Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gold fever!
Quote:Posted by Fsbirdhouse - 3 hours agohours ago

Something may be about to happen!

I think something maybe has???

Gold anneals @ ~1,947.1 degrees fever.

Large amount of gold and silver found in reservoirs under volcanoes in New Zealand
August 24, 2015 by Bob Yirka

Kinda looks like the D&M Pyramid.

[Image: taupovolcani.jpg]
Mount Ngauruhoe is the tallest peak of the Tongariro complex in the North Island of New Zealand. Credit: Photo by Don Swanson, 1984 (U.S. Geological Survey). via Wikipedia.
A small team of researchers with members from institutions in the U.S. and New Zealand has found that there are large deposits of gold and silver in at least six reservoirs beneath several volcanoes in New Zealand. In their paper published in the journal Geothermics, the team describes their investigation into geothermal systems in the V-shaped Taupo Volcanic Zone on New Zealand's North Island and just how much of the precious metal they believe is hiding down there

As part of their study, the team found that magma heating water in the volcanic zone had been breaking down rocks for quite some time, releasing the gold and silver in them. Those metal particles then fell to the floor of reservoirs that are hundreds of meters deep. The natural process is similar to the way modern precious metals are obtained—lode bearing rock is crushed and then sifted using water—the heavier metals land at the bottom where they are retrieved. In their studies, the team found examples of gold at over 20 parts per billion, and silver at 2,000 ppb.
The team believes the precious metals could be mined, yielding perhaps nearly three billion dollars worth of gold and three and a half billion in silver annually. Of course, companies hoping to take advantage of the find would have several hurdles to jump—new technology would have to be developed to get at the source (the research group suggests it would likely entail a two-phase pipeline that would allow for capturing the metals as the accumulate, rather than digging in the sediment to retrieve what has already fallen) and agreements would have to be made with others already tapping into the heated water—they use it as a geothermal energy source.

It has been known for some time that precious metals were embedded in subsurface rocks in the area, but in concentrations too low to make mining worthwhile. Testing samples below using hole sampling revealed much higher concentrations in deposits at the bottom of the reservoirs. The team noted that testing at two sites, Rotokawa and Mokai revealed even high concentrations, suggesting production of 680 to 7,500 kg of gold a year might be possible.
[Image: 1x1.gif] Explore further: Challenges and ethics of harvesting the mineral wealth of the deep sea
More information: Gold and silver resources in Taupo Volcanic Zone geothermal systems, Geothermics, Available online 14 August 2015.
Abstract 
Earlier investigations show that some geothermal systems of the Taupo Volcanic Zone are sites of precious metal transport and deposition. Gold and silver precipitate in hot springs, in subsurface hydrothermally altered rocks, and in two-phase pipelines associated with production wells, as a result of gas loss due to flashing and adsorption on to As and Sb-rich sulfur phases. The amounts of Au deposited in subsurface rocks may exceed several hundred thousand ounces, but the concentrations appear to be very low grade (<1 ppm Au). High-grade deposits are forming in hot springs, containing >500 ppm Au and >700 ppm Ag, but small metal inventories (<10,000 oz Au) and very high conservation value eliminate these sites as potential resources. 
Down hole sampling of production wells shows that deep reservoir waters have Au concentrations that range from <0.1 to >20 ppb and Ag concentrations that range from <2 to >2000 ppb. The limited data suggest that at modest concentrations, production wells could produce 0.3 to 3.0 kg Au/year, but that wells in Rotokawa, might produce 19–70 kg Au/year. For modest Ag concentrations, production wells could produce 3–100 kg Ag/year, but wells at Mokai and Rotokawa might produce 680–7500 kg Ag/year. The total amounts of aqueous Au and Ag in reservoirs could be on the order of tens of thousands of ounces Au and hundreds of thousands of ounces Ag, or more. 
New technologies need to be developed to extract the metals from the flow stream of production wells without interfering with geothermal energy production for continued metal extraction to be feasible. The alternative is to let precious metals accumulate in two-phase pipelines, to be recovered in intervals, when practical for steam field operations and optimal in terms of profitability.

via Sciencenews.org

Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2015-08-large-amount-gold-silver-reservoirs.html#jCp
Along the vines of the Vineyard.
With a forked tongue the snake singsss...
Gold Fever'
Can't go, but I can listen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-rHdSWZLpQ
So, the words Autumn and Fall are not to be capitalized?
They are in my world!

What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done; and there is nothing new under the sun.
Is there a thing of which it is said, "See, this is new?"It has been already, in the ages before us. Ecc 1: 9-10
fsb, to continue this here more easily conduce with the sluice.
I may have found sum clues that you maybe can find of use.

Definition of conduce

conduced

conducing

1. intransitive verb

2. :  to lead or tend to a particular and often desirable result : nano-gold particulates?

Quote:1.A Sixth Sense? Magneto Receptive Humans???
Saturday, December 31st, 2016, 05:22 am (This post was last modified: Saturday, December 31st, 2016, 05:26 am by Fsbirdhouse.)
Back to questions that are actually about magnets

A question that I have considered for several years, tho finding the answer would be quite simple and easy to do, it's practical application is no longer something I could do in the field. And I'm lazy.

Here is the question as best I can explain it.
If a magnet is slowly lowered above a magnetic object it is strong enough to pick up, will the magnet lower the recordable weight of that object 'before' it entirely overcomes it's weight and lifts/grabs the object?
Will it instead exert no change in the magnetic object's stability before actually lifting it at once?

2.A Sixth Sense? Magneto Receptive Humans???
Sunday, January 1st, 2017, 06:39 am
Ya know, I did a search and couldn't find anything that really answered that question.

Now the question seems strictly academic, but it may have profound implications for fine gold recovery in sluice boxes.
As material is fed into a sluice box, that box must be at a certain angle, the flow of water moving the material must be at a certain volume and speed to move all of the material across the riffles in the sluice box.
The material is of three main types. The heaviest being gold or platinum. The next would be 'Black Sands' and then the Blond sands.
What tends to happen in a sluice box is the magnetic 'Black Sands' will soon clog the gold trapping riffles, so the riffles are designed at a steeper angle of drop, coupled with a fast/heavier flow of water to clear the riffles in the sluice box, so as to leave room for them to trap the heavier, larger pieces of gold.

Now, if the riffles could be kept clean of the 'Black Sands' by reducing their actual weight magnetically, so reduced flows of water could push it down the length of short riffles without grabbing the sands (and thereby coating the magnets with that material) while at the same time reducing the angle of the box, those reduced flows of water over the riffles would not only push the 'Black' sands, but also the 'Blond' sands out so even the Super Micro fine gold particles could fall out of the water flow behind the riffles, rather than riding over the top of the Black Sand clogged riffles, massive amounts of this micro gold could at last be recovered that all previous attempts failed to recover in times past. Some rivers are known to have very much 'Unrecoverable fine gold' throughout their materials.
Whew!
Reinventing the sluicebox

First using cymatics find the ideal frequencies that will reverberate gold fines 
[Image: water_sound_yin_yang.gif]
and resoundingly reject   black sands...
[Image: f0c02090a0bee6439e4c4489a55dd8d5.jpg]

Next fsb you need to isolate and capture the Gold micro-particles...
[Image: 463480main_lagrange_point_lg_1.jpg]
Think LaGrange Points.
Say goodbye to carrie fisher. Hi

Then you need to spectrally identify the micro-gold

"The new technique uses a simple optical setup consisting of compact components that will allow the instrument to be miniaturized into a portable device about the size of a shoebox."
New microscope chemically identifies micron-sized particles
January 5, 2017

[Image: newmicroscop.jpg]
Multiple species of micron-sized particles are simultaneously illuminated by an infrared laser and a green laser beam. Absorption of the infrared laser light by the particles increases their temperatures,(Gold Anneals @)~1,9471 degrees Fahrenheit (1,064°C) causing them to expand and slightly altering their optical properties. These changes are unique to the material composition of each particle and can be measured by examining the modulation of scattered green light from each particle. Credit: Ryan Sullenberger, MIT Lincoln Laboratory
Researchers have developed a microscope that can chemically identify individual micron-sized particles. The new approach could one day be used in airports or other high-security venues as a highly sensitive and low-cost way to rapidly screen people for microscopic amounts of potentially dangerous materials.

Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2017-01-microscope-...s.html#jCp

After you read that article, now read this:

And the lower size limit for optical detection is recommended to be about 500 micrometers, whereas the most interesting—because probably the most harmful—microplastic particles and fibers are in the range down to one micrometer or even nanometers. On the other hand, spectroscopic techniques have been successfully implemented which can unambiguously characterize the quality of the plastic particle down to one micrometer, provided certain analytical requirements are met. The authors propose that these spectroscopic techniques, combined with the emerging thermoanalytical techniques, will provide reliable data in the future, but they need to be continually developed and optimized.

Assessing the amount, quality, and risk of microplastic contaminants in aquatic ecosystems

January 5, 2017

[Image: 586e325989ec9.gif]
Credit: Wiley
Since the first reports on a dramatic increase in microplastic contamination in the sea twenty years ago, research efforts have intensified worldwide. A review in the journal Angewandte Chemie has critically evaluated these studies and concludes that the analytical methods have to be harmonized to get comparable data. Further development is needed to assess particles in the lower micrometer range and below as well, as these pose the highest risks for aquatic ecosystems.

Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2017-01-amount-quality-microplastic-contaminants-aquatic.html#jCp

Finally fsb we'll toss in a catalytic converter of sorts at the end of the process...

You ELECTRIFY IT!!
[Image: 540-3_Coatings-Painting-Platig-Patching-...125a?%24300%24]
Plug that Sluice box into a juice box! LilD
[Image: gold-silver-recovery-system,-reverse-ele...078178.jpg]Definition of conduce
(EA Says: Naughty Don't try at home!)

But if you DID attempt this... your anode would be your intake and your cathode would be your drain.

or vice versa-(Ask an electrician)
Have had many thoughts start popping up about building the super fine/microscopic gold recovery system.
And if the magnet thing works as I'm hoping, how to maintain the volume of water necessary to pick up grapefruit sized stones, gravels and fine sands thru the hose to the sluicebox, and then separate to side sluices with reduced flow, while still retaining full force to push larger material over the main sluicebox...Triple sluice dredge!
[Image: triple.jpg]

I'd have to modify something like this to further reduce water flow over side sluices, but it'd still kinda look like this.

But first...the magnets!
Soon, very soon!
They are in my world!

What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done; and there is nothing new under the sun.
Is there a thing of which it is said, "See, this is new?"It has been already, in the ages before us. Ecc 1: 9-10
LilD  post the results!
I'll be digging deep in the jungle that is my garage this afternoon to locate the two big magnets I have.
The fellow who is coming over today to do our deep fried goose finger steaks (His and mine), has a digital Powder Scale for the test.
As the house sits directly on an ancient flood plain of the Snake river, I need only go between my driveway and the paved street we live on to get the black sands needed for the initial test.
They are in my world!

Seems doubtful that flood plain black sands that far from the river itself
would have enough micro grain gold to be economically viable.
However, you certainly could get sand right in the river holes at very low summer water.
I see people up here do similar action.
One guy here brings home boulders of gold bearing rock,
smashes them up in his back yard,
and from there I don't know what his process is.
One antique dealer I know -- my next door neighbor when we had shops in Seattle,
would be out on the sidewalk smashing peoples gold teeth for the gold.
It was somewhat repulsive,
but he always had a smile on his face.
Not to get too far ahead of myself (But I find I need to record thoughts or I forget).

Reducing flow of water in side sluices.

As a fairly strong flow of water needs be put in the hose to lift 4" dia. stones and accompanying gravels, even dividing the water thru 3 sluices instead of just one will not reduce the flow in the side sluices low enough to allow the ultra fines to fall out behind the riffles. The side sluices will need a system/feature that further reduces flow to a mere trickle, and that by a fine tuning adjustment.
Somewhere between the boxey compartment where the hose dumps the material onto a screen not exceeding 1/8" below which the materials are directed to the side sluices, and the beginning of the sluices riffles (Probably just inches above) the water flow has to be reduced by as much as 80%.
To this end, a two inch pipe spanning the width of the sluice box diagonally at a predetermined angle, and cut in half down it's length to grab and direct excess water (Much like a snow plow grabs and directs snow to the side of plow)
out the side of sluice box. Pipe could be twisted to grab more, or less as needed, but never lower than 3/8' from bed of sluice box so material could still pass below. This would be the adjustment of flow to clear riffles of the blond sands.
With an adjustment of flow to clear blond sands, and magnets to reduce weight of black sands thus allowing reduced flow of water over riffles as well, the ultimate balance needed in a small gold dredge to capture ultra fine values should reach it's maximum efficiency.

The gold in the Snake river is of the ultra fine type. Like talcum powder.
During the depression era, some locals worked this section of the Snake river here in town with the rather primitive, inefficient sluice boxes of the period.
They took 25,000 troy ounces of gold out of the river here in town itself.
Dang! I wish I'd known that 5 years ago when I went to California!

http://www.idahogold.net/tag/snake-river/
Blackfoot

Along the Snake River around Blackfoot the gravel bars and sand produce fine gold. Around 25,000 ounces have been found in this area.

V,
The initial test with the magnets only requires black sands.
If that works, the gold is only a hundred yards away!
They are in my world!

I'm sure I have these numbers all balled up,....but
If in 1898 men using shovels were able to profit $4 a day turning .2 yards of gravel when gold sold at 20$ per troy oz.
Then a man on a 5" gold dredge processing 4. yards of gravels a day with gold selling at $1252 per troy oz might expect to process out just at $1000 worth of gold a day.

The one caveat being a better gold recovery system possible now.
Hopefully?
They are in my world!

Alrighty then!
I was right, and thought I'd seen as much before.
Found magnet, dropped grabber screw on wood table, lowered magnet above it until I saw indication of slightest movement raised mag just a hair and dragged screw all over table.
A magnet will affect the weight of iron before it can lift it free! Hurrah!

Of course will still make measurements about how far above a sluice I will see optimum effects, and if water flow is enough to move iron beneath the magnet (I feel confident it will move with any force if magnet is just far enough away)
Not popping the cork on the bottle just yet, but the road ahead is clear.
They are in my world!

Jim.
Recall:

Eye work for you. Arrow

Focusing on grains, researchers solve a mystery of rivers' flow
March 29, 2017 by William Weir

[Image: focusingongr.jpg]
Credit: Yale University
Taking a simpler approach to a complex problem, Yale researchers have an answer for why large grains move more easily than smaller ones when driven by fluid flow along a riverbed—a question that has confounded scientists for decades.

Much of the natural world is shaped by flowing water that moves sediment, sand, pebbles, and other grains. Understanding exactly when and why grains begin to move in response to complex fluid forces would have major applications in ecology, agriculture, and other fields.
In the research group of Corey O'Hern, associate professor of mechanical engineering & materials science, physics, and applied physics, researchers developed computer simulations to observe how grains move and interact in a fluid flow over a granular bed—for instance, a river running over a bed of sand or gravel. Their results are published March 28 in Physical Review Fluid.
Determining how grains are carried along with the fluid flow is extremely complicated due to the many variables involved—including grain size, grain-grain friction, non-spherical grain shape, and fluid turbulence. When studying such a complex process, scientists often focus on the aspects of the problem they think are the most important and simplify other aspects as much as possible. Much of the prior research in this field has focused on the fluid forces that cause resting grains to start moving, but the Yale study suggests that more attention should be focused on what's happening while the grains are already in motion.
"Researchers have traditionally overemphasized the fluid mechanics and treated the grains more like a static bed," said Yale researcher Abram Clark, lead author of the study. "Our approach considers the problem of sediment transport from the other direction, focusing more on the granular bed—especially moving grains—and treating the fluid in a simple way. Instead of thinking about when static grains will first start to move, we're asking the question: When will moving grains stop?"
Grains in motion are essentially searching for a stable "pocket," or a local region of the bed surface where neighboring grains can support them against fluid forces. This study used theoretical calculations and computer simulations to explain a longstanding mystery of why large grains move significantly more easily than small grains, even after accounting for the difference in weight. The researchers found that the interaction between grains and fluid causes large grains and small grains to move in fundamentally different ways. Large grains accelerate as they hop along the bed, whereas small grains do not. This allows very small grains, such as silt or fine sand, to stop much more easily than coarse sand or pebbles. All other factors, such as the degree of fluid turbulence or other characteristics of the grains, play a secondary role.
The O'Hern group started with a model system that included size-dependent grain dynamics, but was otherwise as simple as possible. Despite starting with spherical, frictionless grains and a greatly simplified fluid flow, the results from the computer simulations were very close to those produced in nature, as collected in more than 100 years' worth of data from experiments and field studies. The group extended the simulations by varying additional parameters such as grain-grain friction, grain shape, and even the mathematical form of the fluid-grain interactions. However, as long as the correct size-dependent grain dynamics were included, the results were nearly identical to those found in nature.
"We do not add all of the physical effects into a model at once," said Clark, a postdoctoral research associate in O'Hern's research group. Simplifying the model to include only a few elements actually gives the researchers a clearer picture of the most important ingredients. "If you simplify a complex problem down to one or two ingredients, and you still predict the correct behavior, that's very strong evidence that those ingredients are responsible for the behavior that you're seeing in nature."
[Image: 1x1.gif] Explore further: Electrodeposition and annealing used to allow for adjusting hardness in nanograined metals
Provided by: Yale University

Read more at: https://phys.org/news/2017-03-focusing-g...s.html#jCp[url=https://phys.org/news/2017-03-focusing-grains-mystery-rivers.html#jCp][/url]

If this helps FSB...

Quote:Posted by EA - Yesterday, 10:34 pm
[Image: lilD.gif]  post the results!

Doh Oh yeah...
Quote:That’s simply the way physics has always worked: When all else fails, you place a new piece on the board and see how it moves.  
[Image: hi.gif] 
Eye do this everyday no hocus pocus@33
Gold is worthless against the power of improv.
Oh no!
I gotta stay away from this stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOGtgtEyesk

At home, the Snake river is almost at flood stage. This is way early.
I've never seen the river this high, this early. Spooky!

But, it is washing massive amounts of material into the area. If my plan to capture super microscopic gold 'Colors' pans out, August and September could be a lot of fun.
I will not spend the amount of money I did 5 season ago, as I am close to home. No sleeping, cooking, camping in a trailer. My next adventure will be two hundred yards away from where I type these words!
They are in my world!

Quote:My next adventure will be two hundred yards away from where I type these words!  LilD
Trying to think this thing thru before spending the first penny on it.

Hoping magnetic sign material will do the job over the sluice.
I can cut a piece that will cover entire top of sluice so there is no gap in magnetic coverage either down the length of the riffles, or the width of it so to keep black sand moving evenly.
Can be cut with scissors
Can be glued to a couple of sections of corrugated plastic that is crossed thatched for super stiff strength, and easily removed for quick clean-ups.
It is cheap
It is light
Can be bought at local sign shops

But....will it rust?
They are in my world!

if you are worried about rust ... veneer it with a coat of lacquer or a spray.
Si! Mr. V

Yeah.
They are in my world!

When I read this article
Neutron star smashup seen for first time, 'transforms' understanding of Universe
October 16, 2017 by Marlowe Hood

[Image: esotelescope.jpg]
This artist's impression shows two tiny but very dense neutron stars at the point at which they merge and explode as a kilonova. Such a very rare event is expected to produce both gravitational waves and a short gamma-ray burst, both of which were observed on 17 August 2017 by LIGO-Virgo and Fermi/INTEGRAL respectively. Subsequent detailed observations with many ESO telescopes confirmed that this object, seen in the galaxy NGC 4993 about 130 million light-years from the Earth, is indeed a kilonova. Such objects are the main source of very heavy chemical elements, such as gold and platinum, in the Universe. Credit: ESO/L. Calçada/M. Kornmesser
For the first time, scientists have witnessed the cataclysmic crash of two ultra-dense neutron stars in a galaxy far away, and concluded that such impacts forged at least half the gold in the Universe  

I recalled gold is bilched upwards although it is a very heavy element. Arrow

[Image: Volcanoes+are+good!+Produced+our+atmosphere.jpg]
http://www.mining.com/britain-plunges-in...any-17294/
[Image: BBC-screenshot-of-deep-sea-mining.jpg]

Annunaki Gold Leachers???
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
Channeling Michael Tellinger???

HUNDREDS OF 7000-YEAR-OLD STONE STRUCTURES DISCOVERED IN SAUDI ARABIA
[img=20x0]https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/f5e580f12aa98e9e55e662b574b872ac?s=20&d=mm&r=g[/img]GREGTHURSDAY, OCTOBER 19THHIDDEN HISTORYSACRED SITES682 VIEWS

[Image: volcano-gate.jpg?resize=962%2C549&ssl=1]
Stuff keeps getting older: an upcoming article in the journal Arabian Archaeology and Epigraphy will discuss the discovery of almost 400 mysterious stone structures at Harrat Khaybar, in west-central Saudi Arabia. The structures are believed to be around 7000 years old (that’s more than 2000 years older than the pyramids of Egypt).
Dubbed ‘gates’ by those studying them, as they look like fence gates when viewed from above, the structures are actually low, stone walls that “appear to be the oldest man-made structures in the landscape”,according to the author of the paper, Professor David Kennedy. “No obvious explanation of their purpose can be discerned.”
Quote:The smallest of the gates extends about 43 feet (13 meters), while the longest is 1,699 feet (518 m) long, or longer than an NFL football field. Many have multiple stone walls that, in some instances, form a rectangular design; some of the others, called “I” type gates, have only one stone wall with heaps of stone at each end.
“Gates are found almost exclusively in bleak, inhospitable lava fields with scant water or vegetation, places seemingly amongst the most unwelcoming to our species,” Kennedy wrote.

Some of the rock structures are even built on the side of old lava domes, and are partially covered by lava flows, indicating they are older than those flows.[img=750x0]https://i0.wp.com/www.dailygrail.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/volcano-gate.jpg?resize=962%2C549&ssl=1[/img]
Though many of the recent discoveries have been made through satellite surveys, the gates were noticed way back in the 1980s by volcanologists mapping the area. And some of the primary investigative work on the structures has been done by a group of Saudi Arabian citizens known as Desert Team. I highly recommend heading over to their site and browsing their webpage – they have posted an amazing number of photos showing these sites – and other, even more bizarre shaped structures – both from the sky, and on the ground. While most of the content is in Arabic, you can use Google Translate to get a good idea of the original text. And it’s worth noting, despite this being a ‘breaking’ story in the English world, these photos are from 2008.
For instance, here are a few other structures, which they’ve dubbed ‘comets’ and ‘triangles’, which range from tens to hundreds of metres in length (credit for all photos below to alsahra.org):
[img=626x0]https://i1.wp.com/www.dailygrail.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/saudi-arabian-comet-and-triangle.jpg?resize=626%2C430&ssl=1[/img]
And the ground photos give a different perspective entirely, such as this photo showing one of the ‘triangles’ above:
[img=750x0]https://i2.wp.com/www.dailygrail.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/gates-ground-level-credital-sahra-3.jpg?resize=1024%2C681&ssl=1[/img]
Interestingly, other ground-level photos appear to show some rocks that are a lot more regular in shape, perhaps suggesting that they were tooled into the rectangular shape?
[img=750x0]https://i0.wp.com/www.dailygrail.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/gates-ground-level-credital-sahra-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C681&ssl=1[/img](Credit alsahra.org)
No formal archaeological fieldwork has yet been conducted on the gates, so no doubt there is still much to learn about them. Could they be a variation on desert kites, similar structures in the area that are known to have been used for trapping animals? Or are they burial monuments similar ancient stone structures in other parts of the world? Another site for Graham Hancock to investigate perhaps?
Read more about the structures at Live Science, and as I said, be sure to check out the amazing images and information at the alsahra.org website.

Planet Nine Could Be Our Solar System's Missing 'Super Earth'

By Samantha Mathewson, Space.com Contributor | October 12, 2017 07:00am ET

[img=553x0]https://img.purch.com/w/660/aHR0cDovL3d3dy5zcGFjZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kvMDAwLzA3MC83NTcvb3JpZ2luYWwvZXhvcGxhbmV0MjAxNzEwMDQuanBn[/img][Image: aHR0cDovL3d3dy5zcGFjZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kv...EwMDQuanBn]

A possible "Planet Nine" in Earth's solar system would orbit far beyond Neptune's orbit (visible as a bright ring around the sun in this artist's illustration).

Credit: Tom Ruen/nagualdesign/ESO

Planet Nine is out there, and astronomers are determined to find it, according to a new statement from NASA. In fact, mounting evidence suggests it's hard to imagine our solar system without the unseen world. 

[Image: 6458261_orig.jpg] ???
Need to find some gold so I can buy one of these:

They also have more GOLD than ANY other country:

https://www.rt.com/business/405526-russi...-reserves/

Bob... Ninja Alien2
"The Morning Light, No sensation to compare to this, suspended animation, state of bliss, I keep my eyes on the circling sky, tongue tied and twisted just and Earth Bound Martian I" Learning to Fly Pink Floyd [Video: https://vimeo.com/144891474]
Ta Dah!

Well, day before yesterday I finally got off my slack hind end and performed the test after scouring YouTube for any information about similar experiments.
Couldn't find any.

Here is the outcome of the test. It is exactly as I envisioned!
I took friend's letter scale on loan to me, placed a block of Styrofoam on scale so as to not get big magnet too close to the digital scale.
Then placed a 5/8 washer in small, clear, plastic container so I could observe washer's reaction and lowered big magnet over washer very slowly by hand. Immediately the scale began to register a dramatic lowering of recorded weight, but the washer remained steady on the block of foam in the container.
I got a small length of tube, and placed one end on a raised object, slid the magnet on eye hook down the tube and raised the magnet so it was steadier over washer.
The scale then began to show the same weight decrease as before, but in more orderly fashion.
I continued to lower magnet over washer until it fluttered a bit (This was the point of zero weight effect) then a moment later the magnet captured the washer.
OK, now I hope to get a scrap of 60 mill magnetic sign material and begin experimenting with desired height above riffles in a sluice box that will be required to keep magnetic Black sands moving thru sluice with minimal water flow, thus allowing even the most micron pieces of gold to fall out and stay in sluice! It can be done now!
But there is a huge bit of frosting on this particular piece of cake I learned on YouTube that will be a by product of what I hope to do!
Gold in this video is slightly affected by a magnetic field, even tho it is a nonferrous metal.
Starting at minute 2:08
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMjODJG5n8M&t=245s
So! If I have a magnetic field lifting magnetic Black Sands to keep sluice box riffles clear at a much shallower angle of grade, and dramatically reduced flow of waters pushing that material, and the finest particles of micro fines of gold being slowed or even stopped immediately upon entering the magnetic field...it could be a dramatic game changer.
They are in my world!

We are going to the coast this next September, maybe for a week or ten days.
Jan surprised me and said she wants to go to Happy Camp California (where I was in 2011 at 'THE NEW FORTY NINERS'
gold club) for at least a couple of days on that trip.
That's great, but what are the lawmakers doing in that state? Since I was there, things have changed.

Just called 'The New Forty Niners' gold club in Happy Camp. Sounds like a trip there is rather problematic because of new Calif laws are not now allowing any suction devise to be used within 300 ft of any natural source of water, even if totally enclosed in a large tub and water being recirculating within it's confines.
I guess California doesn't want so much as a pebble being turned by a miner in that state.
Too bad! The dredgers used to create the perfect conditions for Salmon Redds in the Klamath river back when.

An example of how certain environmental groups there are just in the power mode.
A study was done about gold dredging, and Mercury removal. Modern gold dredges removed 98% of Mercury going across the sluice riffles trapping it for removal....Ah! But wait! That means the dredgers were "Introducing" the remaining 2% of the Mercury back into the waterway off their sluice boxes. Can't have that!
Page #8
https://www.waterboards.ca.gov/publicat ... rt2005.pdf
One must be astonished at their conclusions. Better to leave 98% of the Mercury in place that might have been removed by dredgers from the river system before the next major storm puts it all into motion at high water levels that will really get it moving en mass, and broken up between the grinding sands and boulders as well.
A dredger does his work in far lower water flows where such 2% of mercury has a chance to settle in between gravels and boulders at rest, and eventually settling down to bedrock as it always does. It could move all of a hundred yards, if that, instead of the miles it could migrate during a storm.
WHO DO THEY THINK THEY ARE KIDDING?
If you are a Liberal, Leftest environmentalist, power trumps common sense every time. Indeed going against common sense only highlights the extent of your power against the rights of others.
Oh well! Senseless or not,The GREAT ONES will have their way.
They are in my world!

Everyone is an Inventor
Do you want to easily Search, Analyze, Protect & Monetize ideas? You've come to the right place.

LOCI – Empowering Inventors to Search, Analyze, and Monetize Ideas | NewsWatch Review

[/url]
Share on Facebook

Tweet on Twitter

Biz Report
LOCI’s web applications are disrupting the global patent system and unlocking innovation by using blockchain technology to empower aspiring inventors to search, analyze, protect, and monetize their ideas without requiring them to first seek a prohibitively expensive and time-consuming patent.
Let’s say an inventor has an idea but can’t afford to run a professional patent search which often costs 2 grand or more. He or she goes to LOCISearch.com and inputs their idea to find out if it’s unique. They then use LOCI’s Invention Analysis to tweak his idea until it achieves an optimal LOCI Score, demonstrating that the idea is unique and likely patentable.
LOCI’s legal team then helps him file a Patent application as well as stake his idea on the Ethereum Blockchain. The idea can then be listed and sold on the LOCI Marketplace, without the inventor ever having to spend the massive amount of time and energy traditionally required to get a full patent.
LOCI has essentially built a marketplace for ideas. You might be solving someone’s problem without even knowing it!  Come analyze and monetize your idea on LociSearch.com.
Visit LOCI.IO to learn more today.

[Image: 3RiONCHtbxmCs4k0ZfK97pcEZvrFDx8BObyM0VNn...HbPWRCQ=s0]
1. Search IP
[Image: 6cI2yJEWnoIMN1NNPOe27eyNtImzON710ycQQrJI...YJ2F0zu=s0]
2. Analyze Ideas
[Image: X6MXIfELDgwNZvOQY0sHCXiRJ9cuLmiSeVKLEpbj...2E8ng=w206]
3. Protect Inventions
[Image: WvqsgfnZSvZW380OIh0tXZZfAlJYv_IOirVS8hPj...NapSA=w206]
4. Monetize IP

[Image: 3juzxLCPbQn3zPqWArh5ZbD5lmCWCjP5kcMxmexT...hujoI=w452]
Visually search the IP landscape for existing patents, for FREE
[color=rgba(102, 102, 102, 0.65)]With LOCI’s patented Venn diagram visualization, enhanced filtering, and easy to navigate design, you’re able to quickly identify whitespace in markets, find patents that improve your idea, or perhaps even avoid market saturation. Our patent searching tool is so robust, you’ll forget others existed. "Google Patents", who? 

Search Now for FREE
[/color]
Analyze your idea to see if it's uniqe for 95% less than a traditional patent search
[color=rgba(102, 102, 102, 0.65)]LOCI Invention Analysis allows an inventor (you) to see the uniqueness of an idea in just a few minutes, rather than weeks. The Analysis provides feedback on how to modify specific aspects of an idea in order to increase its uniqueness and novelty, and thus, improving the likelihood of your idea being awarded a patent. All this for 95% less than using a traditional patent search which costs $2k+.

Start Analyzing
[Image: 5ozqZu22mza2gj-6p65R4xLCe5dL-_kz7tV_WUiR...23QNs=w452]
[/color]
[Image: Ig90q8Zldm-4AJ4ih0i2fVfryRVnoq-cC8OLSsPx...8tebg=w452]
Start the process of monetizing your idea for as little as $50!
[color=rgba(102, 102, 102, 0.65)]At LOCI, we’re erasing the middleman and making it easier than ever for aspiring inventors to monetize their ideas. Start with a free Search, then input your idea to determine it's uniqueness. Tweak if needed until you achieve an optimal LOCI Score, then we'll help you file a Provisional Patent application and stake your idea on the blockchain for immutable proof you had it first. Finally, we'll help you sell, license, or otherwise monetize your idea! What are you waiting for?

Start the Process Now
[/color]
I want to learn more
I'm ready, let me in!

Quote:Thread Review (Newest First)
Posted by EA - 2 minutes ago
Everyone is an Inventor
Do you want to easily Search, Analyze, Protect & Monetize ideas? You've come to the right place.

LOCI – Empowering Inventors to Search, Analyze, and Monetize Ideas | NewsWatch Review

Share on Facebook
[/url] 
Tweet on Twitter

Biz Report
LOCI’s web applications are disrupting the global patent system and unlocking innovation by using blockchain technology to empower aspiring inventors to search, analyze, protect, and monetize their ideas without requiring them to first seek a prohibitively expensive and time-consuming patent.
Let’s say an inventor has an idea but can’t afford to run a professional patent search which often costs 2 grand or more. He or she goes to LOCISearch.com and inputs their idea to find out if it’s unique. They then use LOCI’s Invention Analysis to tweak his idea until it achieves an optimal LOCI Score, demonstrating that the idea is unique and likely patentable.
LOCI’s legal team then helps him file a Patent application as well as stake his idea on the Ethereum Blockchain. The idea can then be listed and sold on the LOCI Marketplace, without the inventor ever having to spend the massive amount of time and energy traditionally required to get a full patent.
LOCI has essentially built a marketplace for ideas. You might be solving someone’s problem without even knowing it!  Come analyze and monetize your idea on LociSearch.com.
Visit 
LOCI.IO to learn more today.

[Image: 3RiONCHtbxmCs4k0ZfK97pcEZvrFDx8BObyM0VNn...HbPWRCQ=s0]
1. Search IP
[Image: 6cI2yJEWnoIMN1NNPOe27eyNtImzON710ycQQrJI...YJ2F0zu=s0]
2. Analyze Ideas
[Image: X6MXIfELDgwNZvOQY0sHCXiRJ9cuLmiSeVKLEpbj...2E8ng=w206]
3. Protect Inventions
[Image: WvqsgfnZSvZW380OIh0tXZZfAlJYv_IOirVS8hPj...NapSA=w206]
4. Monetize IP

[Image: 3juzxLCPbQn3zPqWArh5ZbD5lmCWCjP5kcMxmexT...hujoI=w452]
Visually search the IP landscape for existing patents, for FREE
[color=rgba(102, 102, 102, 0.65)]With LOCI’s patented Venn diagram visualization, enhanced filtering, and easy to navigate design, you’re able to quickly identify whitespace in markets, find patents that improve your idea, or perhaps even avoid market saturation. Our patent searching tool is so robust, you’ll forget others existed. "Google Patents", who? 

Search Now for FREE
[/color]
Analyze your idea to see if it's uniqe for 95% less than a traditional patent search
[color=rgba(102, 102, 102, 0.65)]LOCI Invention Analysis allows an inventor (you) to see the uniqueness of an idea in just a few minutes, rather than weeks. The Analysis provides feedback on how to modify specific aspects of an idea in order to increase its uniqueness and novelty, and thus, improving the likelihood of your idea being awarded a patent. All this for 95% less than using a traditional patent search which costs $2k+.

Start Analyzing
[Image: 5ozqZu22mza2gj-6p65R4xLCe5dL-_kz7tV_WUiR...23QNs=w452]
[/color]
[Image: Ig90q8Zldm-4AJ4ih0i2fVfryRVnoq-cC8OLSsPx...8tebg=w452]
Start the process of monetizing your idea for as little as $50!
[color=rgba(102, 102, 102, 0.65)]At LOCI, we’re erasing the middleman and making it easier than ever for aspiring inventors to monetize their ideas. Start with a free Search, then input your idea to determine it's uniqueness. Tweak if needed until you achieve an optimal LOCI Score, then we'll help you file a Provisional Patent application and stake your idea on the blockchain for immutable proof you had it first. Finally, we'll help you sell, license, or otherwise monetize your idea! What are you waiting for?

Start the Process Now
[/color]
I want to learn more
I'm ready, let me in!

Posted by Fsbirdhouse - Friday, February 16th, 2018, 08:06 pm

Quote:We are going to the coast this next September, maybe for a week or ten days.
Jan surprised me and said she wants to go to Happy Camp California (where I was in 2011 at 'THE NEW FORTY NINERS'
gold club) for at least a couple of days on that trip.
That's great, but what are the lawmakers doing in that state? Since I was there, things have changed.

Just called 'The New Forty Niners' gold club in Happy Camp. Sounds like a trip there is rather problematic because of new Calif laws are not now allowing any suction devise to be used within 300 ft of any natural source of water, even if totally enclosed in a large tub and water being recirculating within it's confines.
I guess California doesn't want so much as a pebble being turned by a miner in that state.
Too bad! The dredgers used to create the perfect conditions for Salmon Redds in the Klamath river back when.
[url=http://thehiddenmission.com/forum/newreply.php?tid=4789]

A San Andreas fault mystery: The 'slow-moving disaster' in an area where the Big One is feared

By ALEJANDRA REYES-VELARDE  and RONG-GONG LIN II
NOV 01, 2018 | 5:00 AM

[size=undefined]A mysterious, slow moving natural disaster is threatening a railroad, pipeline and highway in California.
[/size]

VIDEO   http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me...story.html

The San Andreas fault begins its dangerous dance through California at the Salton Sea, at a spot that seismologists long have feared could be the epicenter of a massive earthquake.

But in recent months, this desolate location where the North American and Pacific plates rub together has become the focus of intense interest for a type of movement that is less the Big One than the Slow One.

A muddy spring mysteriously has begun to move at a faster pace through dry earth — first 60 feet over a few months, and then 60 feet in a single day, according to Imperial County officials.
[Image: 2000]

(Los Angeles Times)

There’s no evidence suggesting this is an immediate precursor to a large earthquake, said U.S. Geological Survey geophysicist Ken Hudnut, who visited the moving spring in July. In fact, the area has been seismically quiet in recent months, with relatively few earthquakes.

Hudnut and other experts stress the movement is not seismic activity. But it’s occurring partly as a result of historic earthquake activity that caused cracks, allowing gases produced deep underground to reach the earth’s surface.
The biggest worry is that the slow-moving scientific mystery could become destructive in other ways.
In its path are Union Pacific freight railroad tracks that connect the Inland Empire to Yuma, Ariz.; a petroleum pipeline owned by Kinder Morgan, one of North America’s largest energy companies; a stretch of fiber optic telecommunications lines owned by Verizon; and a portion of Highway 111, a major roadway connecting Interstate 10 in the Coachella Valley to the California-Mexico border.
“It’s a slow-moving disaster,” said Alfredo Estrada, Imperial County’s fire chief and emergency services coordinator.
[Image: la-1540484936-wvs5epsxrc-snap-image]

A bubbling mud pot that smells faintly of rotten eggs has moved more than 100 feet this year and is now threatening a major highway in the area. (Irfan Khan / Los Angeles Times)

Imperial County declared an emergency this summer, enabling officials to expedite efforts to prevent damage and perhaps even to stop the movement of the spring from getting closer to the railroad tracks.
So far, they haven’t worked.
Officials have been trying to drain water from the moving spring. Union Pacific built a 100-foot long wall of large boulders and steel more than 75 feet deep in the earth in an effort to protect the railroad.
But in October, the muddy spring sneaked underneath the wall, moving it ever closer to railroad tracks.
Overall, the pit, which produces a faint odor of rotten eggs, has moved more than 240 feet from where it was documented as being a decade ago. Based on publicly available satellite images, the spring hadn’t appeared to move much until roughly 2015, Hudnut said, but movement became particularly noticeable earlier this year.
Union Pacific has been forced to build temporary tracks to avoid running trains over land impacted by the spring. Trains are now moving more slowly through the area, according to the company.
The railroad may need to consider more permanent solutions, including building a bridge to bypass potentially unstable land, a company spokesman said.
[Image: la-1540484857-da8yiz5pnv-snap-image]

Union Pacific Railroad has already had to move its freight trains to an alternate temporary track because the mud pot has moved so close to the railroad line. (Irfan Khan / Los Angeles Times)

Caltrans is also prepared to shut down a portion of Highway 111 if the mud spring approaches the roadway, and has already planned a set of detours, said agency spokesman Ed Joyce.
Indeed, the movement of the spring, even at its fastest, is far slower than the speed of a common snail.
The spring has been traveling much like a moving sinkhole, with carbon dioxide bubbling up from a pool in a ditch, with the mud about 30 feet and 40 feet below the desert surface, Hudnut said.
As the spring moves through a soft sedimentary rock called mudstone, it leaves behind a sunken, sodden trail below the desert surface, Hudnut said.
Geologically, how mud springs form is somewhat similar to how sinkholes form — movement of liquid deep underground that undermines the earth’s surface, Hudnut said. A cavity forms underground, and expands upward until it breaks through to the surface, forming a circular pit that gets larger as it continues to erode from below.
Imperial County officials said the muddy spring of interest has been documented since the 1950s, and hadn’t moved for decades. Signs of movement were detected years ago, said David Lynch, a geophysicist who has been studying muddy springs for 12 years.
It was only in the last six months that it picked up enough speed that it began to pose a threat to man-made infrastructure, Imperial County officials said.
Muddy springs have been well known features of Imperial County’s Salton Trough for decades. They are not like Old Faithful at Yellowstone, a hot spring that involves water circulating underground that becomes superheated from molten rock.
The spring in question is actually only about 80 degrees Fahrenheit, Hudnut said. It’s bubbling not from boiling water, but carbon dioxide being created from deep underground the earth’s surface.
The carbon dioxide is probably being formed as a result of the geologic processes deep underneath this part of California. As thousands of years of loose sediment dumped by the Colorado River get pushed deeper underground, where there’s more pressure and heat, the material is getting cooked and transformed into sandstone or greenschist rock, which produces carbon dioxide, Hudnut said.
That carbon dioxide is likely coming out of the ground where there are fractures in the earth, Hudnut said.
More than a decade ago, Lynch and Hudnut published a study in the Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America documenting a number of muddy springs and similar geological phenomena. When mapped, the geothermal features formed a line that appeared to be a continuation of the San Andreas southeast of the conventionally accepted terminus of the fault. They wrote that the geothermal features “may represent a surface manifestation of the San Andreas fault southeast of the Salton Sea.”
The movement of muddy springs is not unheard of.
Max Rudolph, an assistant professor at UC Davis who studies geothermal activity in the Salton Trough, said similar features in other areas have moved, but it has taken decades or longer for there to be noticeable movement.
“We know [that in the 19th century] before the Salton Sea was present in the Salton Trough, early travelers described a treacherous environment with bubbling mud pots and springs that made travel across the trough nearly impossible,” he said, indicating that geothermal activity in that area has dramatically changed over hundreds of years.
The Salton Sea was formed accidentally in 1905 when the Colorado River breached its banks.
Onlookers would be wise to stay away from the spring. If people were to fall in, the toxic air and lack of oxygen would suffocate them in minutes, Lynch said. But the carbon dioxide thins out within a few feet of the hole.
The nearest community to the muddy spring is Niland, about five miles away.
Lynch said he expects the mud spring will continue moving. But its slow place should give agencies and companies plenty of time to prepare.
“It’s a quirky thing,” said Lynch, who has been consulting with Union Pacific since May. “If there was no railroad nearby, you wouldn’t even know about it. This would just be something out there chewing out the desert.”

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me...story.html

there is probably a small fortune of bubbling up to the surface in gold.
This is kinda freaky Cry sneaky and also very very dangerous.

Maybe this thing couldn't BLOW but it could get to ocean's edge and I think the Pacific Ocean would sink down inside and THEN BLOW

Bob... Ninja Assimilated
"The Morning Light, No sensation to compare to this, suspended animation, state of bliss, I keep my eyes on the circling sky, tongue tied and twisted just and Earth Bound Martian I" Learning to Fly Pink Floyd [Video: https://vimeo.com/144891474]
(11-01-2018, 11:32 PM)rhw007 Wrote: This is kinda freaky Cry sneaky and also very very dangerous.

Maybe this thing couldn't BLOW but it could get to ocean's edge and I think the Pacific Ocean would sink down inside and THEN BLOW

Bob... Ninja Assimilated

California Hit By 39 Quakes In 24 Hours As Scientists Warn Of "Movement Along The San Andreas Fault"

[Image: picture-5.jpg?itok=LY4e264-]
by Tyler Durden
Sat, 11/03/2018 - 19:45

SHARES
TwitterFacebookRedditEmailPrint

Authored by Michael Snyder via The Economic Collapse blog,
A series of large earthquakes has rattled California over the last 24 hours, and scientists are telling us that the shaking was the result of “movement along the San Andreas Fault system”
[img=500x0]https://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/inline-images/2018-11-03_9-27-02.jpg[/img]
In recent months there has been an alarming amount of seismic activity all along “the Ring of Fire”, and there have been times when the number of global earthquakes has been way above normal.  Could it be possible that all of this unusual seismic activity is leading up to something?  As you will see below, experts are telling us that we are overdue for the “Big One” to hit California.  And when it does eventually strike, it could be far worse than most people would dare to imagine.

Most of the 39 significant earthquakes that have struck California within the last 24 hours have happened along the San Andreas Fault.  The following comes from CBS News

Quote:A swarm of earthquakes along the San Andreas Fault, the largest measuring a 4.1 magnitude, rumbled through the Hollister area and the Salinas Valley Friday morning. CBS San Francisco, citing officials, reports the quakes rattled nerves but caused no major damage.
According to the U.S. Geological Survey, the 4.1 quake hit at 5:58 a.m. PDT 12 miles southwest of the small community of Tres Pinos. It was followed by quakes measuring 3.6, 3.2 and 3.0.
[size=undefined][size=undefined]
Officials are saying that this shaking was caused by “movement along the San Andreas Fault system”, and the initial magnitude 4.1 quake was quickly followed by a series of more than 20 aftershocks…[/size][/size]

Quote:After a magnitude 4.1 earthquake struck 12 miles from Hollister at 5:58 a.m., more than 20 aftershocks rattled the area in the following hours. The smaller quakes registered as high as 3.6 magnitude and were felt as far away as Monterey and Santa Cruz.
When you live in an area that sits along a major earthquake fault, it can be easy to forget the potential danger if nothing happens for an extended period of time.
But the danger is always there, and for many California residents the rattling that we witnessed on Friday was a clear reminder of that fact.
Thankfully, these earthquakes did not cause substantial damage, but local residents were definitely shaken up…[/size][/size]

Quote:One in Hollister said: “Was asleep, felt like someone was shaking the bed.”
Another resident in Monterey Bay expressed concern that recent quakes could indicate a major earthquake – commonly known as the ‘Big One’ – could be on the way.
They wrote: “Been feeling a lot of tremors the last several months.
“The Hayward Fault is overdue and coming to thump. Any time now. It’s definitely coming relatively soon.”
Hopefully this current shaking will fizzle out and things will go back to normal.
But experts tell us that California is definitely overdue for a major earthquake and that “the Big One” will happen at some point[/size][/size]

Quote:Experts say California is overdue for a huge earthquake with some warning a major magnitude 7.0 is likely within the next 30 years.
A 2008 report by USGS described the Hayward Fault, which runs to the east of San Francisco, as a “tectonic time bomb” which could threaten the city’s seven million residents.
And when “the Big One” does strike, it could potentially be far worse than most people have ever imagined.
In a previous article, I quoted from a news story about a recent study that concluded that a major earthquake could potentially “plunge large parts of California into the sea almost instantly”...[/size][/size]

Quote:The Big One may be overdue to hit California, but scientists near LA have found a new risk for the area during a major earthquake.
They claim that if a major tremor hits the area, it could plunge large parts of California into the sea almost instantly.
The discovery was made after studying the Newport-Inglewood fault, which has long been believed to be one of Southern California’s danger zones.
When I first read that, I was absolutely stunned.

Trending Articles

Partisanship Rules At The Midterms[/size][/size]

As the U.S. midterms approach, a  by YouGov suggests that there is only one thing at the front of most voters' minds.

[/size][/size]

But according to Cal State Fullerton professor Matt Kirby, there is a very strong possibility that this could actually happen someday…[/size][/size]

Quote:Cal State Fullerton professor Matt Kirby, who worked with the Leeper on the study, said the sinking would occur quickly and likely result in part of California being covered by the sea.
“It’s something that would happen relatively instantaneously,” Prof Kirby said. “Probably today if it happened, you would see seawater rushing in.”
The fact that our planet is entering a time of unprecedented seismic activity has been a major theme in my work for a very long time, and I am particularly concerned about the west coast.  Just a few weeks ago, there was some unusual shaking farther north along the Cascadia Subduction Zone, and I anticipate that the shaking of coastal areas will continue to intensify until things finally break loose.
And the truth is that we can see signs of impending change all around us.  Down in southern California, a “moving sinkhole” is now traveling up to 60 feet a day, and it is “destroying everything in its path”[/size][/size]

Quote:It is the beginning of the San Andreas fault, where experts fear ‘The Big One’ could begin.
But a small, bubbling pool of mud that stinks of rotting eggs near the Salton Sea is causing concern.
[img=500x0]https://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/inline-images/2018-11-03_9-32-12.jpg[/img]
Dubbed ‘the slow one’, experts studying the phenomenon say it is similar to a ‘moving sinkhole’ – and is speeding up, destroying everything in its path.
Imperial County officials studying the muddy spring say it has has been increasing in speed through – first 60 feet over a few months, and then 60 feet in a single day.
Of course this is not just a west coast phenomenon.  We have been witnessing unusual seismic activity all over the world, and it has become very clear that our planet is becoming increasingly unstable.
Natural disasters are going to continue to grow worse and worse, and that is going to have extremely serious implications for all of us.[/size]
[/size]
The whole Solar System is freaking out too:

Lights on Uranus

05-11-2018 09:35 AM CET

[Image: Polar_lights_on_Uranus_large.jpg]
Space Science Image of the Week: Hubble's view of the most intense aurora ever seen on ice giant Uranus

You are subscribed to ESA Space News for European Space Agency.

Uranus is the one where the "Poles" are parallel to the orbit around the Sun, not the top or bottom of the planet but the front and back end. Mouth and Anus go in same direction as the orbit.

ONLY planet that does this. NASA's "explanation" doesn't really have one, just some "guesses" .

Bob... Ninja Assimilated 

Earth is about to be FRACKED UP !!!

http://www.esa.int/Our_Activities/Operat...ce_weather
Completely New Form of Gold Created
By Yasemin Saplakoglu, Staff Writer August 2, 2019 07:09am ET
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • MORE

[img=553x0]https://img.purch.com/w/660/aHR0cDovL3d3dy5saXZlc2NpZW5jZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kvMDAwLzEwNi83MjAvb3JpZ2luYWwvZ29sZDg3NXg1MDAuanBn[/img][Image: aHR0cDovL3d3dy5saXZlc2NpZW5jZS5jb20vaW1h...g1MDAuanBn]

To figure out the structure of gold at extreme conditions, researchers hit the gold with x-rays and detected where they bounced off (the signals for the different structures can be seen in this image).
Credit: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Under extreme conditions, gold rearranges its atoms and forms a previously unknown structure. And when the pressures were pushed to the equivalent of those at the center of the Earth, the gold got even weirder.
The finding comes from a new study in which researchers from the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) and the Carnegie Institution for Science practiced their 21st-century alchemy at the Argonne National Laboratory in Illinois. Using a high-energy laser, they heated gold to extreme temperatures and compressed it to pressures as high as those found at the center of the Earth.
More specifically, they put a little piece of plastic in front of a chunk of gold and then shot a high-energy laser through the plastic, which "basically causes an explosion that sends plastic one way and shock waves in the opposite direction," said lead author Richard Briggs, a postdoctoral scientist at LLNL. [The 8 Biggest Mysteries About Earth]
Those shock waves hit the gold and caused it to compress and heat up extremely quickly, within nanoseconds. They then hit the gold with X-rays and detected where the x-rays bounced off in order to figure out its structure. This is "the first time that we've ever been able to reach such high-pressure and high-temperature conditions and look at them at the same time using X-rays," Briggs told Live Science. What they saw was "certainly a surprise."
Gold usually forms a crystalline structure that materials scientists call face-centered cubic (fcc). Imagine a cube like a die. Atoms would sit on each corner and each face, Briggs said. But most experiments conducted on gold have involved compressing it slowly and at room temperature, he added.
Because it so loyally forms this face-centered cubic structure, gold has been used as a kind of "standard" in high-pressure experiments to calculate pressure, Briggs said. But when Briggs and his team rapidly compressed the gold at high temperatures, it formed what's called the body-centered cubic (bcc) structure. This more-open structure packs atoms into a space in a less-efficient way, which means the gold doesn't prefer to be in this form, he said. If you were to imagine the die again, it would be as if atoms sat on each corner, with just one atom in the middle.
The finding that gold can form this new structure may change the way scientists use the element as a standard in high-pressure experiments, Briggs said.
The team found that the structure of gold began to change from fcc to bcc at around 220 gigapascals (GPa), which is 2.2 million times our planet's atmospheric pressure, the researchers said in a statement. What's more, when the researchers compressed the gold beyond 250 GPa to pressures equivalent to that found at the center of the Earth (around 330 GPa), it melted.
The findings were published July 24 in the journal Physical Review Letters.

[size=undefined]
Originally published on Live Science.[/size]
AUGUST 6, 2019
Scientists create the world's thinnest gold
by University of Leeds
[Image: 13-scientistscr.jpg]A gold nanosheet that is just two atoms thick. It has been artificially coloured. Credit: University of Leeds
Scientists at the University of Leeds have created a new form of gold which is just two atoms thick—the thinnest unsupported gold ever created.

The researchers measured the thickness of the gold to be 0.47 nanometres—that is one million times thinner than a human finger nail. The material is regarded as 2-D because it comprises just two layers of atoms sitting on top of one another. All atoms are surface atoms—there are no 'bulk' atoms hidden beneath the surface.
The material could have wide-scale applications in the medical device and electronics industries—and also as a catalyst to speed up chemical reactions in a range of industrial processes.
Laboratory tests show that the ultra-thin gold is 10 times more efficient as a catalytic substrate than the currently used gold nanoparticles, which are 3-D materials with the majority of atoms residing in the bulk rather than at the surface.
Scientists believe the new material could also form the basis of artificial enzymes that could be applied in rapid, point-of-care medical diagnostic tests and in water purification systems.
The announcement that the ultra-thin metal had been successfully synthesised was made in the journal Advanced Science.
[Image: 14-scientistscr.jpg]

An image from an electron microscope shows the arrangement of the atoms on the gold nanosheet. Credit: University of Leeds
[size=undefined]
The lead author of the paper, Dr. Sunjie Ye, from Leeds' Molecular and Nanoscale Physics Group and the Leeds Institute of Medical Research, said: "This work amounts to a landmark achievement.
"Not only does it open up the possibility that gold can be used more efficiently in existing technologies, it is providing a route which would allow material scientists to develop other 2-D metals.
"This method could innovate nanomaterial manufacturing."
The research team are looking to work with industry on ways of scaling-up the process.
Synthesising the gold nanosheet takes place in an aqueous solution and starts with chloroauric acid, an inorganic substance that contains gold. It is reduced to its metallic form in the presence of a 'confinement agent' - a chemical that encourages the gold to form as a sheet, just two atoms thick.

Because of the gold's nanoscale dimensions, it appears green in water—and given its shape, the researchers describe it as gold nanoseaweed.
[Image: 15-scientistscr.jpg][/size]

Gold nanosheets that are just two atoms thick. Credit: University of Leeds
[size=undefined]
Images taken from an electron microscope reveal the way the gold atoms have formed into a highly organised lattice. Other images show gold nanoseaweed that has been artificially coloured.
Professor Stephen Evans, head of the Leeds' Molecular and Nanoscale Research Group who supervised the research, said the considerable gains that could be achieved from using these ultra-thin gold sheets are down to their high surface-area to volume ratio.
He said: "Gold is a highly effective catalyst. Because the nanosheets are so thin, just about every gold atom plays a part in the catalysis. It means the process is highly efficient."
Standard benchmark tests revealed that gold nanoscale sheets were ten times more efficient than the gold nanoparticles conventionally used in industry.
Professor Evans said: "Our data suggests that industry could get the same effect from using a smaller amount of gold, and this has economic advantages when you are talking about a precious metal."
Similar benchmark tests revealed that the gold sheets could act as highly effective artificial enzymes.
[Image: 5d4947bfdfc6b.jpg][/size]

Credit: University of Leeds
[size=undefined]
The flakes are also flexible, meaning they could form the basis of electronic components for bendable screens, electronic inks and transparent conducting displays.
Professor Evans thinks there will inevitably be comparisons made between the 2-D gold and the very first 2-D material ever created—graphene, which was fabricated at the University of Manchester in 2004.
He said: "The translation of any new material into working products can take a long time and you can't force it to do everything you might like to. With graphene, people have thought that it could be good for electronics or for transparent coatings—or as carbon nanotubes that could make an elevator to take us into space because of its super strength.
"I think with 2-D gold we have got some very definite ideas about where it could be used, particularly in catalytic reactions and enzymatic reactions. We know it will be more effective than existing technologies—so we have something that we believe people will be interested in developing with us."[/size]

[size=undefined]

Explore further
The golden path towards new two-dimensional semiconductors[/size]

[size=undefined]
Provided by University of Leeds[/size]

[size=undefined]https://phys.org/news/2019-08-scientists...-gold.html[/size]