Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gold fever!
The 1850s event Morbius refers to is the discovery of the 'Mother Lode' deposits in California (primarily), Colorado, Oregon, Idaho, and Arizona. Millions upon millions of ounces of placer and lode gold came out of those discoveries in that short decade.
So, the words Autumn and Fall are not to be capitalized?
They are in my world!

What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done; and there is nothing new under the sun.
Is there a thing of which it is said, "See, this is new?"It has been already, in the ages before us. Ecc 1: 9-10
let us know when it is a good time to buy 90% silver coins.

http://goldandsilverblog.com/how-the-com...rket-0235/
Never invite a Yoda to a frog leg dinner.
Go ahead invite Yoda to a Frog leg dinner
I find it amazing that they're trying to manage the dips of the commodities markets.

They just did the same thing, essentially, to oil.

Good news is intentionally crashing the oil market will bring down gas prices, for a while........

Good instincts wook, if you're holding "paper" silver now is a time to sell, if you're holding bullion now is a time to leave it in the safe and wait for a market trend reversal.

With spot price on silver at $35.07 as i write this I would personally buy bullion up to about the spot price today, I can't imagine a situation between now and August where that wouldn't still be true but i'll let you know if one happens!  Muaha

I believe we're in the middle of a currency crisis.

I also believe with some adjustment based on production/consumption over the last 70 years that the traditional valuation ratio of somewhere around 16 to 1 will hold for gold and silver.

Finally i do not believe gold is over priced today.

This means that without the constant manipulation of the silver market today the price for bullion would be around $100/oz. likely more.

This is not some conspiracy theory, central banks intentionally suppress silver's investment value push it's industrial value.

If there is any doubt about what goes on with silver just research the Hunt Brothers play on silver in the late 70s to around 1980.

The reason for this is that as a currency poor man's gold is the canary in the coal mine of fiat currency, gold is the miners in the mine in terms of indicators.

It is critically important to the fiat currency system that the people do not think of silver as money, it would be best from a chicago economics point of view if people would forget gold is money also but that hasn't happened yet.

I would not sell bullion under any conditions today.
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards...
A Small repair to siding on the trailer, and a Generac 5000 watt generator purchased today and the last of my big outlays of cash are behind me (Knock on wood).
I don't know if it's common among the better known producers of portable generators, but the reputation of Generac, and the fact that there is an after market 'Kit' that enables me to burn gasoline, propane, or natural gas interchangably in the same generator was the deciding factor in buying the Generac. That, and the fact that Cal stores is closing them out at $500.
When I'm done for the season on the Klamath, it comes home as back up power in case of winter outages.
Hooked up to a standard propane cylinder, I wont have to worry about "Bad gas" when I need it.
They are in my world!

What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done; and there is nothing new under the sun.
Is there a thing of which it is said, "See, this is new?"It has been already, in the ages before us. Ecc 1: 9-10
http://endoftheamericandream.com/archive...ddle-class

Quote:36 Statistics Which Prove That The American Dream Is Turning Into An Absolute Nightmare For The Middle Class

The U.S. middle class is being shredded, ripped apart and systematically wiped out.  If you doubt this, just check out the statistics below.  The American Dream is being transformed into an absolute nightmare.  Once upon a time, the rest of the world knew that most Americans were able to live a middle class lifestyle.  Most American families had nice homes, most American families had a car or two, most American families had nice clothes, most American families had an overabundance of food and most American families could even look forward to sending their children to college if that is what the kids wanted to do.  There was an implicit promise that this was the way that it was always going to be.  Most of us grew up believing that if we worked really hard in school and that if we stayed out of trouble and that if we did everything that "the system" told us to do that there would be a place for us in the middle class too.  Well, it turns out that "the system" is breaking down.  There aren't enough good jobs for all of us anymore.  In fact, there aren't very many crappy jobs either.  Millions are out of work, millions have lost their homes and nearly all of the long-term economic trends just keep getting worse and worse.  So is there any hope for the U.S. middle class?

No, there is not.

Unless fundamental changes are made economically, financially and politically, the long-term trends that are destroying the U.S. middle class will continue to do so.

The number of good jobs has been declining for a long time.  The good jobs that have been lost are being replaced by a smaller number of low paying "service jobs".

Meanwhile, the cost of everything is going up.  It is getting really hard for American families to be able to afford to put food on the table and to put gas in the tank.  Health care costs are absolutely outrageous and college tuition is now out of reach for millions of American families.

Every single month more American families fall out of the middle class.  Today there are 18 million more Americans on food stamps than there were just four years ago.  More than one out of every five U.S. children is living in poverty.  Things are getting really, really bad out there.

The following are 36 statistics which prove that the American Dream is turning into an absolute nightmare for the middle class....

#1 The competition for decent jobs in America has gotten absolutely insane.  There have been reports of people actually getting down on their knees and begging for jobs.  Many Americans are starting to wonder if they will ever get a decent job again.  According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average duration of unemployment in the United States is now an all-time record 39 weeks....

#2 According to the Wall Street Journal, there are 5.5 million Americans that are unemployed and yet are not receiving unemployment benefits.

#3 The number of "low income jobs" in the U.S. has risen steadily over the past 30 years and they now account for 41 percent of all jobs in the United States.

#4 Only 66.8% of American men had a job last year.  That was the lowest level that has ever been recorded in all of U.S. history.

#5 Once upon a time, anyone could get hired at McDonald's.  But today McDonald's turns away a higher percentage of applicants than Harvard does.  Approximately 7 percent of all those that apply to get into Harvard are accepted.  At a recent "National Hiring Day" held by McDonald's only about 6.2 percent of the one million Americans that applied for a job were hired.

#6 There are now about 7.25 million fewer jobs in America than when the recession began back in 2007.

#7 The United States has lost an average of about 50,000 manufacturing jobs per month since China joined the World Trade Organization in 2001.

#8 A New York post analysis has found that the rate of inflation in New York City has been about 14 percent over the past year.

#9 The average price of a gallon of gasoline in the United States is now up to $3.91 a gallon.

#10 Over the past 12 months the average price of gasoline in the United States has gone up by about 30%.

#11 Spending on energy now accounts for more than 6 percent of all consumer spending.  Every time this has happened since 1970 we have also had a recession that followed.

#12 The average American driver will spend somewhere around $750 more for gasoline in 2011.  Unfortunately, it seems likely that the price of oil is going to go up even higher.  Already the price of oil is closing in on the all-time record....

#13 In the United States, over 20 percent of all children are living in poverty.  In the UK and in France that figure is well under 10 percent.

#14 According to the U.S. Census, the number of children living in poverty has gone up by about 2 million in just the past 2 years.

#15 The wealthiest 1% of all Americans now own more than a third of all the wealth in the United States.

#16 The poorest 50% collectively own just 2.5% of all the wealth in the United States.

#17 The wealthiest 1% of all Americans own over 50% of all the stocks and bonds.

#18 According to a new report from the AFL-CIO, the average CEO made 343 times more money than the average American did last year.

#19 In 1980, government transfer payments accounted for just 11.7% of all income.  Today, government transfer payments account for 18.4% of all income.

#20 U.S. households are now receiving more income from the U.S. government than they are paying to the government in taxes.

#21 59 percent of all Americans now receive money from the federal government in one form or another.

#22 The average cost of tuition, room and board at America's public universities is now $16,000 a year.  For America's private universities, that figure is $37,000 a year.

#23 The cost of college tuition in the United States has gone up by over 900 percent since 1978.

#24 Approximately two-thirds of all college students graduate with student loan debt.

#25 17 million college graduates are doing jobs that do not even require a college degree.

#26 According to the Bureau of Economic Analysis, health care costs accounted for just 9.5% of all personal consumption back in 1980.  Today they account for approximately 16.3%.

#27 One study found that approximately 41 percent of working age Americans either have medical bill problems or are currently paying off medical debt.

#28 Back in 1965, only one out of every 50 Americans was on Medicaid.  Today, one out of every 6 Americans is on Medicaid.

#29 Total credit card debt in the United States is now more than 8 times larger than it was just 30 years ago.

#30 During the first three months of this year, less new homes were sold in the U.S. than in any three month period ever recorded.

#31 Now home sales in the United States are now down 80% from the peak in July 2005.

#32 U.S. home prices have now declined 32% from the peak of the housing bubble.

#33 For most middle class families, the family home is the number one financial asset.  Unfortunately, U.S. home values have declined an astounding 6.3 trillion dollars since the housing crisis first began.

#34 According to a recent census report, 13% of all homes in the United States are currently sitting empty.

#35 The housing crisis just seems to keep on getting worse. 31 percent of the homeowners that responded to a recent Rasmussen Reports survey indicated that they are "underwater" on their mortgages.

#36 Unfortunately, it looks like millions more middle class Americans could soon be in danger of losing their homes.  According to the Mortgage Bankers Association, at least 8 million Americans are at least one month behind on their mortgage payments at this point.
http://www.bi-me.com/main.php?id=52587&t=1&cg=4
Quote:INTERNATIONAL. Legendary global investor and chairman of Singapore-based Rogers Holdings, Jim Rogers hardly sees how silver could be a bubble when, even at its top, it's still below its all-time high.

Last week's plunge in prices was good for the market especially for silver which needed a set back and consolidation, according to Rogers who was hoping prices would go down so he could buy some more.

Speaking to Alix Steel in a TheStreet interview, Rogers said: "When something goes up 25%-30% in a month, that's something to worry about a great deal. I don't know what caused it maybe it was short covering, maybe it was rumors. I have no idea. I know that 25% in a month is dangerous".

"Silver went down a great deal but if you raise margin requirements 150%-200% you would expect something to collapse," he added.

Asked if this was a bubble that burst, Rogers said: "I hardly see how silver could be a bubble when, even at its top, it's still below its all-time high. That's not much of a bubble," adding a bubble is "when things are screaming up every day and they go to new highs, two to three times their old highs".

"We'll have a bubble, we'll have a bubble in commodities, we're not there yet," he said.

Last week, silver futures plunged the most since at least 1983 after the Comex exchange in New York boosted margin costs by 84%. The price rebounded 9.1% in the past two days. On April 25, the metal reached US$49.845, the highest since the Hunt Brothers tried to corner the market in 1980. In that year, the commodity climbed to a record US$50.35.

Silver recovered a third of its 30% plunge from end-April's 31-year high, hitting US$39.18 per ounce at today's London Fix.

So was it a parabolic rally?

"I'm not sure I would call it parabolic, I would certainly call it a spike, it didn't quite reach parabolic status in my view, but it certainly was a gigantic crazy spike," Rogers told Steel.

Uptrend not broken

"You're still in an uptrend, despite the sharp sell-off" as shown by an intermediate-term trend from the lows on August 24 and January 28," Mary Ann Bartels, the head of US technical and market analysis at Bank of America Merrill Lynch in New York, told Bloomberg yesterday in a telephone interview. "The uptrend was not broken."

Futures will face so-called resistance around US$45 before topping US$50, a "very important number" that "called the end of the bull market in commodities, with the Hunt Brothers getting squeezed out of silver" in 1980, Bartels said.

The metal may rise to US$80 in three to five years, she said.

"I was hoping it would go down so I could buy more", agrees Rogers. 

"I hope at some time in the next month or two if it goes down or stays down then I will get the energy to go around and buy some more silver," he told Steel, adding "or maybe it will go to US$25, I don't know".

Oil rising
Very long but good article on what is happening.

http://www.financialsense.com/contributo...th-is-dead

The article is "Why Growth is Dead".

Important because our brilliant leaders expect no less than 5% economic growth per year, amazing.

Quote:Our entire system of money, and by extension our sense of entitlement and expectations of future growth, were formed in response to and are utterly dependent on exponential credit growth. Of course, as you know, money is loaned into existence and is therefore really just the other side of the credit coin. This is why Bernanke can print a few trillion and not really accomplish all that much. It's because the main engine of growth is expecting, requiring, and otherwise dependent on credit doubling over the next decade.

To put that into perspective, a doubling will take us from $52 to $104 trillion, requiring close to $5 trillion in new credit creation during each year of that decade. Nearly three years have passed without any appreciable increase in total credit market debt, which puts us roughly $15 trillion behind the curve.

What will happen when credit cannot grow exponentially? We already have our answer, because that's been the reality for the past three years. Debts cannot be serviced, the weaker and more highly leveraged participants get clobbered first (Lehman, Greece, Las Vegas housing, etc.) and the dominoes topple from the outside in towards the center. Money is piled on, but traction is weak. What begins as a temporary program of providing liquidity becomes a permanent program of printing money, which the system becomes dependent on in order to even function.

And that pretty well sums up the mechanics of how our monetary system will collapse this time.

without a medium of exchange the division of labor breaks down, that division of labor is the very definition of civilization.

These fools are going to destroy civilization, again.

Last time they did this it resulted in a world war, wonder what will happen this time?
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards...
Quote:Forbes Predicts U.S. Gold Standard Within 5 Years
by  Paul Dykewicz
05/11/2011

A return to the gold standard by the United States within the next five years now seems likely, because that move would help the nation solve a variety of economic, fiscal, and monetary ills, Steve Forbes predicted during an exclusive interview this week with HUMAN EVENTS.

“What seems astonishing today could become conventional wisdom in a short period of time,” Forbes said.

Such a move would help to stabilize the value of the dollar, restore confidence among foreign investors in U.S. government bonds, and discourage reckless federal spending, the media mogul and former presidential candidate said.  The United States used gold as the basis for valuing the U.S. dollar successfully for roughly 180 years before President Richard Nixon embarked upon an experiment to end the practice in the 1970s that has contributed to a number of woes that the country is suffering from now, Forbes added.

If the gold standard had been in place in recent years, the value of the U.S. dollar would not have weakened as it has and excessive federal spending would have been curbed, Forbes told HUMAN EVENTS.  The constantly changing value of the U.S. dollar leads to marketplace uncertainty and consequently spurs speculation in commodity investing as a hedge against inflation.

The only probable 2012 U.S. presidential candidate who has championed a return to the gold standard so far is Rep. Ron Paul (R.-Tex.).  But the idea “makes too much sense” not to gain popularity as the U.S. economy struggles to create jobs, recover from a housing bubble induced by the Federal Reserve’s easy-money policies, stop rising gasoline prices, and restore fiscal responsibility to U.S. government’s budget, Forbes insisted.

With a stable currency, it is “much harder” for governments to borrow excessively, Forbes said.  Without lax Federal Reserve System monetary policies that led to the printing of too much money, the housing bubble would not have been nearly as severe, he added.

“When it comes to exchange rates and monetary policy, people often don’t grasp” what is at stake for the economy, Forbes said.  By restoring the gold standard, the United States would shift away from “less responsible policies” and toward a stronger dollar and a stronger America, he said.  “If the dollar was as good as gold, other countries would want to buy it.”

An encouraging sign for Forbes is that key lawmakers besides Rep. Paul are recognizing that the Fed is straying well beyond its intended role of promoting stable prices and full employment with its monetary policies.

Forbes cited Rep. Paul Ryan (R.-Wis.), who, he believes, understands monetary policy better than most lawmakers and has shown a willingness to ask tough but necessary questions.  For example, when Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke appeared before the House Budget Committee in February, Ryan, who chairs the panel, asked Bernanke bluntly how many jobs the Fed’s quantitative-easing program had helped to create.

Politicians need to “get over” the notion that the Fed can guide the economy with monetary policy.  The Fed is like a “bull in a China shop," Forbes said.  “It can’t help but knock things down.”

“People know that something is wrong with the dollar," Forbes concluded.  "You cannot trash your money without repercussions.”

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=43439

How did he become someone people respect?

I like the idea but it cannot be done. Not without completely dismantling the warfare and welfare state and that will not happen.

The only way i can see the USA on a gold standard in 5 years is if the currency fails, we end ALL entitlements and basically disband 80% of the military.

No politician could ever back that publicly and win so we will not get there except through disaster, pain and suffering........however when we finally pick ourselves up off the ground to rebuild this is a very likely first step.
Or, if a handle isn't found and accepted, the Chinese may do it for us.
They are in my world!

(05-12-2011, 11:00 PM)Fsbirdhouse link Wrote:Or, if a handle isn't found and accepted, the Chinese may do it for us.

well not quite.

I won't go so far as to arrogantly proclaim Jim Rogers wrong but at this point China is in no position to challenge the USA anytime soon economically.

China has systemic problems that make sustaining their economy impossible, more impossible than sustaining the USA economy.

China is essentially a parasite at this point, the build and produce a lot of stuff but none of it has any value to them.

Making money is easy, just fire up the printing press B. Bernanke is an expert, but that is not creating wealth.

To create wealth you have to create "goods that have a subjective valuation", but China's entire economy is based on exporting crap no one needs or wants to the USA and to a lesser degree the rest of the world.

When we stop buying China will implode, either think "Great Depression" USA style or worse yet, break up of the USSR......those are pretty much the good and bad outcomes that can happen.

For an idea of what's happening to China:

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.c...ation.html

Quote:China's Threefold Problem

1. China's Growth mandate is [glow=red,2,300]way too high[/glow]

2. China has few remaining infrastructure that make any sense (they are literally building ghost towns, whole cities no one lives in to keep people employed)

3. [glow=red,2,300]Credit expansion is excessive to the point of recklessness[/glow]

we all know what happens when credit expands too rapidly in a fiat currency, debt based economy.......it creates economic bubbles that destroy wealth when they pop..........like the DOT com bubble or the housing bubble.

China's bubble is on mega-steroids at this point and they're really not doing much to change that.
This is a better expose on why I expect gold to bounce around but stay where it is and silver to flat line over the summer.......I expect the price to rise again from august till the end of the year unless something major changes, which it could.....

I will be shocked and happy if on december 31, 2011 silver is not $70+ an ounce.

Quote:A 1980 copy of Playboy Predicts the Future for Silver
By Murray Dawes

05/12/11 Last night I lay back on my couch and had a couple of glasses of red, while reading an article from 1980 about the Hunt brothers and the events that surrounded the last spike in Silver to $50.

I found the article while surfing the web for financial news so I take no responsibility for the fact the original article was found in Playboy. Everyone reads Playboy for the articles, right?

It was a fascinating article and well worth the read for anyone interested in the markets. You can find the article here.

A short synopsis of the story is that the Hunt brothers, and in particular, Nelson Bunker Hunt, bought so much silver in the mid to late ’70s that they nearly cornered the market.

They bought 55 million ounces in late 1973 and early 1974 at around $3-$4 an ounce and sent 40 million ounces of it by chartered plane to Switzerland because they feared the US government would confiscate silver in the same way it had stolen gold from US citizens in the 1930s.

The rationale for their buying made perfect sense. Nixon had taken the dollar off the gold standard, so it was now a purely fiat currency. The Hunts feared that their wealth was going to be stolen by the printing presses and they wanted to protect their immense inheritance (their father made billions in oil).

They continued buying over the ensuing years and even went into partnership with some Saudi Sheiks. They set up a Bermuda-based trading company called International Metals Investment Company Ltd. The firm listed four principals: Nelson Bunker Hunt, William Herbert Hunt, Sheik Mohammed Aboud Al-Amoudi and Sheik Ali Bin Mussalem. Rumours were that they were also backed by some very wealthy Sheiks who didn’t want to be named.

This firm was incorporated in the summer of 1979 just prior to the immense spike in silver. They bought 90 million ounces of silver through the partnership and also wanted to take delivery of the silver. Over the next few months, the silver price spiked sharply (from $8 to $16 during August and September 1979) and there were fears of a squeeze on silver supplies. The commodity exchanges were worried that they would not be able to make delivery of contracts in silver bullion when they came due.

This is where it gets really interesting. And we can see some parallels to the current price action in silver…

As stated in the article, “The boards of both the Chicago and the New York exchanges were composed not only of ‘outside’ directors but also of representatives of the major, usually Eastern-based brokerage houses. Later testimony would reveal that nine of the 23 Comex board members held short contracts on 38,000,000 ounces of silver. With their 1.88 billion dollar collective interest in having the price go down, it is easy to see why Bunker did not view them as objective regulators.”

As the price of silver continued to climb the regulators began changing the rules. First the Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT) raised the margin requirement and declared that silver traders would be limited to 3 million ounces of futures contracts. Traders with more than that would have to divest themselves of their excess futures holdings by mid-February 1980.

The price of silver really started to shoot to the sky now because there was a perceived silver shortage. By the end of 1979 the price stood at $34.45.

On January 7, 1980 the Comex changed the rules. The exchange announced new position limits for futures contracts of 10 million ounces. The effective date for the limits was February 18, 1980. After this announcement, the price climbed higher and the Hunts kept buying. On January 17 silver hit $50 an ounce.

On January 21, the Comex announced its coup de grace, saying that trading would be limited to liquidation orders only. No, I’m not kidding. The exchange changed the rules so that no one was allowed to open any new positions from that point on. You could only liquidate open positions. The next day silver fell off a cliff and plunged from $44 to $34.

To cut a long story short the price kept falling and the Hunts couldn’t cover their margins on the futures they had bought. The Fed stepped in for fear that a huge financial panic was about to ensue and lent $1.1 billion to the Hunts to cover their margins but demanded huge collateral for the loans.

Nelson Bunker Hunt eventually went bankrupt in 1988.

Fast-forward 30 years and the silver price has once again scaled the heights to $50 an ounce. The exchanges changed the rules to increase the margin requirements and the price of silver has plunged 27% in a week. There are rumours that JP Morgan holds an immense short position in silver that was feeling the pinch.

What better way for them to relieve the pressure than to turn the screws on the long positions by raising the margin requirements substantially and then pick up the pieces at their leisure?

After reading the history of the Hunt brothers and seeing that the futures exchanges change the rules of the game after the fact, you have to view the current price action in silver with a little more skepticism.

In 1980, the fall was due to the exchange’s desire to hurt a big player who was long. Today’s move I believe is more about protecting the position of an insider who is short and hurting.

Therefore, I think you would have to say that chances are high that the price of silver will once again scale the heights if the players who are short use this sell off to cover their short positions. There is still a lot of pent up demand for precious metals and central banks continue to print.

I would not be surprised to see silver flat line for a few months during this seasonally weak period for metals and after taking such a hammering, but there will be a time in the next few months when silver will be a bargain.

http://dailyreckoning.com/a-1980-copy-of...or-silver/
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z1OQvKg9a2
Back from the Klamath!
Really an ill timed trip I'm afraid.
Water still really high. Rained first 10 days I was there, then it went into the mid 90s on the river bar for several days.
Moved several large boulders, but even though we were working at least 40-50 feet from active water line of the river in most cases, when we moved the embedded boulders their bases were still in water!
Catch-22. If we moved high enough to avoid the water, we were out of the line-of-gold-travel, and found nothing but fly-speck sized colors, and little of that! Boulders nearer the area that gold passes thru were still standing below water table, and since suction dredging is banned, we could not recover the gold bearing materials!
I have several pictures of the stones we moved, and when I locate the adaptor, I'll download the pictures.

Did bring back one thing the wife really liked.
A husband 16 pounds lighter!
They are in my world!

Worship  Applause

Never tell Your wife You found gold  Gangup
sweet
Dance2
Things that make you say humm? Dunno

Date: Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 6:11 PM
Subject: Important Account Notice Re: Metals Trading
To: xxx

Important Account Notice Re: Metals Trading

We wanted to make you aware of some upcoming changes to FOREX.com’s product offering. As a result of the Dodd-Frank Act enacted by US Congress, a new regulation prohibiting US residents from trading over the counter precious metals, including gold and silver, will go into effect on Friday, July 15, 2011.

In conjunction with this new regulation, FOREX.com must discontinue metals trading for US residents on Friday, July 15, 2011 at the close of trading at 5pm ET. As a result, all open metals positions must be closed by July 15, 2011 at 5pm ET.

We encourage you to wind down your trading activity in these products over the next month in anticipation of the new rule, as any open XAU or XAG positions that remain open prior to July 15, 2011 at approximately 5:00 pm ET will be automatically liquidated.

We sincerely regret any inconvenience complying with the new U.S. regulation may cause you. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact our customer service team.

Sincerely,
The Team at FOREX.com

So far we have only received this warning from Forex.com. We are waiting to see which other dealers inform their customers that trading gold and silver over the counter will soon be illegal.

It appears that Forex.com's interpretation of the law stems primarily from Section 742(a) of the Dodd-Frank act which "prohibits any person [which again includes companies]from entering into, or offering to enter into, a transaction in any commodity with a person that is not an eligible contract participant or an eligible commercial entity, on a leveraged or margined basis."

Or:
The opinions of others;
https://www.kitcomm.com/showthread.php?p=1400842
They are in my world!

Taken from there:
Quote:No you gotta read a little more into it.

That applies ONLY to metals traded on Margin,
and is not a restriction provided the transaction
is closed within 28 days. (delivered)

This is an anti fraud measure designed to protect the consumer
during a volatile trading environment to avoid conflict over price per oz.

Also the Dodd measure does not contain language
to any effect reflective of the wording of that email.
Nor any mention of gold/silver coinage bought and sold
on the consumer level. Or personal sale.

This basically means that if you purchase gold/silver on margin
from companies representing themselves as traders qualified to do such,
they must be a legitimate, licensed trading en
This makes more sense. Limiting the number of days a transaction is open helps to stop disputes over pricing changes. Although how effective this would be I have no idea.
The notice makes it sound almost like any selling or buying is prohibited which of course isnt the case.
Quote:No mountain is too tall if your first step is belief. -Anonymous
...Because even if there were no artifacts anywhere, not studying things of interest is an extreme disservice to science. -Tarius
http://www.zerohedge.com/article/trading...ng-july-15
One for Wook,
Does memory serve well enough to tell me what bed rock stone composes the majority of the banks along the middle Klamath around the Happy Camp region?
We had a devil of a time with it shattering as we put pressure against it. It is a grey/green stone for the most part.
Both the head of the ram, and the base of the jack extensions burrowed right into it, and unless the face of it was flat,  chunks of the boulders and bed rock crumbled into pieces that were often as large as a pillow, or even much larger.

Also, are you familiar with the term 'Seiad cement', which is a hard pan or false bed rock very tough to work thru.
We thought we'd find good color on top of it in places, but after sampling in several locations found very little.

The first test boulder to be moved ( A ten tonner) sat on top of this Seiad cement, and it's rough surface should have held at least good fine gold.
Was very surprised that little was there, but maybe the stone had moved in a storm as it wasn't large enough to stay put in the high water of a major deluge..
They are in my world!

[Image: securedownload-2.jpg]

This was the only stone (Ten tons) we were able to move that's base wasn't still in water due to the very high water table.

A pox on these camera phone pictures!

You can just see the bottle jacks against the stone, the extensions going from them back to bed rock.
Extension steel may look light weight, but would have held up to at least 30 tons, and did later on.

Edit: Ah ha! Much better picture now!
They are in my world!

a lot of America green jade in that area
Smoke
Quote:Also, are you familiar with the term 'Seiad cement', which is a hard pan or false bed rock very tough to work thru.
We thought we'd find good color on top of it in places, but after sampling in several locations found very little.
yes, I know about false bedrock
clays underneath should be rich in values
and maybe free gold underneath the clays.
false bedrock should not be too thick

look for the deeper grooves in the river bottom or where the fast water slows down
in deep gravel beds, gold will move toward the bottom
also crush the magnetic black sand as gold will be lock up inside them.
Smoke

http://www.southforkmining.com/happycampjade.html
[Image: securedownload-1.jpg]

This was second stone moved, about 25 tons. Base was in water.
The fellow on top was mike, who worked with me to get it moved.

The stone behind him was about the size of a 16-18 ft camp trailer, and probably about 45-50 tons.
Although it sat upon a bedrock shelf slightly above the stone in front, it's base was also in water when moved.

Exercises in frustration, because we aren't permitted to use a suction nozzle in water, within 300 ft of river!
They are in my world!

Mike seems so in action that he could push this stone away himself..
Mike was a REAL worker!
Hope he's around when I go back!
They are in my world!

Another first for THMF.
As far as I have been able to determine by an exhaustive search of the Internet, YouTube included, herein lie the first documented attempts to move (Very) giant boulders for the specific purpose of mining beneath them, not incidental to other mining activities requiring the moving of (Lesser) boulders while following a pay streak, but as a method within itself, moving directly from boulder to boulder.
These first attempts, whether successful in the recovery of large quantities of gold or not (on this occasion, and for reasons outlined), will open a new page in the history of mining methods, and I am confident will open up new opportunities for the individual lacking mechanized equipment.
As I have learned, the radical environmentalists regularly monitor the mining forums, and have formerly shown a total disregard for truth or science in an almost maniacal policy of destroying one of the foremost industries this nation was built on, and needs still rely on if possible.
Being able to post here as a method of documentation without alerting the enemy in general is much appreciated.
Let the record stand here alone.
They are in my world!

Here You go

[Image: Rocks_Gehl_1.png]

[Image: Rocks_Garden_1.png]

[Image: Rocks_Gehl_2.png]

.... ok... Your boulders are much bigger....

Hmm2

[Image: 163.jpg]
Talk about new mining methods!
This is really unique!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...racks.html
They are in my world!

:uni:

[Image: 20041210_226_grua2.jpg]
[Image: hoeclamp1.jpg]
[Image: Exc.JPG]
Smoke
[Image: Drag+Line+HWY+80+Between+Wamsutter+and+R...s+WY+4.JPG]
toy I operated in Rock Springs, Wyo.
I think those toys would make short work of my targets.
Especially the last one pictured!
They are in my world!

FSB'House...as per your sample...

[Image: securedownload-1.jpg]

Hmm2 ...I think that boulder has only been sitting there for maybe 25 years or so,
after settling there during a rock slide.
It still retained some clinging soil from its former position farther up the draw,
and that's what the few small plants on top are living on.
Also, the boulder fracture edges look too new...
You might somehow trace the path of this boulder to its source and do some prospecting there...
...where, if it were me, I'd scan the area with a decent metal detector.
My thinking is that after the boulder was dislodged then exposure of its former resting place to the elements washed away the gold dust and left nuggets close to the surface which a detector could sense....  Rover

I may have to go back sooner than I'm thinking.
Gold has climbed to over $1600 per oz as of this morning.

Now if only the river would drop, but the temps are as cool as when I was there over a month ago!
61 degrees as I write this at 10:00AM and raining!
They are in my world!

Gold just hit $1670 moments ago.
Wonder where it will stop?
They are in my world!