Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Next President of the United Fates of America
http://www.ijreview.com/2015/03/283565-c...n=Politics

Quote:In an interview with CNN’s Dana Bash, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) fired back at claims that he lacks sufficient experience to be Commander-in-Chief.

Bash attempted to draw comparisons between Cruz and 2008 presidential candidate Barack Obama, but the Texas Republican was having none of it, saying:

“In [Barack Obama’s] time in the Senate he had basically been a backbencher; he had not been leading on any issues of any significance. In my time in the Senate you can accuse me of being a lot of things but a backbencher is not one of them.”

Cruz continued to point out the stark contrasts between himself and then-candidate Obama:

“‘Unlike Barack Obama, I was not a community organizer before I was elected to the Senate,’ adding, ‘I spent five-and-a-half years as the solicitor general of Texas.

I supervised and led every appeal for the state of Texas in a 4,000-person agency with over 700 lawyers. Over the course of five-and-a-half years, over and over again Texas led the nation defending conservative principles and winning.'”

Cruz announced his candidacy last week, making him the first, high-profile Republican to officially jump into the 2016 race.
Never invite a Yoda to a frog leg dinner.
Go ahead invite Yoda to a Frog leg dinner

Messages In This Thread
Re: Next President of the United Fates of America - by Wook - 03-30-2015, 04:08 PM