The industry condensed from a somewhat diverse collection of independent filmmakers scattered across the country to just five studios (Warner Bros., Paramount, MGM, Fox and RKO Pictures), which controlled everything.
"As the studio system falls under the control of a small group of men, women are receiving fewer and fewer jobs," Amaral said. "It looks like male producers hire male directors and male writers. This is association, not causation, but the data is very suggestive."
[b]Women improve conditions for other women[/b]
Then, two groundbreaking lawsuits caused the studio system to break apart. First, Oscar-nominated actor Olivia de Havilland, who had an exclusive contract with Warner Bros., sued the studio in 1943 to be freed from her contract and won. In 1948, the U.S. federal government sued Paramount Pictures in an antitrust case. At the time, movie studios owned their own theaters and distributed their own movies. When Paramount lost, studios could no longer exclusively produce, distribute and exhibit their films.
"These legal changes took the power away from a handful of men and gave more people the power to start changing the industry," Amaral said. "There is a connection between increased concentration of power and decreased participation of women."
Among the insights hidden in the data, Amaral found that women producers tend to hire greater proportions of women to work in their films.
"Producers affect the gender of the director," he said. "Women with power in Hollywood are making conditions better for other women."

Arrow "Producers affect the gender of the director," he said. "Women with power in Hollywood are making conditions better for other women."
That last sentence is like a 'life sentence' that you must do hallmark time
  Cry 

[Image: D6SLTclUYAAMhlx.jpg]
Explore further
Celluloid Ceiling study finds women still largely underrepresented in Hollywood
[Image: D6SLTcnUYAAhmFf.jpg] kill me...

[Image: D6SLTckV4AAqNZW.jpg] ...please.
[b]More information:[/b] Amaral LAN, Moreira JAG, Dunand ML, Tejedor Navarro H, Lee HA (2020) Long-term patterns of gender imbalance in an industry without ability or level of interest differences. PLoS ONE 15(4): e0229662. doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0229662
[b]Journal information:[/b] PLoS ONE [/url]
[Image: D6SLTckU8AEvMxd.jpg] before itz too late.
Provided by 
Northwestern University

https://phys.org/news/2020-04-golden-age-hollywood-women.html

[url=https://phys.org/news/2020-04-golden-age-hollywood-women.html]
(04-01-2020, 09:40 PM)EA Wrote:
(04-01-2020, 01:29 PM)Fsbirdhouse Wrote: I do watch (Every year) the classic Christmas movies, but the rest of my Library of DVDs is really limited.

Holycowsmile nice improv manifest!

Recall:
Quote:... and all that fsb and prefer classic hollywood to the cgi worlds thrown at us today.

Alrighty then,

APRIL 1, 2020
Golden age of Hollywood was not so golden for women
....But

[Image: goldenageofh.jpg]Casablanca (1942) had a male director, male producer, three male screenwriters, and seven featured male actors. Credit: Bill Gold
The Golden Age of Hollywood is known for its glitz, glamour and classic movies. Northwestern University researchers have peeled back the gilded sheen to reveal an industry tarnished by severe gender inequity. Ninja   Don't let the wife read this or she might toss those classics out lol!!!
By analyzing a century of data (1910 to 2010) in the American Film Institute Archive and the Internet Movie Database (IMDb), the researchers found that female representation in the film industry hit an all-time low during the so-called Golden Age. Women representation in the industry still is struggling to recover today.
"A lot of people view this era through rose-colored glasses because Hollywood was producing so many great movies," said Northwestern's Luís Amaral, who led the study. "They argue that types of movies being made—such as Westerns, action and crime—caused the decrease in female representation. But we found the decrease occurred across all genres, including musicals, comedy, fantasy and romance."
The study will be published on April 1 in the journal PLOS ONE.
Amaral is the Erastus Otis Haven Professor of Chemical and Biological Engineering in Northwestern's McCormick School of Engineering.

[Image: shiningaspot.jpg]
Historical trends of gender imbalance in the U.S. movie industry. Credit: Amaral et al, PLOS ONE 2020 (CC BY)
[b]Consistent findings across all genres and jobs[/b]
To conduct the study, Amaral and his team analyzed 26,000 movies produced between 1910 and 2010.
The team looked across all genres—action, adventure, biography, comedy, crime, drama, documentary family, fantasy, film-noir, history, horror, music, musical, mystery, romance, sci-fi, sport, thriller, war, Western and short—to measure how many women worked as actors, screenwriters, directors and producers.
Across all genres and all four job types, the resulting graphs form the exact same "U-shape" pattern. Roles for women increased from 1910 to 1920 and then sharply dropped. Around 1950, the roles steadily increase until 2010.
"In general, we found that the percentage of women compared to men in any role was consistently below 50% for all years from 1912 until now," said study coauthor Murielle Dunand, a former intern in Amaral's laboratory and current student at Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

[b]'Men hire men'[/b]
Amaral said his findings reflect what was happening in the film industry.
Before Hollywood's Golden Age, the industry was fueled by independent filmmakers, and women participation was steadily increasing. From 1910 to 1920, according to Amaral's data, women actors comprised roughly 40% of casts. Women wrote 20% of movies, produced 12% and directed 5%. By 1930, acting roles for women were cut in half; producing and directing roles hit close to zero.
Amaral and Dunand said the data suggest that the studio system, which emerged between 1915 and 1920, is most likely responsible for the shift. The industry condensed from a somewhat diverse collection of independent filmmakers scattered across the country to just five studios (Warner Bros., Paramount, MGM, Fox and RKO Pictures), which controlled everything.
"As the studio system falls under the control of a small group of men, women are receiving fewer and fewer jobs," Amaral said. "It looks like male producers hire male directors and male writers. This is association, not causation, but the data is very suggestive."
[b]Women improve conditions for other women[/b]
Then, two groundbreaking lawsuits caused the studio system to break apart. First, Oscar-nominated actor Olivia de Havilland, who had an exclusive contract with Warner Bros., sued the studio in 1943 to be freed from her contract and won. In 1948, the U.S. federal government sued Paramount Pictures in an antitrust case. At the time, movie studios owned their own theaters and distributed their own movies. When Paramount lost, studios could no longer exclusively produce, distribute and exhibit their films.
"These legal changes took the power away from a handful of men and gave more people the power to start changing the industry," Amaral said. "There is a connection between increased concentration of power and decreased participation of women."
Among the insights hidden in the data, Amaral found that women producers tend to hire greater proportions of women to work in their films.
"Producers affect the gender of the director," he said. "Women with power in Hollywood are making conditions better for other women."

Arrow "Producers affect the gender of the director," he said. "Women with power in Hollywood are making conditions better for other women."
That last sentence is like a 'life sentence' that you must do hallmark time
  Cry 

[Image: D6SLTclUYAAMhlx.jpg]
Explore further
Celluloid Ceiling study finds women still largely underrepresented in Hollywood
[Image: D6SLTcnUYAAhmFf.jpg] kill me...

[Image: D6SLTckV4AAqNZW.jpg] ...please.
[b]More information:[/b] Amaral LAN, Moreira JAG, Dunand ML, Tejedor Navarro H, Lee HA (2020) Long-term patterns of gender imbalance in an industry without ability or level of interest differences. PLoS ONE 15(4): e0229662. doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0229662
[b]Journal information:[/b] PLoS ONE [/url]
[Image: D6SLTckU8AEvMxd.jpg] before itz too late.
Provided by 
Northwestern University

https://phys.org/news/2020-04-golden-age-hollywood-women.html

[url=https://phys.org/news/2020-04-golden-age-hollywood-women.html]
I guess I am just a Neanderthal. I guess I don't see women very much lacking in any genra except War movies. Neither did most women until of late. Now everybody has a bitch about what they see as a slight in just about anything you can imagine. I don't care
They are in my world!

Anyone over 50 ain't gonna change...they'll have to bitch until we die out and get replaced by soy-boys. Doh
Is Downton Abbey any good? I have never watched it.

My favorite Films, or TV Series, anything Science-Fiction, Star Trek being my favourite, then Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica (reboot) or Stargate.
I was surprised that my TV package included HBO,
and decided to watch 
Westworld
season 1

season 1 is very good, and on a rainy miserable day I watched all ten episodes,
while doing house chores and 3 hours of very slow exercise routine,
mainly stretching and push ups.

It is an interesting study in relation to the current bizarre reality of coronavirus, 
especially when season 2 starts with the manufactured "hosts" Whip
suddenly reprogrammed with real life capabilities of killing people at the "game park".
The first episode of season 2 is very good.

I have watched 4 episodes of season 2 ... and it already has elements of story line being stretched,
to just create a second season. 

But season 1 is well worth watching.
Quote:My advice since you mentioned?
That script you were considering working on...? recall? 

Now is the time to dust it off and complete the work.

Money where my snake-oil y'all is for free.
eye am taking my own vice...lol!

By fsb,
This was said in another thread.

Quote:#15
Tuesday, March 31st, 2020, 08:23 pm

A common people, separated only by a common border....Eh?

Using covid time for a possible production in 2022.

Just finished my first zoom teleconference with my siblings and we have initiated a project.

Sum-time in the not so future I hope one day you will enjoy an American Citizen's epic struggle to create his NATION in Canada.

A Visionary leader who helped define the western world as You Don't Know It!.

Until we show it.

Get ready my American friends.

You will never see a true story like this in your life that will leave you hanging in suspense.

Grant you not this.
RebelSmilie
When in Washington D.C. you'd better be three to see.

A visionary scope on the life of a conduit.

From an old wild west ... upon an introduced steed... rides A New Breed.

Running against time and place in a new race  of a new Race to be replaced by an iron horse steaming through history's course towards forever.

Now we are here.

If ever a movie that you will want to watch when the next pandemic hits recall: don't curl up in a nice warm blanket Naughty from the world's second oldest trading company still in bizz-nazz.( The Hudson's Bay Co.(HBC))

When you see this story.
It picks up write,right,rite where George Washington left off.
Quote:#15A common people, separated only by a common border....Eh? 

From America to this 'pile'o-bones where a Martyr made history and a people were called by others:

“the people who own themselves.” 
[Image: 49741329857_2ea9b5c770_w.jpg]

Never forget this face. An American Bad-Ass called upon by his people.

[Image: 49740304778_74b65ec8da_k.jpg]

I just started a photogrammetry project to grid reference our heroes physical  characteristics to render an accurate wire-frame.

Nero fiddled while Rome burned.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Riel
Around these here parts...fiddels made you dance over the cross.while a  culture emerged.
[Image: 49740424598_8ae4fa5425_n.jpg]
The beginning of an infinite ending...

Watch for it.

Sang Riel.
[Image: united-states-america-usa-map-anglo-meti...263673.jpg]
Arrow The Bad Boy @ D.C.

Putting the 'pile-o' bones on da map.
earlier I recommended Westworld TV series.
the first year is good.
Not recommended thereafter unless you are bored.

Thinking on older movies,
I always like Sci Fi.
If you have not watched it in ten years,
District 9
is a fun movie.

Current movies --- one surprised me as quite good.
The Missing - a western.
very good IMO.
Das Boot
Stalingrad
The Battle of Neretva (several edited versions)
Starship Troopers
Dune (original)
Eraserhead
Night of The Living Dead
The Cross of Iron
The Red Rose of Normandy
The Terror of Tinytown
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Combat TV series
UFO TV series
Outer Limits TV series
The Silent Service TV series