Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Pandemic Hysteria Du Jour- The Pharma Terror Chronicles

in depth article

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/alzh...lood-brain
Alzheimer’s protein can travel from blood to build up in the brain

first quote is the scientific disclaimer

Quote:The experiments don’t suggest Hmm2
that people could contract Alzheimer’s from another person’s blood. 

“The bottom line is that this study is thought-provoking but shouldn’t cause alarm,” 
says neurologist John Collinge of University College London. 
“There really isn’t any evidence that you can transmit Alzheimer’s disease by blood transfusion.”

The brains of mice mutated to produce large amounts of amyloid-beta developed plaques 
(arrowheads, right). 
Mice that shared blood with these mutant mice 
also had plaques (middle), 
while control mice did not (left).

[Image: 110217_LS_alzheimers_inline_730.jpg]

Quote:The results don’t mean that Alzheimer’s is predominantly caused by factors in the blood. 
“We still think of Alzheimer’s as a brain disorder,” Song says. 
But factors in the blood, 
in some cases, might have the power to nudge the disease along, the results suggest.

psycho science

Quote:To test this, researchers used a form of extreme blood-sharing in the experiment. 
Six pairs of mice — 
with one mouse engineered to produce gobs of human A-beta and one normal — 
were surgically joined for a year, 
causing blood mingling that’s far more extensive than that of a blood transfusion.

Note the labor in the article that they put into stressing that blood transfusions,
don't prionic spread brain disease.
That alone makes me suspicious.

much more at the link
http://www.collective-evolution.com/2015...g-up-dead/

Recently, we reported on a story involving some holistic or alternatives doctors being found dead or murdered. The article can be found here. 

What if it was actually possible to cure ourselves of illnesses with nothing more than our body’s own natural mechanisms? How threatening would that be to big pharma companies and researchers? Literally a whole industry could very well collapse.

GcMAF (Glycoprotein Macrophage Activating Factor) is a protein made by our body and is pretty much the ‘director’ of our immune system. Our immune system is our bodies defence system against viruses and other pathogens. As healthy persons we all produce thousands of cancer cells every day.

Think about it, we are all in constant contact with so many different surfaces and substances, that usually have been touched, held, passed, excreted, or felt by another or many living beings. Viruses and bacteria can easily find their way inside our bodies. In a sense, cancer is much more present to us than we think. But because we have a protein called GcMAF those cancer cells are destroyed every day. It activates our bodies macrophages, which are cells originating from monocytes, a type of white blood cell. It would make sense then for the immune system of a healthy person to be robust and strong, given how often we are exposed to such dangers.

If we’re stressed out or anxious about something, however, our immune efficiency is greatly compromised, making it much easier for a virus or disease to successfully attack.  When this happens, a protein called Nagalease is sent out which blocks our GcMAF. The result is usually illness.
Never invite a Yoda to a frog leg dinner.
Go ahead invite Yoda to a Frog leg dinner
We ALREADY KNEW how to CURE any and I do mean ANY disease our body has with Cannabis Oil:

https://mycommonsenseparty.com/2016-vide...-story.mp4

No wonder Big Pharma; FDA; and the rest of the Elite Swamp Gators are killing others rather than running away.

Bob... Ninja Assimilated
"The Light" - Jefferson Starship-Windows of Heaven Album
I'm an Earthling with a Martian Soul wanting to go Home.   
You have to turn your own lightbulb on. ©stevo25 & rhw007
The Two Scientists Who Failed With Agent Orange Now Hold Top Positions Governing Vaccine Safety
Posted on  February 27, 2018Author GOV'T SLAVES 0
When historians write about the Vaccine Decades (1976–2020), there are two names that will live in infamy: Dr. Frank DeStefano, and Dr. Coleen Boyle.
Why Are the Same People Who Failed at Science on Agent Orange in Charge of Vaccine Safety and Developmental Disorders at the CDC?
In the 1980s, Congress mandated Agent Orange studies. Frank and Coleen ended the studies two years early, insuring that “no link” would be found between illnesses being reported by injured veterans and dioxin. The early termination of the study allowed the US Department of Veterans Affairs to deny any connection between Agent Orange and medical problems, preventing veterans and their families from qualifying for compensations. Here’s your hurt, what’s your hurry. The Boyle/Destefano team bamboozle was outed by Admiral Zumwalt who went to the President and laid out the science in a classified report (now declassified):
Without exception, the experts who reviewed the work of the Advisory Committee disagreed with its findings and further questioned the validity of the Advisory Committee’s review of studies on non — Hodgkin’s lymphomas .
a decision which should have been based on scientific data was reduced to vague impressions”
[One impartial review team’s results were] “a stunning indictment of the Advisory Committee’s scientific interpretation and policy judgments”
“1987 Followup Examination Results,” described statistically significant increases in health problems among Ranch Handers including all cancers
The work of the Veterans’ Advisory Committee on Environmental Hazards, as documented in their November 2, 1989 transcript, has little or no scientific merit, and should not serve as a basis for compensation or regulatory decisions of any sort.
the Air Force could just as easily have concluded that the health problems associated with the Ranch Handers were not necessarily related to eating beer nuts.
Shamefully, the deception, fraud and political interference that has characterized government sponsored studies on the health effects of exposure to Agent Orange and/or dioxin has not escaped studies ostensibly conducted by independent reviewers, a factor that has only further compounded the erroneous conclusions reached by the government.
The Zumwalt report concluded:
[Image: admiral-zumwalt.jpg]It can, in my judgment, be concluded, with a very high degree of confidence, that it is at least as likely as not that the following are caused in humans by exposure to TCDD: non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, chloracne and other skin disorders, lip cancer, bone cancer, soft tissue sarcoma, birth defects, skin cancer, lung cancer, porphyria cutanea tarda and other liver disorders, Hodgkin’s disease, hematopoietic diseases, multiple myeloma, neurological defects and auto-immune diseases and disorders.
In addition, I am most comfortable in concluding that it is at least as likely as not that liver cancer, nasal/pharyngeal/esophageal cancers, leukemia, malignant melanoma, kidney cancer, testicular cancer, pancreatic cancer, stomach cancer, prostate cancer, colon cancer, brain cancer, psychosocial effects, and gastrointestinal disease are service– connected..
President Clinton called Admiral Zumwalt “the conscience of the US Navy”. In fact, Zumwalt’s report is used by veterans seeking compensation. Zumwalt’s son was exposed to Agent Orange and died of lymphoma in 1988.
Boyle and Destefano’s Role in Agent Orange Pseudoscience
The CDC study (which lists no authors) that was published did not study any specific mechanism by which Agent Orange might have caused health issues in veterans. Instead, it studied dioxin levels in Vietnam veterans compared to non-Vietnam veterans. The 646 Vietnam veterans studied by CDC who all served in units that were most likely exposed, did not have elevated levels of dioxin as compared to non-Vietnam veterans. This retrospective study seeking differences of levels of dioxin nearly two decades after exposure is a type of epidemiologic study with only a long shot at success. The aims of the study were to determine whether military records could be “used to identify US Army Vietnam veterans who were likely to be exposed to the herbicide Agent Orange”.
Dioxin is stored in fat. The study measured dioxin levels in serum. Given the CDC’s failure to detect evidence for increased exposed in the 1980s, the ill-posed study was initially used as justification for no further science on the possible effects of exposure.
The analysis and conclusions were also blasted by a Congressional Report:
Human Resources and Intergovernmental Relations Subcommittee, US House of Representatives: The Agent Orange Cover-up: A Case of Flawed Science and Political Manipulation. 101st Congress, 2d Session, House Report №101–672. Washington, DC: Govt Printing Office, 1990.
What else has the Destefano/Boyle team failed to detect?
Under their watch, studies conducted ostensibly to test the hypothesis of a link between vaccines and autism have consistently failed to detect any association. Are they competent enough, given the debacle of their failed study in 1988, to run the hopefully entitled “Immunization Safety Office” (which ignores the differences between Vaccination and Immunization) and the “National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities”?
It is my professional opinion that no, neither of these individuals is sufficiently competent to be involved in vaccine safety science and interpretation of studies.
Further, it is my professional opinion that both are guilty of intentional and scientific fraud, perpetuated repeatedly and consistently, to hide the association between vaccines and neurodevelopmental disorders.
(1) Boyle informed Congress that no studies have been conducted that compares the rates of autism in vaccinated and unvaccinated Americans. Yet the CDC website clearly reads “Vaccines Do Not Cause Autism”. How could any competent scientist make such as stunning conclusion when the science required to answer the question has not been conducted?
[Image: colleen-boyle-testifying.jpg]
Dr. Coleen Boyle testified to Congress that no science exists that shows vaccines do not cause autism, yet the CDC website still proclaims that “Vaccines Do Not Cause Autism”.
(2) Destefano removed results showing increased risk of autism from on-time MMR prior to presenting to the Institutes of Medicine, and prior to publishing the fraudulent study known as “Destefano et al., 2004”. Two subgroups are missing: African American boys, and isolated autism. The latter group had increased risk, included boys and girls from any race, who had no other conditions other than autism. That means “anyone”.
[Image: dr-william-thompson-i-was-complicit.jpg]
Dr. William Thompson confessed his role in allowing false reports to be published both in audio recordings to Dr. Brian Hooker, and in statements from his lawyers. He was put on leave after reporting his concerns to then CDC Director Julie Gerberding, who put him on suspension for breaking rank. Dr. Walter Orenstein is also implicated in the cover-ups. See vaxxedthemovie.com and youtube.com/watch?v=hlxdWfTLHH0
(3) Boyle personally attempted to reconfigure the study design of that same study in an attempt to make the association of on-time MMR and autism go away. The team played with study design after knowing the increased risk of autism had been found, which is not allowed in objective research. They worked very hard to attempt to make the association go away. They play games with birth certificates, and age-group definitions. Nothing worked. So they simply removed the results:
[Image: study-design-colleen-boyle.jpg]
(4) DeStefano admitted to journalist Sharyl Attkisson that (a) they removed the results because they did not believe them, and (b) that vaccines may be responsible for autism in susceptible individuals (See Sharyl Attkisson’s capture and hear the confession to her here).
[Image: frank-stefano.jpg]Dr. Frank DeStefano’s career exemplifies a list of failures to detect anything wrong with vaccines.
“I guess, that, that is a possibility,” said DeStefano. “It’s hard to predict who those children might be, but certainly, individual cases can be studied to look at those possibilities.”
(5) DeStefano has participated in other publications in which he outlines how association studies should be conducted. He says that covariates must be “corrected for”, and that finding covariates that cause associations between vaccination and adverse events to disappear after the association is first found and then lost due to such corrections somehow exonerates vaccines. This is poppycock. If birthweight, mother’s age, mother’s income, gestational age, etc. cause a loss of significance of vaccination status, the correct model selection procedure is to look for interactions between vaccines and the covariates — especially because they can be functionally related to adverse events from vaccines. If the interaction terms are significant (which could easily be, given that mother’s income, age, gestational age and birthweight may all correlate to nutritional status), the result is pointing to covariates that make vaccination an increased risk. This is elementary linear modeling, and any studies that “correct for” covariates without also studying, and reporting, the interaction terms is hiding the effects of vaccines interacting with other variables.
Besides Autism, what else has the CDC Destefano/Boyle team failed to detect? It is outlined in this 1990 Congressional Report: The Agent Orange Cover-up: A Case of Flawed Science and Political Manipulation.
Given these realities, and the fact that this and other equally damning information has been available for at least three years, it simply is unconscionable that Destefano and Boyle remain in their positions at the CDC. We cannot have incompetent individuals unable to conduct and properly interpret science standing in the way of helping America deal with the explosion of neurodevelopmental disorders — and the full suite of consequences currently being experienced in schools and homes all around the country.
Cowardice at CDC is Not Leadership with Accountability
These people are not only incompetent. They are cowards. Here, we learn from Dr. Thompson that Coleen Boyle refused to ever testify to Congress again. CDC abdicated its responsibility to accountability for their policies:
(recorded May 24, 2014) Page 25 —
Dr. Thompson: Well let me tell you something really interesting I learned about this week so in the midst of this. Ya know, I was yelling at Marshalyn this week, I mean, Marshalyn and I were . . . WHOOOO! I was, it was suggested I resign, and um it’s like that type of stuff going on right now. The whole place is a big pressure cooker . . . So I don’t know if you know this. The CDC was invited to testify (before Congress) and they declined, so this is . . .
Dr. Hooker: Really?
Dr. Thompson: Yeah, and Marshalyn said she’s been offered to testify and said she won’t. Coleen (Boyle) said she’s been offered to testify and Coleen said that she would never go and testify again.
May 20, 2014 — the hearing which Thompson is talking about and Boyle and CDC declined to attend:
Examining the Federal Response to Autism Spectrum Disorders (5/20/2014)
The rate of ASDs is now 1 in 36. Frank, Coleen, you can stop the denialism. It’s over. And you can help America. How? Please resign, and in your letters of resignation, provide a full confession, like Dr. William Thompson has, and let someone capable try to clean up the mess you’ve made.
Vaccines can cause autism in some people, and, from the looks of things, in many people, and you know it. You failed to adjust the schedule, or offer meaningful public health advice in terms of vaccine safety. Your deeds are having profound effects on society, which are difficult to grasp:
  • Half of children have a mental illness in the US.
  • Teachers cannot teach children due to behavioral anomalies.
  • Violence in schools are causing special education teachers to quit in schools across the country.
  • Property taxes are going up as special education costs skyrocket.
  • Calm rooms are being built in schools, and wobble chairs to allow fidgeting.
  • Rates of schizophrenia are increasing among 20–30 year olds.
  • High levels of amyloid are found in the brains of kids with severe autism.
  • High levels of aluminum are found in people with autism.
  • Artificial immunization programs are failing as parents abandon them due to first-hand experience with neurological and immunological adverse events.
  • Exemptions to vaccine mandates are increasingly under fire.
There are desperate attempts ongoing now to convince the increasingly vaccine injured public that vaccine injuries are rare, to blame ASD on stress in the home, and most recently on alcohol use during pregnancy. Why now, all of sudden, can such association be detected? Where were these studies of environmental exposures conducted by CDC after 1988?
There were none. CDC (i.e., Boyle, Destefano) had a suspicious lack of curiosity of what DID cause autism. CDC convinced IOM to say that no more studies were needed.
Sound familiar?
CDC failed to detect association, and called for no more science. Just like Agent Orange.
Studies of genetics have revealed 850 genes associated with autism, but no single gene explains more than 1% of ASD. No studies have looked for genetic/vaccine interactions — and they must be conducted to fill in the gap. “No studies” does not mean “negative evidence.” It means “we need more science.”
The future is now. Vaccines can no longer be said to be “safe” and effective. Other science has progressed, independent of CDC, and the cat is out of the bag.
History will recall the names Destefano, Boyle, Orenstein, Gerberding — and Thompson. There are others. History has shown us that propaganda has never been successful in propping up a regime founded on fraud.
It’s time for Vaccine Safety Science Reform at the CDC, and across the United States.
First we need competence.
About the author: James Lyons-Weiler is the president and CEO of the Institute for Pure and Applied Knowledge, an advocacy group that pushes for accuracy and integrity in science and for biomedical researchers to put people’s health before profits. An established academic and researcher, he has a bachelor’s degree in biology, a master’s degree in zoology, a PhD in ecology, evolution, and conservation biology, and a postdoctoral in computational molecular biology; and he’s the author of Ebola: An Evolving Story and Cures vs. Profits.
 This article was reprinted with permission from the worldmercuryproject.org

http://govtslaves.info/2018/02/the-two-s...ne-safety/
I cannot take their f-ing vaccines.
I just don't trust them.
36% effective this year for old folks,
what's the use?
People all over the US took their flu vaccine and got the flu.
And the CDC is still pushing this vaccine that is 36% effective.
It is crazy.

I have managed to avoid getting sick like that for 3 years now.
But,
I just got this killer flu in the last three days, and I can hardly move about, 
been in bed most of the day.
Just hoping that I can avoid the lung infection which is usually secondary bacterial.

Also I beleive that rogue elements in the CDC and Pharma corporations,
simply spread flu viruses intentionally at this point, 
to force people to succumb to the vaccines and for the pharma corps to make money on flu products.
It is just too easy.
A simple aerisol spray on a few international flights, 
or targeted at elementary schools.

I was almost deathly ill today ... I am a little better tonight.
I have had chills running up and down my spine like race horses at the Kentuicky Derby for three days straight
So I may not be here at HM for a few days.
I still cannot trust those vaccines to use one in the future.
But this flu definitely proved to me why people die from flu,
especially if they get a secondary bacterial infection at the same time.

I am very healthy, in fantastic shape, I eat well and take good care of myself,
don't drink alcohol much -- one beer a night on average and only smoke weed -- no drugs.
and I thought at one point today,
that I might have a stroke.
So be careful.
Wife,Son and a week later Grandson...

Flu went through the household like wildfire.

I didn't gamble.

Bathroom bleach -sprayfoam has cracked my fingers but I haven't got the virus yet. Cry 

I don't trust that sanitizer handwash in certain instances.

so far... I ain't puking from both ends.
Along the vines of the Vineyard.
With a forked tongue the snake singsss...
I use 50 mg zinc pills to ward off colds
and it seems to also work against other germs.
From Old Hippies Forever:

[Image: the-flu-not-seasonal.jpg]

I agree with it.

Bob... Ninja Assimilated
"The Light" - Jefferson Starship-Windows of Heaven Album
I'm an Earthling with a Martian Soul wanting to go Home.   
You have to turn your own lightbulb on. ©stevo25 & rhw007
I have thought about coming here while this sick,
but just didn't even have the deisre to turn on the computer.
Since most of us here at HM are older now,
so we are even more susceptible to these - newer - deadly flu's.

I call these flu's "newer",
because the CDC vaccine failed -- with a 36% effectiveness rate.
It failed because the flu viruses are mutating as they pass through human hosts,
and thus the vaccine lots being manufactured are months behind the pace of viral mutation.
This rate of mutation over the next decade is only going to get worse as time goes on.
The mutation capability is also being transfered into bacterial infections from what I can determine.
Plasmidic exchange in the bacteria ... and bacteria with viruses piggy backing them.
IMO, this New-Flu is primarily a result of the last three decades of recombinant pathogenic viral research.
A lot of that was spawned in biowarfare labs,
most likely tested on the public- and military in particular -- 
under the guise of "forced health protection guidelines".

I must have gotten the worst flu of the strains out there.
So I wanted to just let you all know what you may be facing.
I made it through the last week? I don;t know how many days it has been,
Often, early on in this, I would just sit in a chair when I am awake,
and stare at the floor.
I am better than I was, there has been some improvement indeed but I am not confident.
Lucky that so far I haven't gotten the secondary bacterial lung infection,
that many have gotten along with this deadly shit.
I am awake longer during the day now, 
improving from a 6 hour awake day to an 11 hour awake day.

Don't let an improvement in this flu fool you <--- this is why I am writing all this.

Stay vigilant in not taking chances to exposure to secondary bacterial infections,
and don't be assuming that a brief improvement means you are coming out of the woods.
I had no choice some days, and had to go shopping for food etc.
I felt terrible that I was out in public stores with this flu ... I had no choice,
and I saw very old people in those stores ...
and there I was with the flu ... zombie shuffling about trying to get food and medicine.
I feel very guilty about that.

I pray that none of those really old people were exposed.
They won't make it, ... or they will be hospitalized for a month.

No question in this area,
it is mainly being spread from the schools into the general public,
then through the workplaces.
The kids are trapped like rats in the schools.
I saw one young kid maybe 18, sitting outside the main downtown Food Coop,
with 10-15 inch strings of snot hanging from his nose as he stared at the cement.
I will never walk in those doors again ... the downtown Food Coop,
is where all the local kids hang out,
and street people that are sick wander in to avoid the cold,
especially when they are sick.

This flu is very sneaky, you don't know if it is a flu or a hard cold coming on,
so you try to go about regular business just slower and more carefully.
Most hard flu I ever gotten hit me like a train wreck pretty fast.
This one doesn't, it builds slowly for 3 days and once it has you in it's full grip,
your life is in danger. It is very sticky ... dry .. hot ...snot.
I took Vick's Nyquil Nightime Cold Flu Relief tablets for first 3 nights.
they did dry it up.
I blew my sahre of blood scabs and blood from my nose for 3 days after that.
I was told I should use Mucinex instead.

The f-ing weather here was so warm in late January through most of Feb,
and then it just got miserable right with this flu.
The damp cold will just not let up. It really sucks to step outside in the dampness.

The flu has morphed somewhat now,
and the last 2 nights I have been up every 2 hours to down massive water.
I am drinking almost a gallon a night. <---
I awaken every two hours completely parched and have to down water.
I guess I am lucky that I can even drink water is what I am told. 
My bathroom is downstairs and I sleep upstairs,
and I cannot walk the steps all night to pee,
so I have a gallon plastic bottle here at night.
Last two mornings ... I have a full gallon bottle of pee to carry downstairs.
demoralizing
But hopefully with the fact that I am even writing to post this to you all,
may mean I am actually recovering now.

This is why people like teachers and nurses have to take the flu shot.
The exposure is constant and serious.

I had hoped to start another antique shop here in town some day ...
ain;t gonna happen ... people visit while sick all the time.
Now it is a matter of liquidating the last of the blue chip merch at auction,
and finding a niche somehwere to avoid the impending global pandemic.

All those Hollywood movies about global pandemic ... something like that is inevitable.
Pandemic Zombies will be dropping dead on the streets some day.
I fully expect to see Ebola in the US or Europe in the coming years.
A mutant strain of flu like the WW1 bird flu is inevitable.
Prepare yourselves,
it isn't Hollywood or Dorothy's Kansas anymore ... it is mainstream pandemic America.
Yesterday a baby 9 months old died at the ER.
One guy we know who was living under the Nugents Corner Bridge ... he caught it,
came into town to recover for a few weeks,
and thought he was fully recovered -- out of the woods -- thought he had beat it,
went back to his camp,
and they found him dead there 3 days later.

I still do not want to take their goddam flu shots.
We are all really CDC sheep after all.
Their science is failing,
and their science is corrupt and controlled by pharmaceutical corporations.

Sorry to be so negative,
but just to let you know,
when I am healthy ... at the age of 62 ... I can run 2 miles up steep mountain trails.
I do push ups and pull ups all the time.
I hike packloads of jade weighing 100 pounds out of steep canyons.

Healthy will help you,
but it is what happens in relation to how you take care of yourself,
and 
exposure to secondary bacterial lung infection in tandem with the flu.
So be careful,
and that is my assessment of the current situation.
Don't feel sorry for me, feel sorry for yourself if you catch it,
just take care of yourselves because this flu is very very strange.
I have had lots of flu over the lifetime, but never had something quite like this.
This is the New-Flu.
Courtesy of the early 21st century, and all the recombinant viral research of the last 50 years. 

I will try and rejoin the forum tonight, or soon, but it may still be a few days.
Don't respond to this post, just let people read it.

he knocks wood .
https://www.troab.com/worlds-first-bioni...two-years/
Bionic Kidney is really interesting.

Cordyceps is good for kidney problems

https://www.pacificcollege.edu/news/blog...-mushrooms

What are the most useful medicinal mushrooms in clinical practice?
The most useful and unique are Ganoderma (ling zhi), 
Turkey Tail (Coriolus, yun zhi), 
and 
Cordyceps (dong chong xia cao).

Ganoderma
Scientific Name: Ganoderma lucidum
Chinese Name: Ling zhi

Cordyceps
Scientific Name: Cordyceps sinensis
Chinese Name: Dong chong xia cao
Clinically Effective Dosage: 2-4g/day of extract in pill form

Cordyceps is also known as caterpillar fungus. The traditional preparation of this fungus, 
which is grown on the larvae of caterpillars and is considered endangered, 
currently costs thousands of dollars per kilogram. 
Chinese farmers have cultivated this fungus on silkworm and purple corn. 
Products are made by selecting microorganisms from Cordyceps 
and concentrating them in the laboratory. 
Cordyceps enters the liver and kidney meridians and is widely used in Asia to treat immune disorders, 
heart disease, erectile dysfunction, 
asthma, chronic fatigue, 
and diminished kidney function.

Turkey Tail
Scientific Name: Coriolus versicolor
Chinese Name: Yun zhi

Cordyceps  --  grown on the larvae of caterpillars
[Image: c%20sinensis-stroke.jpg]
The latest Ebola outbreak --- made 1 day of news last week.
That is because it is a vaccine test ... and international news doesn't care,
unless suddenly hundreds are dying.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/...e-55152450
Congo approves use of experimental Ebola vaccine, WHO says
Quote:Congo has agreed to allow the World Health Organization 
to use an experimental Ebola vaccine Whip
to combat an outbreak announced last week, 
the WHO director-general said Monday.

The aim is for health officials to start using the vaccine, once it's shipped, by the end of the week, 
or next week if there are difficulties, 
said WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus.

"We have agreement, registration, plus import permit — everything formally agreed already. 
And as you know that vaccine is safe and efficacious and has been already tested. 
So I think we can all be prepared," he said. 
"All is ready now, to use it."

The outbreak was announced last week in Bikoro,
in Congo's northwest. 
Health officials traveled there after Congo's Equateur provincial health ministry on May 3 
alerted them to 17 deaths from a hemorrhagic fever.

As of May 13, Congo has 39 suspected, 
probable and confirmed cases of Ebola since April, 
including 19 deaths, WHO reported. 
Two cases of Ebola have been confirmed.

Congo's Ministry of Health has requested that WHO send 4,000 doses of the vaccine, 
said ministry spokeswoman Jessyca Ilunga, 
who said they should arrive by the end of the week.

"The vaccination campaign starts next week, 
everything depends on the logistics 
because the vaccine must be kept at minus 60 degrees Celsius, Hmm2
and we need to assure that the cold chain is assured from Geneva to Bikoro," she said.

The Ebola vaccination campaign will first target health workers, Ilunga said. 
Three nurses are among those with suspected cases, and another is among the dead.

The teams on site have already identified more than 350 contacts, 
who are people who have had contact with the patients, she said.

Mobile laboratories were deployed to Mbandaka and Bikoro on Saturday, she said, 
adding that results from the first 12 samples tested with that method should be available tomorrow.

This is the ninth Ebola outbreak in Congo since 1976, 
when the deadly disease was first identified. 
Congo has a long track record with Ebola, WHO said. 
The last outbreak that was announced a year ago, was contained and declared over by July 2017.

None of these outbreaks was connected to the massive outbreak in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone 
that began in 2014 and left more than 11,300 dead.

There is no specific treatment for Ebola, 
which is spread through the bodily fluids of people exhibiting symptoms.

The new experimental vaccine, 
developed by the Canadian government 
and now licensed to the U.S.-based Merck 
and has been shown to be highly effective against the virus. 
It was tested in Guinea in 2015.

Though the Congo outbreak is of a different strain, 
the experimental vaccine is still thought to be safe and effective.

WHO chief Tedros had led a delegation to the affected region on Sunday.

The Bikoro health zone is about 150 kilometers (93 miles) from Mbandaka, 
the capital of the Equateur province, 
and 45 kilometers (28 miles) from Ikoko Impenge, where there are other suspected cases.

WHO is working with Congo's government and other international organizations, 
including Medecins Sans Frontieres, to strengthen coordination to fight and contain the Ebola outbreak.

———

late 2016
http://news.ufl.edu/articles/2016/12/uf-...accine.php
trial for successful Ebola vaccine
Quote:Researchers at the University of Florida have played an integral role in the vaccine trial’s execution, 
finding that it is 100 percent effective at preventing Ebola 
when given 10 or more days prior to exposure to the deadly virus. 
The study findings were published today (Dec. 22) in The Lancet.

“The goal was to estimate the vaccine efficacy from a phase III randomized vaccine trial,” 
said Ira Longini, a professor in the department of biostatistics 
at the UF College of Public Health and Health Professions and the College of Medicine 
and director of the UF Center for Statistics and Quantitative Infectious Diseases.

Longini, who is also a member of UF’s Emerging Pathogens Institute, 
was a key figure in the design of the Ebola vaccine trial and the analysis of its statistical data. 
The trial was called “Ebola ça suffit!” 
and it was the first successful phase III trial for an Ebola vaccine. 
Having successfully completed phase III 
indicates it has been tested on hundreds of subjects and proven both safe and effective.

Natalie Dean, a postdoctoral researcher in the department of biostatistics, 
worked with Longini on both the design and analysis of the vaccine trial.

Trial participants were organized into 117 clusters, 
of which 70 clusters received the vaccine immediately and 47 clusters received it 21 days later. 
Disease takes several days – even weeks – to develop following Ebola infection, 
yet there were zero cases among vaccines more than 10 days after any cluster received the vaccination.

Those in immediately vaccinated clusters who were not vaccinated still received protection, thanks to the trial design – known as a “ring vaccination” trial. This type of trial creates clusters around contacts of people who have contracted the pathogen, as well as contacts of contacts, since these people are at a higher risk of contracting disease. Since the immediately vaccinated participants reduced the number of infections, those ineligible for vaccination within immediate clusters benefitted from herd immunity.

According to the report, vaccinating only 52.1 percent of the participants was still 70.1 percent effective

in preventing the spread of Ebola.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-ne...ad-n874946
Congo Ebola outbreak turns up in a large city. 
Vaccines have arrived for a first round of immunization but a case in a city is a "game changer"

An Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo 
has spread to a large city and the World Health Organization 
has called an emergency meeting to talk about what to do.

It’s only one case so far, but a case of Ebola in a city is a serious matter. 
Ebola regularly breaks out in remote, rural parts of Africa 
but usually causes only a few dozen or a few hundred cases. 
In 2014, when it hit a more connected region of West Africa with several urban centers, 
it spread to more than 28,000 people and killed 11,000 of them.

“The challenge just got much much tougher," said Dr. Peter Salama, 
who heads WHO's emergency program.

A case in a city is "a game changer," he said.

WHO says 44 cases of Ebola have been reported in the Democratic Republic of the Congo — 
most in a remote, northwestern province that is very hard to reach. 
More than 20 people have died.

The new case is in Mbandaka, a city of nearly 1.2 million people on a major river.

"This is a concerning development, 
but we now have better tools than ever before to combat Ebola," 
said WHO Director-General Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus. 
“WHO and our partners are taking decisive action to stop further spread of the virus."

WHO has admitted to moving far too slowly 
and timidly to help fight the 2014 epidemic of Ebola in West Africa.

The first batch of 4,000 vaccines has arrived in the DRC’s capital. 
The vaccine is still experimental, 
but appears to have protected people from Ebola when it was tested in Guinea in 2016. 
Drugmaker Merck has licensed the vaccine, 
which was developed in Canada, 
and has been seeking U.S. Food and Drug Administration approval.

Researchers who tested the vaccine used the same strategy 
that was used to eradicate smallpox in the 1970s. 
Called ring vaccination, 
it calls for vaccinating people who have been in contact with patients, and contacts of contacts.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/19/world...ebola.html
Congo Says 3 New Ebola Cases Confirmed in Large City
Quote:May 19, 2018
KINSHASA, Congo — Three new cases of the often lethal Ebola virus have been confirmed, 
in a city of more than one million people, 
Congo’s health minister announced, 
as the spread of the hemorrhagic fever in an urban area raised alarm.

The statement late on Friday said the confirmed cases are in Mbandaka, 
a city where a single case was confirmed earlier in the week.

highlights at WHO meeting
http://www.who.int/news-room/detail/18-0...ak-in-2018
Statement on the 1st meeting 
of the IHR Emergency Committee regarding the Ebola outbreak in 2018

It remains unclear how long that apparent protective effect will last, 
though evidence suggests than antibodies to the disease in vaccinated individuals,
can last two years or more.   {then you need another experimental vaccine every two years}

Nine neighbouring countries, 
including Congo-Brazzaville and Central African Republic, 
have been advised that they are at high risk of spread Whip
and have been supported with equipment and personnel.

The Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo 
has several characteristics that are of particular concern: 
the risk of more rapid spread given that Ebola has now spread to an urban area; 
that there are several outbreaks in remote and hard to reach areas; 
that health care staff have been infected, 
which may be a risk for further amplification.

the Director-General accepted the Committee’s assessment and on 18 May 2018, 
and did not declare the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, 
a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC). 
In light of the advice of the Emergency Committee, 
WHO advises against the application of any travel or trade restrictions  Scream 

https://www.ft.com/content/caea181a-5ab5...677d2e1ce8
WHO calls for extra funds to contain Ebola outbreak

Quote:Jeremy Farrar, director of Wellcome, a biomedical research charity, 
said that this outbreak of Ebola was “really serious” compared to the last one in DRC, 
which killed four people last year, 
because it has been going on for several months 
and so is geographically dispersed over an area that is close to cities. 

The strain of the virus is also similar to the one in west Africa in 2014-16. 

“The next two or three weeks will be crucial,” he said. 
“If the numbers stabilise and we don’t have multiple transmission then it should be containable. 
But if the numbers are going up, there are multiple transmissions in cities, 
cross-border infections and health workers getting infected then all bets are off.”