Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Mike Bara makes an ass of himself again
    In his new book Ancient Aliens & Secret Societies, Mike Bara once again allows his bizarre hatred of NASA to blind him to the truth.

He trots out yet again the well-debunked idea that the Brookings Report of 1960 mandated NASA to STFU if it ever discovered evidence of extraterrestrial life. The debunk is here -- in a nutshell, the report recommended that the question of public reaction should be researched but it did not express any preconceived opinion.

Then he moves on to an even more serious error -- what he calls the 'Ritual Alignment Model.' This is a self-evidently ridiculous proposition according to which NASA times mission events when any of five stars are at any of five elevations as seen from some vantage point such as Houston or The Cape. The stars are Sirius, Regulus, and the belt stars of Orion. The elevations are -33°, -19.5°, 0, 19.5° and 33°. It calls to mind launch controllers meticulously calculating a launch window for an orbital rendezvous, then a senior manager yelling "STOP!!!! We must wait for Sirius to rise!!!"

Bara writes  (p.263) "What I do know is that NASA continues to follow these rituals to this day, on virtually every mission they undertake." So what evidence does he present to persuade us of this incredibly unlikely scenario? None, essentially. He writes extensively about the astrology at the time when Buzz Aldrin conducted a religious ceremony to give thanks for a safe lunar landing, but that event is disqualified because it was not a NASA event but something Aldrin decided to do privately. Mission Control didn't even know about it.

The only other event he cites is the star positions at the landing of Apollo 16. Funny he chose that one -- 16 had a computer glitch and landed 8 hours later than planned.

But in any case. all that so-called evidence is 40 years old. He has nothing to say about the timing of Shuttle flights, for example, or modern Mars probes.

There is much else to criticize in this wretched book, but there are a couple of clear examples of Mr. Bara's incompetence as a non-fiction author.
Why do I always get the impression that you'd like Mike Bara to dress you up in nice frilly evening dress and romance you till your sphincter's bruised?
On a satellite I ride. Nothing down below can hide.
(05-09-2015, 03:15 PM)Keith Wrote: Why do I always get the impression that you'd like Mike Bara to dress you up in nice frilly evening dress and romance you till your sphincter's bruised?

I think the only possible answer is that you've comprehensively misunderstood my interest in pseudoscience.
I comprehensively understand entirely the symptoms of infatuation that you consistently and perhaps unknowingly broadcast.

read some of what you say doesn't "say" what it says, realize the implications of where it came from, and how that was interpreted into policy- not mandated, Brookings can't mandate a thing, but they are who and what they are to the gov't- well listened to advice, and granted the horror scenarios therein, surely scared policymakers into action.

"While face-to-face meetings with it will not occur within the next twenty years (unless its technology is more advanced than ours, qualifying it to visit Earth), artifacts left at some point in time by these life forms might possibly be discovered through our space activities on the Moon, Mars, or Venus." – pages 182–183[2]

Right there they admit a possibility few of the pseudoskeptic lot would ungrudgingly admit. Remember who this is and who they're talking to

"Anthropological files contain many examples of societies, sure of their place in the universe, which have disintegrated when they have had to associate with previously unfamiliar societies espousing different ideas and different life ways; others that survived such an experience usually did so by paying the price of changes in values and attitudes and behavior." – page 183

There you have it, hit them where they fear most- admit alien life, find alien artifacts, meet the aliens... we're going to perish!

"Since intelligent life might be discovered at any time via the radio telescope research presently under way, and since the consequences of such a discovery are presently unpredictable because of our limited knowledge of behavior under even an approximation of such dramatic circumstances, two research areas can be recommended:

Continuing studies to determine emotional and intellectual understanding and attitudes -- and successive alterations of them if any -- regarding the possibility and consequences of discovering intelligent extraterrestrial life.

Historical and empirical studies of the behavior of peoples and their leaders when confronted with dramatic and unfamiliar events or social pressures. Such studies might help to provide programs for meeting and adjusting to the implications of such a discovery. Questions one might wish to answer by such studies would include: How might such information, under what circumstances, be presented to or withheld from the public for what ends? What might be the role of the discovering scientists and other decision makers regarding release of the fact of discovery?" – pages 183–184

So what do they do, tell us or not based on what you read? what is really advised here and the hard consequence of the preceding statements?

"An individual's reactions to such a radio contact would in part depend on his cultural, religious, and social background, as well as on the actions of those he considered authorities and leaders, and their behavior, in turn, would in part depend on their cultural, social, and religious environment. The discovery would certainly be front-page news everywhere; the degree of political or social repercussion would probably depend on leadership's interpretation of (1) its own role, (2) threats to that role, and (3) national and personal opportunities to take advantage of the disruption or reinforcement of the attitudes and values of others. Since leadership itself might have great need to gauge the direction and intensity of public attitudes, to strengthen its own morale and for decision making purposes, it would be most advantageous to have more to go on than personal opinions about the opinions of the public and other leadership groups." – page 183

"The knowledge that life existed in other parts of the universe might lead to a greater unity of men on Earth, based on the 'oneness' of man or on the age-old assumption that any stranger is threatening. Much would depend on what, if anything, was communicated between man and the other beings . . ." – page 183

Hippy talk

"The positions of the major American religious denominations, the Christian sects, and the Eastern religions on the matter of extraterrestrial life need elucidation. Consider the following: 'The Fundamentalist (and anti-science) sects are growing apace around the world . . . For them, the discovery of other life -- rather than any other space product -- would be electrifying. . . . some scattered studies need to be made both in their home centers and churches and their missions, in relation to attitudes about space activities and extraterrestrial life.'" – page 102, n.34[3]

oh, now they're saying the christians would go all electrified!

"If plant life or some subhuman intelligence were found on Mars or Venus, for example, there is on the face of it no good reason to suppose these discoveries, after the original novelty had been exploited to the fullest and worn off, would result in substantial changes in perspectives or philosophy in large parts of the American public, at least any more than, let us say, did the discovery of the coelacanth or the panda." – page 103, n.34

only if this life or such is less than human level would they advise to say anything then?

"If super intelligence is discovered, the results become quite unpredictable. It is possible that if the intelligence of these creatures were sufficiently superior to ours, they would choose to have little if any contact with us. On the face of it, there is no reason to believe that we might learn a great deal from them, especially if their physiology and psychology were substantially different from ours."– page 103, n.34

We'd probably learn nothing from them anyway? really?

"It has been speculated that, of all groups, scientists and engineers might be the most devastated by the discovery of relatively superior creatures, since these professions are most clearly associated with the mastery of nature, rather than with the understanding and expression of man. Advanced understanding of nature might vitiate all our theories at the very least, if not also require a culture and perhaps a brain inaccessible to Earth scientists." – page 103, n.34

Now the scientists and engineers would up and join the christians.

"It is perhaps interesting to note that when asked what the consequences of the discovery of superior life would be, an audience of Saturday Review readership chose, for the most part, not to answer the question at all, in spite of their detailed answers to many other speculative questions." – page 103, n.34

ahh, and the people would rather not hear it.

"A possible but not completely satisfactory means for making the possibility 'real' for many people would be to confront them with present speculations about the I.Q. of the porpoise and to encourage them to expand on the implications of this situation." – page 105, n.36

let's acclimate them to it gradually, which they did do

"Such studies would include historical reactions to hoaxes, psychic manifestations, unidentified flying objects, etc. Hadley Cantril's study, Invasion from Mars (Princeton University Press, 1940), would provide a useful if limited guide in this area. Fruitful understanding might be gained from a comparative study of factors affecting the responses of primitive societies to exposure to technologically advanced societies. Some thrived, some endured, and some died." – page 105, n.37
history shows we'll panic and stampede.

Read what the nations most attended to think tank is saying.
(05-09-2015, 03:43 PM)Keith Wrote: I comprehensively understand entirely the symptoms of infatuation that you consistently and perhaps unknowingly broadcast

It's all in your imagination, Keith.

(05-09-2015, 03:43 PM)Keith Wrote: "While face-to-face meetings with it will not occur within the next twenty years (unless its technology is more advanced than ours, qualifying it to visit Earth), artifacts left at some point in time by these life forms might possibly be discovered through our space activities on the Moon, Mars, or Venus." – pages 182–183[2]

[..etc..]

Bara wrote that the report "insisted that any evidence of 'artifacts' in the solar system should be covered up."

THAT IS SIMPLY NOT TRUE.
well, anyone could go back and gather empirical proof of such infatuation simply by looking up all posts by user Lincoln

nothing imaginary about that, lol
(05-09-2015, 04:48 PM)Keith Wrote: well, anyone could go back and gather empirical proof of such infatuation simply by looking up all posts by user Lincoln

nothing imaginary about that, lol

No Keith, I meant the SEXUAL interest is in your imagination. You might want to think about the implications of that......
LOL how is that saying in English? The donkey calling his butt brown?
Seek and ye shall find. JESUS
------------------------------------------
I am a recovering vegetarian   Hi
lincoln says

Quote:He trots out yet again the well-debunked idea that the Brookings Report of 1960
mandated NASA to STFU if it ever discovered evidence of extraterrestrial life. 
The debunk is here  Whip 

I opened your link and saw that it was RationalWiki.
As I was reading the "debunk" content, it occured to me Hmm2
that you probably wrote that Lincoln.
Vintage.

So I looked into RationalWiki a bit. 
I looked for the writers --  
---> the editors    pimp  Pimp   poop  Poop     woohoo Woohoo     yakfight :yakfight:    and Shemp

Notable items on the Main page:

Quote:RationalWiki does have a strong skeptically-oriented point of view; 
and that point of view is that the scientific method and the information gained from its application 
is better than almost anything else humanity has come up with. 

The site's POV is that the support of, 
profiting from and creation of pseudosciences is as dangerous as it is wrong. 
Articles are created from this perspective, 
demonstrating the strength of science and the folly of the cranks. 
Similarly, articles relating to authoritarianism, logical fallacies, 
and wrong and broken thinking in general need to expose their flaws and dangers.

Then on this page where they list the editors
check out ... der "ubermensch"  

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/RationalWiki:Active_users

Quote:Übermensch >  30 edits per day .... Freudian slop 
Hyperactive >     10 edits per day ....... in need of weed
Very active >        3 edits per day ..... punk ass bitch
Active >               1 edits per day .... jerk off jethro
Dipshit >              1 edit per week .... Untermensch  

Actual Rat-Wiki editor avatars:

fuzzycatpotatoes    marmothead    psygremlin   and   buttbeagle?  ... spelling?  Dunno Whip

I figured you had to be one of those four,
because you certainly are a fuzzycatpotato in the kitty litter.
But when it comes to Bara ... you are definitely a buttbeagle   Smoke
(05-09-2015, 05:10 PM)lincoln Wrote: No Keith, I meant the SEXUAL interest is in your imagination. You might want to think about the implications of that......

so, the part about putting you in a frilly dress and romancing you is true, just no sex?
Thanks for taking an interest in this thread. I no longer read or respond to comments expressing adolescent sexual fantasies.
sure buddy, any time you need a pin to pop that swollen head- we got 'em

it has been made patently clear to you here again and again that pretty much all of us here pay little attention to what Mike says or does
If he has something really fantastic to share he can bring it here and get the treatment as well, but all he's saying has been passed through here before.
He's just another guy with an opinion about what is relevant to his interests and view of events, no better or worse than you, me, V ,  Wook, EA, RWH or the rest of us.

The Issue here should rather be what did the Brookings Report imply, and what are the implications of how it was or wasn't applied and how has it shaped the opinion of policymakers.

I reprinted the pertinent parts earlier, 
everyone should at least read it and make up their own minds on what it implies based on their own knowledge and experience as well
Quote:He trots out yet again the well-debunked idea that the Brookings Report of 1960 mandated NASA to STFU if it ever discovered evidence of extraterrestrial life. The debunk is here -- in a nutshell, the report recommended that the question of public reaction should be researched but it did not express any preconceived opinion.[/font][/size]

Then he moves on to an even more serious error -- what he calls the 'Ritual Alignment Model.' This is a self-evidently ridiculous proposition according to which NASA times mission events when any of five stars are at any of five elevations as seen from some vantage point such as Houston or The Cape. The stars are Sirius, Regulus, and the belt stars of Orion. The elevations are -33°, -19.5°, 0, 19.5° and 33°. It calls to mind launch controllers meticulously calculating a launch window for an orbital rendezvous, then a senior manager yelling "STOP!!!! We must wait for Sirius to rise!!!"

Bara writes  (p.263) "What I do know is that NASA continues to follow these rituals to this day, on virtually every mission they undertake." So what evidence does he present to persuade us of this incredibly unlikely scenario?

Here's an incredibly unlikely scenario in [b]a new book for you to review[/b] Linke.

Quote:Thanks for taking an interest in this thread? Do You read or respond to comments expressing anachronistic contexual fantasies?

Recall:

Mississippi Mound Builders Meet the 33rd Legion

Astronomer Alan Smale spends his days at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center  exploring celestial objects, but he's also the author of Clash of Eagles, an alternate-history novel in which a Roman Legion invades North America and encounters the Cahokian civilization

what'd vic say about eagles? Dunno  
Quote:Clash of Eagles
New from Del Rey in March 2015: CLASH OF EAGLES, by Alan Smale.
The Roman Empire never fell. Now, in 1218 AD, jaded commander Gaius Marcellinus leads his legion into North America confident that he will find easy victories and the gold necessary to finance his Emperor’s endless wars with Mongol China.
Marcellinus couldn’t be more wrong. The inhabitants of Nova Hesperia have impressive fighting skills, along with sophisticated flying machines constructed of wood, skin and sinew which decimate even his disciplined legionaries. And after a harrowing march into the middle of the vast continent, Marcellinus will face the full might of the Mississippian mound-builder culture in a battle that will change his life forever….
CLASH OF EAGLES continues on from the novella, “A Clash of Eagles”, winner of the 2010 Sidewise Award for Alternate History. Two more volumes from Del Rey in 2016 and 2017 will complete the continent-spanning ancient American saga.

[b][Image: UK_Smale_ClashofEagles_Final.jpg]

[Image: 5_sisika_thumb.jpg]
From "Clash of Eagles": the Cahokian falcon warrior Sintikala, as imagined by 2013 Hugo Award winner for Best Fan Artist Galen Dara.

Falcon is just NASA Astronomer code for Horus... Guitar[/b]

Quote:He trots out yet again the well-debunked idea that the Brookings Report of 1960 mandated NASA to STFU if it ever discovered evidence of extraterrestrial life. The debunk is here -- in a nutshell, the report recommended that the question of public reaction should be researched but it did not express any preconceived opinion.[/size]

[font=Georgia]   Bara writes  (p.263) "What I do know is that NASA continues to follow these rituals to this day, on virtually every mission they undertake." So what evidence does he present to persuade us of this incredibly unlikely scenario?

Here's an incredibly unlikely scenario in [b]a new book for you to review[/b] Linke.

Quote:Thanks for taking an interest in this thread? Do You read or respond to comments expressing anachronistic contexual fantasies?

Recall:

Mississippi Mound Builders Meet the 33rd Legion

Astronomer Alan Smale spends his days at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center  exploring celestial objects, but he's also the author of Clash of Eagles, an alternate-history novel in which a Roman Legion invades North America and encounters the Cahokian civilization

what'd vic say about eagles? Dunno  
Quote:Clash of Eagles
New from Del Rey in March 2015: CLASH OF EAGLES, by Alan Smale.
The Roman Empire never fell. Now, in 1218 AD, jaded commander Gaius Marcellinus leads his legion into North America confident that he will find easy victories and the gold necessary to finance his Emperor’s endless wars with Mongol China.
Marcellinus couldn’t be more wrong. The inhabitants of Nova Hesperia have impressive fighting skills, along with sophisticated flying machines constructed of wood, skin and sinew which decimate even his disciplined legionaries. And after a harrowing march into the middle of the vast continent, Marcellinus will face the full might of the Mississippian mound-builder culture in a battle that will change his life forever….
CLASH OF EAGLES continues on from the novella, “A Clash of Eagles”, winner of the 2010 Sidewise Award for Alternate History. Two more volumes from Del Rey in 2016 and 2017 will complete the continent-spanning ancient American saga.

[b][Image: UK_Smale_ClashofEagles_Final.jpg]

[Image: 5_sisika_thumb.jpg]
From "Clash of Eagles": the Cahokian falcon warrior Sintikala, as imagined by 2013 Hugo Award winner for Best Fan Artist Galen Dara.

Falcon is just NASA Astronomer code for Horus... Guitar[/b]
Along the vines of the Vineyard.
With a forked tongue the snake singsss...
Stu-be-do-be-do.... bedobedobe...

:)

Yeah, Mike Bara's a fucktwit.

but you learned something about Brookings didn't ya?
Have to look at things level.
I saw your reply to Bara on his posting of the lunar ziggurat on your FB lunar page.
I never liked his ziggurat images.
What else is he up to?

As far as Stu is concerned,
he is on a rant after Kerry Cassidy Whip
who is borderline daffy and semi deranged in a glue trap of conspiracies,
as Stu points to her Illuminati - Draco run planetary governments.

Stu however decides to revert to his gay 90's opera days and gets poeticly inferential,
in an interesting fashion.
He titles his last blog at his Emoluments of Mars link:

Kerry Cassidy  -- a cunning stunt 

but we know dirty old  Aqualung Stu-Fu Rofl  
really infers this in a devilish poke at Cassidy:

Kerry Cassidy a -- stunning cun

Lol

lol ... I see now the thread on your lunar anomalies page on FB about Bara.
I don't go to FB too much,
but I saw your reply to bunghole city Bara.

Rofl

Quote:a first rate pussy motherfucker

Mike's been feeding off me in nearly everything he's produced
because he seems incapable of discovering anything anomalous on his own that isn't made up. 

You need a Mike Bara ... emoticon ... put his face in a Pennywise Whip

Lincoln over at dorkmission learned some tactics here from us,
putting Bara on the cover of Time mag --
I tried to post that image but it is blocked with malware.

here you go, you can crop the image, reduce size down to an emoticon,
without the Moon Clown words

[Image: 7nlInGy.jpg]

Our write Moon Clown around his neck.

Bob... Ninja Assimilated
"The Light" - Jefferson Starship-Windows of Heaven Album
I'm an Earthling with a Martian Soul wanting to go Home.   
You have to turn your own lightbulb on. ©stevo25 & rhw007
it's awesome as is...

:)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...ater&ifg=1
Mike Bara's been 'borrowing' my work in his books and presentations without asking me.
he's also an ardent 9-11 commission supporter
when I tasked him on it he cursed me like a dog.
So I told him I'd bloody his fuckin nose for that.
then not ever to show up where I am

so he blocks me..
like everywhere, I guess he's somewhere he thinks i can't see him talking shit, but he's a pussy.
Gary says he has recordings of anomaly conference hosts and managers discussing Mike's sexual predation on attendees and fangirls
seems he's been a bad boy.

time to watch that ass clown fall.
[Image: 43592812_1904755076268881_67891057044446...e=5C608330]
Well I agree with YOUR new adjusted photo, but Vianova's without the double Moons YOU made it even better, my suggestion was just ONE way to put Moon Clown "somewhere".

As always you have done a BETTER image for the meme.  I agree Bara's a double moon asshole, I've never had a discussion with him.  I also have not re-upped with Hoagland's radio show because I can't stay up that long and find he hasn't taken up the #2020CydonaiRover cause.

I make it a MONTHLY necessary point to contact President Trump about the ONLY quadrant on Mars where the USGS goes from 1970s to 2005 with in map legend two words " Origins: Enigmatic" . without even any guesses.  In 2005 Dr Tonka added several guesses, one with "inliners mass-wasting process" and state aka Photo-Shopped.

I ask that if your sending the first and ONLY Nuclear rover to Mars and NOT send it to the ONLY place where even the guesses do not even state even ONE SINGLE geological, or any natural scientific formation and they don't send it there is a waste of money.  It's their JOB to seek the unknown.  And it's at the SAME latitude as Elon Musk is going to land his BFR's on Mars HiWish list.  Since he's going there just West of Cydonia in Longtude, but the SAME Latitude.  He should tell NASA by Executive order to make them land it there.

Think how great and better it would help Humans to get to Mars if we had that Nuclear Rover nearby to help the community build itself up, and then be there to do BOOTS on the ground to double check what the Rover finds at some later date.

My last HiiWish is for a SQUARE full all instruments ON over the Smoker.  You still cannot see the bottom, it's a black hole, not tan, not sand, not dust, that thing CANNOT be a meteor crater, that pyramid is built with same size blocks, some are on the ground, in same size.  A meteor hit would have broken that corner, and it didn't rise up in a Pyramid Style from Giza including a partial collapse of the covering similar to Egypt's.

So, no I don't listen to Hoagland anymore, I have my own bills to get paid.  Don't hate the man, but not paying him anymore to listen in and have time out to interact with him.

I always try to keep Wook's We never forget about Mars going when PDS releases come out, or the link I just put there that you can now do 3D Destop follows the only remaining working rover on Mars.

To not send the next one to Cydonia, imho, is a HUGE waste of taxpayer $$$

#2020CydoniaRover

S   P   R   E   A    D            I    T           E      V     E     R     Y     W     H     E     R     E  

Bob... Ninja Assimilated
"The Light" - Jefferson Starship-Windows of Heaven Album
I'm an Earthling with a Martian Soul wanting to go Home.   
You have to turn your own lightbulb on. ©stevo25 & rhw007
That is a great adaptation of the image.
I am glad that you amended the original.
I saw the new version first on your FB Lunar Anomalies page.

Bara and his Heinie Hole Ziggurat on the moon.
I never liked it.
It's right up there with Barnsy's Sphynx-ture, and Zip's Looney Tunes.

Reefer

I started to add some fangs to it, but that would imply he had a bite.. he doesn't

The Diddled-us Ziggurat?
there's no such thing.
It's a non item. a simple intracrater spit of land with a small crater on top. guess he lost his mind when I showed it.
here's the actual low gen photo original.

http://www.thehiddenmission.com/ApolloOr...8-5564.jpg

and this is looking dead eye dick right down on top of the very place
http://www.thehiddenmission.com/images/M...ere-50.jpg

There's been no doctoring of the original photo, he just misinterprets and does creative photoshopping.