Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gold fever!
yea..... gold rush.....

[Image: att00001.jpg?w=480&h=327]

He be sorry if he gets knocked off his feet!
Showoff! Butt
So, the words Autumn and Fall are not to be capitalized?
They are in my world!

What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done; and there is nothing new under the sun.
Is there a thing of which it is said, "See, this is new?"It has been already, in the ages before us. Ecc 1: 9-10
Keith,
Ever used one of these in your prospecting adventures?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2hE6PzlVWs
Or better yet!
http://www.goldfeverprospecting.com/govacjooresu.html

Notice the price these bandits want for their gas powered vacs!
I'm building one very similar to the Jobe for.... $180. All it is, is an Echo leaf blower for $160, and a five gallon bucket.
A ridgid hose attachment from home depot for $20, and a couple of screws!

I don't know for sure yet, but I may not even have to disassemble the leaf blower, or even mount it on top the bucket.
I think if I just run the blower straight into a 2" ABS 'Y', put the suction side of the hose attachment on the 'upstream' side of the 'Y' , then come off the 'downstream' side of the 'Y' with another hose and run it to the bucket, it should work the same!
A few crevicing tools, and a sluice box, (maybe a high banker) and I'm off to the Klamath.
Anyway, I'm building mine that way, and if it isn't as efficient as I hope, I'll just put the blower on the bucket like the store bought kind, and nothing lost!
Yeah, it's still Feb., and it's still snowing here, but man I got cabin fever bad!
They are in my world!

What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done; and there is nothing new under the sun.
Is there a thing of which it is said, "See, this is new?"It has been already, in the ages before us. Ecc 1: 9-10
By Janet Tavakoli

Gold Game Changer - J.P. Morgan Accepts Bullion as Money

J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. announced on February 7, 2011 that it will accept physical gold as collateral for investors that want to make short-term borrowings of cash or securities.

Presenting gold to satisfy demands for performance bond collateral has been allowed on the London CME in a limited way since October 2009. As of November 22, 2010, the Intercontinental Exchange Inc. (ICE) has accepted gold bullion as collateral on all credit default swaps and energy transactions.

I don't recall the G-20 declaring gold a new currency. Yet JPMorgan Chase and a couple of financial market exchanges have effectively declared that gold is an alternative currency.

In other words, gold is money

http://dailybail.com/home/tavakoli-gold-...organ.html

Never invite a Yoda to a frog leg dinner.
Go ahead invite Yoda to a Frog leg dinner
Gold isn't just as good as money......it's better!
Always has been.

You cannot destroy it.
You've always been able to convert it to paper money, but a time may soon come when you can't convert paper money into gold!

I don't know where the average guy can just go out and dig up currency, but I know a place where I can go out and dig up gold!
Don't need a resume either!
They are in my world!

Update - All US Ambassadors
Called Back To Washington 
2-9-11

We received the following thoughts on the widely-circulated story alleging ALL US Ambassadors were recalled to DC for a conference from a retired career member of the US Dept of State...

"Jeff - Whoever sent this to you is right on one point at least: It has never happened before.

When State has a Chiefs of Mission conference, it normally tends to do it on a regional basis. What I am reading in the story below is a conference of the chief officers of every diplomatic and consular post. They are not all Ambassadors, however.

Ambassadors have Embassies; Consuls General have Consulates General; and Consuls have Consulates. The goal of such a meeting, if it actually occurs, would be to brief all chief officers of our overseas posts simultaneously about some truly critical issue; so critical that something may be expected to happen in the area of any of those posts that affects the safety and security of the post and the people in it, along with the vital interests of the United States. The global overseas senior management cut would be ambassadors and consuls general. That is a plausible cut, even recognizing that in some countries we have more than one consul general ( 5 in Canada, 2 in Brazil as examples). 

It could be that the rebellion in Cairo is seen to be peculiarly contageous, and might unsettle any diplomatic post. In such an eventuality, the goal would be to put everyone on the alert at the same level of sensitivity and give each the same precisely stated policy guidance. How to act in the event of another Tahrir Square gathering in some other country could be the subject. That can all be done, of course, with a properly stated and prioritized telegram. Getting all those troops together is both expensive and disruptive. 

Interesting. 

Name withheld

Here now, is the original story circulated the week of February 7, 2011...

All Ambassadors Called Back to Washington

Sunday, February 06, 2011 2:21

U.S. Ambassadors of the world called back to Washington

In an unprecedented move, apparently one that has never happened before, nearly all U.S. Ambassadors to all nations have been called back to Washington for a summit conference this week.

<http://politico.com>politico.com reports: "Ambassadors from almost all 260 U.S. embassies, consulates and other posts in more than 180 countries are expected to convene at the State Department for what's being billed as the first meeting of its kind."

<http://huffingtonpost.com>huffingtonpost.com: "Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton is convening an unprecedented mass meeting of U.S. ambassadors."

The first logical thought that comes to mind Looking back at all previous world crisis, what might now be so important, evidently more-so than anything ever in the past, to call all Ambassadors back to Washington?

The sky's the limit with ideas and conspiracy

To get all their stories 'straight' ahead of time ­ for something

To prearrange settling the debt score between nations prior to a new world currency roll-out

A dollar currency devaluation

China is calling in our debt

New severely damaging Wikileaks about to release

Afraid of electronic communication leaks of something very important to discuss ???

----------

While the main stream and most Americans are involved with the SuperBowl at the moment, hardly any reporting on the event can be found. Fine time to do something 'under the radar'.

Could this actually be simply a 'first time' of such a gathering to discuss 'normal' business?

At first instinct, suspicion is aroused.

stay tuned

Update... The 'official' explanation from the U.S. State Dept. is something named, QDDR

Hmm2
sumpton going on.
Muaha
Heres how You can transport gold easily. Hope that helps a lot.

[Image: picture.php?ID=8698]
Wahoo!
Gold stands at $1437.50 per oz.
Been on a slight roller coaster ride, up and down the last few weeks, but now it seems to be on a climb again!
Could be a record high today!

Snow finally melted off enough for me to get to the scrap metal yard and find all the different sized square tube I'll be needing for my jack extentions. Now that that's in hand, all I need is a little 1/2 inch plate, and a  piece of round stock, and hope to be fabricating by this weekend.

Settled on four 30 ton jacks, if they actually achieve rated capacity, they should push a 220 ton boulder.
But they are Harbor freight jacks, and I think I'll be lucky to get 75% of that out of them!
Got to see what's under that big stone!
They are in my world!

Fsbirdhouse....I think you're right...I'd investigate that 30 ton Harbor Freight rating, and whether the Red Chinese get most favored export waivers approved by communist moles in the Commerce Dept. so they can hype their products.
A given jack may actually support 30 tons axially, but if there is a significant lateral  force applied (as could be expected when moving a "220 ton boulder") then the spec might be greatly reduced.

Kalter,
That's just what I think about the capacity rating, but I'm not scared of 'em when used in the horizontal as I'm sure not putting any part of me under anything they're holding up!
What I'm about this summer is testing the theory, once I know where it's all going for sure, I'll step up to Enerpac hydraulic rams! 50 ton units weigh the same, but shorter stroke.

Funny how things work out sometimes.
The state of Oregon had legislation bill SB 765 introduced that would see local resident suction dredgers pay $50 for dredge permits, and non-residents pay $2500 for their permits!
I emailed all of Oregon's Senators to please not do this! Only one Senator replied, and right away!
Apparently many people were in opposition to the bill, and it was later dropped! Just today actually.
I sent off a note of thanks to the Senator who had responded to, and supported my request, and as an after thought added the following;
"Come on down to the Rogue river this summer and meet some of the dredger/miners and local merchants you helped out. Bring a gold pan. Should be a good time!"
I knew many of 'The New 49ers' would be there this year, and it would be good PR for the miners.
So, I guess Senator Whitsett's wife read the email, and I got a note this morning.

"We'd really love to come. Where do you meet or camp?
Do you have a phone number we can call you this summer?"
Gail Whitsett

I'd really like to defer this meeting to Dave McCracken, who is head of 'The New 49ers', and has all the equipment to make their stay an informative and meaningful one, especially if they really want to participate in actual dredging. I've sent a note to him to that effect, and adding that he should arrange to invite all of Oregon's Senators as well. Both pro and con.
This has been McCracken's fight as a leader in that field for years, and now is a golden opportunity to build bridges into the future of mining in Oregon.
Hope he responds. Better to be proactive than reactive.

If he doesn't, I guess I'm gonna have to feed and entertain a Senator this summer. Do they prefer hotdogs or hamburgers?
They are in my world!

Gas Vac is built.
Square tube is fabricated, drilled, and welded.
30 ton jacks are in the garage.
Pry bars, knee pads, trowels, shovels, and various accoutrements are in hand.
Should be in Happy Camp on the 10th of April.
Good thing I'm not planning to actually be dredging then, as a continuous series of storms have been coming ashore nearly centered on Happy Camp's location. The Klamath is probably high, and milk-chocolate brown.
We've been postponing our trip there, waiting on better weather, but Jan has commited to teaching classes at local college in Pocatello, and must be back here the following week.
Looks like I'll be spending a lot of summer by myself on the Klamath this year.
Time to buy a trailer.
They are in my world!

Oh! BTW,
I just now called Happy Camp and checked on the guest rule, and I would like to extend an invitation to all the 'Hidden Mission' members here to come out to Happy Camp, Calif this summer as my guests on the Klamath river, for up to a week of prospecting and gold mining.
The only stipulation being you must be in my immediate vicinity on the Klamath when present as my guest, but there is no limit on how many I can have at any given time. But, only one week + one day per guest a year.

I think I may have posted this link about 'The New 49ers' gold club previously, but I do so here so you won't have to search for it above. Anyway, this is what it's all about if you are interested.

http://www.goldgold.com/membervideo.html
They are in my world!

Quote:The only stipulation being you must be in my immediate vicinity on the Klamath when present as my guest...

Whistle ...yeah...that's so greenhorns don't go wandering off and getting lost......

[Image: Greenhorn%20Mts%20rose%20quartz.JPG]

Club's rule. Not mine.
I think the vast majority of club members are not experienced miners.
The video scenes were shot on his weekend, or week long classes, and that is why you see so many members grouped together in that video.
The river claims cover a vast area on the Klamath, and only the very easiest accessed areas will see many miners at a given time. However, hwy 96 follows the Klamath along the club's claims, and access to any of it is seldom more than one or two hundred yards.
Gold fever is a very real thing. I admit to being one of those under it's spell. There are many people who could care less, but once having seen gold in their pan, that number of the unaffected seems to drop off rapidly in direct proportion to the amount of gold they are seeing!
Notice in the video how many of the members are in the silver haired age group! I wonder how much better off they are out there working their tails off, and having the fun they all seem to say they're having, than they would be sitting at home in front of the tube.
Some are adding years to their lives.
They are in my world!

Kalter,
I seem to get the impression you are in Germany, or you were?
I am sure that many countries in Europe have gold clubs, I know there is a rather large one in Finland.
I know they exist in Scotland and Wales. There is opportunity of a sort on the continent in places.
They are in my world!

If you are working under water for any long period of time
remember about the Bends.

http://m.cnbc.com/id/42250806
Morning Note: Gold Replacing Dollar as World’s Reserve Currency?
CNBC.com | March 24, 2011 | 11:53 AM EDT

$105 per barrel oil. Cotton prices at record levels. Food prices at 2008 highs. Typically, such commodity price increases would send central banks running to the U.S. Dollar to secure the value of their savings. After all, the dollar has been the reserve currency since World War I.

But not this time. Central banks are shedding dollars [ DXC1 76.405  -0.08 (-0.10%) ], reducing their holdings by about $9 billion in previous quarter, according to Nomura Securities’ Jens Nordvig, global head of G10 FX Strategy.

What are they buying instead? Gold [ GCCV1 1420.10  -6.10 (-0.43%) ].

The yellow metal hit a fresh record high this morning, while the dollar index dropped to a 15-month low. The news had Fast Money’s Brian Kelly looking to add more gold and silver longs to his portfolio Thursday morning.

“What is working is gold, silver [ SICV1 37.15  +0.101 (+0.27%) ] and oil [ CLCV1 104.55  -0.85 (-0.81%) ],” said Kanundrum Capital’s Kelly. “I wish I had more.”

Gold and silver have become the inflation hedges of choice for some investors. Gold hit an intra day high today of $1,448 per ounce. Silver is trading at 31-year highs, hitting an intra day high of $38 per ounce.

Page 1 of 5 | Next Page
Wook,
I do not have a dredge at present, although I am going to get a dredge permit when Calif starts to issue them again in about three months, just to grandfather in...I'll be working high and dry to begin with. No Bends.
They are in my world!

I can see white bucket in the picture Kalter posted .... wonder whats inside of it ?  Hmm2 gold ?
Buckets are a mainstay in gold mining.
I built my own Gas vac that you can see folks using here.
Really easy compared to the way it used to be done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGp0xGUcL...re=related
They are in my world!

How much they find gold there ?
letosvet,
Watch the 30 min video link.
Not everybody is going to find wages, but some are finding pounds!
The gold is there, but success depends on effort, enthusiasm, equipment, and persistence.
Luck is something you make on the Klamath.
They are in my world!

Here you go, Letosvet...more of the mysterious white bucket......
http://www.oxnardgem.com/content/field_t...index.html

Greenhorn Mountains
Rose quartz
[Image: gold-nugget.jpg]
Yep Kalter,
That looks like the 7 pounder that was sold recently.
Being a specimen nugget, I heard it went for a little under a 1/4 million.
So the word on the streets went!

The gold content by weight (Spot price at the time) was $130,000, but in large nugget form, it goes for much more!

http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/...d-24558975
They are in my world!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMtilF_v1TI
Ron Paul: People Need Currency Choices - Kitco News
Moments ago you could buy one oz. of gold for $1456.70 US dollars.
I like the trend!
All is gathered and ready.
Thursday night we leave for Reno. Sunday night we'll be on the Klamath.
Weather doesn't look good for this trip, but I'll get orientated in the three full days we're there, and .....who knows.
Toward end of April I'll be there for a full two months. Real work then!
Fishing rod's gonna be to hand as well!

Need miners Icon. This little guy will have to do
Guitar
Oh, Susanna!
They are in my world!

Just moments ago, $1460.60 per oz.
$1460.60 is light. Where's $1500.00?

Just call me Gekko!
They are in my world!

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/04/11...geNumber=1

Quote:Spot gold fell 0.7 percent to $1,462.28 an ounce by 3:26 p.m. EDT (1926 GMT), the biggest one-day gain in nearly a month. U.S. gold futures for June delivery settled down $6 at $1,468.10.

Bullion was under heavy pressure after Goldman (GS.N) claimed there was a strong chance that commodities prices might reverse and recommended clients take profits on what has been a hugely profitable trade.

Investors cautiously eyed the peace plan, which collapsed within hours after Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi's forces shelled a besieged city and rebels warned of no deal unless he was toppled.

The rolling one-hour correlation between gold and oil rose to a one-week high of 0.7, as the link between the two strengthened as recent sharp rally in crude oil prices also prompted investors to buy gold as an inflation hedge.

Activity in U.S. gold futures was sharply lower than usual at less than 110,000 lots. In contrast, U.S. silver trade was approaching 120,000 lots, about one-third higher than its 30-day average, one of the busiest days of the year.

Spot silver retreated from a session high of $41.93, the strongest since 1980. It later fell 0.4 percent to $40.68 an ounce
Back from the Klamath.
High water. Really high water!
River loaded with salmon, and a few early Steelhead. Nobody can fish. River too high, too fast, too muddy!
Raining! One nice day in three.
I did get to check out equipment I made.
Gas vac works like a charm. What a neat tool. Has a 2 1/2" hose. Wish I had one with a 4" hose! I hate shovels!
High water limited areas I could work in to the exposed bedrock high above stream bed. Got a little color.
Water has to drop at least 6' or more. 9' to 12' lower would be much better.
Spotted several potential target boulders, but bases all under water. Many more will become visible in a few weeks.

Unusual economy developing in Happy Camp.
Heard one guy in restaurant telling about selling his tractor for gold, instead of cash! Smart guy I think!
Saw another fellow in  New 49er club headquarters trading gold for mining equipment they sell there.
The way the price of gold is climbing, the ones accepting it for goods or services are making money every day.
With the price of gold a little over $1486.00 per oz....the rush is on!
Going back in 3 or 4 weeks. Gotta get a camp trailer.
They are in my world!

Gold came within $1.30 of breaking the $1500.00 per oz. milestone this morning!

Gold is probably worth what it has always been in relation to it's buying power.
The dollar is in serious trouble. All paper currency is.

Get the metal!
They are in my world!

The boys on the mining forums are celebrating.
Gold broke the magical $1500.00 per oz today!
It slipped back down within moments, but the door is open now!
They are in my world!

http://www.youtube.com/user/RussiaToday?...D9D2zTTjYA
Keiser Report: As Gold As Gold (E140)

This time Max Keiser and co-host, Stacy Herbert, report on downgrades, gold bars and third worlds. In the second half of the show, Max talks to Taki Oldham, director of The Billionaires Tea Party, about tea parties, astroturfing and Ayn Rand.
KR on FB: www.facebook.com/KeiserReport
http://www.zerohedge.com/article/it%E2%8...us-dollars
It’s Official: China Will Be Dumping US Dollars
Submitted by Phoenix Capital Research on 04/20/2011 09:33 -0400
n case you missed it, earlier this week China announced that its foreign currency reserves are excessive and that they need to return to “reasonable” levels.

In politician speak, this is a clear, “we are sick of the US Dollar and will be taking steps to lower our holdings.” Remember, the US Dollar is China’s largest single holding. And China has already begun dumping Treasuries (US Debt).

This comes on the heels of China deciding (along with Russia) to trade in their own currencies, NOT the US Dollar. Not to mention the numerous warnings Chinese politicians have been issuing to the US over the last 24 months.

In simple terms, China is done playing nice and is now actively moving out of US Dollar denominated assets. This is the beginning of the US Dollar’s end as world reserve currency.

The dimwits in Washington don’t understand this because their advisors are all Wall Street stooges who don’t think debt or deficits matter. After all, why would they? Their entire business model is now based on endless cheap debt from the US Fed. So it’s only logically (in their minds) that the US as a sovereign state engage in the same strategies.

What does this mean? We’re on out own in terms of preparing for what’s coming. The US Dollar has already taken out its 2009 low in the overnight futures session. We now have only one line of support before the US Dollar breaks into the abyss (all time lows).

So if you’re not preparing for mega-inflation already, you need to start doing so NOW. The Fed WILL continue to pump money into the system 24/7 and it’s going to result in the death of the US Dollar.

If you’ve yet to take steps to prepare your portfolio for the coming inflationary disaster, our FREE Special Report, The Inflationary Disaster explains not only why inflation is here now, why the Fed is powerless to stop it, and three investments that absolutely EXPLODE as a result of this.

All in all its 14 pages contain a literal treasure trove of information on how to take steps to prepare AND profit from what’s to come. And it’s all 100% FREE.

To pick up your copy today, go to http://www.gainspainscapital.com and click on FREE REPORTS.

Good Investing!

Graham Summers