Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Archaeologists Believe They Found Location Where Jesus Christ Taught
Arnik,now that you have offered your opinion on what is what.
I call bullshit on your opinion but am glad you made it.Thanks.

Someone lock this thread please.

HERE IT ALL BEGAN

[Image: about.jpg]

For nearly two thousand years, the ancient biblical city of Bethsaida on the shores of the Sea of Galilee (one of the most frequently mentioned towns in the New Testament, more than Bethlehem and Nazareth) had been lost to humanity and was assumed by many to be a myth. Here, according to the New Testament of the Bible, the Apostles of Jesus, Peter, Andrew, and Phillip, were born. Here too, Jesus performed some of his miracles, including healing of a blind man, the feeding of the multitudes (“miracle of the five loaves and two fish”), and walking on the water of the Sea of Galilee. And here too, Phillip, the son of Herod the Great, upgraded the city to the status of a Greek city, where he was subsequently buried after his death, His Royal thumb is still somewhere under this old mount.

Bethsaida is also related to one os the most important documents ever written and still never been found: The Q Source. This document contain collection of sayings of Jesus, assumed to be one of two written sources behind the Gospel of Matthew and the Gospel of Luke.
It was not until 1987, through the pioneering work of the Israeli archaeologist, Prof. Rami Arav, that the location of Bethsaida was finally revealed. Scientific investigations and excavations have been conducted at the site since 1990 through a consortium of universities.
http://www.bethsaida.tv/aboutBethsaida.html
Along the vines of the Vineyard.
With a forked tongue the snake singsss...
In fact I see a child prodigy magician practicing his act at an innoportune moment in the elders lives.
I see a son of a priestly archae-tekton schooled well beyond his years by his father's and other's teachings.

Experimenting preteens may have different brain processes

[Image: brain.jpg]
White matter fiber architecture of the brain. Credit: Human Connectome Project.

Quote:Preteens who experiment or explore new things may have brain processes that work differently than those of preteens who do not, according to a study released today that will be presented at the American Academy of Neurology's 67th Annual Meeting in Washington, DC, April 18 to 25, 2015.

[Image: boy-jesus-in-the-temple-39538-gallery.jpg]

"The beginning of adolescence is associated with seeking new experiences and increasing exploratory behaviors, but little research has been done to measure that increase or to look at what happens in the brain during this period," said study author Andrew Kayser, MD, PhD, with the University of California San Francisco and a member of the American Academy of Neurology. "Studies with adults have begun to look at individual differences in willingness to seek new experiences, and some studies have tied willingness to explore with an area of the brain called the rostrolateral prefrontal cortex, which is responsible for higher level decision-making."

The study involved 62 girls between the ages of 11 and 13 who completed a task that measured their exploratory and experimenting behavior. They also underwent MRI brain scans.

The reward-based task involved a clock face. The second hand of the clock made a complete rotation over five seconds. The girls were told that they would earn points based on when they stopped the second hand. As a result, they had to explore the clock by stopping it at different times in order to learn what action would be rewarded most.

Based on their behavior on the task, the group was split into 41 "explorers" and 21 "non-explorers."

The researchers then compared their brain scans and identified a connection that was stronger in explorers than in non-explorers between the rostrolateral prefrontal cortex and the posterior insula and putamen, parts of the brain sensitive to the "state of the body" and "carrying out actions," respectively. Interestingly, activity in the putamen and insula seemed to influence the rostrolateral prefrontal cortex, rather than the other way around.

"This research is fascinating because it could help us to understand how exploration can lead to both good and bad behaviors that promote or reduce well-being in teenagers," said Kayser. "If we can better understand these brain connections, down the road we may be able to come up with a way to better identify teens most likely to engage in dangerous or risky behaviors."

[Image: den-of-thieves-2.jpg]

Provided by  American Academy of Neurology
http://medicalxpress.com/news/2015-02-pr...brain.html

Suffer the children.
[flash=555,333]https://www.youtube.com/v/YlWz_q5DVRA[/flash]

Hmm2 Imagine the "FOUNDATION CLASS" jesus the tekton recieved as a 3.3 year old  Damned

Lock this thread before Arnik cries please.
Quote:2 And when Jesus saw what was done, he was wroth and said unto him: O evil, ungodly, and foolish one, what hurt did the pools and the waters do thee? behold, now also thou shalt be withered like a tree, and shalt not bear leaves, neither root, nor fruit. 3 And straightway that lad withered up wholly, but Jesus departed and went unto Joseph's house.
IV. 1 After that again he went through the village, and a child ran and dashed against his shoulder. And Jesus was provoked and said unto him: Thou shalt not finish thy course (lit. go all thy way). And immediately he fell down and died. But certain when they saw what was done said: Whence was this young child born, for that every word of his is an accomplished work? And the parents of him that was dead came unto Joseph, and blamed him, saying: Thou that hast such a child canst not dwell with us in the village: or do thou teach him to bless and not to curse: for he slayeth our children.

V. 1 And Joseph called the young child apart and admonished him, saying: Wherefore doest thou such things, that these suffer and hate us and persecute us? But Jesus said: I know that these thy words are not thine: nevertheless for thy sake I will hold my peace: but they shall bear their punishment. And straightway they that accused him were smitten with blindness. 2 And they that saw it were sore afraid and perplexed, and said concerning him that every word which he spake whether it were good or bad, was a deed, and became a marvel. And when they (he ?) saw that Jesus had so done, Joseph arose and took hold upon his ear and wrung it sore. 3 And the young child was wroth and said unto him: It sufficeth thee (or them) to seek and not to find, and verily thou hast done unwisely: knowest thou not that I am thine? vex me not.

Bulleeyay, you call bullshit on my opinion but if you can't see something wrong with a child who withers, kills, blinds and threatens, then you are a sociopath.  Rather than deal with the message though, I see you are attempting to mock the messenger and draw me into your mess.  Read the thread Subject. I'm not the Subject or maybe that has escaped you.  Your behavior lessens this forum.  Why would anyone want to participate if they will be attacked?

Gosh, does this mean you will take away more mojo and so hurt my feelings, sniff.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." --Aldous Huxley
(02-22-2015, 11:58 PM)ArniK link Wrote:Bulleeyay, you call bullshit on my opinion but if you can't see something wrong with a child who withers, kills, blinds and threatens, then you are a sociopath. 

Your opinion is duly noted.Thank you.
My opinion is I truly noted you never read what you wanted to read into it.

I will re-post the synopsis in your synapses.

[sub]Bulleeyay, you call bullshit on my opinion but if you can't see something wrong with a child who withers, kills, blinds and threatens, then... [/sub]
[b]... when the young child ceased speaking, immediately all they were made whole which had come under his curse. And no man after that durst provoke him, lest he should curse him, and he should be maimed.
[b]

Actually I See God himself as the ultimate sociopath but what the hell do I know. Dunno
I never slayed anybody. Mellow
[Image: 16238405031_b41f2751ac_o.jpg]
Lock this thread please and thank you.
This Magdala thread sure seems to preturb and disturb. Hmm2

Sorry.not my hang-up. Dunno

So how did Mary become a repentant whore in Christian legend?  Dunno

Quote: Critical scholarship has provided the answer to this question: [b]It happened as a conscious attempt on the part of later interpreters of the Gospels to diminish her.

They did this by identifying her with other women mentioned in the Gospels  Naughty , most notably the unnamed sinful woman who anoints Jesus’ feet with ointment and whose sins he forgives (Luke 7:36–50)

and the unnamed woman taken in adultery (John 7:53–8:11).6 

This conflation of texts was given sanction in the sixth century by Pope Gregory the Great (540–604) in a famous homily in which he holds Mary up as a model of penitence.
Pope Gregory positively identified the unnamed anointer and adulteress as Mary, and suggested that the ointment used on Jesus’ feet was once used to scent Mary’s body.
The seven demons Jesus cast out of Mary were, according to Gregory, the seven cardinal sins, which include lust.
But, wrote Gregory, when Mary threw herself at Jesus’ feet, “she turned the mass of her crimes to virtues, in order to serve God entirely in penance.”7

Thus was invented the original hooker with a heart of gold.

[flash=555,333]https://www.youtube.com/v/beWzKdYLSvA[/flash]
[move]No more 'hocus-pocus'  Naughty [/move]
Pope Gregory the Great not so great in my opinion. Spam

Interestingly, the legend of Mary the penitent whore is found only in the Western church;[sup] in the Eastern church she is honored for what she was, a witness to the resurrection[/sup]. Another Gregory, Gregory of Antioch (also sixth century), in one of his homilies, has Jesus say to the women at the tomb: “Proclaim to my disciples the mysteries which you have seen. Become the first teacher of the teachers. Peter, who has denied me, must learn that I can also choose women as apostles.”8

Mary’s historical role as an apostle is clearly tied to her experience of an appearance of the risen Christ. As noted above, in the Gospel of John, Mary Magdalene goes alone to the tomb, where she is the first to see the risen Jesus. He tells her to tell his “brethren” that he is ascending to God the Father. She then goes to the disciples and tells them what she has seen and heard (John 20:1, 11–19).9 Later that same day Jesus appears to the disciples gathered behind closed doors. He thus confirms in person the message Mary had given them. In contrast to Luke’s picture of Mary, in John she emerges as an “apostle to the apostles.” 10[/b]
http://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily...rostitute/

Read the thread Subject.
[flash=200,200]https://www.youtube.com/v/X8fGFBWO0Rk[/flash]
Arnik is correct he is not the thread subject and is also not subject to the new evidence in this thread.
Eye exonerate him,I should know...

http://medicalxpress.com/news/2015-01-br...ffect.html
[Image: braziliansci.jpg]
http://keithlaney.net/SMF/index.php?topic=15657.20

Because my thread is sum thing about mary...    Dunno like duh. Dunno

Worship "Witness of Witnesses."  Mellow
[Image: 16429279109_45ea921bf1_o.gif]
Worship "apostle to the apostles."  Mellow

Quote: Whistle Rather than deal with the message though, I see you are attempting to mock the messenger and draw me into your mess.  Whistle

This conflation of texts was given sanction in the sixth century by Pope Gregory the Great (540–604) in a famous homily in which he holds Mary up as a model of penitence.
Pope Gregory positively identified the unnamed anointer and adulteress as Mary, and suggested that the ointment used on Jesus’ feet was once used to scent Mary’s body.
The seven demons Jesus cast out of Mary were, according to Gregory, the seven cardinal sins, which include lust.
But, wrote Gregory, when Mary threw herself at Jesus’ feet, “she turned the mass of her crimes to virtues, in order to serve God entirely in penance.”7

This ain't my mess.

Nice try.  Rofl Rofl Rofl

Quote:Your behavior lessens this forum.  Why would anyone want to participate if they will be attacked?

You are not attacked in fact you are welcome back.

I don't know you from a hole in the ground so why do you take this personally.

[Image: 16243862431_039e1a57e3_o.jpg]

start another thread in this one's stead.

Keith,Wook... kill the switch before Arnik sulks

(02-22-2015, 12:41 PM)Fsbirdhouse link Wrote:[quote author=EA link=topic=15657.msg177420#msg177420 date=1424558824]
I missed this one but better late than never,All things considered we can recall the abacus as we view the latest in physics and cosmology applied to darwin.

A New Physics Theory of Life

A physicist has proposed the provocative idea that life exists because the law of increasing entropy drives matter to acquire life-like physical properties

January 28, 2014 |By Natalie Wolchover and Quanta Magazine

Quote:Why does life exist?

[Image: 8774F4AF-A8B9-4ED1-8A268EA82FA3F216_article.jpg?ACDF2]
A computer simulation by Jeremy England and colleagues shows a system of particles confined inside a viscous fluid in which the turquoise particles are driven by an oscillating force. Over time, the force triggers the formation of more bonds among the particles.
Courtesy of Jeremy England

Popular hypotheses credit a primordial soup, a bolt of lightning and a colossal stroke of luck. But if a provocative new theory is correct, luck may have little to do with it. Instead, according to the physicist proposing the idea, the origin and subsequent evolution of life follow from the fundamental laws of nature and “should be as unsurprising as rocks rolling downhill.”

From the standpoint of physics, there is one essential difference between living things and inanimate clumps of carbon atoms: The former tend to be much better at capturing energy from their environment and dissipating that energy as heat. Jeremy England, a 31-year-old assistant professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, has derived a mathematical formula that he believes explains this capacity. The formula, based on established physics, indicates that when a group of atoms is driven by an external source of energy (like the sun or chemical fuel) and surrounded by a heat bath (like the ocean or atmosphere), it will often gradually restructure itself in order to dissipate increasingly more energy. This could mean that under certain conditions, matter inexorably acquires the key physical attribute associated with life.

“You start with a random clump of atoms, and if you shine light on it for long enough, it should not be so surprising that you get a plant,” England said.

England’s theory is meant to underlie, rather than replace, Darwin’s theory of evolution by natural selection,
which provides a powerful description of life at the level of genes and populations. “I am certainly not saying that Darwinian ideas are wrong,” he explained. “On the contrary, I am just saying that from the perspective of the physics, you might call Darwinian evolution a special case of a more general phenomenon.”

His idea, detailed in a recent paper and further elaborated in a talk he is delivering at universities around the world, has sparked controversy among his colleagues, who see it as either tenuous or a potential breakthrough, or both.

England has taken “a very brave and very important step,” said Alexander Grosberg, a professor of physics at New York University who has followed England’s work since its early stages. The “big hope” is that he has identified the underlying physical principle driving the origin and evolution of life, Grosberg said.

“Jeremy is just about the brightest young scientist I ever came across,” said Attila Szabo, a biophysicist in the Laboratory of Chemical Physics at the National Institutes of Health who corresponded with England about his theory after meeting him at a conference. “I was struck by the originality of the ideas.”

Others, such as Eugene Shakhnovich, a professor of chemistry, chemical biology and biophysics at Harvard University, are not convinced. “Jeremy’s ideas are interesting and potentially promising, but at this point are extremely speculative, especially as applied to life phenomena,” Shakhnovich said.

England’s theoretical results are generally considered valid. It is his interpretation — that his formula represents the driving force behind a class of phenomena in nature that includes life — that remains unproven. But already, there are ideas about how to test that interpretation in the lab.

“He’s trying something radically different,” said Mara Prentiss, a professor of physics at Harvard who is contemplating such an experiment after learning about England’s work. “As an organizing lens, I think he has a fabulous idea. Right or wrong, it’s going to be very much worth the investigation.”

At the heart of England’s idea is the second law of thermodynamics, also known as the law of increasing entropy or the “arrow of time.” Hot things cool down, gas diffuses through air, eggs scramble but never spontaneously unscramble; in short, energy tends to disperse or spread out as time progresses. Entropy is a measure of this tendency, quantifying how dispersed the energy is among the particles in a system, and how diffuse those particles are throughout space. It increases as a simple matter of probability: There are more ways for energy to be spread out than for it to be concentrated. Thus, as particles in a system move around and interact, they will, through sheer chance, tend to adopt configurations in which the energy is spread out. Eventually, the system arrives at a state of maximum entropy called “thermodynamic equilibrium,” in which energy is uniformly distributed. A cup of coffee and the room it sits in become the same temperature, for example. As long as the cup and the room are left alone, this process is irreversible. The coffee never spontaneously heats up again because the odds are overwhelmingly stacked against so much of the room’s energy randomly concentrating in its atoms.

Although entropy must increase over time in an isolated or “closed” system, an “open” system can keep its entropy low — that is, divide energy unevenly among its atoms — by greatly increasing the entropy of its surroundings. In his influential 1944 monograph “What Is Life?” the eminent quantum physicist Erwin Schrödinger argued that this is what living things must do. A plant, for example, absorbs extremely energetic sunlight, uses it to build sugars, and ejects infrared light, a much less concentrated form of energy. The overall entropy of the universe increases during photosynthesis as the sunlight dissipates, even as the plant prevents itself from decaying by maintaining an orderly internal structure.

Life does not violate the second law of thermodynamics, but until recently, physicists were unable to use thermodynamics to explain why it should arise in the first place. In Schrödinger’s day, they could solve the equations of thermodynamics only for closed systems in equilibrium. In the 1960s, the Belgian physicist Ilya Prigogine made progress on predicting the behavior of open systems weakly driven by external energy sources (for which he won the 1977 Nobel Prize in chemistry). But the behavior of systems that are far from equilibrium, which are connected to the outside environment and strongly driven by external sources of energy, could not be predicted.

This situation changed in the late 1990s, due primarily to the work of Chris Jarzynski, now at the University of Maryland, and Gavin Crooks, now at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory. Jarzynski and Crooks showed that the entropy produced by a thermodynamic process, such as the cooling of a cup of coffee, corresponds to a simple ratio: the probability that the atoms will undergo that process divided by their probability of undergoing the reverse process (that is, spontaneously interacting in such a way that the coffee warms up). As entropy production increases, so does this ratio: A system’s behavior becomes more and more “irreversible.” The simple yet rigorous formula could in principle be applied to any thermodynamic process, no matter how fast or far from equilibrium. “Our understanding of far-from-equilibrium statistical mechanics greatly improved,” Grosberg said. England, who is trained in both biochemistry and physics, started his own lab at MIT two years ago and decided to apply the new knowledge of statistical physics to biology.

Using Jarzynski and Crooks’ formulation, he derived a generalization of the second law of thermodynamics that holds for systems of particles with certain characteristics: The systems are strongly driven by an external energy source such as an electromagnetic wave, and they can dump heat into a surrounding bath. This class of systems includes all living things. England then determined how such systems tend to evolve over time as they increase their irreversibility. “We can show very simply from the formula that the more likely evolutionary outcomes are going to be the ones that absorbed and dissipated more energy from the environment’s external drives on the way to getting there,” he said. The finding makes intuitive sense: Particles tend to dissipate more energy when they resonate with a driving force, or move in the direction it is pushing them, and they are more likely to move in that direction than any other at any given moment.

“This means clumps of atoms surrounded by a bath at some temperature, like the atmosphere or the ocean, should tend over time to arrange themselves to resonate better and better with the sources of mechanical, electromagnetic or chemical work in their environments,” England explained.

Self-replication (or reproduction, in biological terms), the process that drives the evolution of life on Earth, is one such mechanism by which a system might dissipate an increasing amount of energy over time. As England put it, “A great way of dissipating more is to make more copies of yourself.” In a September paper in the Journal of Chemical Physics, he reported the theoretical minimum amount of dissipation that can occur during the self-replication of RNA molecules and bacterial cells, and showed that it is very close to the actual amounts these systems dissipate when replicating. He also showed that RNA, the nucleic acid that many scientists believe served as the precursor to DNA-based life, is a particularly cheap building material. Once RNA arose, he argues, its “Darwinian takeover” was perhaps not surprising.

The chemistry of the primordial soup, random mutations, geography, catastrophic events and countless other factors have contributed to the fine details of Earth’s diverse flora and fauna. But according to England’s theory, the underlying principle driving the whole process is dissipation-driven adaptation of matter.

This principle would apply to inanimate matter as well. “It is very tempting to speculate about what phenomena in nature we can now fit under this big tent of dissipation-driven adaptive organization,” England said. “Many examples could just be right under our nose, but because we haven’t been looking for them we haven’t noticed them.”

Scientists have already observed self-replication in nonliving systems. According to new research led by Philip Marcus of the University of California, Berkeley, and reported in Physical Review Letters in August, vortices in turbulent fluids spontaneously replicate themselves by drawing energy from shear in the surrounding fluid. And in a paper appearing online this week in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Michael Brenner, a professor of applied mathematics and physics at Harvard, and his collaborators present theoretical models and simulations of microstructures that self-replicate. These clusters of specially coated microspheres dissipate energy by roping nearby spheres into forming identical clusters. “This connects very much to what Jeremy is saying,” Brenner said.

Besides self-replication, greater structural organization is another means by which strongly driven systems ramp up their ability to dissipate energy. A plant, for example, is much better at capturing and routing solar energy through itself than an unstructured heap of carbon atoms. Thus, England argues that under certain conditions, matter will spontaneously self-organize. This tendency could account for the internal order of living things and of many inanimate structures as well. “Snowflakes, sand dunes and turbulent vortices all have in common that they are strikingly patterned structures that emerge in many-particle systems driven by some dissipative process,” he said. Condensation, wind and viscous drag are the relevant processes in these particular cases.

“He is making me think that the distinction between living and nonliving matter is not sharp,” said Carl Franck, a biological physicist at Cornell University, in an email. “I’m particularly impressed by this notion when one considers systems as small as chemical circuits involving a few biomolecules.”

England’s bold idea will likely face close scrutiny in the coming years. He is currently running computer simulations to test his theory that systems of particles adapt their structures to become better at dissipating energy. The next step will be to run experiments on living systems.

Prentiss, who runs an experimental biophysics lab at Harvard, says England’s theory could be tested by comparing cells with different mutations and looking for a correlation between the amount of energy the cells dissipate and their replication rates. “One has to be careful because any mutation might do many things,” she said. “But if one kept doing many of these experiments on different systems and if [dissipation and replication success] are indeed correlated, that would suggest this is the correct organizing principle.”

Brenner said he hopes to connect England’s theory to his own microsphere constructions and determine whether the theory correctly predicts which self-replication and self-assembly processes can occur — “a fundamental question in science,” he said.

Having an overarching principle of life and evolution would give researchers a broader perspective on the emergence of structure and function in living things, many of the researchers said. “Natural selection doesn’t explain certain characteristics,” said Ard Louis, a biophysicist at Oxford University, in an email. These characteristics include a heritable change to gene expression called methylation, increases in complexity in the absence of natural selection, and certain molecular changes Louis has recently studied.

If England’s approach stands up to more testing, it could further liberate biologists from seeking a Darwinian explanation for every adaptation and allow them to think more generally in terms of dissipation-driven organization. They might find, for example, that “the reason that an organism shows characteristic X rather than Y may not be because X is more fit than Y, but because physical constraints make it easier for X to evolve than for Y to evolve,” Louis said.

“People often get stuck in thinking about individual problems,” Prentiss said.  Whether or not England’s ideas turn out to be exactly right, she said, “thinking more broadly is where many scientific breakthroughs are made.”

http://www.scientificamerican.com/articl...y-of-life/

Dunno What was the state of the knowledge of "Physics" in Yeshua's days? Hmm2

[flash=555,333]https://www.youtube.com/v/GXoGo5_IB5s[/flash]

This ought to SPARK some inquiry.

Not only do they walk,
They jump,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIL3vwk-HP0
They fly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nEwte-x-iw
And fortunately for me, they fry rather nicely.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gluRaUv88sk

What an adaptable creature!
[/quote]

Dunno Dunno Dunno

England’s theory is meant to underlie, rather than replace, Darwin’s theory of evolution by natural selection, which provides a powerful description of life at the level of genes and populations. “I am certainly not saying that Darwinian ideas are wrong,” he explained. “On the contrary, I am just saying that from the perspective of the physics, you might call Darwinian evolution a special case of a more general phenomenon.”

[move]Jeeze! I thought I was talking about  Scream  Pennywise Physics...  Rofl Rofl Rofl[/move]

Not making fishers of men...  Coffee2

You are the Shore Lunch whisperer fsb!!!  Dance2 Dance2 Dance2

I like perch... Devil fry'em up.  Drool
(02-09-2015, 11:03 AM)Keith link Wrote:put some  Guitar to that and you might have a badddd jam

50 houses on 4 acres?

htf they do that?

The Central Acts seems to have taken place on a stage not much different in size than a shakespearean play!!!

[Image: heritagemodelsglobetheater790.png]

(12-26-2014, 03:04 AM)Fsbirdhouse link Wrote:I'm more interested in hearing what they've found under where he died.
If the Ark of the Covenant is still there, it will be the greatest archeological discovery in history.

I have put a research tool at your disposal, what have you uncovered if anything so far fsb?

Keith,how many acres encompass the scene I have shown? Even in Guestimate. Hmm2

This was a small scale area you guys are discussing.
I never knew that until I looked into things. Damned

[Image: logo-custodia.png]
[Image: 16429279109_45ea921bf1_o.gif]
http://www.holysepulchre.custodia.org/de...sp?id=4563

(12-26-2014, 03:31 PM)Keith link Wrote:did you know... speaking of that particular place and what happened there...

David beheaded Goliath remember?
You know that Goliath represented the old world, the seed of the serpent, anakim- bulls of Bashan etc.

well, guess where that hill got its name?
because that's where David buried his head.

[flash=777,555]https://www.youtube.com/v/25aqkcrzSyQ[/flash]

When Christ was put on the cross, the blood dripped down the cross, into the ground, and onto this skull
further fulfilling prophecy. The bruised heel crushed the head of the serpent in a final physical act.
Then he went and opened the doors to the prison, and crushed it entirely.

Iron Man's my hero, this is one of the many reasons why

earlier posted
http://www.scientificamerican.com/articl...y-of-life/

That physics theory of life material 
is basically the first thing realized on LSD when we were young.
That absolutely everything is alive and interconnected in universal life processing.
Nothing exists that is "inanimate".
Everything existent invariably evolves in some fashion
to create higher or more complex levels of life existence.
God creating infinite universal experience,
self organizes timeless Infinity
as an expression of universal life presence in everything physical and spiritual.

The physical universes are an expression of infinite spiritual continuum.

.... there can be no disconnect ....

so the infinite connection simply creates more connectivity

automatic self organization that flows like surging fractals from nothingness

related:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21447162
The self-organizing fractal theory as a universal discovery method:
the phenomenon of life.
Quote:An application of the new discovery method to life sciences
reveals that moving electrons represent a keystone physical force (flux) that powers, animates, informs, and binds all living structures-processes into a planetary-wide,
multiscale system of electron flow/circulation,
and that all living organisms and their larger-scale organizations
emerge to function as electron transport networks Whip
that are supported by and,
at the same time,
support the flow of electrons
down the Earth's redox gradient
maintained along the core-mantle-crust-ocean-atmosphere axis of the planet.

... which brings us to Jesus  Guitar
and the electron transport network Woohoo connecting the Earth at that moment
to  Smoke
God Experience in Heaven {home sweet home}
when Jesus rose from the dead Herethere
to rejoin the Infinite Continuum of endless universes Mellow

At what point in physics energy equations and theory therein,
does the ...the sphere or realm of physical existence Whip
get transcended by Jesus
via resurrection? Hmm2
or
by conscious experience realization by the human in general, {satori},
get transcended or transferred into spiritual essence .... ?

What is the energy equation for Satori?

Heaven has no particle physics for CERN to play God with.

Jesus smiled while nailed to the cross when the Romans told him a CERN joke.

Quote:http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21447162
The self-organizing fractal theory as a universal discovery method:
the phenomenon of life.

An application of the new discovery method to life sciences
reveals that moving electrons represent a keystone physical force (flux) that powers, animates, informs, and binds all living structures-processes into a planetary-wide,
multiscale system of electron flow/circulation,
and that all living organisms and their larger-scale organizations
emerge to function as electron transport networks Whip
that are supported by and,
at the same time,
support the flow of electrons
down the Earth's redox gradient
maintained along the core-mantle-crust-ocean-atmosphere axis of the planet.

Wayyyyyyyyyy before isho pulled that alleged stunt, the bugs were all tricked out already. Dance2

(02-22-2015, 06:14 PM)EA link Wrote:Meet the electric life forms that live on pure energy

17:08 16 July 2014 by Catherine Brahic

[flash=555,333]https://www.youtube.com/v/3j_gJ2teK5E[/flash]

Video: Electric bacteria connect to form wires

Unlike any other life on Earth, these extraordinary bacteria use energy in its purest form – they eat and breathe electrons – and they are everywhere

STICK an electrode in the ground, pump electrons down it, and they will come: living cells that eat electricity.
We have known bacteria to survive on a variety of energy sources, but none as weird as this. Think of Frankenstein's monster, brought to life by galvanic energy, except these "electric bacteria" are very real and are popping up all over the place.

Unlike any other living thing on Earth, electric bacteria use energy in its purest form – naked electricity in the shape of electrons harvested from rocks and metals. We already knew about two types, Shewanella and Geobacter. Now, biologists are showing that they can entice many more out of rocks and marine mud by tempting them with a bit of electrical juice. Experiments growing bacteria on battery electrodes demonstrate that these novel, mind-boggling forms of life are essentially eating and excreting electricity.

That should not come as a complete surprise, says Kenneth Nealson at the University of Southern California, Los Angeles. We know that life, when you boil it right down, is a flow of electrons: "You eat sugars that have excess electrons, and you breathe in oxygen that willingly takes them." Our cells break down the sugars, and the electrons flow through them in a complex set of chemical reactions until they are passed on to electron-hungry oxygen.

In the process, cells make ATP, a molecule that acts as an energy storage unit for almost all living things. Moving electrons around is a key part of making ATP. "Life's very clever," says Nealson. "It figures out how to suck electrons out of everything we eat and keep them under control." In most living things, the body packages the electrons up into molecules that can safely carry them through the cells until they are dumped on to oxygen.

"That's the way we make all our energy and it's the same for every organism on this planet," says Nealson. "Electrons must flow in order for energy to be gained. This is why when someone suffocates another person they are dead within minutes. You have stopped the supply of oxygen, so the electrons can no longer flow."

The discovery of electric bacteria shows that some very basic forms of life can do away with sugary middlemen and handle the energy in its purest form – electrons, harvested from the surface of minerals. "It is truly foreign, you know," says Nealson. "In a sense, alien."

Nealson's team is one of a handful that is now growing these bacteria directly on electrodes, keeping them alive with electricity and nothing else – neither sugars nor any other kind of nutrient. The highly dangerous equivalent in humans, he says, would be for us to power up by shoving our fingers in a DC electrical socket.

To grow these bacteria, the team collects sediment from the seabed, brings it back to the lab, and inserts electrodes into it.

First they measure the natural voltage across the sediment, before applying a slightly different one. A slightly higher voltage offers an excess of electrons; a slightly lower voltage means the electrode will readily accept electrons from anything willing to pass them off. Bugs in the sediments can either "eat" electrons from the higher voltage, or "breathe" electrons on to the lower-voltage electrode, generating a current. That current is picked up by the researchers as a signal of the type of life they have captured.

"Basically, the idea is to take sediment, stick electrodes inside and then ask 'OK, who likes this?'," says Nealson.

Shocking breath

At the Goldschmidt geoscience conference in Sacramento, California, last month, Shiue-lin Li of Nealson's lab presented results of experiments growing electricity breathers in sediment collected from Santa Catalina harbour in California. Yamini Jangir, also from the University of Southern California, presented separate experiments which grew electricity breathers collected from a well in Death Valley in the Mojave Desert in California.

Over at the University of Minnesota in St Paul, Daniel Bond and his colleagues have published experiments showing that they could grow a type of bacteria that harvested electrons from an iron electrode (mBio, doi.org/tqg). That research, says Jangir's supervisor Moh El-Naggar, may be the most convincing example we have so far of electricity eaters grown on a supply of electrons with no added food.

But Nealson says there is much more to come. His PhD student Annette Rowe has identified up to eight different kinds of bacteria that consume electricity. Those results are being submitted for publication.

Nealson is particularly excited that Rowe has found so many types of electric bacteria, all very different to one another, and none of them anything like Shewanella or Geobacter. "This is huge. What it means is that there's a whole part of the microbial world that we don't know about."

Discovering this hidden biosphere is precisely why Jangir and El-Naggar want to cultivate electric bacteria. "We're using electrodes to mimic their interactions," says El-Naggar. "Culturing the 'unculturables', if you will." The researchers plan to install a battery inside a gold mine in South Dakota to see what they can find living down there.

NASA is also interested in things that live deep underground because such organisms often survive on very little energy and they may suggest modes of life in other parts of the solar system.

Electric bacteria could have practical uses here on Earth, however, such as creating biomachines that do useful things like clean up sewage or contaminated groundwater while drawing their own power from their surroundings. Nealson calls them self-powered useful devices, or SPUDs.

Practicality aside, another exciting prospect is to use electric bacteria to probe fundamental questions about life, such as what is the bare minimum of energy needed to maintain life.

For that we need the next stage of experiments, says Yuri Gorby, a microbiologist at the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, New York: bacteria should be grown not on a single electrode but between two. These bacteria would effectively eat electrons from one electrode, use them as a source of energy, and discard them on to the other electrode.

Gorby believes bacterial cells that both eat and breathe electrons will soon be discovered
. "An electric bacterium grown between two electrodes could maintain itself virtually forever," says Gorby. "If nothing is going to eat it or destroy it then, theoretically, we should be able to maintain that organism indefinitely."

It may also be possible to vary the voltage applied to the electrodes, putting the energetic squeeze on cells to the point at which they are just doing the absolute minimum to stay alive. In this state, the cells may not be able to reproduce or grow, but they would still be able to run repairs on cell machinery. "For them, the work that energy does would be maintaining life – maintaining viability," says Gorby.

How much juice do you need to keep a living electric bacterium going? Answer that question, and you've answered one of the most fundamental existential questions there is.

This article appeared in print under the headline "The electricity eaters"

Leader: "Spark of life revisited thanks to electric bacteria"

Longinus: Hey Isho, Concerning CERN why are the franks convinced that you are never a non mass left alive/dead rite ever and anon Mass ?

Yeshua: I dunno,why? Dunno

Because those other Cheese cheesey scientists are neutral. Rofl Rofl Rofl [sup](no offence to the french or swiss)[/sup]

(Jesus didn't get it because it was non retrodictive.)

Jesus: Good One Longinus!!! jesus roared with laughter!!!

And thus from those words the crowd heard(good one longinus)

[Image: JesusSmiling.jpg]

he was nearly an instant in-situ saint! Koolaid

[Image: sarb22-1024x576.jpg]
I can dig a Quantum Jesus. Dance2

"Determinism, Independence, and Objectivity are:  things can be real, or certain, but not both

I can Dig a Classical Jesus.  Dance2

Jesus digs Mary Magdalene. Mellow in all three cases.

Could classical theory be just as weird as quantum theory?

February 23, 2015 by Lisa Zyga feature

Quote:An illustration of the delayed-choice experiment, which shows that a photon exhibits both particle and wave behaviors. The physicists used this experiment to show that seemingly reasonable classical assumptions may not be so reasonable after all. Credit: Ionicioiu, et al. ©2015 American Physical Society

Quantum mechanics is often described as "weird" and "strange" because it abandons many of the intuitive traits of classical physics. For example, the ideas that the world is objective, is deterministic, and exists independent of measurement are basic features of classical theory, but do not always hold up in quantum theory. But what if it turns out that these intuitive ideas are not true features of classical physics, either? Would classical theory be just as weird as quantum theory?

In a new study published in Physical Review Letters, physicists Radu Ionicioiu, et al., have shown that the three apparently reasonable classical assumptions mentioned above—objectivity, determinism, and independence—are mutually incompatible with any theory, not only with quantum mechanics. The scientists show that, while any two of the three assumptions are compatible, all three are not. All told, our seemingly reasonable classical assumptions may not be so reasonable after all.

"Sometimes classical ideas may seem 'natural' and 'logical' simply because we do not test them too strongly," coauthor Daniel Terno at Macquarie University in Sydney, Australia, told Phys.org. "Quantum mechanics may be weird, but our classical illusions may be weird too—or simply impossible to maintain, no matter how the world really operates."

The findings could have widespread implications. For many decades, physicists have assumed that our everyday classical ideas are consistent with each other, and have used them to investigate the tensions between the classical and quantum world views. Hidden variable theories, for example, attempt to complete or improve quantum mechanics by reproducing the results of quantum theory while incorporating these classical intuitions. If the new findings are correct, then they will demand that physicists question the basic tenets not only of quantum theory, but of classical theory, as well.

"Our take from this project [a warning: not a theorem, but an opinion] is that because the classical intuitions may be as weird as the quantum predictions, the entire motivation of the hidden variable program to explain quantum mechanics is somewhat pointless," Terno said. "There is no reason to exchange one type of weirdness for another, or to accept some and try to explain away the rest."

The uncovered incompatibility of the three assumptions centers on the quantum phenomenon of wave-particle duality. In their study, the physicists analyzed a version of the delayed-choice experiment, which demonstrates wave-particle duality with an interferometer. In this experiment, a photon behaves as a particle when the interferometer is open and as a wave when it is closed.

The experiment shows that, at any moment in time, a photon cannot be considered as either just a particle or just a wave, depending on the experimental set-up, but instead it has both properties.
The experiment builds on the authors' previous work, in which they show how to simplify the demonstration of wave-particle duality.

In the new work, the researchers questioned the usual assumption that classical ideas, even if incompatible with quantum mechanics, are consistent. Here, objectivity is defined as a photon being either a particle or a wave, but not both. Determinism means that the outcome (whether the photon is a particle or a wave) can be determined if all information about the scenario, including any hidden variables, is known. Independence means that the outcome does not depend on the specific experimental setting.

As the physicists explain, because the photon demonstrates both particle and wave behavior in the two different experimental setups, then trying to satisfy all three requirements makes it impossible to have any experimental result at all. As long as different experimental setups yield different types of behavior, then the three intuitive ideas are incompatible, no matter what kind of theory is used. Terno explains this idea using an analogy with an overly demanding client:

"Our result was built similarly to what an annoying client wants from a travel agent: 'I should have this and that, and here and there, but not such and such, and definitely not this way...,' and at the end, no itinerary can satisfy all of the client's constraints. Something has to give.

"When one imagines a hidden variable theory that describes the experiments we consider, it has only so much freedom (seven parameters, to be exact). Putting constraints that are mathematical expressions of our three intuitive requirements reduces the freedom until nothing is left."

Because any two of the three ideas are mutually compatible, the physicists suggest that it seems most natural to drop the objectivity assumption, while keeping determinism and independence. This choice requires that wave-particle duality be accepted, regardless of its counterintuitive nature. However, knowing for sure will be a subject of future research.

Explore further: Experiment makes Schrodinger's cat choose—More information: adu Ionicioiu, Robert B. Mann, and Daniel R. Terno. "Determinism, Independence, and Objectivity are things can be real, or certain, but not both

Incompatible." Physical Review Letters. DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevLett.114.060405
Journal reference:  Physical Review Letters
http://phys.org/news/2015-02-classical-t...m.html#jCp 

[quote] Worship  Bart the classical Quantum Cat.

[Image: Zombie-cat.jpg]

EA « Reply #94 on: February 09, 2015, 05:51:17 PM »

"Now Jesus can be alive/dead/alive and nobody needs to lose any sleep.

[Image: he-is-clothed-in-greatness-his-voice-res...=645&h=474]

Quantum/Classical Jesus is MY KINDA CONJURER!!!

The Magdalene Wager awaits...

[Image: 5-thishandouti.jpg]

Then why the need of a throne to sit on?  Flush

Why the need to be "Seated" at the  Naughty Left or Right hand side. Dance2

Why the need for any Hand at all? Dunno

Jesus Tekton
[Image: g217661_u63988_jesus_crop.jpg]
Jesus Magii

The Jesus Talk digs deep.
[move]This Thread Goes there.[/move]

[Image: 16238405031_b41f2751ac_o.jpg]

(02-25-2015, 12:24 AM)EA link Wrote:
Quote:Heaven has no particle physics for CERN to play God with.

Longinus: Hey Isho, Concerning CERN why are the franks convinced that you are never a non mass left alive/dead rite ever and anon Mass ?

Yeshua: I dunno,why? Dunno

Because those other Cheese cheesey scientists are neutral. Rofl Rofl Rofl [sup](no offence to the french or swiss)[/sup]

(Jesus didn't get it because it was non retrodictive.)

Jesus: Good One Longinus!!! jesus roared with laughter!!!

And thus from those words the crowd heard(good one longinus)

[Image: JesusSmiling.jpg]

he was nearly an instant in-situ saint! Koolaid

[Image: sarb22-1024x576.jpg]

Jeeze Improv works in mysterious ways... Damned

The Gospel According to Mary Magdalene
[The Gospel of Mary]

Chapter 4

(Pages 1 to 6 of the manuscript, containing chapters 1 - 3, are lost.  The extant text starts on page 7...)

. . . Will matter then be destroyed or not?

22) The Savior said, All nature, all formations, all creatures exist in and with one another, and they will be resolved again into their own roots.

23) For the nature of matter is resolved into the roots of its own nature alone.

24) He who has ears to hear, let him hear.

Physicists offer a solution to the puzzle of the origin of matter in the universe

12 hours ago by Stuart Wolpert

Quote:Most of the laws of nature treat particles and antiparticles equally, but stars and planets are made of particles, or matter, and not antiparticles, or antimatter. That asymmetry, which favors matter to a very small degree, has puzzled scientists for many years.

New research by UCLA physicists, published in the journal Physical Review Letters, offers a possible solution to the mystery of the origin of matter in the universe.

Alexander Kusenko, a professor of physics and astronomy in the UCLA College, and colleagues propose that the matter-antimatter asymmetry could be related to the Higgs boson particle, which was the subject of prominent news coverage when it was discovered at Switzerland's Large Hadron Collider in 2012.

Specifically, the UCLA researchers write, the asymmetry may have been produced as a result of the motion of the Higgs field, which is associated with the Higgs boson, and which could have made the masses of particles and antiparticles in the universe temporarily unequal, allowing for a small excess of matter particles over antiparticles.

If a particle and an antiparticle meet, they disappear by emitting two photons or a pair of some other particles. In the "primordial soup" that existed after the Big Bang, there were almost equal amounts of particles of antiparticles, except for a tiny asymmetry: one particle per 10 billion. As the universe cooled, the particles and antiparticles annihilated each other in equal numbers, and only a tiny number of particles remained; this tiny amount is all the stars and planets, and gas in today's universe, said Kusenko, who is also a senior scientist with the Kavli Institute for the Physics and Mathematics of the Universe.

The research also is highlighted by Physical Review Letters in a commentary in the current issue.

The 2012 discovery of the Higgs boson particle was hailed as one of the great scientific accomplishments of recent decades. The Higgs boson was first postulated some 50 years ago as a crucial element of the modern theory of the forces of nature, and is, physicists say, what gives everything in the universe mass. Physicists at the LHC measured the particle's mass and found its value to be peculiar; it is consistent with the possibility that the Higgs field in the first moments of the Big Bang was much larger than its "equilibrium value" observed today.

The Higgs field "had to descend to the equilibrium, in a process of 'Higgs relaxation,'" said Kusenko, the lead author of the UCLA research.

Explore further: Hypothetical new cosmological model known as Higgsogenesis

More information: "Postinflationary Higgs relaxation and the origin of matter-antimatter asymmetry" arXiv:1410.0722 [hep-ph] arxiv.org/abs/1410.0722  http://arxiv.org/abs/1410.0722

Journal reference:  Physical Review Letters search and more info website  arXiv search and more info website

Provided by  University of California, Los Angeles
http://phys.org/news/2015-02-physicists-...e.html#jCp 

Then why the need of a throne to sit on?  Flush

Why the need to be "Seated" at the  Naughty Left or Right hand side. Dance2

Why the need for any Hand at all? Dunno

Postinflationary Higgs relaxation and the origin of matter-antimatter asymmetry

Alexander Kusenko, Lauren Pearce, Louis Yang

(Submitted on 2 Oct 2014 (v1), last revised 18 Feb 2015 (this version, v3))

[Image: 150225132255-large.jpg]
UCLA physicists offer a possible solution to the mystery of the origin of matter in the universe.
Credit: NASA

Quote:The recent measurement of the Higgs boson mass implies a relatively slow rise of the Standard Model Higgs potential at large scales, and a possible second minimum at even larger scales. Consequently, the Higgs field may develop a large vacuum expectation value during inflation. The relaxation of the Higgs field from its large postinflationary value to the minimum of the effective potential represents an important stage in the evolution of the universe. During this epoch, the time-dependent Higgs condensate can create an effective chemical potential for the lepton number, leading to a generation of the lepton asymmetry in the presence of some large right-handed Majorana neutrino masses. The electroweak sphalerons redistribute this asymmetry between leptons and baryons.

This Higgs relaxation leptogenesis can explain the observed matter-antimatter asymmetry of the universe even if the Standard Model is valid up to the scale of inflation, and any new physics is suppressed by that high scale.
23) For the nature of matter is resolved into the roots of its own nature alone.

Comments:  5 pages, 2 figures; accepted for publication in Phys. Rev. Lett
Subjects:  High Energy Physics - Phenomenology (hep-ph)
Journal reference:  Phys. Rev. Lett. 114, 061302 (2015)
Report number:  FTPI-MINN-14/32, IPMU15-0005
Cite as:  arXiv:1410.0722 [hep-ph]
  (or arXiv:1410.0722v3 [hep-ph] for this version)

Submission history
[v1] Thu, 2 Oct 2014 22:04:47 GMT (139kb)
[v2] Tue, 13 Jan 2015 23:41:39 GMT (85kb,D)
[v3] Wed, 18 Feb 2015 01:34:07 GMT (85kb,D)
Jesus' House? 1st-Century Structure May Be Where He Grew Up

Archaeologists working in Nazareth — Jesus' hometown — in modern-day Israel have identified a house dating to the first century that was regarded as the place where Jesus was brought up by Mary and Joseph.

The house is partly made of mortar-and-stone walls, and was cut into a rocky hillside. It was first uncovered in the 1880s, by nuns at the Sisters of Nazareth convent, but it wasn't until 2006 that archaeologists led by Ken Dark, a professor at the University of Reading in the United Kingdom, dated the house to the first century, and identified it as the place where people, who lived centuries after Jesus' time, believed Jesus was brought up.

Whether Jesus actually lived in the house in real life is unknown, but Dark says that it is possible. [See Images of the 'Jesus' House and Nazareth Artifacts]

Was this the house where Jesus grew up? It is impossible to say on archaeological grounds," Dark wrote in an article published in the magazine Biblical Archaeology Review. "On the other hand, there is no good archaeological reason why such an identification should be discounted."

Jesus is believed to have grown up in Nazareth. Archaeologists found that, centuries after Jesus' time, the Byzantine Empire (which controlled Nazareth up until the seventh century) decorated the house with mosaics and constructed a church known as the "Church of the Nutrition" over the house, protecting it.

Crusaders who ventured into the Holy Land in the 12th century fixed up the church after it fell into disrepair. This evidence suggests that both the Byzantines and Crusaders believed that this was the home where Jesus was brought up, Dark said.

The story of the Jesus house

Until recently few archaeological remains that date to the first century were known from Nazareth and those mostly consisted of tombs. However in the last few years, archaeologists have identified two first-century houses in this town. (The other house was discovered in 2009 and is not thought to be where Jesus grew up.) [The Holy Land: 7 Amazing Archaeological Finds]

The nuns' excavations of Jesus' possible home in the 1880s were followed up in 1936, when Jesuit priest Henri Senès, who was an architect before becoming a priest, visited the site, according to Dark. Senès recorded in great detail the structures the nuns had exposed. His work was mostly unpublished and so it was largely unknown to anyone but the nuns and the people who visited their convent.

In 2006, the nuns granted the Nazareth Archaeological Project full access to the site, including Senès drawings and notes, which they had carefully stored. Dark and the project's other archaeologists surveyed the site, and by combining their findings, a new analysis of Senès' findings, notes from the nuns' earlier excavations and other information, they reconstructed the development of the site from the first century to the present.

From simple dwelling to sacred site

The artifacts found in the first-century house include broken cooking pots, a spindle whorl (used in spinning thread) and limestone vessels, suggesting possibly a family lived there, the archaeologists said. The limestone vessels suggest a Jewish family lived in the house, because Jewish beliefs held that limestone could not become impure. If a Jewish family lived here it would support the idea that this could have been Jesus' house. 

The first-century house "had been constructed by cutting back a limestone hillside as it sloped toward the wadi (valley) below, leaving carefully smoothed freestanding rock walls, to which stone-built walls were added," Dark wrote in a Biblical Archaeology Review article.

"The structure included a series of rooms," he wrote. "One, with its doorway, survived to its full height. Another had a stairway rising adjacent to one of its walls. Just inside the surviving doorway, earlier excavations had revealed part of its original chalk floor."

Dark and his colleagues found that the house was abandoned at some point during the first century. After that, the area was used for quarrying and then later in the first century it was reused as a burial ground. Two tombs (now empty) were constructed beside the abandoned house, with the forecourt of one of the tombs cutting through the house, the researchers said.

Centuries after Jesus' time, the Church of the Nutrition was built around this house and the two adjacent tombs, but the church fell into disuse in the eighth century. It was rebuilt in the 12th century, when Crusaders were in control of the area, only to be burnt down in the 13th century, Dark said.

The fact that the house was protected explains its "excellent preservation," Dark wrote. "Great efforts had been made to encompass the remains of this building within the vaulted cellars of both the Byzantine and Crusader churches, so that it was thereafter protected," he said.

"Both the tombs and the house were decorated with mosaics in the Byzantine period, suggesting that they were of special importance, and possibly venerated," he wrote.

In addition to the archaeological evidence, a text written in A.D. 670 by abbot Adomnàn of the Scottish island monastery at Iona, said to be based on a pilgrimage to Nazareth made by the Frankish bishop Arculf, mentions a church "where once there was the house in which the Lord was nourished in his infancy" (according to a translation of Adomnàn’s writing by James Rose Macpherson).

The tomb that cuts through the house was also venerated as being that of Joseph, the husband of the Virgin Mary. [Proof of Jesus Christ? 7 Pieces of Evidence Debated]

"The tomb cutting through the house is today commonly called 'the Tomb of St. Joseph,' and it was certainly venerated in the Crusader period, so perhaps they thought it was the tomb of St. Joseph," Dark told Live Science. "However, it is unlikely to be the actual tomb of St. Joseph, given that it dates to after the disuse of the house and localized quarrying in the first century."

What was Nazareth like?

Archaeologists also discovered a number of sites nearby that hold clues as to what Nazareth was like in Jesus' time.

Rulers in Rome began to take control of Israel during the first century B.C. But Dark and his team found evidence that, despite Rome's increasing influence, the people living in and near Nazareth rejected Roman culture.

The archaeologists surveyed a valley near Nazareth called Nahal Zippori, finding that people who lived on the northern side of the valley, close to the Roman town of Sepphoris, were more willing to embrace Roman culture than those to the south, nearer to Nazareth, who appear to have rejected it.

"This suggests that the Nazareth area was unusual for the strength of its anti-Roman sentiment and/or the strength of its Jewish identity," Dark said.

Dark and his team have published journal articles on their work in the Palestine Exploration Quarterly and The Antiquaries Journal. More publications on the team's archaeological work at Nazareth are forthcoming. It may be some time before scholars not affiliated with the project fully analyze the findings, and weigh in on the team's conclusions.

http://www.livescience.com/49997-jesus-h...areth.html
Many things described by those living closest to the events, both in time and geography, may be exactly as presented.
Myth and legend. More than a grain of truth in most cases I imagine.
So, the words Autumn and Fall are not to be capitalized?
They are in my world!

What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done; and there is nothing new under the sun.
Is there a thing of which it is said, "See, this is new?"It has been already, in the ages before us. Ecc 1: 9-10
Thanks Deo.

This is very likely Joseph's House,but not likely his tomb.

I take note the house is built from hewn rock and built stone.
The lack of Timber framework identifies this in the NEW VIEW of Joseph and Jesus as tektonic.

The freestanding Rock-cut limestone wall gaurded against the impure and the likely Jewish occupants show no signs of: when in Nazareth don't do as the Romans do. Naughty

It is entirely possible Joseph himself and the local guild of tektons had hewn the wall out of the solid limestone hill.
"...carefully smoothed freestanding rock walls."

[Image: nazareth-1-jesus-house.JPG?1424844810]

One other indicator that this is likely either Joseph's house or one he helped build is this:

Quote:Dark and his colleagues found that the house was abandoned at some point during the first century. After that, the area was used for quarrying and then later in the first century it was reused as a burial ground. Two tombs (now empty) were constructed beside the abandoned house, with the forecourt of one of the tombs cutting through the house, the researchers said.

That is so close to Jesus' time that it almost makes sense in light of the gospel passages that basically say:

This little pipsqueak,the jesus we know--- we are to believe is now the messiah?

The Tomb court cutting into the house and the quarrying in the vicinity showed the local yokels didn't care too much for next-door neighbour, friend,brother,cousin jesus' legacy.

The locals would not have venerated the site at the time because he was just the boy-next door to them.

Thanks again deo.

Photos: 1st-Century House from Jesus' Hometown

by Owen Jarus, Live Science Contributor  |  March 01, 2015 10:31am ET

A home built into a rocky hillside in Nazareth, Jesus' hometown, was regarded as the place where Jesus was brought up by Mary and Joseph. Archaeologists can't say this structure was indeed Jesus' home, but that is possible, they say. Here are images of the archaeological remains.

Celebrated as Jesus' home

[Image: nazareth-1-jesus-house.JPG?1424844810]
The house seen here is one of two houses in Nazareth that date to the first century AD. Research reveals that people in the Middle Ages believed that Jesus grew up in this home. Centuries after Jesus’s time the house was decorated with mosaics and a church was built over it. The house was discovered in the 1880’s by the nuns of the Sisters of Nazareth convent. More recently the Nazareth Archaeological Project has been conducting work at the site. (Photo copyright Ken Dark.)

An honored tomb

[Image: nazareth-2-jesus-home.JPG?1424844893]
After the house was abandoned the area was used for quarrying. Then, later in the first century, two tombs were built beside it. The forecourt of the tomb seen here cuts through the abandoned home. Today archaeologists know that this tomb was built sometime after the house was abandoned. However in the Middle Ages people thought that this tomb belonged to Joseph, the husband of the Virgin Mary. It was decorated with mosaics and venerated along with the house. (Photo copyright Ken Dark.)

Nahal Zippori

[Image: nazareth-3-jesus-home.JPG?1424845119]
The Nazareth Archaeological Project (which ran from 2004-2010) surveyed the hinterland of Nazareth, investigating a wide valley called Nahal Zippori, which is seen here. The archaeologists discovered several new sites which date to the early period of Roman rule. Archaeologists found that Nazareth, and the sites near it, had more locally made pottery as well as limestone vessels allowed under Jewish purity laws. The archaeologists found that sites closer to the town of Sepphoris had more imported pottery. (Photo copyright Ken Dark.)

A city of rebels

[Image: nazareth-panorama.jpg?1425223422]
It appears that during the first century A.D. Nazareth, and its environs, was a conservative Jewish community that rejected Roman culture. Sepphoris, on the other hand, was more willing to embrace Roman culture including its imported goods. This image shows modern-day Nazareth.

Close proximity

[Image: basilica-annunciation-nazareth.jpg?1425223455]
Today archaeologists know of two houses at Nazareth that date to the first century AD. One was discovered by the nuns in the 1880’s and people in the Middle Ages believed that it was the home where Jesus grew up. The second house was discovered in 2009 during a rescue operation carried out by Israel Antiquities Authority archaeologists. Both houses are located near the Basilica of the Annunciation seen here. 

Mary's Spring

[Image: nazareth-6-jesus-home.jpg?1424845323]
A number of water sources, which would have been accessed in ancient times, have also been found at Nazareth. This image shows a particularly famous source known today as "Mary’s Spring." This image shows how it looked in 1916. (Image in public domain, courtesy Wikimedia Commons.)

http://www.livescience.com/49941-jesus-home-photos.html

A New (old) Phenomena:

Geo-Caching in Caves.

(02-17-2015, 03:51 AM)EA link Wrote:As far as the Current concensus is...
If that's all there is so far.

The Magdalene is to remain silent until further past is revealed.

Dogma may disagree.

All it takes is another find by a couple of kids and we will know about Jesus' ole' lady.

[flash=555,333]https://www.youtube.com/v/JVAIPxDQ9tM[/flash]

Expect it within your generation.
It won't be hushed over now that researchers are on the lookout for her.

She's the Wife of The Son of God or not.

The Magdalene Wager.

Dance2 Gallilee Reoccuring historical "Geo-Caching" verified as factual!!!  Dance2

[flash=555,333]https://www.youtube.com/v/obMKFQGFbb4[/flash]
Damn I missed this back when I started this thread,the article is still a plausible poignant point posted posthumusly...

Mellow
I will include it here now.

Weighing up the evidence for the ‘Historical Jesus’

Post on:  Dec 31, 2014

[Image: jesus-1000x600.jpg]

Did a man called Jesus of Nazareth walk the earth? Discussions over whether the figure known as the “Historical Jesus” actually existed primarily reflect disagreements among atheists. Believers, who uphold the implausible and more easily-dismissed “Christ of Faith” (the divine Jesus who walked on water), ought not to get involved

Quote:Numerous secular scholars have presented their own versions of the so-called “Historical Jesus” – and most of them are, as biblical scholar J.D. Crossan puts it, “an academic embarrassment”.

From Crossan’s view of Jesus as the wise sage, to Robert Eisenman’s Jesus the revolutionary, and Bart Ehrman’s apocalyptic prophet, about the only thing New Testament scholars seem to agree on is Jesus’ historical existence. But can even that be questioned?

The first problem we encounter when trying to discover more about the Historical Jesus is the lack of early sources. The earliest sources only reference the clearly fictional Christ of Faith.

These early sources, compiled decades after the alleged events, all stem from Christian authors eager to promote Christianity – which gives us reason to question them. The authors of the Gospels fail to name themselves, describe their qualifications, or show any criticism with their foundational sources – which they also fail to identify.

Filled with mythical and non-historical information, and heavily edited over time, the Gospels certainly should not convince critics to trust even the more mundane claims made therein.

The methods traditionally used to tease out rare nuggets of truth from the Gospels are dubious.

The criterion of embarrassment says that if a section would be embarrassing for the author, it is more likely authentic. Unfortunately, given the diverse nature of Christianity and Judaism back then (things have not changed all that much), and the anonymity of the authors, it is impossible to determine what truly would be embarrassing or counter-intuitive, let alone if that might not serve some evangelistic purpose.

The criterion of Aramaic context is similarly unhelpful. Jesus and his closest followers were surely not the only Aramaic-speakers in first-century Judea.

The criterion of multiple independent attestation can also hardly be used properly here, given that the sources clearly are not independent.

Paul’s Epistles, written earlier than the Gospels, give us no reason to dogmatically declare Jesus must have existed. Avoiding Jesus’ earthly events and teachings, even when the latter could have bolstered his own claims, Paul only describes his “Heavenly Jesus”.

Even when discussing what appear to be the resurrection and the last supper, his only stated sources are his direct revelations from the Lord, and his indirect revelations from the Old Testament. In fact, Paul actually rules out human sources (see Galatians 1:11-12).

Also important are the sources we don’t have. There are no existing eyewitness or contemporary accounts of Jesus. All we have are later descriptions of Jesus’ life events by non-eyewitnesses, most of whom are obviously biased.

Little can be gleaned from the few non-Biblical and non-Christian sources, with only Roman scholar Josephus and historian Tacitus having any reasonable claim to be writing about Jesus within 100 years of his life.

And even those sparse accounts are shrouded in controversy, with disagreements over what parts have obviously been changed by Christian scribes (the manuscripts were preserved by Christians), the fact that both these authors were born after Jesus died (they would thus have probably received this information from Christians), and the oddity that centuries go by before Christian apologists start referencing them.

Agnosticism over the matter is already seemingly appropriate, and support for this position comes from independent historian Richard Carrier’s recent defence of another theory. Namely, that the belief in Jesus started as the belief in a purely celestial being (who was killed by demons in an upper realm), who became historicised over time.

To summarise Carrier’s 800-page tome, this theory and the traditional theory – that Jesus was a historical figure who became mythicised over time – both align well with the Gospels, which are later mixtures of obvious myth and what at least “sounds” historical.

The Pauline Epistles, however, overwhelmingly support the “celestial Jesus” theory, particularly with the passage indicating that demons killed Jesus, and would not have done so if they knew who he was (see: 1 Corinthians 2:6-10).

Humans – the murderers according to the Gospels – of course would still have killed Jesus, knowing full well that his death results in their salvation, and the defeat of the evil spirits.

So what do the mainstream (and non-Christian) scholars say about all this? Surprisingly very little; of substance anyway. Only Bart Ehrman and Maurice Casey have thoroughly attempted to prove Jesus’ historical existence in recent times.

Their most decisive point? The Gospels can generally be trusted – after we ignore the many, many bits that are untrustworthy – because of the hypothetical (i.e. non-existent) sources behind them.

Who produced these hypothetical sources? When? What did they say? Were they reliable? Were they intended to be accurate historical portrayals, enlightening allegories, or entertaining fictions?

Ehrman and Casey can’t tell you – and neither can any New Testament scholar.

Given the poor state of the existing sources, and the atrocious methods used by mainstream Biblical historians, the matter will likely never be resolved.
In sum, there are clearly good reasons to doubt Jesus’ historical existence – if not to think it outright improbable.

Written by Raphael Lataster
Tutor in Religious Studies at University of Sydney

http://www.heritagedaily.com/2014/12/wei...sus/106314 

In sum, there are clearly good reasons to doubt Jesus’ historical existence – if not to think it outright improbable.

I think he existed. Guitar

Quote:I think he existed.

You know he existed.
It is the accumulated records of his existence that come into question.

Across the cosmos of galaxies are sentient species in advanced civilizations,
all of which have a cultural history
manipulated in historical content to that star system planet.

The galactic attachment to the perception of "holy" and God"
and the zeal of historical context written by biased participants
always dilutes and perverts the truth.

It is most likely and statistically
no different anywhere else across the universe with "civilizations".

If Mars had a robust civilization,
they had Godz at some point,
which then probably evolved into the One God spectrum.

Jesus on Mars ... Mohammed on Planet X ...
Buddha is still sitting cross legged on Aldebaran ...
the names are different elsewhere,
but the personalities persist in historic context
in all star system societies.

Our historic context is being played out somewhere else ...
it is a statistical extrapolation of distinct possibility.

The perception of God --- the Universal Spirit within all things universal,
is the substance of most social evolution in sentient species across the cosmos.
Then at some point advancing technology attempts to be God in each and every star system
that has an evolving species like our own at some point.

Somewhere else,
there is this same internet thread, the same arguments,
did Buddha really exist?
did Muhammed really exist?
Vishnu?
Sumerian Annunaki?
Satan is playing the same old game on ancient Mars?

The names are different in the Pleiades,
or on ancient Mars.

The "sons of God" make for good journalism and action in the time of their lives,
and for great historical perversions thereafter.

Would it be great to meet the real Jesus? ... yes.
the real Buddha? ....yes.
the real Muhammed? .... yes.

I will pass on meeting Satan, ... no thank you.
So in all this then are the Satan's across the intergalactic spectrum.
Beelzebub, Mephistopheles, etc etc
they all have different names but comparable embellished histories as well,
on the other star system planets.

History ... the propaganda bible of sentient civilizations.

All I truly know is Improv is tenacious V.

https://www.youtube.com/v/_lK4cX5xGiQ

I never wrote a gospel...
Hmm2 The lost tomb of Jesus?  Dunno

Scientist claims he has 'virtually unequivocal evidence' that could help explain the whereabouts of Christ's remains

[Image: AAauEhK.img?h=493&w=728&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f&x=1025&y=1140]
© Getty Images This photo provided by the Israeli Antiquities Authority shows the facade of the so-called 'Talpiot Tomb', where some believe Jesus of Nazareth and his family were buried.

Quote:A geologist in Jerusalem claims to have found “virtually unequivocal evidence” that could reopen the controversy over the final resting place of Jesus Christ.

Dr Aryeh Shimron says he has carried out new tests that suggest it is more likely the Talpiot Tomb, a burial site found in East Jerusalem in 1980, was a family grave for Jesus of Nazareth, his wife Mary Magdalene and his son Judah.

Dubbed “The Lost Tomb of Jesus” in a 2007 documentary movie directed by James Cameron, the chamber contained nine burial boxes or “ossuaries” inscribed with the names “Jesus son of Joseph”, “Mary” and other names associated with the New Testament.

The inscriptions and the approximate dates of burial have led some to suggest the Talpiot Tomb means Jesus married, that he fathered a child, and that the existence of bodily remains means the Resurrection could never have happened.

The controversial claims were refuted on a variety of grounds at the time of the film’s broadcast – not least on the basis that the names were all relatively common at the time.

Yet speaking to the New York Times, Dr Shimron has said that geochemical tests on a 10th ossuary make it highly likely the box was recently removed from among the others in the Talpiot Tomb.

That’s significant because the Aramaic inscription on the 10th ossuary reads “James son of Joseph brother of Jesus” – adding weight to the suggestions that the names are those of Jesus Christ and his family.

“The evidence is beyond what I expected,” Dr Shimron said. “I think I’ve got really powerful, virtually unequivocal evidence that the James ossuary spent most of its lifetime, or death time, in the Talpiot Tomb.”

The geochemical tests, carried out under Dr Shimron’s supervision largely by the Israel Antiquities Authority, worked on the basis that the ossuaries in the Talpiot Tomb were all once covered by the same clay with a very distinctive mineral make-up.

While the results are likely to rekindle the debate surrounding the possible remains of Jesus, they are still far from accepted in scientific circles. The collector who owns the James ossuary told the Times Dr Shimron’s work determines nothing “conclusively”, while other Jerusalem archaeologists say they await its publication in a peer-reviewed journal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYJXA9LSoq4

22 April 2015 by Jacob Aron Magazine issue 3018

The early evangelist Paul became a Christian because of a dazzling light on the road to Damascus, but one astronomer thinks it was an exploding meteor.
http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg22...Tl6EE10yow

I post this because I Am an EXPERT witness to just such an awesome event.
My father was an Expert Intructor in Welding and a witness to "ARC EYE"    -EA
[/quote]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dan3wM3rns

I saw this with my own eyes.
I saw of wich this astronomer speaks.
http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg22...Tl6EE10yow

I never had scales on my eyes though?
Quote:“Land of the Gederenes” mentioned in the New Testament as a site visited by Jesus during his travels around the Sea of Galilee, and as the place where he performed a miracle by casting out demons and driving them into a herd of pigs (the Miracle of the Swine).

University of Haifa Excavations Uncover Unique Hebrew Inscription Showing Existence of a Jewish Village at Kursi
[b]Released: 18-Dec-2015 7:05 AM EST 
Source Newsroom: University of Haifa[/b]

[Image: HAIMCOHENMICHALARTZY_1.jpg&width=320&height=240]
Dr. Haim Cohen and Prof. Michal Artzy next to the unearthed slab

Newswise — Excavations at the Kursi site on the shores of the Sea of Galilee have uncovered an inscription in Hebrew letters engraved on a large marble slab, dating back ca. 1,600 years. No similar artifact has even been found before in Israel, and the finding confirms for the first time that the ancient settlement at the site was Jewish or Judeo -Christian. The excavation is led by Dr. Haim Cohen and Prof. Michal Artzy of the Hatter Laboratory in the Recanati Institute for Maritime Studies at the University of Haifa, in cooperation with the Antiquities Authority and the Nature and Parks Authority’s Kursi Beach site.
The existence of an ancient settlement at the site, on the northeast shore of the Sea of Galilee, has been known since the 1960s, when Mendel Nun of Kibbutz Ein Gev, together with Prof. Avner Raban of the University of Haifa, found remnants of a large breakwater under the sea during their survey. They also noticed some stones, possibly belonging to a public building. Not far away, remnants were later found of a city whose main features resembled those of a Christian site from the Byzantine period (5th century CE). In 1980 the entire site became a national park and was named Kursi, after a Syrian village that had previously existed nearby. The common assumption was that the site was synonymous with Kursi mentioned in the Jewish Talmud as a site if the synagogue possibly named after Yonadav son of Raghav and also as the 

“Land of the Gederenes” mentioned in the New Testament as a site visited by Jesus during his travels around the Sea of Galilee, and as the place where he performed a miracle by casting out demons and driving them into a herd of pigs (the Miracle of the Swine).
[Image: Picture1.png&width=320&height=240]
unearthing the slab

A sharp fall in the level of the Sea of Galilee enabled researchers from the Hatter Laboratory in the Recanati Institute for Maritime Studies at the University of Haifa to return to the excavations around the breakwater, thanks to the support of the Avery-Tsui Foundation from the US, and in cooperation with the Antiquities Authority, Kursi Beach site, and the Nature and Parks Authority. The researchers soon realized that the ancient harbor was much larger than had previous been thought. While it may have formed part of the Byzantine site, it is also possible that it constituted an adjacent but separate settlement. It is possible that the ancient city of Sussita, which is also being excavated and investigated by researchers from the University of Haifa and is situated not far away, also used the services of the harbor.
[Image: _1.jpg&width=320&height=240]
The word "Marmaria" on the slab

However, nothing could have prepared the researchers for an exceptional finding: A marble slab made from a single piece with dimensions of ca. 140 cm by 70 cm bearing an engraving written in the Aramaic language in Hebrew letters. The researchers have already managed to decipher two words from the inscription: “amen” and the word “marmaria.” This latter word is probably the word for “marble,” although some scholars suggest that it could refer to Maria's great Rabbi, as 'mar' means Rabbi. According to the researchers, an inscription in Aramaic in Hebrew letters dating to the year ca. 500 CE suggests that the settlement at the site was Jewish, or at least mixed. Accordingly, they added, the most reasonable assumption is that 500 years earlier the settlement would have been entirely Jewish. “The presence of a Jewish site on the eastern shores of the Sea of Galilee is a very rare phenomenon. Until now we have not had any proof that Jewish settlements existed during this period along the eastern shores of the Sea of Galilee” Dr. Cohen explained.

The combination of all the findings led the researchers to go back 2000 years, to Jesus’s visits to the area as described in the New Testament, and particularly to the “Land of the Gederenes,” a name that refers to Kursi. According to the New Testament, Jesus came to Kursi after crossing the Sea of Galilee from one anchorage to another. Since this is the only harbor in the area, the scholars believe that this story, together with the inscription indicating the Jewish origins of the settlement, together provide archeological evidence that this site may indeed be the Kursi of the New Testament.
The inscription testifies to the Jewish roots of the settlement and is also unique in other respects. Indeed, it is the first artifact of its kind found in Israel. Most of the dedication plates from this period were made as mosaics embedded in the floor of the compound; this is the first of its kind engraved on marble commissioned specially from Greece. The inscription was found at the entrance to an inner room inside a building that probably served as a synagogue. “The dedication comprises eight lines, so that it is very detailed or expansive. In most cases we do not find so many words in Hebrew letters engraved on stone, so the person to whom the inscription was dedicated must have had a tremendous influence on the local people. There is no parallel for such a detailed and expensive dedication in archeological findings to date in Israel,” Prof. Artzy notes.

Volunteers from Israel and from abroad are participating in the excavations at Kursi beach site, particularly from China and Taiwan and students from the International Program at the University of Haifa. Ground penetrating radar and other tests are being implemented in cooperation with Dr. Yossi Salomon of the Technion and researchers from Spain and France. In addition, volunteers from the religious girls’ high school at Nov participated in the excavation as part of the Antiquity Authority’s “Heritage” program. Additional archeological findings at the site include earthenware vessels and an earthenware oil lamp featuring fish, as well as another ceramic oil lamp featuring a ship. 

Quote:Mary Magdalene's name is mostly given as Μαρία (Maria)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Magdalene

Quote:However, nothing could have prepared the researchers for an exceptional finding: A marble slab made from a single piece with dimensions of ca. 140 cm by 70 cm bearing an engraving written in the Aramaic language in Hebrew letters. The researchers have already managed to decipher two words from the inscription: “amen” and the word “marmaria.” This latter word is probably the word for “marble,” although some scholars suggest that it could refer to Maria's great Rabbi, as 'mar' means Rabbi. 

http://www.newswise.com/articles/univers...e-at-kursi

as 'mar' means Rabbi.

Rabbi“marmaria.”Maria

Rabbi Maria??? could this aramaic language written in hebrew characters be ambiguous as “marble,”???

[Image: sasha-cooke-mary-magdalene-600w.jpg]
What if it means Mary became the Holycowsmile Rabbi ---or---   Rabbi that followed Sheep  Mary? Peter/Paul

You may take note that there is a bit of uncertainty about this ancient text wich is to be allowed in such a rare find ofthis juxtaposed linguo-transcription oddity because this goes back~2 millenia and once deciphered fully,have itz roots commemerate a real event or person encapsulated in time.

There is a more recent precedent to uncertainty of exact circumstances of stanza's and authorship but for comparison I post this:
Quote:There are two competing theories on the origin of this poem. One holds that Roulstone wrote the first four lines and that the final twelve lines, less childlike than the first, were composed by Sarah Josepha Hale; the other is that Hale was responsible for the entire poem.[3]

"Mary Had a Little Lamb" is an English language nursery rhyme of nineteenth-century American origin. It has a Roud Folk Song Index number of 7622.

Contents
  [hide
[*]

Background[edit]
The nursery rhyme was first published by the Boston publishing firm Marsh, Capen & Lyon, as an original poem bySarah Josepha Hale on May 24, 1830, and was inspired by an actual incident.[1]
As a young girl, Mary Sawyer (later Mary Tyler) kept a pet lamb that she took to school one day at the suggestion of her brother. A commotion naturally ensued. Mary recalled: "Visiting school that morning was a young man by the name of John Roulstone, a nephew of the Reverend Lemuel Capen, who was then settled in Sterling. It was the custom then for students to prepare for college with ministers, and for this purpose Roulstone was studying with his uncle. The young man was very much pleased with the incident of the lamb; and the next day he rode across the fields on horseback to the little old schoolhouse and handed me a slip of paper which had written upon it the three original stanzas of the poem..."[2]
There are two competing theories on the origin of this poem. One holds that Roulstone wrote the first four lines and that the final twelve lines, less childlike than the first, were composed by Sarah Josepha Hale; the other is that Hale was responsible for the entire poem.[3]
Mary Sawyer's house, located in Sterling, Massachusetts, was destroyed by arson on August 12, 2007.[4] A statue representing Mary's Little Lamb stands in the town center. The Redstone School, which was built in 1798, was purchased by Henry Ford and relocated to a churchyard on the property of Longfellow's Wayside Inn in Sudbury, Massachusetts.
The rhyme is also famous for being the first thing recorded by Thomas Edison on his newly invented phonographin 1877.[5] It was the first instance of recorded verse.[5] In 1927, Edison reenacted the recording, which still survives.[6] The earliest recording (1878) was retrieved by 3-D imaging equipment in 2012.[7]
Blues musicians Buddy Guy and Stevie Ray Vaughan both popularized the song in their own albums: Guy composing his own bluesy version of the song for his album A Man and the Blues in 1968 and Vaughan covering Guy's version in his 1983 debut album, Texas Flood, with both also infusing the first four lines of the nursery rhyme, "A-Tisket, A-Tasket", into the song. In 1972, Paul McCartney released a version of the song. Just as he had done with the 16th-century poem Golden Slumbers which was released on The BeatlesAbbey Road LP in 1969, he added his own melody to the lyrics. The single was a top 20 hit in Britain although both the choice for and the saccharine arrangement of "Mary Had a Little Lamb" did much to erode his standing with leading rock journalists.[citation needed] McCartney played the song during Wings' 1972 summer tour and it was included in the Spring 1973 James Paul McCartney television special. It is commercially available on the 1993 CD issue of theWings Wild Life LP.
Text[edit]
Song[edit]
[*]
In the 1830s, Lowell Mason set the nursery rhyme to a melody adding repetition in the verses:
[*]
Mary had a little lamb,
His fleece was white as snow,
And everywhere that Mary went,
The lamb was sure to go.

He followed her to school one day,
Which was against the rule,
It made the children laugh and play
To see a lamb at school.

And so the teacher turned it out,
But still it lingered near,
And waited patiently about,
Till Mary did appear.

"Why does the lamb love Mary so?"
The eager children cry.
"Why, Mary loves the lamb, you know."
The teacher did reply.[8]
V:

Quote:History ... the propaganda bible of sentient civilizations. {across the Alien2  galaxies}

from the Talpiot tomb material:

Quote:The inscriptions and the approximate dates of burial have led some to suggest 
the Talpiot Tomb means Jesus married, 
that he fathered a child, 
and that the existence of bodily remains means the Resurrection could never have happened.

Last sentence ...
just as there is no true evidence that Jesus resurrected,
but if he did,
there is still no evidence that the last statement there covers all the bases of possibilities,
and it is inconclusive.

We have talked about alien visitation, 
and even alien intervention being a part of the human past.
One cannot say that divine visitation / intervention,
is not a factor of history in sentient civilizations {across the Alien2  galaxies},
or on a plethora of universal conditions.
How each recorded histroy relates that experience is another story

John Lilly's ECCO {early 70's psychedelia} was always an interesting perspective on divine intervention / maintenance,
and that had to do with "coincidence control".
{Lilly also being the scientist that preformed dolphin- LSD experiments under CIA funding}

People see angels and no doubt many hallucinate them.
Shaman trip off into the trandimensional DMT universes and have spiritual experience.
I would assume that divine intervention experienced in "visions" and angelic contact,
must have at least a small percentage of those occurrences to be validly reported by the experiencer.
But you can easily create historic content over any of those experiences if many believe in them.

So many ancient histories get desecrated into rubble by new creators {occupiers}
into the new history they want to initiate.
ISIS is a good current example of this.
The ancient Olmec archaeologies are another.

Annunaki have a potential history on Earth, and if they exist,
they have their own history and you can bet that they had their own attachment to divine interpretation,
aside from the convenient stature of Godz on Earth.

Divine Intervention thus has infinite possibilities in an infinite universe.
Divine Intervention then IS the infinite universe? {s}
Infinity Divinity maintains itself as the Eternal Now.

Jesus and Mohammed and Buddha are probably historic commonalities across the galactic spectrums,
with different names and faces.
These may be incarnated figures of divine maintenance. 
Some may have hallucinated their angelic or God experiences.
Jesus needs to come down off his historic cross and return to Earth.
Time to reincarnate.
Leave the old bones behind.
To every philosophy, theory, supposed bit of evidence that challenges the Gospel accounts of Jesus, or adds to them in any fashion that might challenge His Divinity, there can many times as much that confirms it.
Of those, many stand out, but of those, a good place to start might be the 'SEVENS'.
Posted those before, but it seems a bit of a bump is always in order whenever the challenges to Christ's Divinity are dusted off and put forth as tho they were fact instead of well.....whatever.
If the Sevens are objected to because none of us can actually read Greek, Aramaic, or whatever may have been the original script, to that I cannot speak. But I can find no credible contradiction to them.
The Sevens;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hOKA9fR2p4
They are in my world!

What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done; and there is nothing new under the sun.
Is there a thing of which it is said, "See, this is new?"It has been already, in the ages before us. Ecc 1: 9-10
Roosters run afoul of genetic rules
[Image: catalogphp4.jpg]
Moms aren’t the only ones that pass mitochondrial DNA to offspring
A modern legend about  Mary Magdalene says she was a woman of some wealth and social status. Following Jesus Christ’s death and resurrection, she used her position to gain an invitation to a banquet given by Emperor Tiberius Caesar. When she met him, she held a plain egg in her hand and exclaimed “Christ is risen!” Caesar laughed, and said that Christ rising from the dead was as likely as the egg in her hand turning red while she held it. Before he finished speaking, the egg in her hand turned a bright red, and she continued proclaiming the Gospel to the entire imperial house.

Today, many Eastern Orthodox Christians end the Easter service by sharing bright red eggs and proclaiming to each other, “Christ is risen!” The eggs represent new life, and Christ bursting forth from the tomb. This began one tradition of coloring Easter eggs.  – Nazarene Way of Essenic Studies

BY 
TINA HESMAN SAEY 
7:00AM, DECEMBER 18, 2015

[img=790x0]https://www.sciencenews.org/sites/default/files/2015/12/main/articles/122615_notebook-bizarre.jpg[/img]
LOOK, NO HENS  Roosters sometimes hand mitochondria down to their chicks, DNA analysis of White Plymouth Rock chickens reveals. Usually mitochondria, energy-producing organelles in cells, are inherited from the mother. 

VIRGINIA TECH

Magazine issue: Vol. 188, No. 13, December 26, 2015, p. 4

Researchers caught a rooster doing a hen’s job: passing on mitochondrial DNA to his chicks. 
Mitochondria, the energy-generating organelles inside cells, carry a circular chromosome containing genes needed to make the mitochondria and keep them running. The long-held rule was that these powerhouses of the cell are inherited only from the mother. But some birds in a 50-generation family of White Plymouth Rock chickens at Virginia Tech broke that rule.
For the study, reported in the October Biology Letters, researchers determined the genetic makeup of mitochondrial genomes from 12 of the chickens. A mutation in the ND4L gene originated in a rooster, the researchers discovered. He passed the mutation to his chicks.
Scientists don’t know how often mitochondria are inherited from fathers in the wild — they’ve seen it in some plants (SN: 5/16/15, p. 8), sheep Sheep 

[Image: rooster-crowing-2.jpg]
and even in one person.Shroud of Turin anyone???

Quote:The patient was a 28-year-old man with severe, lifelong exercise intolerance. He had never been able to run more than a few steps. His cardiac and pulmonary functions were normal, and he was otherwise well. Both parents and a 23-year-old sister were healthy and had normal exercise tolerance.
The myopathic symptoms were associated with severe lactic acidosis induced by minor physical exertion. His plasma lactate level after walking 100 m at a slow pace was 6 to 8 mmol per liter (the normal level is below 2.5 mmol per liter). His creatine kinase levels were marginally elevated in periods of no physical exertion. Biopsies of the right and left quadriceps muscle revealed that 15 percent of the fibers were of the ragged-red type, a result consistent with the accumulation of abnormal mitochondria with impaired respiratory function.

Quote:The Deathstruggle

Someone hanging is pulled by gravitation force. The muscles of the upper body are under terrible tension. The ribs are pulled up and as a result it becomes extremely difficult to breathe. After about ten minutes the crucified man is in terrible agony. The muscles of the upper body are seized with awful spasms. Great quantities of lactic acid are produced by these muscles and make the whole body quite acidic. Because breathing is impeded body cannot get rid of the carbonic acid via breathing, which in turn makes the body even more acidic. All the muscles of the body experience a hellish spasm. The victim then starts to perspire, and will finally suffocate, sometime within half an hour.

Such a quick death was not intended by the Romans, and therefore the feet were also nailed down. That made it possible for the crucified one to push his body somewhat up. The upper body got some relief in that way, he could draw breath and the ashen colour of his face disappeared. But then the full bodyweight rested on the footnail, which caused horrible pain. As a result the body slumped again after some time, hanging again on the upper nails and the suffering, described above, repeated itself. And that went on and on. Hanging on the upper nails and pushing up the body on the footnail alternated until this finally became impossible through exhaustion and the victim died by suffocation.

If it lasted too long and the soldiers became tired, or because the Sabbath was approaching, the process could be sped up, when the legs of the condemned one were shattered by an iron rod. The body could then no longer be pushed up by the legs, and death occurred usually within a quarter of an hour. With the lord Jesus that was not necessary and the words "not one of his bones will be broken" (John 20:36 cf. Ex 12:46; Num 9:12; Ps 34:20) was fulfilled.

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa020350
Biochemical analysis demonstrated an isolated deficiency of the mitochondrial enzyme complex I of the respiratory chain in muscle. There were no signs of muscular atrophy or weakness. The abnormal findings in muscle-biopsy specimens from both thighs and the finding of severely impaired oxygen extraction when the forearm muscles were repeatedly contracted8 suggested generalized muscular involvement

Such evidence suggests that fathers bequeath mitochondria to their progeny more often than previously suspected. 
[Image: image39.png]
That finding could muddy the results of the many studies that use mitochondrial DNA to trace maternal lineages and determine evolutionary relationships. 

3,333 Views!

Citations
M. Alexander et al. Mitogenomic analysis of a 50-generation chicken pedigree reveals a rapid rate of mitochondrial evolution and evidence for paternal mtDNA inheritanceBiology Letters. Vol. 11, October 2015. doi: 10.1098/rsbl.2015.0561.

Translated into the language of modern biology, what this means is that Jesus’ DNA would have no Y chromosome.
Deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) is a nucleic acid containing the genetic instructions used in the development and functioning of all (except RNA viruses) known living organisms. DNA segments carrying this genetic information are called genes.
chromosome is an organized structure of DNA and protein found in cells. It is a single piece of coiled DNA containing many genes, regulatory elements, other nucleotide sequences, and proteins that package the DNA and control its functions.
In human beings, as in all mammals, sex/gender is determined by the XY chromosomes. The XY sex chromosomes are different in shape and size from each other. Females have two of the same kind of sex chromosome (XX), while males have two distinct sex chromosomes (XY). A male child gets his Y chromosome from his biological father. The combination of two Y chromosomes is always lethal in humans.
[img=0x0]http://fellowshipofminds.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/the-human-y-chromosome-showing-the-sry-gene-which-codes-for-a-protein-regulating-sexual-differentiation.png?w=307&h=369[/img]
The human Y chromosome showing the SRY gene

Within the Y chromosome is a gene, SRY, that is the sex-determining region of the Y chromosome. Once SRY is activated, cells create testosterone and anti-müllerian hormone to turn the genderless sex organs into male. With females, their cells excrete estrogen, driving the body down the female pathway.
In his book, The Physics of Christianity (Doubleday, 2007), Tulane University physicist Dr. Frank J. Tipler reasons that if the Gospels’ account of the virgin birth is true, then Jesus’ DNA makeup would have no Y chromosome because he did not have a human father, but instead have two X chromosomes. However, since Jesus was clearly male, he must have the SRY gene. But the SRY gene, instead of being in the Y chromosome, was inserted into a location where it is not normally found – inside one of the two X chromosomes imparted from Mary, his mother.

And that’s exactly what a team of Italian researchers found.

In January 1995, led by Professor Marcello Canale of the Institute of Legal Medicine in Genoa, a group of Italian researchers, including several workers who had invented the standard DNA test for gender, conducted a DNA analysis of the blood on the Shroud of Turin and on the Oviedo Cloth (also called the Sudarium of Oviedo). A recent report by scientists confirms that the Shroud is not a fake.Mark Guscin provides strong evidence that the Sudarium of Oviedo, Spain, is the cloth described in John 20:7 as being wrapped around Jesus’ head.

Here is Dr. Tipler’s account (from pages 183-187 of his book):

Normally, the results of a DNA test of the blood on such a famous object would be published in English in a major scientific journal. … Not so the results of this DNA test. The results were published, in Italian, in the very obscure Italian journal devoted to the study of the Turin Shroud. Furthermore, only the raw data were published. That is, the Genoa team published black-and-white Xerox copies of the computer output of the DNA analyzer. This is never, never done. Always, the data are presented in a neat table or figure, and they are accompanied by a discussion of their significance. The Genoa team made no effort to interpret their data.

But I was able to interpret the data at once. They are the expected signature of the DNA of a male born in a Virgin Birth! … 

The Turin Shroud data show 107 (106+1) but not trace of a 112 base pair gene. The Oviedo Cloth data show 105 (106-1) but no trace of a 112 base pair. The X chromosome is present, but there is no evidence of a Y chromosome. This is the expected signature of … virgin birth,the XX male generated by an SRY inserted into an X chromosome. It is not what would be expected of a standard male.

Other explanations are possible. The DNA analyzed could be entirely contamination from people who later touched the Shroud and the Cloth. But we have witnesses that men touched the two samples also, and it seems incredible that no trace of male contamination would be seen…. Another possibility is that the Turin Shroud and the Oviedo Cloth are fakes and that the fakes used real blood from males they knew were born of virgins. This possibility, in my opinion, has zero probability.

The DNA data thus support the virgin birth hypothesis. The DNA data supporting a virgin birth also support the hypothesis that both the Turin Shroud and the Oviedo Cloth are genuine. 

So much for what Rudolf Bultmann, a leading theologian of the 1930s, once sneeringly said: “Myths [like the Virgin Birth] are difficult to believe in these days of electric lights.”

In the end, what is most intriguing about the Shroud and the Ovieto Cloth is that their characteristics and true nature are increasingly revealed as human beings grow more in knowledge and our science becomes increasingly advanced and sophisticated. Instead of science showing the Shroud and the Ovieto Cloth to be fakes, it is with science that their miraculous character is revealed.

“The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; upon those who dwelt in the land of gloom a light has shone. You have brought them abundant joy and great rejoicing…. For a child is born to us, a son is given us; upon his shoulder dominion rests. They name him Wonder-Counselor, God-Hero, Father-Forever, Prince of Peace.” -Isaiah 9:1-6

UPDATE (Nov. 7, 2015):

A reader “Mike” asked for the Italian scientists’ DNA data, which are published in Dr. Tipler’s book. Here they are (click tables to enlarge):

[Image: stmarymags-karmievarya.jpg]
[img=0x0]https://fellowshipofminds.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/table-7-1-dna-on-turin-shroud.jpg?w=500&h=301[/img][img=0x0]https://fellowshipofminds.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/table-7-2-dna-on-oviedo-cloth.jpg?w=500&h=153[/img]
that is really interesting on the XX chromosome male Jesus.
he was not a true male,
he was an It,
that could procreate.
Humans are Males Females and Its Lol

Maitreya was known as not male or female and is often equated to Christ.
I talked of historic manipulations of Christ and visions that prophets and such have ... earlier.

this is an interesting perspective on that

http://blavatskytheosophy.com/maitreya-i...theosophy/

excerpts

Quote:Regardless of who and what Maitreya might actually be,
 the future event known symbolically and allegorically as the “Coming of Maitreya” 
or “Coming of the Kalki Avatar” 
will not be the appearance of an individual Avatar 
or personal Messiah figure as is often thought. 

It will instead be the incarnation of the “Supreme Wisdom” 
(Adi-Buddhi in Theosophical terminology)
into the whole of humanity collectively. 

And that sums up everything H.P. Blavatsky ever said and taught about Maitreya.

Quote:It may come as a surprise to some but H.P. Blavatsky actually said very little about Maitreya.

The emphasis in the Theosophical Movement on Maitreya did not begin until 1909,
18 years after Blavatsky’s death. 
This emphasis and focus was begun by a highly controversial English Theosophist named C.W. Leadbeater.

In 1906, Leadbeater had been forced out of the Theosophical Society in shame and disgrace 
after admitting under oath to having performed sexual acts on young boys in his care. 
However, only a couple of years later, 
Annie Besant – who was soon to become the president of the Theosophical Society – Hmm2
invited Leadbeater back and readmitted him,
much to the shock and disgust of many members.

In 1909, soon after having been readmitted and raised to a place of prominence by Besant, 
Leadbeater claimed that he had discovered via his supposed clairvoyant and spiritual powers 
that the coming of Maitreya was imminent. 

Apparently unperturbed by or oblivious to the fact that equating Maitreya with Christ is offensive 
to the majority of both Buddhists and Christians, 
Leadbeater declared that the coming of Maitreya – 
or, in other words, the Second Coming of Christ – 
was near and that he was intending to make his reappearance on the world scene 
by means of overshadowing another individual, 
this time a young Indian man called ---> Jiddu Krishnamurti Whip
who Leadbeater had seen playing on the beach near Theosophical Society headquarters in Adyar, India, 
one day and taken a shine to Naughty

Much to the distress of Krishnamurti’s father – 
who considered Leadbeater to be a predatory menace and corrupting influence towards all young boys – 
Leadbeater and Besant eventually managed to seize custody of the boy 
and the next twenty years were spent carefully grooming and training him – 
some might instead be inclined to call it brainwashing – for his eventual “mission.”

For further details of this period, see Tillett’s book or any in depth biographies of Krishnamurti.

Suffice it to say that just as Leadbeater, Besant, and thousands of Theosophists around the world 
were expecting Krishnamurti 
to begin publicly fulfilling his role, 
thus allowing the Coming of Maitreya/Christ to occur, 
the boy, now grown into an intelligent and capable young man, 
shocked them all in 1929 
by delivering a speech in which he abdicated the position, 
assuring his listeners that he was not the vessel for “Christ-Maitreya” 
and that in fact there was no Christ-Maitreya after all Lol
and subsequently separated himself from the Theosophists. 

When asked some fifty years later to share his reminiscences about Leadbeater, 
he replied, 
“All I will say about that man is that he was EVIL.”

Several years after the 1909 announcement, 
a devout Christian woman from England named Alice Bailey 
joined the Theosophical Society and began enthusiastically studying and accepting Leadbeater and Besant’s teachings. 

A few years later, however, she parted company with the Theosophists and began her own organisation, 
known as the Lucis Trust and the Arcane School. 

Over the course of thirty years she wrote and published over twenty books, 
almost all of which she claimed to have been directly inspired and dictated by a Tibetan Master called Djwhal Khul.

Just as Besant and Leadbeater had chosen years previously to reject, discard, 
and suppress the original Theosophy teachings of H.P. Blavatsky 
and to present their own instead, 
the version of “Theosophy” found in the Alice Bailey books is pure Leadbeater/Besant stuff 
and contradicts all the Blavatsky teachings at almost every point, 
having next to nothing in common with them. 

For more details in this regard, please see the articles 14 Good Reasons to reject the Alice Bailey Teachings, 
The Pseudo-Occultism of Alice Bailey, 
and 31 Important Differences between Theosophy and Neo-Theosophy.

From her very first book, 
Bailey showed her faith in Leadbeater by promulgating 
the teaching that the Second Coming of the Christ-Maitreya was close at hand. 

Always written in a distinctly Christian tone, 
Bailey’s books developed an increasing emphasis on this theme until by the time of her death in 1949 
she was writing about little else. 

She informed her readers that Maitreya had made a definite decision at the Gemini Full Moon of 1945 
to reappear publicly on the world scene in person as soon as the necessary preparations could be made.

He was apparently intending to fly in an aeroplane from his retreat in Asia Lol
and give mankind the new spiritual teaching it needs in order to bring about the civilisation 
and force of the New Age of Aquarius, 
although it was implied that he was not actually likely to do this until some time after the year 2025 
and that until then it was the “immediate and pressing” task and duty 
of the Bailey followers to let the whole world know about it 
and to smooth the way for the auspicious event by daily reciting a type of prayer titled “The Great Invocation.”

Although Bailey – who readily admitted of her own accord that she was a committed Christian – 
naturally preferred the name “Christ” to “Maitreya” 
and thus referred to him in many of her books solely as “Christ,” 
she nevertheless made it clear that she agreed entirely with Leadbeater about Christ and Maitreya being one and the same.

Over the last few decades numerous individuals have come and gone, all claiming to be Maitreya, 
just as many pretenders have come and gone throughout history claiming to be Jesus. 

At the same time, the Alice Bailey followers and other pseudo-Theosophists 
continue to spread their Leadbeater-esque teachings, 
whilst Alice Bailey enthusiast Benjamin Creme in London 
assures his large international following Whip
that the Christ-Maitreya has already returned and has been living secretly in London since 1977 Lol
waiting patiently 
(when not flying around in his “special starship”) 
for the day when he can at last reveal himself to the world. 

Meanwhile, hundreds if not thousands of channelling enthusiasts flood the internet daily 
with what they announce as being the “latest messages” – 
all contradicting each other – 
fresh from Maitreya, for whom each of them claims to be the chosen mouthpiece.

All this nonsense, 
this sheer fantasy and psychic delusion, 
goes directly back to C.W. Leadbeater, 
a man who has done more harm to the cause of modern spirituality than many have yet realised.

Hmm2
EA,

You always put me in danger of being distracted by the Shroud.
But so do all the revealed mysteries about Christ.
Marvelous stuff!
The DNA revelations of science only confirm so much of it as they may, but all leaves open the possibility of Faith.
Faith and doubt. Choice is what is wanted.

I have heard Chuck Missler (The Sevens narration) state that he has come to believe the first 5 books of the bible to be so riddled with revelations about Christ's coming mission on earth (New Testament times) that there may not be so much as a single chapter that does not contain hidden references about it. Perhaps not a single verse. Even more than that!
They are in my world!

creationist legislation evolves![/url]
This thread evolves.
I created it.

Quote:EA,

Marvelous stuff!
The DNA revelations of science only confirm so much of it as they may, but all leaves open the possibility of Faith.
Faith and doubt. Choice is what is wanted.

"Creationism is getting stealthier in the wake of legal defeats, but techniques from the study of evolution reveal how creationist legislation evolves," Matzke said.

'descent with modification,'
The Shroud is an unproven 'miracle' there's not much danger in that.

Rabbi“marmaria.”Maria

Here is a God's Eye view and Itz Remote Sensed there's not much danger or 'miracle' in that either.

[Image: lunarreconna.jpg]
Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter releases new high-resolution earthrise image
December 18, 2015
Credit: NASA/Goddard/Arizona State University
NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO) recently captured a unique view of Earth from the spacecraft's vantage point in orbit around the moon.

Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2015-12-lunar-reconnaissance-orbiter-high-resolution-earthrise.html#jCp

Elon Musk and Space-x just Landed their rocket!!!  
No danger or miracle there either.(Barge attempts)nice try elon   

just:

[Image: 23815532621_4ca019e924_z.jpg]

[Image: 23602305520_780e4020c2_z.jpg]

[Image: 23871918326_4049e73de1_z.jpg]

You aren't in danger from gnosis and elon musk had faith in himself.

They ain't done diggin' round Jesus' travels yet FSB and more will be unearthed.
The Falcon 9 nightime Rocket-Landing looked as Epic as Ezekial!!!

Researchers caught a rooster Creationists  doing a hen’s Darwinists job: passing on mitochondrial DNA to his chicks 'descent with modification,'

Evolutionary biologists have analyzed political opposition to evolution and found it has evolved
December 17, 2015

[Image: 1-theevolution.jpg]
A photograph of teachers at a workshop learn tips for teaching evolution. A new study reveals strategies used in state lawmaking to influence the teaching of evolution in public schools. Credit: NIMBioS
Organized opposition to the teaching of evolution in public schools in the United States began in the 1920s, leading to the famous Scopes Monkey trial. It continues today, but has evolved significantly from the outright bans.

In a new study from the National Institute for Mathematical and Biological Synthesis (NIMBioS), the evolutionary history of antievolution efforts in state legislatures is statistically reconstructed in a phylogenetic tree to reveal the genealogical relationships among lawmaking efforts over the past decade.
The study sheds light on the strategies used by creationists to influence the way biology is taught in the classroom.
While US courts have consistently ruled that teaching explicitly religious alternatives to evolution, such as creation science or intelligent design, violates the US Constitution, creationists have continued to fight legal and political battles to undermine the teaching of evolution.
The study, published today in the journal Science, shows the detailed 'family relationships' of antievolution legislation in the US from 2004 to the present. The phylogenetic analysis tracks the copying and modification of the text of the legislative proposals over the last ten years, which total 65 bills.

In 2004, antievolutionist legislation began to shift tactics due to likely challenges to the constitutionality of 'intelligent design.' In the 2005 Kitzmiller v. Dover decision, a federal court held that teaching intelligent design in the public schools was unconstitutional, and afterwards, policies encouraging 'critical analyses' of evolution and other topics became dominant.    

Evolutionary history of some key traits in antievolution bills. Fifteen traits are presented; slide 14 corresponds to Figure 1 of the main paper, and slide 15 shows the U.S. state for each policy. The raw data for these trait maps (and also character maps for 400+ characters) is available in the paper's Supplementary Data. Credit: Nicholas J. Matzke

Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2015-12-evolutionary-biologists-political-opposition-evolution.html#jCp
The study shows the origin of this now-common tactic of urging a critical approach in antievolutionist language in the bills.
"The strategy of encouraging 'critical analysis' of not just evolution and origin-of-life studies, but also of human cloning and global warming was essentially invented in a 2006 school board policy passed in Ouachita Parish, Louisiana. This combination proved popular, and legislative bills using this tactic have since been proposed in many states, and were passed in Louisiana and Tennessee," explained lead author Nick Matzke, a former NIMBioS postdoctoral fellow and now a fellow at the Australian National University.
The study also found that antievolution bills show evidence of 'descent with modification,' suggesting that anti-evolutionist legislators copy bills recently proposed or passed, rather than writing new bills from scratch. In addition, although the antievolution bills usually avoid mentioning creationism, most could be tied directly to creationism through statements in the legislation or by the bills' sponsors.
"Creationism is getting stealthier in the wake of legal defeats, but techniques from the study of evolution reveal how creationist legislation evolves," Matzke said.
[Image: 1x1.gif] Explore further: Should we teach creationism in schools? Yes, in history class
More information: "The evolution of antievolution policies after Kitzmiller v. Dover ," www.sciencemag.org/lookup/doi/10.1126/science.aad4057 
Journal reference: Science [Image: img-dot.gif] [Image: img-dot.gif]
Provided by: National Institute for Mathematical and Biological Synthesis[Image: img-dot.gif]

Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2015-12-evolutionary-biologists-political-opposition-evolution.html#jCp[url=http://phys.org/news/2015-12-evolutionary-biologists-political-opposition-evolution.html#jCp]
Quote:Monday, December 21st, 2015, 05:42 am

EA,

Marvelous stuff!

Out with the old. 2015 Assimilated
Suspect Science: The Top 5 Retracted Papers of 2015

by Christopher Wanjek   |   December 30, 2015 08:12am ET

Quote:2. Shroud lifted on colorful Italian engineer
Alberto Carpinteri hasn't garnered much international attention, but he's infamous in Italy for a series of fantastical papers with topics as disparate as the Shroud of Turin and cold fusion.
As the director of the Italian National Institute of Metrological Research (INRIM) in Turin, Carpinteri had planned to put some of his institution's funding toward a disputed form of nuclear fission called piezonuclear, in which compressing solids can result in nuclear fission without producing nuclear waste or gamma rays. More than 1,000 scientists disagreed with the idea, and the Italian government backed down from funding the project, as reported in 2012 in the journal Nature.
Those dissenting scientists may be reassured by the fact that 11 of Carpinteri's papers were retracted this year. All are from a journal Carpinteri once edited, called Meccanica, and, according to the retraction notices, all have been pulled because "the editorial process had been compromised." Among the papers were four that support the theory of piezonuclear energy, including one that attempted to marry the piezonuclear concept with the similarly disputed theory of cold fusion: "Cold Nuclear Fusion Explained by Hydrogen Embrittlement and Piezonuclear Fissions in Metallic Electrodes."
Among the more widely reported of Carpinteri's retracted studies was his revelation that the Shroud of Turin — a piece of linen that some believe was the burial shroud of Jesus, but which, based on radiocarbon dating, appears to be from the 13th century — does indeed date back to the year of Jesus' death in 33 A.D. Carpinteri claimed to have determined that an earthquake in 33 A.D. of at least 8.3 magnitudecould have generated neutron radiation from the earth's crust (again, based on the piezonuclear theory) to produce the image from the crucified man's body. The same earthquake would have increased the amount of carbon-14 isotopes found on the linen, thus throwing off the radiocarbon dating, he said.
No word yet on whether cold fusion could have produced the shroud's image.

http://www.livescience.com/53228-top-ret...-2015.html

In with the new. 2016 Bump
Digging up the Past in 2016: What Archaeologists Expect to Find

by Owen Jarus, Live Science Contributor   |   December 31, 2015 08:59am ET

Gospel of Jesus' Wife
[Image: gospel-of-jesus-wife.jpg?1451570114]

[Image: PinExt.png]The Gospel of Jesus's Wife papyrus is not much larger than a business card.
Credit: Photo courtesy of Harvard University
View full size image

Quote:In September 2012, Harvard Professor Karen King reported the discovery of a papyrus with text that suggests Jesus had a wife. Written in Coptic (an Egyptian language that uses the Greek alphabet), the papyrus contains a translated line that reads, "Jesus said to them, 'My wife …'" and also refers to a "Mary," possibly Mary Magdalene. [6 Archaeological Forgeries That Tried to Change History]
King was careful to state that the papyrus doesn't reveal whether Jesus was married. Instead, it indicates whether some people in the ancient world believed he was married. The papyrus has received a huge amount of media attention.
Scientific testing published in 2014 in the journal Harvard Theological Review suggests that the text is authentic and dates back 1,200 years — long after Jesus lived. King thinks the papyrus is likely a copy of an earlier text. Since then a series of studies have come out arguing that the gospel is, in fact, a modern-day forgery.
In the past year new documents have been discovered that illuminate the provenance of the papyrus. The documents detail the life of Hans-Ulrich Laukamp, the alleged former owner of the papyrus.
Over the past two months new documents that provide new details on the provenance of the Gospel of Jesus’s Wife have been found. Also a new series of ink tests, conducted by scientists at Columbia University, will be published in 2016.
The documents found in the past two months, and ink tests that are due to be published in 2016, may allow scientists to determine when the Gospel of Jesus’s Wife was written, whether it is authentic and (if it is a forgery) who did it and how

http://www.livescience.com/53235-what-ar...-2016.html

King on the Subject of a King: who inked this thinked this?

Quote:King thinks the papyrus is likely a copy of an earlier text.

This will be interesting and maybe even CATHARtic.  Holycowsmile

[Image: cathar-logo.jpg]
I was raised roman catholic.
Here is something I hadn't heard before as I am not jewish nor ancient.
I originally posted it in a planet-x / dark matter thread...

But this part stood out.

Quote:Under ancient Jewish law, if a suspect on trial was unanimously found guilty by all judges, then the suspect was acquitted.
crucify him!!!   Sheep  crucify him??? )

This reasoning sounds counterintuitive, Holycowsmile but the legislators of the time had noticed that unanimous agreement often indicates the presence of systemic error in the judicial process, even if the exact nature of the error is yet to be discovered.
They intuitively reasoned that when something seems too good to be true, most likely a mistake was made. LilD

Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2016-01-evidence-bad.html#jCp

I post this article so we all can further gain discernment.

Why too much evidence can be a bad thing
January 4, 2016 by Lisa Zyga report

[Image: toomuchevide.jpg]

Quote:This conflation of texts was given sanction in the sixth century by Pope Gregory the Great (540–604) in a famous homily in which he holds Mary up as a model of penitence. 
Pope Gregory positively identified the unnamed anointer and adulteress as Mary,  and suggested that the ointment used on Jesus’ feet was once used to scent Mary’s body. 

In a police line-up, the probability that an individual is guilty increases
with the first three witnesses who unanimously identify him or her,

Judas

[Image: gospel-of-jesus-wife.jpg?1451570114]
(Peter: Deny x 3) 
[Image: rooster-crowing-2.jpg]

...but then decreases with additional unanimous witness identifications.(4 gospels is a decrease?  Wich one is less reliable?) Different colored lines represent various failure/error rates, with yellow representing zero failure. Credit: Gunn, et al. ©2016 The Royal Society

(Phys.org)—Under ancient Jewish law, if a suspect on trial was unanimously found guilty by all judges, then the suspect was acquitted. This reasoning sounds counterintuitive, but the legislators of the time had noticed that unanimous agreement often indicates the presence of systemic error in the judicial process, even if the exact nature of the error is yet to be discovered. They intuitively reasoned that when something seems too good to be true, most likely a mistake was made.

In a new paper to be published in The Proceedings of The Royal Society A, a team of researchers, Lachlan J. Gunn, et al., from Australia and France has further investigated this idea, which they call the "paradox of unanimity."
"If many independent witnesses unanimously testify to the identity of a suspect of a crime, we assume they cannot all be wrong," coauthor Derek Abbott, a physicist and electronic engineer at The University of Adelaide, Australia, told Phys.org. "Unanimity is often assumed to be reliable. However, it turns out that the probability of a large number of people all agreeing is small, so our confidence in unanimity is ill-founded. This 'paradox of unanimity' shows that often we are far less certain than we think."
Unlikely agreement

The researchers demonstrated the paradox in the case of a modern-day police line-up, in which witnesses try to identify the suspect out of a line-up of several people. The researchers showed that, as the group of unanimously agreeing witnesses increases, the chance of them being correct decreases until it is no better than a random guess.
In police line-ups, the systemic error may be any kind of bias, such as how the line-up is presented to the witnesses or a personal bias held by the witnesses themselves. Importantly, the researchers showed that even a tiny bit of bias can have a very large impact on the results overall. Specifically, they show that when only 1% of the line-ups exhibit a bias toward a particular suspect, the probability that the witnesses are correct begins to decrease after only three unanimous identifications. Counterintuitively, if one of the many witnesses were to identify a different suspect, then the probability that the other witnesses were correct would substantially increase.
The mathematical reason for why this happens is found using Bayesian analysis, which can be understood in a simplistic way by looking at a biased coin. If a biased coin is designed to land on heads 55% of the time, then you would be able to tell after recording enough coin tosses that heads comes up more often than tails. The results would not indicate that the laws of probability for a binary system have changed, but that this particular system has failed. In a similar way, getting a large group of unanimous witnesses is so unlikely, according to the laws of probability, that it's more likely that the system is unreliable.

The researchers say that this paradox crops up more often than we might think. Large, unanimous agreement does remain a good thing in certain cases, but only when there is zero or near-zero bias. Abbott gives an example in which witnesses must identify an apple in a line-up of bananas—a task that is so easy, it is nearly impossible to get wrong, and therefore large, unanimous agreement becomes much more likely.
On the other hand, a criminal line-up is much more complicated than one with an apple among bananas. Experiments with simulated crimes have shown misidentification rates as high as 48% in cases where the witnesses see the perpetrator only briefly as he runs away from a crime scene. In these situations, it would be highly unlikely to find large, unanimous agreement. But in a situation where the witnesses had each been independently held hostage by the perpetrator at gunpoint for a month, the misidentification rate would be much lower than 48%, and so the magnitude of the effect would likely be closer to that of the banana line-up than the one with briefly seen criminals.
Wide implications
The paradox of unanimity has many other applications beyond the legal arena. One important one that the researchers discuss in their paper is cryptography. Data is often encrypted by verifying that some gigantic number provided by an adversary is prime or composite. One way to do this is to repeat a probabilistic test called the Rabin-Miller test until the probability that it mistakes a composite as prime is extremely low: a probability of 2-128 is typically considered acceptable.
The systemic failure that occurs in this situation is computer failure. Most people never consider the possibility that a stray cosmic ray may flip a bit that in turn causes the test to accept a composite number as a prime. After all, the probability for such an event occurring is extremely low, approximately 10-13 per month. But the important thing is that it's greater than 2-128, so even though the failure rate is so tiny, it dominates over the desired level of security. Consequently, the cryptographic protocol may appear to be more secure than it really is, since test results that appear to indicate a high level of security are actually much more likely to be indicative of computer failure. In order to truly achieve the desirable level of security, the researchers advise that these "hidden" errors must be reduced to as close to zero as possible.
The paradox of unanimity may be counterintuitive, but the researchers explain that it makes sense once we have complete information at our disposal. Arrow
"As with most 'paradoxes,' it is not that our intuition is necessarily bad, but that our intuition has been badly informed," Abbott said. "In these cases, we are surprised because we simply aren't generally aware that identification rates by witnesses are in fact so poor, and we aren't aware that bit error rates in computers are significant when it comes to cryptography."
The researchers noted that the paradox of unanimity is related to the Duhem-Quine hypothesis, which states that it is not possible to test a scientific hypothesis in isolation, but rather hypotheses are always tested as a group. For instance, an experiment tests not only a certain phenomenon, but also the correction function of the experimental tools. In the paradox of unanimity, it's the methods (the "auxiliary hypotheses") that fail, and in turn reduce confidence in the main results.
More examples
Other areas where the paradox of unanimity emerges are numerous and diverse. Abbott describes several below, in his own words:
1) The recent Volkswagen scandal is a good example. The company fraudulently programmed a computer chip to run the engine in a mode that minimized diesel fuel emissions during emission tests. But in reality, the emissions did not meet standards when the cars were running on the road. The low emissions were too consistent and 'too good to be true.' The emissions team that outed Volkswagen initially got suspicious when they found that emissions were almost at the same level whether a car was new or five years old! The consistency betrayed the systemic bias introduced by the nefarious computer chip.
2) A famous case where overwhelming evidence was 'too good to be true' occurred in the 1993-2008 period. Police in Europe found the same female DNA in about 15 crime scenes across France, Germany, and Austria. This mysterious killer was dubbed the Phantom of Heilbronn and the police never found her. The DNA evidence was consistent and overwhelming, yet it was wrong. It turned out to be a systemic error. The cotton swabs used to collect the DNA samples were accidentally contaminated, by the same lady, in the factory that made the swabs.
3) When a government wins an election, one laments that the party of one's choice often wins with a relatively small margin. We often wish for our favored political party to win with unanimous votes. However, should that ever happen we would be led to suspect a systemic bias caused by vote rigging. An urban legend persists that Putin won 140% (!) of the votes; if this true then democracy clearly failed in that case. The take-home message is that, in a healthy democracy, when a party wins by a small margin, instead of name-calling the 'dumb' voters of the opposition, we should be celebrating the fact that the opposing voters preserved the integrity of democracy.
4) In science, theory and experiment go hand in hand and must support each other. In every experiment there is always 'noise,' and we must therefore expect some error. In the history of science there are a number of famous experiments where the results were 'too good to be true.' There are many examples that have been mired in controversy over the years, and the most famous are Millikan's oil drop experiment for determining the charge on the electron and Mendel's plant breeding experiments. If results are too clean and do not contain expected noise and outliers, then we can be led to suspect a form of confirmation bias introduced by an experimenter who cherry-picks the data.
5) In many committee meetings, in today's big organizations, there is a trend towards the idea that decisions must be unanimous. For example, a committee that ranks job applicants or evaluates key performance indicators (KPIs) often will argue until everyone in the room is in agreement. If one or two members are in disagreement, there is a tendency for the rest of the committee to win them over before moving on. A take-home message of our analysis is that the dissenting voice should be welcomed. A wise committee should accept that difference of opinion and simply record there was a disagreement. The recording of the disagreement is not a negative, but a positive that demonstrates that a systemic bias is less likely.
6) Eugene Wigner once coined the phrase 'the unreasonable effectiveness of mathematics' to describe the rather odd feeling that math seems to be so perfectly suited to describing physical theories. In a way, Wigner was expressing the idea that math itself is 'too good to be true.' (See this article for more on this idea.) The reality is that modern devices and machines are no longer analyzed by neat analytical mathematical equations, but by empirical formulas embedded in simulation software tools. For some of the next big science questions, particularly in the area of complex systems, we are looking to big data and machine learning rather than math. Analytical math as we knew it was not the perfect glove that could fit every type of problem. So how did we get seduced to once thinking that math was 'unreasonably effective'? It's the systemic confirmation bias introduced by the fact that for every great scientific paper we read with an elegant formula, there are many more rejected formulas that are never published and we never get to see. The math we have today was cherry-picked.
[Image: 1x1.gif] Explore further: Eye-witness identification may be attributed to bias
More information: Lachlan J. Gunn, et al. "Too good to be true: when overwhelming evidence fails to convince." Proceedings of The Royal Society A. To be published. 
Journal reference: Proceedings of the Royal Society A

Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2016-01-evidence-bad.html#jCp[/url]

Did Pontius Pilate know jewish law?
Or did jews know roman law?

Enquire into the possible ramifications of itz premise.

Monday, December 28, 2015

[Image: Caesarea-ram-statue.jpg]
(Vered Sarig, The Caesarea Development Corp.)
CAESAREA, ISRAEL—Last week, archaeologists from the Israel Antiquities Authority were digging near a Byzantine-era church in Caesarea Harbor National Park when they discovered a marble statue of a ram. In Christian art, rams could represent Christians or Jesus himself; in Roman art, rams appeared with the Greek gods Hermes and Mercury. In Egyptian art, rams were used to represent the god Amun. The statue “might have been part of the decoration of a Byzantine church from the sixth or seventh centuries A.D. at Caesarea. By the same token it could also be earlier, from the Roman period, and was incorporated in secondary use in the church structure,” excavation directors Peter Gendelman and Mohammad Hater explained in a[url=http://mfa.gov.il/MFA/IsraelExperience/History/Pages/Statue-of-a-ram-discovered-near-ancient-church-in-Caesarea-27-December-2015.aspx] press release. To read about a ritual bath discovered underneath a home in Jerusalem, go to "Under the Rug."

Review:
[Image: Jesus_healing_blind.jpg]
Jesus heals blind man.
Explore further: Eye-witness identification may be attributed to bias

More information: Lachlan J. Gunn, et al. "Too good to be true: when overwhelming evidence fails to convince." Proceedings of The Royal Society A. To be published. 

Journal reference: Proceedings of the Royal Society A

Read more at: http://phys.org/news/2016-01-evidence-bad.html#jCp