Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Next President of the United Fates of America
https://www.commentarymagazine.com/cultu...ter-users/
Quote:
A strikingly candid New York Times dispatch published on Friday has apparently spooked Hillary Clinton’s cadre of supine acolytes. The arch-conservatives at the Times noted accurately that Clinton only reluctantly broke her 28-day streak of ignoring inquiries from the press after Fox News Channel White House correspondent Ed Henry aggressively prodded her. The Times dispatch from journalist Jason Horowitz observed truthfully that the media has only barely been able to conceal their “annoyance” with the former first lady’s stonewalling.

“In Iowa, Queen Hillary and the Everyday Americans of the Round Table distribute alms to the clamoring press,” Horowitz later tweeted. This editorializing inspired a backlash from the coterie of palace guards at Media Matters for America, but it was also perfectly justified. If you haven’t had the opportunity to review Clinton’s response to Henry’s question, and I highly recommend you do, her unconcealed disdain for the Fox reporter’s impertinence is best described as similar to that of a sovereign.

“Maybe when I finish talking to the people here,” Clinton said response to Henry’s query. Adopting a wry smile while surrounded by a group of Iowans handpicked by her campaign to represent a random sample, the likely Democratic presidential nominee added, “How’s that?”

“You’ll come over?” Henry probed.

“I might,” Clinton replied, chin pointed toward the heavens. “I have to ponder it, but I will put it on my list for due consideration.”

All that was missing was a reference to herself in the first person plural.

Clinton earned and received some due mockery for this display of airs both within and outside the journalistic establishment. But that is itself a problem for some in the world of political reporting. Some in the media have begun to concern themselves with the problematic nature of those insolent Americans who have the temerity to mock and even insult both the president and his heir apparent.

It seems that both the Times and Politico discovered this week the existence of the microblogging site Twitter, and the fact that anonymous users on that site can be, gasp, mean to public figures in positions of authority.

This week, Politico published a bizarre dispatch focused entirely on the “trolls,” or social media users who behave in an intentionally provocative fashion, that hound Clinton’s online presence.

“Some call her names like ‘witch,’ ‘dictator,’ ‘monster,’ and even ‘Hitlary,’” the report read, “all reminders of how polarizing Clinton can be — a feminist hero and glass-ceiling cracker to supporters; an untrustworthy, pandering operative to the haters.”

Politico noted that Clinton’s Twitter presence is followed by more people than the entire Republican 2016 field combined, “But that formidable footprint comes with a price.”

here's a thought for the pressitudes >

http://www.best-childrens-books.com/bird...ather.html
Quote:Aesop's Moral:
Birds of a feather flock together.
Another way of saying it:
Kids who hang out with bad kids tend to be bad kids.

Aesop's Fable:
The Farmer and the Stork
A Farmer placed nets over the field he'd just planted, catching a bunch of Crows that came to eat his seed. Caught with them was a Stork that had broken his leg in the net.

The Stork didn't want to meet the same fate as the Crows and so begged the farmer for his freedom.
"Please take pity on me and my broken leg," said the Stork, "and let me go - just this once. I'm no Crow; I'm a Stork, a bird of excellent character."
The Stork continued. "I respect and work for my mother and father. And look: my feathers are nothing like that of a Crow."
The Farmer snickered.
"You may be as you say, but what I know is this: I caught you with thieves, and so I will treat you like a thief."

The Farmer and the Stork summary: Like many of Aesop's Fables, the Farmer and the Stork can seem a little harsh today. In the original the Stork pleads for his life; I've softened the translation to leave him pleading for his freedom.

You'll find a very similar moral is conveyed in The Ass and His Purchaser - the message of which is You Are Judged by the Company You Keep - but without the life and death nature of the story.

Notable: In the original, Cranes are the scavengers the Farmer catches, not Crows. In light of the endangered status of some Cranes, and the fact that we're more likely today to see scarecrows than scarecranes, I made the change.

Birds of a feather flock together.
How to use Aesop's Fables.
More stories with morals.

Sheep

Doh

http://truthinmedia.com/bacon-classified...ampaign=nl
Bacon To Be Classified As Dangerous As Cigarettes By World Health Organization

Demmyocrats  to have a give up Bacon Plank in 2016 election?

Nonono

bad choice !
Never invite a Yoda to a frog leg dinner.
Go ahead invite Yoda to a Frog leg dinner

Messages In This Thread
RE: Next President of the United Fates of America - by Wook - 10-26-2015, 05:42 PM